AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-11, 14:15   Link #41
ri0

One hell of a chapter! How Oda arranged those five different story lines and how he, in the same time, put so much movement into one chapter is pure awesomeness. This is gonna be one hell of an arc. A part of the BB Pirates, an Admiral, two crazy Rookies, Joker, CP-0 and a bunch of Gladiators - I guess the Straw Hats need to finally break a sweat or two in the New World

PS: Did anyone besides me think that Robin's Dress is awfully nice
Old 2013-04-11, 14:28   Link #42
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
PS: Did anyone besides me think that Robin's Dress is awfully nice
Robin is always nicely dressed

More so than even Nami but then Nami is barely dressed half the time

And I guess I'll go ahead and say I want mystery invisible person to be next SH
Fact she's got Zoro so surprised, I'm hugely interested in finding out who and what this person is.
Old 2013-04-11, 14:34   Link #43
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
I almost forgot that they were dealing with DonFlamingo as the real threat between all those monsters. Hopefully next chapter will have some Fujitora and Burgess action.

And seems like Akainu respects power more than belief. As long as you can create an abyss out of nowhere, he definitely does not care if you love puppies. Else we would have another freelance tyrant slaying audience just because they cheered for a pirate instead of peacekeeper Fujitora.
I don't know, he's the same guy who was ready to kill his own subordinates for running away on the battlefield. I've no idea how Isshou got the Admiral rank, he must be pretty strong...

Also, the look on that marine's face - jeez, he's like "we have medical teams?!"
Old 2013-04-11, 15:35   Link #44
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
I don't know, he's the same guy who was ready to kill his own subordinates for running away on the battlefield.
Execution is the common punishment for Cowardice before the enemy. Which running away in such a important battle would qualify.
Old 2013-04-11, 17:11   Link #45
marvelB

You know, something else just occurred to me: What if CP0 were in cahoots with Doflamingo? I bring this up because I think it's possible that the guy Dofla was chatting with before the skip could have been a CP0 agent. And we already know that Mingo has certain government connections, do we not.....?
Old 2013-04-11, 17:35   Link #46
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
You know, something else just occurred to me: What if CP0 were in cahoots with Doflamingo? I bring this up because I think it's possible that the guy Dofla was chatting with before the skip could have been a CP0 agent. And we already know that Mingo has certain government connections, do we not.....?
True, that theory is pretty good. I wonder how many members of the CP0 agents consist of. It appears that this arc is going to be a lengthy one, maybe even more than the CP9 arc that was 138 chapters long.
Old 2013-04-11, 19:41   Link #47
adriankhoo153

Bartholomew and Bartholomeo.
Are there any link between them?
Is Balto Romeo under Bartholomew Kuma during their pirates time?
Old 2013-04-12, 01:27   Link #48
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriankhoo153 View Post
Bartholomew and Bartholomeo.
Are there any link between them?
Is Balto Romeo under Bartholomew Kuma during their pirates time?

Bartholomew Roberts, the likely inspiration for Kuma, was a follower of the "Pirate's Code" established by Bartolomeu Portugues.
Bartolomeu Portugues was a Caribbean pirate in the 17th century, and likely to be the inspiration for our new rookie character.
Note that his name also shares inspiration for Ace, whose Mera Mera fruit is the prize of this Colosseum.

I can see a possible parallel here.
Blackbeard, Whitebeard, and Thatch are all based on the real life pirate Edward "Blackbeard" Teach (also known as Thatch). And what did the One Piece version of Blackbeard do? He took the powers of the other two.
And now, we have a "Bartolomeo" entering the stage, gunning for Ace's fruit.

Odd parallel, eh?

