Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-20, 17:51   Link #1
Goldenducky

Send a message via AIM to Goldenducky
Anoyone Know Any Good Animes?

hey does anyone have any good animae suggestions?
all the good ones i've seen I've already replayed over and over and over........

any suggestions?
Old 2004-01-20, 18:04   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

You really have to tell us what you enjoy and what you don't like.

What are you looking for. Comedy, Drama, Action? Shounen, Shoujo? Fantasy, Sci-fi, Mecha? Films, long series, short series? Series you can download, series on DVD?

Give us a clue
Old 2004-01-20, 18:23   Link #3
Goldenducky

anything really

preferably something cowboy bebop or Berserk
those 2 are my all time favorites
Old 2004-01-20, 20:01   Link #4
Iridi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenducky
anything really

You'll probably like Neon Genesis Evangelion...
Old 2004-01-20, 21:01   Link #5
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

Something like bebop and Berserk...hmmmm......sounds like Air Master to me.
Old 2004-01-21, 11:06   Link #6
Koenig
looking for a bento box

Maybe you should check out the "What's your favorite anime ?" thread in the general anime forum, should give you some ideas
Old 2004-01-21, 11:53   Link #7
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

it wuld be nice..

It'd be so nice if ud named the ones ud already seen so we can give other suggestions.
Old 2004-01-21, 12:35   Link #8
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Send a message via ICQ to sopel Send a message via MSN to sopel
Try Triangle Heart(s) , I downloaded it recently and thought it was good, its about a brother/sister that specialize in sword mastery and are hired to protect their friend who is a singer. Even though it's short I still enjoyed it ^^

~~~Sopel
Old 2004-01-24, 22:28   Link #9
Goldenducky

okie dokie thanks much guys!!!!!
Old 2004-01-28, 04:12   Link #10
Scythe

I posted this in another thread but I'm just going to basically copy and paste this because I am not re-typing it.

Naruto -- Good, steady storyline with alot of action to keep the plot moving forward. It does lag in places, especially starting around episode 39 and above. The speed picks back up now and then though as the episodes go along.

Slayers -- Comedy, action, this anime has it all. There's three seasons and three movies. The only thing they both share is the name and the main character: Lina Inverse. Other then that, the movies and the series are different. This anime rarely slows down and it will you crying from laughing so hard in places.

Card Captor Sakura -- This one proves that not all animes need villians to be well made. It's more shoujo then the other two I mentioned but it is a very well scripted anime. There's 70 episodes plus two movies. The last movie: Sakura and the Enchanted Card is a perfect ending to an already wonderful anime.

Saber Marionette J -- Highly funny. I suggest this one if you love comedy. It doesn't really have the same blend of action/comedy that Slayers does but this one is literally pure comedy. It's different from the others, focusing on a world where male clones are the only ones who exist. There is no females and the only females are called Marionette dolls. They're very rare but one boy finds one named Lime in a capsule and she becomes attached to him. Alot of insanity occurs afterwards.

Vision of Escaflowne -- One of the first animes that I watched completely through. Twenty-six episodes and a movie that was a remake of the anime. Go with the anime series, ignore the movie for now. The series is crafted perfectly. It has mecha, comedy, romance, action, you name it. Now, the romance usually would bother me because I'm not really into that but how they did it here was very nice. It was a gradual climb towards it. It wasn't rushed or anything. The mecha fighting scenes are much better then the Gundam ones.

Hikaru no Go -- I haven't seen or read much of this anime but it looks very interesting. I suggest that you give it a try.
Old 2004-01-28, 05:00   Link #11
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe
I posted this in another thread but I'm just going to basically copy and paste this because I am not re-typing it...
Searching your posts and linking to the post, or just linking back to the thread (no need to search for the post in that case), is a good way to do this.

And it reminds people that they should search other posts before starting threads. As you say, retyping the same info over and over is tiresome.
Old 2004-01-29, 16:36   Link #12
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenducky
anything really

The problem is that there isn't really any other anime like that. IMO, Cowboy Bebop, is the best of its genre so it is hard to suggest anything like it. Sort of the same with Berserk. There are plenty of action animes but only a fews combine a great story to match.

Do you prefer more serious anime as opposed to some more light-hearted one?
Old 2004-02-01, 10:39   Link #13
<Suikoden>
Arch Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopel
Try Triangle Heart(s) , I downloaded it recently and thought it was good, its about a brother/sister that specialize in sword mastery and are hired to protect their friend who is a singer. Even though it's short I still enjoyed it ^^

~~~Sopel
triangle hearts not that good,the characters all look the SAME,story too plain
Old 2004-02-01, 12:47   Link #14
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Well from animesuki I highly recomend you these ones:

Future Boy Connan (From the creator the Castle in the sky, Spirited Away, Princess mononokie and the valley of the wind)

Rose Of versailles (The best drama ever. It will keep you at edge of you seat)

Hikaru No GO (You may know this one already)

Hunter X Hunter (From the creator of Yuyu Hakusho)

Of course that there are a lot more of interesting shows to watch but these ones could be considered like spleeper hits which means that they don't have all the attention that they deserve.
I personaly recomend you Future Boy Connan and Hunter X Hunter since what you like is Berserk and Cowboy you won't certainly regret watching this two action/adventure animes.These two could be easily be at their level (Even though berserk is my second all time favorite anime)
Old 2004-02-01, 18:56   Link #15
kyosama
Slayer of a thousand men!

i would suggest u to watcha naruto, shaman king, samurai deeper kyo, hellsing, gundam seed, hack sign , hack dusk, kiddy grade........and some others..........