Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-21, 23:48   Link #1861
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
From my understanding, the final novel (or final two novels, not sure how it works, I think there will be an extended epilogue novel that won't be in the anime but won't be vital to the story at hand) isn't out yet. It will release before the episodes that cover it, similar to what ToraDora did.
Gotcha, and that's set to take place sometime in the future right? Novels 8 and 9 or something like that? (like 3+ years down the road?) So that means the last two novels should be released sometime soon within the next few days given that episodes 23 and 24 should be covering these two novels...which makes me wonder how two episodes can cover two full-blown novels??
Old 2011-06-22, 21:24   Link #1862
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
OMG Avril...
It looks like she's supposed to be Tinkerbell, except it's the 1953 Disney Tinkerbell, the one whose body was based on Marilyn Monroe.

The thing is, there actually was a movie version of Peter Pan made in 1924, but in that one, Tinkerbell looked like this:

BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 03:38   Link #1863
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
It is because she's white. Thus, the king is a racist. XD
Or she's from UK, which is allied to Sabure, so she has the option to remain. I can't help thinking that expulsion of foreigners was a cover by Roget to get Kujo out the way.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 13:34   Link #1864
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
It looks like she's supposed to be Tinkerbell, except it's the 1953 Disney Tinkerbell, the one whose body was based on Marilyn Monroe.

The thing is, there actually was a movie version of Peter Pan made in 1924, but in that one, Tinkerbell looked like this:

Actually, Avril is dressed like a fairy flapper. She's wearing a 1920s style flapper dress.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flapper

By the way, new episode is out.

Spoiler for ENDING.. whoa:
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 14:02   Link #1865
Ghostfriendly

Spoiler for ep 23:
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 14:18   Link #1866
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Predictable turn of events. I know they will go for the full drama ending where all die but Victorica and the useless and annoy Kujo. Indeed. Sad that an amazing pair like the "thief" Cordelia and the "illusionist" Brian have to disappear for their sake, they don't deserve it. At least Cordelia has had his revenge. Too early to make a 100% conclusion till the final episode but the last part seems pretty clear where the anime will go.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 17:49   Link #1867
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Victorique as a nun was so cute. Kujo was useless as ever, but like how he held on to the ring. Wow Cordelia sacrificed herself, at least she took Albert with her. So Brian sacrificed himself for Cordelia. But the twin has lost it, hopefully Victorique can escape.
Old 2011-06-24, 19:19   Link #1868
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Am I seriously the only one who thought this past episode completely derailed the entire series? I mean...

Spoiler for Complaining About Shows I Did Actually Watch And Therefore Including Spoilers:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 20:04   Link #1869
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Am I seriously the only one who thought this past episode completely derailed the entire series? I mean...

Spoiler for Complaining About Shows I Did Actually Watch And Therefore Including Spoilers:
Wow. That was a good rant. It felt a bit rushed to me. I did enjoy the showdown between Albert and Cordelia. That was nice.

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 21:12   Link #1870
Friday
Im shy too...

Revenge was sweet for Cordelia!!!!!!

Kujo is back in Japan.....is he?
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 21:17   Link #1871
demonkevy666

me = stunned @_@!
it did seems out of place honestly.
demonkevy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 22:20   Link #1872
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Announcing Checkmate at Dyed-Gray Chess

On the contrary, I think the episode gargantually succeeded at resolving the major conflict: - Marquis Albert DuBlois paying his debt and serving his sentence.

Got to agree, that with either Victorique and Kujo out of the public eye, the world of Gosick at the Library Tower, at Saubreme, and at the Academy felt hollow, outliving its purpose.

One cannot lash to Cecilé for making cheerful attempts to keep the classroom spirits lively for one last time, even if Avril was the last remaining student at the school.

However, I didn't like at all the manipulation of the historical events from an altered timeline not for the manipulation per se, but because this alternate timeline supposedly plays that World War II started with the same triggered as it did in real-life history: the invasion of Poland.