Last edited by aohige; 2013-04-13 at 06:37. Reason: name correction
Old 2013-04-12, 22:19   Link #49
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Admiral Fujitora and CP0 were the highlights of this chapter for me. I love seeing the marines employ tactical espionage to apprehend criminals and uncover underground operations. Really shows their expertise as professionals.
Old 2013-04-13, 12:41   Link #50
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I loved loved this chapter and am loving how things are going with this arc. I'm mostly curious how the tournament will go, all these powerful people in it and I'm sure by the end of it people will know who Lucy really is

Sanji's arc, has me curious as well if Oda doesn't make Sanji out to be a fool this time could be good.

Zoro's, I don't know what to sayXD For once, his arc is the one I'm least intrested in.

I'm hoping its one of those CP0 who went on the ship, finally Nami and Chopper would have to fight some pretty strong people.

Law's group, I hope Usopp does some thing other than just freaking out, Law only has three people on his team so maybe.

Over all, yah can't wait to see how things turn out, not to mention we still has Dof to worry about. I wonder whats going to happen with Franky? Dof I'm sure has some thing set up for every one, hes smart like that

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2013-04-13, 19:29   Link #51
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Admiral Fujitora and CP0 were the highlights of this chapter for me. I love seeing the marines employ tactical espionage to apprehend criminals and uncover underground operations. Really shows their expertise as professionals.

You know, that reminds me: Just a few threads back we were even discussing the possibility of marines using these sort of advanced tactics against their enemies. It's actually pretty nice to see this kind of theory being validated. Now here's to hoping that they'll even start using psychological warfare like they did at Marineford!
Old 2013-04-14, 03:09   Link #52
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
I almost forgot that they were dealing with DonFlamingo as the real threat between all those monsters. Hopefully next chapter will have some Fujitora and Burgess action.

And seems like Akainu respects power more than belief. As long as you can create an abyss out of nowhere, he definitely does not care if you love puppies. Else we would have another freelance tyrant slaying audience just because they cheered for a pirate instead of peacekeeper Fujitora.
And I thought all he cared about was Absolute Justice....
Old 2013-04-14, 17:02   Link #53
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
You know, that reminds me: Just a few threads back we were even discussing the possibility of marines using these sort of advanced tactics against their enemies. It's actually pretty nice to see this kind of theory being validated. Now here's to hoping that they'll even start using psychological warfare like they did at Marineford!
I'm thinking that, in general from now on, we're going to be seeing more strategy and tactics on advancements in the New World. It's certainly wiser than just trying to muscle one's way through.

When provoked, Fujitora is as fierce as a tiger (excuse the cheesy pun ). Clearly, he doesn't want any collateral damage, which is why he wants innocent bystanders to be cleared away from the danger zones. After that, he'll send the criminals to hell. At least one noteworthy person is going to get owned by him in this arc just to show he's not to be messed with.
Old 2013-04-14, 23:20   Link #54
james0246

