AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-22, 16:09   Link #1
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Butler Girl and Senorita (Shitsuji Shoujo to Ojousama)

This is Shitsuji Shoujo to Ojousama by Ikki Sanada. New chapters are serialized monthly on Houbunsha's Manga Time Kirara Forward (I believe it's the same magazine K-ON! and Doujin Works was serialized). Here's the synopsis I found on MangaHelpers:

Quote:
Hinata is a student at a prestigious all girls private school and looks up to Tsugeyama Saki, the shining star of the school. As the younger sister of Saori, the head mistress of the school, Saki is the most popular girl at school with her warm personality, beauty, top academic skills and is pretty much the perfect girl.

Hinata suddenly learns that her parents got extremely into debt, fled the country and pretty much left her out to dry. The headmistress Saori, out of compassion and seeing the Hinata's importance to the school, makes Hinata an offer to become a butler in return for providing room and board for her. Not having much choice, she accepts and is assigned to none other than Saki. Hinata soon finds out that Saki puts on a façade at school and is not the perfect girl everyone thinks she is.
Only one volume has been published so far:

Here's the first chapter,

http://horobinomichi.blogspot.com/20...jousama-1.html

Now based on the first chapter and how much I've glanced on the next couple chapters, I can safely say this is definitely a yuri romantic comedy series. Saki is your textbook "ojou-sama tsundere" who's paired off with a nice yet rather clumsy Hinata. Once more chapters are release, you'll agree with me that Hinata looks DAMN FINE in a male suit and not to mentioned there'll be more opportunities of Hinata wearing fairly masculine clothing!
Old 2010-10-22, 17:22   Link #2
lightbringer
M9000

That sounds really... derivative. But then most manga are, so I'm definitely willing to give it a try. Not really into yuri but this could have potential.
Old 2010-10-23, 10:13   Link #3
darkchibi07

Derivative if it's this plot starring some boring male lead!

Now since were dealing with a girl serving another girl, we have more intriguing dynamics.
Old 2010-10-23, 10:32   Link #4
Used Can

Awesome, I needed some yuri after Girlfriends ended.
Old 2010-10-26, 08:25   Link #5
darkchibi07

Chapter 2 is out!

http://horobinomichi.blogspot.com/20...jousama-2.html

Spoiler for ch. 2:

This sure beats boys being in the receiving end, if you know what I mean!

Tags
comedy, romance, seinen, yuri