Political tactics were definitely, vastly different in the 1920's from the 1930's.

That aside, Albert became an iconic villain, and archetype of Machiavellan plotting, schism, and manipulation. All the atrocities he committed upon innocent others who had nothing to do; forced through hells that didn't deserve.
All because of his childish fantasies regarding his obsession with occultism, and even Leviathan with his tricks slapped Albert hard on the face that "occultism" was a fake after all, nevertheless, the Marquis did not let himself deterred and used the illusion to creat a fake lie that absorbed the minds, then hearts of the people at Sauville in order for them to pay unwavering loyalty to him, nonetheless.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 22:53   Link #1873
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I thought that was magnificent, personally - not just a beautiful melding of all the plot points that had been planted, but a huge step up in weight class dramatically speaking. It did feel like a different show - in a good way.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 23:24   Link #1874
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

This episode makes me wowed and thrilled...
all i can say its an EPIC.

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 23:55   Link #1875
Undertaker

Being a while since I posted in this theard.

Here is what I think of past few episodes.

The Coco Arc is well done and well written. Gosick has been a chracter-centric series and it had never been known as a serious mystery/detective novel and its tricks and logic has always being lacking. However, the trick behind Coco's murder, while simple, was well-told and logically sound unlike prior tricks. This probably due to Sakuraba's improvement as a writer over past few years after deserting LN area.

The sad part was, just as Coco arc gave me higher anticipation than ever before, the past two episode were serious letdown.

For me, the best part of the Anime adaption was that the Anime crew did a masterful job in adaption the source material. Even if there were few changes in chronology and events, there were handled logically and extremely well. In short, Gosick became a series that can be enjoyed fully without the need of reading the source Novel. In this regard, IMO, it out done some other well received but a bit lacking series such as Oreimo and Toradora. While those two series were well animated, they also requires viewers to read the original LN to get the most out out it's story, (Oreimo in general, Toradora towards second half) while Gosick anime can really claim to be a stand alone work despite featuring the same main plot line.

What was disappointing in last two episode was that they fell rushed, and for first time in series, seem out of place and illogical.

Just as we saw Kujo's improvement in Coco arc, he went right back to his worthless self in ep. 22, trusting Supernatural group, stupidly rashed back to Victorique without any plan, etc.

Episode 23 was even worse, I've always thought the reason Cordelia and Brian didn't decide to rescue Victorique from the school (or earlier) was because Brian was the muscle and Cordelia is the brain in the pair, and they didn't have enough muscle to taking in a physically weak Victorique and protect her. However this all changed when Brian became twins and now Cordelia is now apparently a master assassin. (which is awesome, BTW) There are more than enough muscles there to rescue and protect Victorique if they really wanted to.

In the end, Cordelia and Brian(s) purpose were still ambiguous at best.

Second, Kujo's where about. It seem he is send back to Japan and was ordered to the north back on his superior's remark. But if that's the cases, it seems illogical for the treatment of Kujo (after all, he is the son of high-reank military officer, maybe there isn't preferential treatment, at least he shouldn't get specifically targeted and bullied.) If Kujo was still under Albert's control it seem weird sending Kujo to north while still use his letter as a mean to control Victorique. It much more effecient to lock him up and use his safety to force Vicotique to listen.

Other little things as Grevil went backward to be a yes-man to his father after showing some resistance throughout the series or completely illogical scene where Avril became the last student in the academy, to Roger absolutely got owned by Albert in one shot with nothing to fight back. Or this out of nowhere hatred or Grey Wolves toward Sauville....

Either way, there were a lot of finer details missing and it makes for the first time the series seems incomplete and makes you want to read the original LN. On the other hand there is an important difference between novel and anime that cause the flow of main plot to differ and I don't think reading LN can solve it. (not to mention LN 8 just release 2 days ago apparently it was changed to 2 volumes instead just 1 final volume to wrap everything up.)

Not only that in 10.5 special, it was mentioned that Anime and LN will take different routes to reach same ending, if that's true, than the past two episode will most likely be as-is and it's too bad because if there are 26 episodes (maxium length for 2-cours series) instead of 24 and lengthen this last arc maybe it won't fell this out of place and rushed as these last 2 episodes felt right now and I doubt the finale can change much about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekHuntress View Post
Wow. That was a good rant. It felt a bit rushed to me. I did enjoy the showdown between Albert and Cordelia. That was nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonkevy666 View Post
me = stunned @_@!
it did seems out of place honestly.

I completely agrees.

While I can accept the whole WW2 started in 1924 thing, (after all Sauville is not a real country and this is still a more of a imaginary world/history than anything) there are just too many holes and rushed details.
Old 2011-06-25, 00:06   Link #1876
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's not clear to me whether Kujo has been stashed in Saubere's army, or deported to Japan. The food certainly favors the latter - but that uniform didn't look like any Japanese army uniform I remember (it actually looks more like a Chinese Nationalist army uniform than anything). And did Japan conscript 15 year-olds, even in the 20's?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 00:10   Link #1877
Undertaker

If this is any consolation, I almost thought he was in concentration camp if not for the guns and superior officers....

Just another reason why I post what I did above...
Old 2011-06-25, 03:35   Link #1878
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

NICE!!!!
EPIC!!!!
I only can say that.... So Coco arc and Beelzebub arc are connected each other and also part of Albert's plan

Albert is very similar with an ultra-nationalist person and a occult-dictator
I truly enjoy the final showdown between Victorique's parents although it's kind of sad since Cordelia never got chance to talk with Victorique anymore
I also love how Kujo is grow stronger in his military life (thanks God that he isn't going to Japan since it will be impossible for him to meet Victorique again)

I am curious about the finale episode.... please let it be a happy ending (maybe a time skip will be happen here)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 03:42   Link #1879
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

While I agree this episode was rushed -very rushed-, I can't say I was too bothered by the change of style/genre, since I never thought the murder cases were very good in the first place. The only case that was solid from beginning to end was Leviathan's. The Coco rose case was very promising and started out strongly, but unfortunately, its conclusion was extremely disappointing. The strength of the series is Victorique and Kujo's relationship, and to a lesser extent, Cordelia's love for her daughter, which I've always found very moving. As I had feared after seeing episode 17, Cordelia never got to tell her daughter face to face how much she loved her. I was looking forward to their reunion so much, and now it'll never happen...

I cheered when Victorique revealed the Marquis' treacherous ways to the audience, and was slighty disappointed she was revealed to actually be Cordelia in disguise. This speech would have had more impact if it had been Vickie speaking, I was really hoping we'd see her openly stand up to her father before the end of the series.

Cordelia's fight against Albert was pretty awesome. I had almost forgotten this series was animated by BONES. Cordelia's fighting skills surprised me, did she train with master Yoda or something? I swear their fighting style is the same
Such a shame Cordelia and Brian had to die. They were among my favorite characters of the series, after Victorique. Curse, old ninja ladies!

Looking forward to seeing Grevil save his sister from Brian 2 next week. I hope he won't also die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's not clear to me whether Kujo has been stashed in Saubere's army, or deported to Japan. The food certainly favors the latter - but that uniform didn't look like any Japanese army uniform I remember (it actually looks more like a Chinese Nationalist army uniform than anything). And did Japan conscript 15 year-olds, even in the 20's?
We're watching a show were WWII happended fifteen years too early, I don't think they care about getting the uniforms right. I'm pretty sure Kujo is back in Japan. Another hint that he's in the japanese army: his brothers in arms all have black hair. As we all know, Europeans don't have black hair in this anime.
Old 2011-06-25, 05:42   Link #1880
Zakoo

I stopped breathing it was so ... amazing. The whole episode made me make a face I won't ever make.

So ... wonderful !
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, school life, shounen