AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Mitsuki?
She's a great friend, hiding her true feelings all this time in order to help out her pals! 13 14.13%
She has a good heart, but she couldn't cope with trying not to show her feelings. 50 54.35%
She's a traitor, but you sympathize with her. Akane is right to hate her guts, though. 8 8.70%
She's a selfish girl who's deluded herself into thinking she's not doing anything wrong. 6 6.52%
She's a backstabbing bitch and a slut who doesn't deserve to call Haruka a friend! 15 16.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-03, 19:28   Link #1
GUTB_

What do you think of Mitsuki?

Since the last poll got deleted, here we go again.
Old 2003-11-03, 19:40   Link #2
z-kun
baka!

Mitsuki was in love with Narumi-kun in the first place. But never dared to show her feelings. For the sake of her friend Haruka, who liked Narumi, stepped on her heart and arranged the date, but actually hoping deep in her heart that it wouldn't work. She is a very gentle and caring person, who sacrificed her own desires for a friend. The events afterwards are trying to cloud this fact, and tear her between her friendship to Haruka and her love to Narumi. Thas all I can tell after seeing first 4 eps.
Old 2003-11-03, 19:46   Link #3
brightman
Ancient Member

Hmm... In a way, Options 1-4 are all correct in some way or other... I guess it's hard to describe the characters in this show since they are so complex and they display so many good and bad characteristics...

But I guess Option 2 fits as of Ep 5. She helped her friend out though she was clearly unhappy and now that her friend is "gone" she couldn't keep her feelings in anymore. And all the while she feels guilty of her feelings due to her "good heart".
Old 2003-11-03, 19:51   Link #4
Lucier
Lunar Translator

I think option 2 is most accurate...
Old 2003-11-03, 20:10   Link #5
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
She's a backstabbing bitch and a slut who doesn't deserve to call Haruka a friend!

i dont like the guy either >.< poor poor hakura
Old 2003-11-03, 20:11   Link #6
eMpTy265
<unranked>

I voted option 2.

Mitsuki reminds me of Madoka in KOR.

She's a good friend who goes all the way to help her friend (Haruka) hook up with Takayuki.

And when she realizes that she loves him too, she tries her best not to let it show.

Finally, when Haruka's in a coma, and Takayuki's about to collapse, she goes and 'saves' Takayuki.

However, I do not approve of her sleeping with Takayuki so soon.

Furthermore, if the anime series follows through, I won't like the fact that she and Takayuki keep their relationship a secret to Haruka.

Either she cut her ties with Takayuki, for the sake of Haruka. Or she that they find a time to tell Haruka what happened.

Or, Mitsuki can temporarily break up with Takayuki, and fight against Haruka for Takayuki. (damn that lucky bastard) =D
Old 2003-11-03, 20:19   Link #7
GUTB_

Or...

Mitsuki has went so low already that she goes a little nuts. She sneaks into Haruka's hospital room and pulls out a silenced 9mm Berreta and says: "Stay asleep this time!" and plugs her three times in the chest.

Haruka miraculously suvives and wakes up on the morgue operating table, suprising everyone. With the world thinking her dead, she heads home in a daze, and finds Akane dead in a pool of blood, bullet wounds on her chest. Haruka finds Akane's diary and remembers it all, and now peices everything together. She flips out takes out her family's heirloom katana, and she swears to get her revenge on the bitch that killed Akane, stole her boyfriend and murdered her twice now!

Go Haruka!!!!
Old 2003-11-03, 20:22   Link #8
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I picked she's a selfish girl, deluding herself....
It seemed like Mitsuki was trying to sabotage Takayuki and Haruka, which led to the accident. However, she never intended that so she really didn't do anything seriously wrong.
Old 2003-11-03, 20:22   Link #9
aiwa

Send a message via AIM to aiwa
I understand why Mitsuki made the moves on Takayuki and it didn't change my opinion of her at all. After haruka being in a coma for one year and showing no signs of improvement and someone you cared about destroying themselves over their loss, I would probably do the same.
Old 2003-11-03, 20:24   Link #10
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_
Or...

