AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-10-05, 17:42   Link #1301
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Dude you ever been with a girl you really like? I mean you really like this chick, you finally holler at her, get her number, go on a few dates, and feel like she's the one? Then on the day you go to ask her to go "steady" (Right as you hop on the elevator in her apartment building) you meet this smoking hot chick that just makes you're heart (and other things) explode on first impact...Now you care about your girl, but this elevator chick is giving you the ill-vibe, she's just blowing your mind...Now you never meant for that to happen, it just did...And so you ask Elevator chick for her number, get it, and then visit your main girl and talk about what happened at her job today instead of asking her to be yours forever...

That's what Andy Reid did...Ain't shit wrong with that...Vick blew his effin mind...Who gives a crap if he flip-flopped? This isn't 3rd Congressional District Politics in Virginia, it's football (And the most important thing is that the LOCKER ROOM endorsed this)...If someone is playing absolutely awesome, you let them play (And you keep your main girl on the side ready to show her how much you really care about her if the elevator chick dumps your a$$ or gets a rash^^)...
If this had happened to Brady with Castle or Manning with Sorgi I don't think you would hear the end of this, hell Lienart getting benched pretty much was the death knell of his career at AZ. I mean Kerry Collins for Young is another... these benchings do have their influence over the league.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 18:18   Link #1302
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Frankly, I think it was dumb getting rid of McNabb. Let's face it--Kevin Kolb sucks. So far, in games he has started, Philly has won 1 of 3. In games he has significant playing time, Philly's gone 1-4 (Kansas City being the only win, Saints, Ravens, Packers, Redskins being the losses).

Furthermore, with Philly's O-line, you NEED a QB that can run like crazy, because our O-line is crap. Vick's ability to ninja run was what saved the Eagles so much this season already. IMO, if you put Tom Brady or Peyton Manning behind Philly's O-line, they'd be outta here a lot faster than McNabb.

If you notice something, Brady and Manning don't get sacked a lot and aren't flushed out often. McNabb (and Vick) make so many plays with their legs. IMO, it was plain stupid to trade McNabb. It wasn't McNabb that lost those games--it was pass-happy Andy Reid. And yeah, despite being the Eagles' winningest coach, I'm sure that if he could establish the run more often, you'd be good to go.

That said, I always did like McNabb's jovial attitude. I mean come on, he takes everything with a smile. Gotta love someone like that.
Old 2010-10-05, 19:52   Link #1303
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Breaking News!

Allegedly.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 19:57   Link #1304
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
That said, I always did like McNabb's jovial attitude. I mean come on, he takes everything with a smile. Gotta love someone like that.
Really love that about him as well.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 20:06   Link #1305
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Breaking News!

Allegedly.
Makes sense. I had heard Favre was lobbying the Packers to trade for Moss multiple times but they never did. Makes sense that he'd lobby the Vikings too when given the chance.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 20:07   Link #1306
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Breaking News!

Allegedly.
I like Moss but I don't think this would affect the Patriots too much at this point. He just isn't as much of a threat as he used to be.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 21:28   Link #1307
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I like Moss but I don't think this would affect the Patriots too much at this point. He just isn't as much of a threat as he used to be.
Well Adam Schaffer reports from ESPN says that no deal has been imminent for now, but it could happen but Moss, Rice, Berriam,Shanticoe and Harvin, that is a lethal Wide Receiving core for the Vikings. It's going to be a serious battle between the Packers and Vikings.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 22:12   Link #1308
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Noooooooo, nooooooooooo...Keep that scary bastard in the AFC!
Old 2010-10-05, 23:27   Link #1309
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Moss easily stretches the field while Welker and Hernandez get open underneath. Brandon Tate is fast, but do you think he is ready to replace Moss, cause Edelman ain't gonna do it.
Old 2010-10-05, 23:29   Link #1310
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Moss easily stretches the field while Welker and Hernandez get open underneath. Brandon Tate is fast, but do you think he is ready for that?
I don't think anyone on the team will replace Moss's production right away. But he has been less and less of a factor, so I don't think it would hurt them as much as it might have 2 years ago. With the run game finally shaping up the receivers don't have to be focused on as much as the past few years. And I'm guessing we'd get a draft pick or something useful like that out of the trade, which would be nice since Moss is on the last year of his contract and unlikely to sign with us again.
Old 2010-10-06, 00:01   Link #1311
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain Legacy
With the (Pats) run game finally shaping up...
You confident with that statement?
Old 2010-10-06, 00:20   Link #1312
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
You confident with that statement?
Well anything could happen but it definitely seems like an improvement over the last few years. What's making you question it? I think the Patriots will still rely mostly on their receivers, but we have the option of the run which will give the passing game more breathing room than it had with Maroney.
Old 2010-10-06, 00:23   Link #1313
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The "law firm" of Benjarvis Green-Ellis seems to be coming along. I do think the Pats will continue to be primarily an aerial team, though.

