AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-12-08, 22:31   Link #361
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Video/ music can easilly be picture drama. It still doesn't make sense, especially since they built this up so much. If they were going to release some big news now would be the time to do it. Otherwise they lose interest.

Now I'm not trying to bash Taniguchi, heaven knows I respect the guy for all he's worth but...anyone else find a mechanical-armed shuriken-chucking hero a bit cliche? No, forget that. Anyone else having a problem with there being a mechanical arm in the EDO era? Oh yes, geass I'm sure. But it's mechanical..
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 22:34   Link #362
Vicious108

Automail in the Edo era ftw.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 22:38   Link #363
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

They can just give a HINT of possible new anime, and people will salivate over it (hey, just like we are). Alot of times, putting out too much information too early can have an overly negative effect.

As for the Taniguchi bit, eh, after the spinzaku bit, I do not expect anything remotely resembling real or physically possible from him.
Old 2009-12-08, 22:44   Link #364
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
Video/ music can easilly be picture drama. It still doesn't make sense, especially since they built this up so much. If they were going to release some big news now would be the time to do it. Otherwise they lose interest.

Now I'm not trying to bash Taniguchi, heaven knows I respect the guy for all he's worth but...anyone else find a mechanical-armed shuriken-chucking hero a bit cliche? No, forget that. Anyone else having a problem with there being a mechanical arm in the EDO era? Oh yes, geass I'm sure. But it's mechanical..
Well, the article says next year will be the announcement. The manga was announced in another magazine this month. I'll give them the first few months of the year to see what is really up.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 22:45   Link #365
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
They can just give a HINT of possible new anime, and people will salivate over it (hey, just like we are). Alot of times, putting out too much information too early can have an overly negative effect.
In exception of the case where something is built up to this degree. In that case you have a disappointed audience and people begin to walk out of the theatre before you can bring them back in.

Quote:
As for the Taniguchi bit, eh, after the spinzaku bit, I do not expect anything remotely resembling real or physically possible from him.
I can buy spinzaku, just because it's a pretty minimal part of the story and an on-going joke. But if Suzaku's apparent anti gravity abilities literally invaded the story as a component of the main plot..

PS. Get that nasty link out of your signature. ); It's misleading.
Old 2009-12-08, 22:57   Link #366
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

I still feel them withholding information at this point is in their best interest, and expected. This allows them to still play around with some ideas, depending on how deep into development they are.

As for spinzaku, like I said, I don't expect much from Taniguchi, but to be entertained. I have given up understanding his sense of physics or combat.

P.S. This group has been around for a long time, and is large & well supported. link aint going nowhere. This fight has been done & stalemated long ago
Old 2009-12-08, 22:57   Link #367
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Maybe Sunrise would go all out, or maybe not. Perhaps they're just trying to generate a buzz and get us all excited about it.

Quote:
Look at the bright side, at least this project will please everybody in the Lelouch is alive/dead camp by being a completely new story and not a sequel that might alienate one group or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Automail in the Edo era ftw.
Perhaps the technology of the Code Geass world is higher than our world is.
After all, isn't Sakuradite supposed to be some kind of "magic" element akin to the fabled "philosopher's stone?"
Maybe that element allows for the creation of higher technological items?
It certainly makes the manga look interesting I'll give Sunrise that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
Aw come on...what's wrong with spinzaku?
Actually the whole dodging machinegun fire thing was a bit off-the-wall before I learned that we weren't told about Suzaku's special abilities due to the rewrite of R2.
Maybe this time the new Suzaku clone will be fully vetted in the manga so we know where he got his powers?

Anyhoo, considering what Taniguichi went through to direct Code Geass, I cut the guy a lot of slack. It's my understanding he had a rough time of it.
I like him as a director, so I'm willing to give this manga a try.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 23:00   Link #368
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Quote:
P.S. This group has been around for a long time, and is large & well supported. link aint going nowhere. This fight has been done & stalemated long ago
Then as to avoid further confusion, it would be most beneficial for your group's main page to state that it's a purely fan fiction notion, don't you agree? No need to be unintentionally misleading anyone if it's truly not the intention.

But I digress. I am off-topic..

I suppose the manga could be good. After all it's Taniguchi directing it. I'm just a skeptic.
Old 2009-12-08, 23:05   Link #369
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I wonder who the enemy would be...In that period it was mostly shoguns going at each other and later the whole Westernization process with Pro Western capitalists vs Samurai....

I'd be disappointed if this turns out to be a Geass version of The Last Samurai lol.
Old 2009-12-08, 23:54   Link #370
Used Can

I wonder if they'll pull some sort of Geass-based Alter with that mechanic arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I wonder who the enemy would be...
I think the enemy will be the Lelouch lookalike. My guess is he'll be a Britannian prince who'll try to take over Japan.

Anyway, for a better pic:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-09, 00:08   Link #371
Kuroshinobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I wonder who the enemy would be...In that period it was mostly shoguns going at each other and later the whole Westernization process with Pro Western capitalists vs Samurai....

I'd be disappointed if this turns out to be a Geass version of The Last Samurai lol.
There might be a lot of Western antagonists as well. Back than Japan was a fairly closed off country and the only thing they wanted from the West was technology and medicinal stuff.

In fact the only Westerners allowed to freely trade in Japan were the Dutch, and at one point only in two small port cities.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a small Britannia invasion in Japan during the Edo period.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 00:11   Link #372
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Clearly the Black Knights existed in the Edo era. Should be interesting.
Old 2009-12-09, 03:22   Link #373
Vicious108

The Shinsengumi will be Shikkoku no Renya's Black Knights.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 03:37   Link #374
Wevvy
Sword Dancer

Send a message via MSN to Wevvy
Probably some random power with the 2 Codes that lets time travel?
(Random guessing)
Wevvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 03:43   Link #375
Kuroshinobu

How come there are a lot of people who think there's time travel involved?

From what I can understand, it's in the past, C.C. exists there because she's immortal.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 03:45   Link #376
Wevvy
Sword Dancer

Geez, I wonder why, espicially when Lelouch is RIGHT THERE.
Old 2009-12-09, 03:50   Link #377
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If its in the past, its not Lelouch because he hasn't been born yet. The excerpt from the scan says he's a Lelouch look-alike. A LOOK-ALIKE. This does not mean it is Lelouch.
Old 2009-12-09, 03:53   Link #378
Wevvy
Sword Dancer

Look at the cape he's wearing! The Black Knights symbol is on it.
Which was created by Lelouch.

Unless it was perfect coincedence that there were 2 groups with the same exact symbol.
Old 2009-12-09, 03:55   Link #379
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wevvy View Post
Look at the cape he's wearing! The Black Knights symbol is on it.
Which was created by Lelouch.

Unless it was perfect coincedence that there were 2 groups with the same exact symbol.
It appears you missed earlier speculation on the subject. It is entirely possible Lelouch chose the symbol used for the Black Knights due to historic and cultural significance, as the Black Knights at that time were almost entirely Japanese. This Lelouch look-alike could be the reason why the symbol came into existence.
Old 2009-12-09, 03:56   Link #380
Same_Shark

Okay, I'm not a big visitor around this section, but I did watch the anime so this is big news for me. My only problem with the new manga is that the main character, Renya is NOT a boy. Not sure if it's been brought up yet, but HE has boobs.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha