Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-03-24, 05:37   Link #521
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace View Post
Anyway, I'm surprised Tiera even made it to the top ten; most people I know hate his girly ass. XD But I guess he deserves it, he almost owned the Trinity at one time, after all.
actually I could understand a 'lot' of reason why Teria get that rank

what suprise me the most are Lockon rank - I guess they made the rank before episode 23-
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 05:39   Link #522
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Hey, Neena placed fourth and twenty-second!
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 05:41   Link #523
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
what suprise me the most are Lockon rank - I guess they made the rank before episode 23-
Lockon does seem to be the least popular Meister in Japan though. In the most recent 2ch polls he's also in last place amongst the four...
Old 2008-03-24, 06:09   Link #524
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Lockon does seem to be the least popular Meister in Japan though. In the most recent 2ch polls he's also in last place amongst the four...
Wow... Does it mean that metrosexual sissyboy image is reaching its peak of popularity in Japan?
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 08:01   Link #525
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Wow... Does it mean that metrosexual sissyboy image is reaching its peak of popularity in Japan?
actually I think Tieria rank might go skyrocketed if they show him actually as a girl
Old 2008-03-24, 08:15   Link #526
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

LOL, he's ok to me, but I still find his hermaphroditic image a bit disturbing...

I can't understand why even Allelujah's rank is higher than Lockon. The Japanese sure like'em (the heroes) short and the less Caucasian the better, huh?
Old 2008-03-24, 09:03   Link #527
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandsleepy View Post
April 2008 Animage Character Best Ranking

No. 1 = Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
No. 2 = Setsuna F Seiei (MS Gundam 00)
No. 3 = Tieria Erde (MS Gundam 00)
No. 4 = Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
No. 5 = Kira Yamato (MS Gundam Seed)
No. 6 = Allelujah/Hallelujah Haptism (MS Gundam 00)
No. 7 = Graham Aker (MS Gundam 00)
No. 8 = Lockon Stratos (MS Gundam 00)
No. 9 = Toushiro Hitsugaya (Bleach)
No. 10 = Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
No. 11 = Kyoya Hibari (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)
No.12 = Athrun Zala (MS Gundam Seed)
No. 13 = Takaya Abe (Okiku Furikabutte)
No. 14 = Hinagiku Katsura (Hayate the Combat Butler!)
No. 15 = Sougo Okita (Gintama)
No. 16 = Tamaki Kawazoe (Bamboo Blade)
No. 17 = Izumi Konata (Lucky Star)
No. 18 = C.C. (Code Geass)
No. 19 = Kanda Yuu (D. Gray-man)
No. 20 = Nagisa Furukawa (Clannad)
No. 21 = Cagalli Yula Atha (MS Gundam Seed)
No. 22 = Nagi Sanzen'in (Hayate the Combat Butler!)
No. 23 = Lacus Clyne (MS Gundam Seed)
No. 24 = Fate T. Harlaown (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikeS)
No. 25 = Neuro Nogami (Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro)
No. 26 = Hayate Ayasaki (Hayate the Combat Butler!)
No. 27 = Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
No. 28 = Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
No. 29 = Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
No. 30 = Chiaki Minami (Minamike Okawari)

Enjoy!
Am I reading this right!?...Can it be true!?

YES!!! Finally Kira knocked from his throne! I can care less so long as Kira and the rest of GSD stays down!

Edit: BTW can we get the actual numbers on this?
Old 2008-03-24, 09:20   Link #528
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

I am still amazed that Kira reigned on the chart so long, though Counting according to the fanboy/fangirls changing tastes, it was helluva long reign :P
Old 2008-03-24, 09:23   Link #529
Var
Banned

Quote:
I am still amazed that Kira reigned on the chart so long, though Counting according to the fanboy/fangirls changing tastes, it was helluva long reign :P
People like invincible characters. Why? Because they don't have to worry about them dieing and them losing their favorite character.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 09:26   Link #530
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
People like invincible characters. Why? Because they don't have to worry about them dieing and them losing their favorite character.
Sure. But this does not make those characters any worse. Just look at American superheroes (Superman, Spidey, Batman etc.). Some of them managed to last as long as more than half of the century till now
Old 2008-03-24, 09:46   Link #531
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Yay! All four Meisters gets the top Ten! Congratz!
Old 2008-03-24, 11:29   Link #532
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Finally Kira knocked from his throne! I can care less so long as Kira and the rest of GSD stays down!
Finally? he was knocked down a long time ago! I remember that shinji made his come back as number 1 in the newtype rankings.

