AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-19, 19:19   Link #41
LagunaEclipse

I have a question...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-19, 19:33   Link #42
Busaiku Chama
爆発

2 questions:
Spoiler:

Also, has there been any news of the novel being licensed and translated into English, in any English-Dominant country?
Old 2006-04-19, 20:06   Link #43
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaEclipse
I have a question...
Spoiler:
well...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-19, 20:20   Link #44
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
well...

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Onizuka-GTO's spoiler:

Last edited by Adigard; 2006-04-19 at 20:31.
Old 2006-04-19, 20:34   Link #45
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Yeah. that's the one!

Look at haruhi's face!! kaaaawaaaaaiiii!!

Old 2006-04-19, 20:42   Link #46
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
well...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

This series has 24 episodes right? I'm pretty sure down the line somewhere it's bound to happen
Old 2006-04-19, 20:55   Link #47
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
This series has 24 episodes right? I'm pretty sure down the line somewhere it's bound to happen
As has been stated a few dozen times... It's 13+1(DVD) ep... Although KyoAni has succesfully contiued shows that they've left off before... so there is some hope of a second season somewhere down the road.

Rather we should hope for a wildly succesful Japanese run, followed by a very well recieved DVD release... shortly followed up with a NA license agreement that also includes a novel translation. If we get all that, there's a pretty decent chance they'll do a second season in the next year or two ^^;; If some of that falls through, there's still the chance we'll see a second season in 2-3 years T_T

Last edited by Adigard; 2006-04-20 at 00:26.
Old 2006-04-19, 21:30   Link #48
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard
As has been stated a few dozen times... It's 13+1(DVD) ep...
Nobody said anything about a DVD-only episode (just because the final DVD only contains one episode doesn't mean it going to be a DVD-only episode). As of now, from what we can tell by looking at the planned DVD volumes, the anime will be running for 14 episodes, that's all.
Old 2006-04-19, 21:49   Link #49
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
well...

Spoiler:
Ever known someone that drove you nuts, wrecked your daily life, frequently left you hyperventilating.... but when they were gone, you missed them and felt a great hole in your life? It wasn't even whether they were good or bad.. .but that connection had become very important.
Old 2006-04-19, 21:53   Link #50
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Nobody said anything about a DVD-only episode (just because the final DVD only contains one episode doesn't mean it going to be a DVD-only episode). As of now, from what we can tell by looking at the planned DVD volumes, the anime will be running for 14 episodes, that's all.

bah. sushi-Y the ever pessimist

I hope you are wrong....WRONG!
Old 2006-04-19, 22:27   Link #51
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
'tis a good point, and I'll apologize for my earlier post... Sorry ^^;; Also, in scanning through the forums I wasn't able to find the original post that called out the 14 ep format, so obviously it hasn't been stated "dozens" of times >_>;;

I'm still assuming it's 13 eps and a DVD only ep though T_T

With the number of volumes released already theres a fairly good chance they could run beyond 14 eps... but it seems a little unlikely they'd suddenly extend the show. But nothings impossible with a big enough fanbase (except... the anime companies don't make money off releasing the anime on TV... so... it'd have to be a big fanbase buying merchendise) ^^
Old 2006-04-20, 10:43   Link #52
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard
Spoiler for Onizuka-GTO's spoiler:
Spoiler for what really happened, if you don't wanna know, then wait patiently for my translation of vol 1 chapter 7:

Say, does anyone know when the anime OP and ED single is coming out? I can't get those music off my mind, I must have them in me iPod!!!
Old 2006-04-20, 11:13   Link #53
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Spoiler for what really happened, if you don't wanna know, then wait patiently for my translation of vol 1 chapter 7:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-20, 11:17   Link #54
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

On the subject of DVD release, KyoAni may release Haruhi on Blu-ray as well (I dunno if they announced this officially though). Blu-ray has no region lock and... I want to see this in 1080i! O good god... (AIR on Blu-ray was what suckered me into pre-order PS3)
Old 2006-04-20, 12:05   Link #55
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Blu-ray has no region lock and...
I thought Blu-Ray had region codes... but JP and NA are both in the same region... no?

//EDIT: A quick search on Wiki (It's Wikipedia, YMMV) yielded these Blu-Ray region codes:

1 North America, South America, Japan and East Asia (excluding China)
2 Europe and Africa
3 India, China, Russia, and all other countries.
Old 2006-04-20, 12:11   Link #56
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-20, 12:17   Link #57
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Japan and US to share region encoding on Blu-ray...

yea. Ur right about that. Although that still translate to getting Japanese release without the woes of being in another region.

There is a region 4: Null. That setting seems to be what the initial PS3's will be released at, not sure though.
Old 2006-04-20, 12:52   Link #58
Adigard

Quote:
Although that still translate to getting Japanese release without the woes of being in another region.
It'd be pretty damn awesome to get this show on 1080i (or 780p, which is the resolution some of the RAW's seem to be coming with). Just need to sink some money into a PS3, or a Blu-Ray media player... and then try not to die when you see the price tag of the disks ^^;;
Old 2006-04-20, 13:05   Link #59
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
On the subject of DVD release, KyoAni may release Haruhi on Blu-ray as well (I dunno if they announced this officially though). Blu-ray has no region lock and... I want to see this in 1080i! O good god... (AIR on Blu-ray was what suckered me into pre-order PS3)
Do you think they'd also release Haruhi in HD-DVD format? Although assuming nothing changes with Sharp, the region codes will probably also remain the same...that's why the world needs more Region 0 players
Old 2006-04-20, 13:16   Link #60
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

That's a good question. HD-DVD camp is supported by MS and Sony Blu-ray. KyoAni looks to be siding at Blu-ray camp which would make HD-DVD release unplausable.

As an aside, according to the Inquirer, it is possible to transmit HDMI using dual link DVI port (which means the video card of 'this' generation with ATi x1k and Nvidia 6k+ series), san audio, using a dongle. There will be content protection issue to worry about (guess what, HD ready and protection scheme matters) ... from what've I know so far anything we can buy today will not pass the certification.

However, a good news is that rumor has it all initial products available for HD (blu-ray of HD-DVD) will not strictly enforce protection but that won't last...

This translates into whatever we use to watch HD media useless by perhaps 2k7~2k8.
Closed Thread