I suspect the pressure to trade Moss is coming as much from Belachek as anyone. Bill was obviously quite angry with Moss's decision to whine about his contract and future during the post-game press conference in week one. Brady won't be happy if Moss is traded, at least for a while, but winning usually puts a good light on events.

Better to get something for Moss now, I guess, than keep him all year and watch him just walk away.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 07:45   Link #1314
Highman

Quote:
^Noooooooo, nooooooooooo...Keep that scary bastard in the AFC!
You scared buddy?
Old 2010-10-06, 08:18   Link #1315
Highman

It's official Moss heading to Vikings yet again!

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=5653186
Old 2010-10-06, 09:17   Link #1316
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Hmm, the old man gets Randy moss eh??? Well now the Vikings sure have a chance now don't they!
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 10:43   Link #1317
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

... ... ...

That was a dumb move by the Pats IMO. He might be a bit of a Prima Donna, but BB shoulda given him a new contract. I mean come on...under him, Brady got the big 50 with the TDs and was 36 seconds away from the super bowl. And now this?

Ugh.
Old 2010-10-06, 11:45   Link #1318
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
... ... ...

That was a dumb move by the Pats IMO. He might be a bit of a Prima Donna, but BB shoulda given him a new contract. I mean come on...under him, Brady got the big 50 with the TDs and was 36 seconds away from the super bowl. And now this?

Ugh.
It was unlikely he was going to sign again, based on his comments earlier. I think it is a smart move to get the draft pick as the Patriots seem to be stacking up new young players.
Old 2010-10-06, 12:17   Link #1319
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Everyone is kinda bailing on Randy, but I see why he so vocal. He's a bit of a prima donna, but he is not stupid. At 33, he knows that his stock is dropping and he's hearing news like this floating around. It's easy to see why he's so desperate for a new contract.

And now it's been reported that Moss and the QB coach got into an argument at halftime on Monday.
Old 2010-10-06, 16:52   Link #1320
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

And that’s why the fans always get hosed...They pay retarded prices for parking and seats and PCLs, and ACL’s^^ for $hit like this...That’s why I’d never be a New England patriot fan...Fans love to win no doubt about it, but once you establish yourself as a winner they come to the ballpark to see superstar players...People don’t want to go to the ballpark to see Edlemen and that new RB Woody Woodpecker (That's why my 3 TV set up with RedZone channel kills going to games)...

New England is a computer program that just switches out data every time the circuitry needs an upgrade (aka when Great Players ask to be paid their market value)...If your name ain’t Tom Brady, no one ever gets a good deal to stay in the place they helped flourish...Belichick’s drafting ability has been a joke since the 2005 season (Or are you waiting for Bethel Johnson and Chad Jackson to still break loose) and his arrogance without the help of cheat-video is astonishing...They were gonna get a 3rd round condition pick anyways if they lost Moss, so they really get nothing in return for this...

So what if Randy Moss was a bit upset? Is BB such a pu$$ he can’t control or adapt to any disgruntled players? You do know every team in the history of this league has had to deal with a Superstar prima-donna every once in a while...Jimmy Johnson (Dallas) was the greatest superstar coach of all time...He didn’t b!tch when Micheal Irvin screamed for the football or Charles Haley had a Mai-Tai in the meeting room...Part of being a head coach is managing personalities (Phil Jackson anyone?)....By this move BB only proves to me more he’s nothing but free software on the internet...No upgrades just patches...

Randy Moss is a top 5 receiver in the history of this game we call football..If you can’t find a way to incorporate this guy into the offense besides “throw a dawg a bone routes” YOU FAIL ( Moss is 3 years younger than T.O. who just had 200plus yd game last week)...... It doesn’t help that Tom Brady hasn’t been able to throw an accurate deep ball in 3 years, but that aside it’s a joke for him to have been used in the manner he was up to this point anyways...I know Sean Payton would find a way to use him here in New Orleans without forcing the action, and at the very least Farve is gonna give him a chance because anytime you throw him the deep ball it’s over 50% chance Moss will catch it (Them good odds for the good ol’ boy Farve)...And with no Wayne Crebet -Wes Welker over-achiever- receivers to hold him down, Moss will probably get some decent looks...New England is just a emotionless abyss that discards some of the games’ greats for draft pick cards and future considerations...Well they can eat the future, I’ll take Moss...

Tags
american football, sports