You know, now that Fujitora has been revealed, I kind of want him to fall . We got enough heavy hitters here (Luffy and his crew, Law, the various coliseum participants, and of course Burgess and the entire DoFlamingo crew including the titular kcaptain himself), I could see a win for the pirates. But I doubt Oda would let an Admiral lose so soon, especially since he went to all the trouble of inventing him out of thin air in the last few chapters. More likely Fuji will be just like the gas monster from the last arc, a constant threat that never really does anything too bad, but everyone has to run from it.
Old 2013-04-15, 09:28   Link #55
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
More likely Fuji will be just like the gas monster from the last arc, a constant threat that never really does anything too bad, but everyone has to run from it.
You mean like Kizaru? Again?
Old 2013-04-15, 09:39   Link #56
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
You know, now that Fujitora has been revealed, I kind of want him to fall . We got enough heavy hitters here (Luffy and his crew, Law, the various coliseum participants, and of course Burgess and the entire DoFlamingo crew including the titular kcaptain himself), I could see a win for the pirates. But I doubt Oda would let an Admiral lose so soon, especially since he went to all the trouble of inventing him out of thin air in the last few chapters. More likely Fuji will be just like the gas monster from the last arc, a constant threat that never really does anything too bad, but everyone has to run from it.
Yeah, it would be bad writing to have an admiral fall shortly after they've been introduced. And there's probably no single individual powerful enough to contend with him at Dressrosa. The strawhats will escape from him somehow, but others won't be so lucky. Doflamingo will probably get arrested after he's fully exposed for what he's done.
Old 2013-04-15, 10:03   Link #57
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You mean like Kizaru? Again?
I was referencing the most recent incident, but yes. There's nothing Luffy can do, so Oda uses these super characters as natural disasters that can only be avoided...unless Oda's going to actually have an Admiral fall (which I would be fine with).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Yeah, it would be bad writing to have an admiral fall shortly after they've been introduced. And there's probably no single individual powerful enough to contend with him at Dressrosa. The strawhats will escape from him somehow, but others won't be so lucky. Doflamingo will probably get arrested after he's fully exposed for what he's done.
Honestly, something needs to happen soon. DoFlamingo's fall is big (and he should fall this arc), but if this is really beyond the half-way point of the series, then Oda needs to step up his game. An Admiral or a Yonkou have to fall in the next 100 chapters, and since a Yonkou fell last time (Whitebeard), it's time for an Admiral to lose. Also, Luffy is going to have to learn how to stand on his own again (in many respects, the Lucci fight was the last time Luffy actually fought by himself with just his own powers against a potentially superior foe). I'm not saying Luffy has to take down an Admiral or Yonkou by himself anytime soon (that's way too much), but for the story to progress someone is going to have to do something to all of these supremely powerful characters that Oda seems to just be adding to...

That being said, since this arc is escalating, who else thinks a Revolutionist or possibly even Kaidou himself might pop up as well for the eventual free-for-all? Lots of people know about what's going down on Dressrosa, so I wouldn't be surprised by any additional faces (especially after Burgess appeared out of the blue).
Old 2013-04-15, 15:14   Link #58
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
That being said, since this arc is escalating, who else thinks a Revolutionist or possibly even Kaidou himself might pop up as well for the eventual free-for-all? Lots of people know about what's going down on Dressrosa, so I wouldn't be surprised by any additional faces (especially after Burgess appeared out of the blue).
Watch Sabo show up .
Old 2013-04-15, 15:40   Link #59
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
I was referencing the most recent incident, but yes. There's nothing Luffy can do, so Oda uses these super characters as natural disasters that can only be avoided...unless Oda's going to actually have an Admiral fall (which I would be fine with).

Honestly, something needs to happen soon. DoFlamingo's fall is big (and he should fall this arc), but if this is really beyond the half-way point of the series, then Oda needs to step up his game. An Admiral or a Yonkou have to fall in the next 100 chapters, and since a Yonkou fell last time (Whitebeard), it's time for an Admiral to lose. Also, Luffy is going to have to learn how to stand on his own again (in many respects, the Lucci fight was the last time Luffy actually fought by himself with just his own powers against a potentially superior foe). I'm not saying Luffy has to take down an Admiral or Yonkou by himself anytime soon (that's way too much), but for the story to progress someone is going to have to do something to all of these supremely powerful characters that Oda seems to just be adding to...

is luffy even strong enough to even fight against an admiral or a yonkou yet? or will he just get beaten up right away?
i doubt oda will do another time skip so the crew and level up again... this means luffy and his crew has the powers to go against the top players in the OP world right now... unless something happens like the Enies Lobby arc where everyone comes up with new moves/techniques again...
Old 2013-04-15, 16:32   Link #60
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

They haven't even gotten into any real trouble in terms of fighting yet. They only scratched the surface of what they can really do. Not saying they're at a yonkou level yet. But if you ask me, then while Luffy will probably not yet easily defeat an Admiral in single combat, they'll probably give him a run for his money. I mean, it can't become Sabaody V2 so short after the timeskip.
Closed Thread