AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-12-02, 17:15   Link #5841
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Watching The Raiders win the "who wants Manti Te'o more badly" bowl on teh internets.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 17:19   Link #5842
GDB

Who's Manti Te'o? Is he the projected #2/3/4 pick?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 17:22   Link #5843
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He's an LB from Notre Dame who's generally projected to go somewhere in the top five picks of draft (or maybe slightly lower). With Rolando McClain finally gone, The Raiders have a major hole in the LB corp to fill, and Te'o would be a good person to fill said hole.
Old 2012-12-02, 17:28   Link #5844
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
The "Andrew Luck" of LBs.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 17:28   Link #5845
D2
Go Big Red!

Packers win, Badgers win, rest of the NFC North loses, throw in a 49ers loss for good measure. It's been a good weeke-oh wait, Monte Ball just scored again!
Old 2012-12-02, 17:36   Link #5846
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
The "Andrew Luck" of LBs.
Yeah, more or less. I was originally thinking that the Raiders should use their first round pick somewhere else (Like the secondary or maybe the D-Line), but McClain's hissy fit finally convinced me that we need Te'o the most.

EDIT: Raiders just got an INT.
Old 2012-12-02, 19:19   Link #5847
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I'm no Smith fan, but I did think he got shafted being benched. Looks like karma is a bitch, 'Niners.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 19:29   Link #5848
GDB

It's not really about shafting him. Think about it, he's been in the league for quite a while as it is. Over the course of two seasons under Harbaugh, Smith hasn't really gotten any better than where he began last year. That indicates he's hit his ceiling. Kaepernick is worse than Smith, not by that much, but he's also very much less experienced. His ceiling is likely to be higher as well.
Old 2012-12-02, 19:36   Link #5849
sky black swordman

The 49ers are in store for some QB controversy, after this loss.

And from what I see, the Raiders are going to lose this game. No wait, they did 20 -17. At least they didn't blown out like the last couple of weeks.

I can understand that Mark does not want to be like his dad, but if they continue to lose like this, I think they may fire everybody on that coaching staff including Dennis Allen.
Injuries a side, the coaching staff has not done a very good job coaching this team.

Chiefs won their game against the Carolina Panthers, which IMO is great after the tragedy that occured just yesterday.
I still think the NFL should have postpone it, but oh well.
Old 2012-12-02, 19:56   Link #5850
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
It's not really about shafting him. Think about it, he's been in the league for quite a while as it is. Over the course of two seasons under Harbaugh, Smith hasn't really gotten any better than where he began last year. That indicates he's hit his ceiling. Kaepernick is worse than Smith, not by that much, but he's also very much less experienced. His ceiling is likely to be higher as well.
Actually, I don't Alex's ceiling has been reached yet. And keep in mind, Alex Smith has a notorious reputation for being slow to incorporate new receivers into the game, and he actually was improving compared to last year. (While last year The Niners could barely get a air game at all most times, this year they had something consistently) If he'd hadn't gotten injured back during first Rams game and stay healthy, he probably would've passed last years high total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
And from what I see, the Raiders are going to lose this game. No wait, they did 20 -17. At least they didn't blown out like the last couple of weeks.

I can understand that Mark does not want to be like his dad, but if they continue to lose like this, I think they may fire everybody on that coaching staff including Dennis Allen.
Injuries a side, the coaching staff has not done a very good job coaching this team.
Well, at least there's good prospects in the draft and free agency for patching over some holes this team has.
Old 2012-12-02, 20:37   Link #5851
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Well, at least there's good prospects in the draft and free agency for patching over some holes this team has.
That's true. Anybody you can think of that the Riaders will draft and free agent they may try to pick up?
Old 2012-12-02, 21:48   Link #5852
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
That's true. Anybody you can think of that the Riaders will draft and free agent they may try to pick up?
I've mentioned Manti Te'o, but if we can't get him there's also Damontre Moore (DE), Star Lotulelei (DT), Eric Reid (S). As for Free Agents, I'm partial to Cliff Avril (DE), Glen Dorsey (DT), and Larry Grant (LB).
Old 2012-12-03, 14:14   Link #5853
sky black swordman

^ Hmm, I knew a few ,but the others I will check out.

And it looks like Michael Vick may be out of a job next year ,now that the Eagles have name Foles their starting QB for rest of season.
IMO they should cut their losses and get rid of Michael Vick.
Old 2012-12-03, 15:40   Link #5854
GDB

If they decide to stick with Foles, Vick will obviously be cut/traded (depending on how his contract is structured). I doubt he'll be entirely without work, since I'm sure some needy team will pick him up and hope they can be more productive with him.
Old 2012-12-04, 01:17   Link #5855
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And the NFC East insanity continues! Washington just edges out New YorK Gs. So now the Giants are 7-5, the Redskins are 6-6 and the Cowboys are 6-6. You figure only one spot is being given from that division...the way the Giants have stuttered lately, it is plausible any of those three teams could get that spot...
Old 2012-12-04, 07:39   Link #5856
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I am betting Buffalo ends up with Alex Smith or (less likely) Vick next year. Awkward short-term "solutions" for long-term problems has been their MO for over a decade now.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 09:08   Link #5857
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
And the NFC East insanity continues! Washington just edges out New YorK Gs. So now the Giants are 7-5, the Redskins are 6-6 and the Cowboys are 6-6. You figure only one spot is being given from that division...the way the Giants have stuttered lately, it is plausible any of those three teams could get that spot...
I hope the Giants miss the playoffs as a New England fan. Yes, I'm looking to take the easy way out this year and avoid their post-season theatrics.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 09:13   Link #5858
GDB

What I don't get is how NFL's playoff picture has New England with the bye instead of Baltimore. Both are 9-3, but Baltimore beat New England earlier in the season. Stupid NFL showing its New England bias.
Old 2012-12-04, 09:49   Link #5859
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
What I don't get is how NFL's playoff picture has New England with the bye instead of Baltimore. Both are 9-3, but Baltimore beat New England earlier in the season. Stupid NFL showing its New England bias.
they flipped a coin.

Heads, New England gets the bye
Tails, New England gets the bye

...FUCK!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 11:11   Link #5860
GDB

Tails, flip again. Can't be too obvious in the bias.

Tags
american football, sports