Mitsuki has went so low already that she goes a little nuts. She sneaks into Haruka's hospital room and pulls out a silenced 9mm Berreta and says: "Stay asleep this time!" and plugs her three times in the chest.

Haruka miraculously suvives and wakes up on the morgue operating table, suprising everyone. With the world thinking her dead, she heads home in a daze, and finds Akane dead in a pool of blood, bullet wounds on her chest. Haruka finds Akane's diary and remembers it all, and now peices everything together. She flips out takes out her family's heirloom katana, and she swears to get her revenge on the bitch that killed Akane, stole her boyfriend and murdered her twice now!

Go Haruka!!!!

LOL... isn't that a little too exagerrated?

Heh... but I must say this reminds me of the ending clip @ ep.4, where everyone takes a hammer and hits Haruka. =D

but why kill Akane? Is Mitsuki afraid that Akane will be unable to control herself and bed Takayuki too?

ROFL

Kill Takayuki the pimp. =D
Old 2003-11-03, 21:46   Link #11
Whojive
is behind on many eps

Send a message via AIM to Whojive Send a message via Yahoo to Whojive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I picked she's a selfish girl, deluding herself....
It seemed like Mitsuki was trying to sabotage Takayuki and Haruka, which led to the accident. However, she never intended that so she really didn't do anything seriously wrong.
to everything except the last, confessing your love is one thing but jumping a highly vulnerable guy is seriously wrong, If it were switched and the lead was a girl and her BF was in a coma, and a guy confessing his love then jumping the girl, everybody would cry rape or call him the biggest ass on earth.
Old 2003-11-03, 21:59   Link #12
JokerD

Seems strong but is actually very weak on the inside. I mean before people start labeling her as a backstabber, she was the one who got takayuki to go to see haruka in the hospital after she woke up. Sad, she's one of those who are ignored after her friend got a boyfriend type of girl, even if she was the one who got them together and supported them in the 1st place.

I find her more complex and interesting than the other people in this anime, hopefully this comes out good...
Old 2003-11-03, 23:52   Link #13
Segahekui
t3h n1nj4 1337

Send a message via AIM to Segahekui
i dont see her bad for acting on her feelings, think about it: if you thought someone you knew would never wake up would u restrict your feelings and wait for someone to wake up that might never? also at the point takayuki was really in bad shape and she tried to make him happy again ! plusi t wasntlike she did it with takayuki right after the accident.. it was a year!
Old 2003-11-04, 00:05   Link #14
ZGMF-10A

matsuki is such a slut..... can't get a real guy and have to steal him off her best friend hakura... that is sad..... she looks like a girl in my school(not blue hair though)
... damn hooker...
Old 2003-11-04, 00:09   Link #15
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-10A
can't get a real guy and have to steal him off her best friend hakura...
Umm... Not really... Remember how she said that a number of people had asked her out? But she turned them all down. Because she only likes Takayuki... So she's just picky.
Old 2003-11-04, 00:49   Link #16
lordwu

Mitsuki actually sacrificed the most among all people. She sacrificed her own happiness and pushed Takayuki and Haruka to become a couple. She thought that she will be happy as long as both of her friends are happy. However, all that changed when the tragedy struck. Her best friend was in a coma and her best friend's boyfriend, whom she loved very much, was in a devestated state. Again, she gave up her career as a pro swimmer and became a OL to stay beside Takayuki and tried to cheer him up and supported him without any complaints. IMO, it's not fair to call her a traitor since if she really wants to do it, she could have done so back in the high school. She's just doing what she can do to help her loved ones.
Old 2003-11-04, 01:27   Link #17
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
Mitsuki actually sacrificed the most among all people. She sacrificed her own happiness and pushed Takayuki and Haruka to become a couple. She thought that she will be happy as long as both of her friends are happy. However, all that changed when the tragedy struck. Her best friend was in a coma and her best friend's boyfriend, whom she loved very much, was in a devestated state. Again, she gave up her career as a pro swimmer and became a OL to stay beside Takayuki and tried to cheer him up and supported him without any complaints. IMO, it's not fair to call her a traitor since if she really wants to do it, she could have done so back in the high school. She's just doing what she can do to help her loved ones.
Very well said...Mitsuki is the only character who has given up too much...Quitting from her swim-team (more accurately banned from the team for not giving her best) which, imo, was selfish of her (even to herself - notice how she spaces out every time she runs into a swimming club/aquarium, or anything with water in it)...Neverthelss, giving up swimming was an ultimate sacrifice of her so she can be with Takayuki and still she helds back her feelings atleast a year...I hope in the end, these two end up together with the blessing of every one around them although it seems pretty farfetched from episode 5.
Old 2003-11-04, 02:38   Link #18
Nazgul8

Send a message via ICQ to Nazgul8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
I don't think I can agree with this at all. After she got Takayuki & Haruka together, didn't it seem funny to you that she kept making him late for dates/meetings? One of which could have prevented the accident. I also think the "helping" Takayuki while a nice gesture on her part wasn't exactly a selfless act. Plus the fact that while the anime doesn't show it looked like it had been going on for a while. I don't think that was very healthy for him, seeing the other person involved in the incident so often.

I'm probably going out on a limb here but I also think the semi-forced date she pushed on Takayuki in episode 5 directly led to his behavior in the hospital.

As for the "traitor" tag, I think it fits her. If she wouldn't waited for him to come out of his grief/depression before confessing her feelings I would've felt different about it. But it seemed to me like she took advantage of him at a very vunerable time.

Course if a lot of things things turned out differently this anime wouldn't have all of these great discussions.

Please excuse the run on sentences.
Old 2003-11-04, 03:03   Link #19
Mentar
Banned

Maybe I'm biased, because I've personally been in a Mitsuki-like situation for around 18 months too, with a gorgeous dark-haired big-eyed girl (sonds familiar, eh? ... without getting the true Mitsuki ending (only the "good ending", so to say).

In episode 1, Takayuki's interest in Mitsuki was obvious to the audience, but not to her. If she had pursued him by then, she certainly would have won over Haruka, but she did not - and not because she's the timid type, but because she obviously didn't want to betray Haruka, her friend.

However, she wasn't quite strong enough to suppress her own feelings, which eventually also led to the accident, filling her with guilt up to the rim. Partly her own feelings to Takayuki, partly her immense feeling of guilt and responsibility make her take care for him for over a year. Just trust me on this, to keep this up with a person as destitute as Takayuki for a year without slipping is a huge feat.

She didn't plan to "take advantage" of anyone. In ep5 she's first seen suffering at Haruka's bed on her own. Also, leading up to her making her move on Takayuki - right after he was told by Haruka's parents not to return - she tried to get him to ACCEPT this message and move on. She said that Haruka was never going to wake up, and that things are going to stay like this, so Takayuki should DEAL with realities (ep5). Maybe a bit of wishful thinking, but not overly so. And THIS was when SHE cracked herself and confessed. She was falling apart too, folks. AND she saw Takayuki snap for over a year, and getting much worse (Takayuki taking Haruka to the exhibition, anyone?)

All those Mitsuki-haters should have a quiet minute and wonder:

1) Where would Takayuki have been without Mitsuki
2) Would have Haruka wanted in this kind of state? Would she have wanted Takayuki to go through hell like this?

In a nutshell, Mitsuki has several flaws and edges, but she's been the glue holding this group of people together, through all episodes. So don't condemn her too harshly ... she's not a bad person at all. Just someone who made a poor call out of good reasons in the beginning: Suppressing her own feelings for Takayuki for the sake of her friend. And this eventually became too much for her to deal with. Very human.
Old 2003-11-04, 05:09   Link #20
Jinx626
Yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
All those Mitsuki-haters should have a quiet minute and wonder:

1) Where would Takayuki have been without Mitsuki
2) Would have Haruka wanted in this kind of state? Would she have wanted Takayuki to go through hell like this?

In a nutshell, Mitsuki has several flaws and edges, but she's been the glue holding this group of people together, through all episodes. So don't condemn her too harshly ... she's not a bad person at all. Just someone who made a poor call out of good reasons in the beginning: Suppressing her own feelings for Takayuki for the sake of her friend. And this eventually became too much for her to deal with. Very human.
My sentiments exactly. Her actions might not have been for the best reason but her heart is in the right palce.