it all depends which show is currently running ^^° .... I bet kira will be first again as soon as the movie comes out.
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 11:34   Link #533
Killer Tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikyu View Post
Finally? he was knocked down a long time ago! I remember that shinji made his come back as number 1 in the newtype rankings.

it all depends which show is currently running ^^° .... I bet kira will be first again as soon as the movie comes out.
Actually I read a long time back (abt a few months after GSD ended) that Kira was number 5 on the top villains' list Not sure about the source tho...
Killer Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 11:45   Link #534
Var
Banned

Quote:
Sure. But this does not make those characters any worse. Just look at American superheroes (Superman, Spidey, Batman etc.). Some of them managed to last as long as more than half of the century till now
American superheroes never die or are quickly retconned. I also didn't say it made them worse or better, just that immortals are more popular since everyone knows they can't die and will always be 'awesome'.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 12:32   Link #535
tetsuo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
ah thanx for the information

boring anime huh? well not according to me and MANY other people plus the other that buying the gunpla like crazies (me too) according to gunota, 00 outsales destiny by 120% this news were like months ago (december if I'm not mistaken)

- ah well whatever I guess the only gundam show you ever saw are seed -
mind sharing links to back it up? if you dont mind ^^and let me guess it also outsells Destiny by 120% in DVD's sales

--- code Geass stop airing and Lelouch still hold no.1 over setsuna LOL wonder what place setsuna will fall once the 1st season stop airing
Old 2008-03-24, 12:50   Link #536
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
mind sharing links to back it up? if you dont mind ^^and let me guess it also outsells Destiny by 120% in DVD's sales

--- code Geass stop airing and Lelouch still hold no.1 over setsuna LOL wonder what place setsuna will fall once the 1st season stop airing

haaaaah............................... gunpla means the plastic model of gundam there are also some news about the dvd sales but i forgot the source and to lazy to look here you go the link for gunota http://aeug.blogspot.com/2007_12_01_archive.html

and also gundam 00 haven't finished it's airing there is still episode 25 called SETSUNA - want to bet if his popularity gonna skyrocketed after this? -

edit: ah found it about the dvd sales http://aeug.blogspot.com/2008_02_01_archive.html

Last edited by Ardi220288; 2008-03-24 at 13:04.
Old 2008-03-24, 13:13   Link #537
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

I still don't see this hype to be even close to the madness caused by CE. Maybe it is yet to come...
Old 2008-03-24, 13:35   Link #538
RedWing

Although I think Setsuna is a better character than Lelouch, Setsuna suffers due to the fact that he has to share screen time with the other meisters. We see that shows with 1 main character will probably do better than shows with 4. Geass only has 2 characters on that list with an average on 9 while 00 has an average of 5.2 with 5 characters. 00 also has a much better character spread with most in the top 10.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 15:03   Link #539
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

I don't think that any protagonist in 00 got me interested as much as most of the Code Geass characters. To me, Gundam 00 is still far less entertaining show than Leouch of the Rebellion (still, it is understanadable as I like more personal-oriented stories). The only character that impressed me so far is Lockon Stratos. With Setsuna and Graham keeping me interested in his future development into and throughout the second season. Besides, the two shows are completely different in terms of the idea, chara design and plot focus. Pretty much everything. And although comparisons within the franchise seem to be quite reasonable even despite some major differences (like SEED vs. 00), Code Geass is not a part of the franchise and does not share such emphasis on mechanical/robotic aspects as Gundams.
Old 2008-03-24, 23:16   Link #540
finalnight
Supreme Commander

While model sales are indeed better for 00, remember that GSD had a large female base too that usually does not buy models but was represented in the higher tv ratings.
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote