AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-17, 22:55   Link #1
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

absolute boyfriend / Zettai Kareshi

havnt seen too much info on this and that is a bit strange since this comic is pretty good. maybe its a little too shojo for most people

anyway, if u liked arina tanemura's stuff u will probably like this show too.

its another love triangle with a bit of a strange circumstance.
Old 2006-04-17, 23:43   Link #2
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Well, I've never looked for it in the Japanese version, but I thought the first volume Viz released was amusing.
Old 2006-04-18, 12:57   Link #3
Aoi_chan
☆ガ♂ル☆

I've read a few chapters that were featured in Shoujo Beat, it's a pretty good humerous manga. The first volume came out early this year sometime, I've been looking for it around here but haven't had much luck finding it.
Old 2006-04-20, 08:56   Link #4
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Ha, Watase cannot even dream of coming close to Arinacchi's genius in telling stories or talent (Arina is a MUCH better artist) but I did like this series at first...it kinda went downhill and became very stereotypical just like her other stuff. Apparently she cannot write a manga without trying to rape her heroine EVERY SINGLE F***-ING TIME and that's just sad.
Old 2006-04-20, 09:59   Link #5
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Umm, could that be spoiler-tagged? I didn't know about it and just kind of innocently wandered in to find out. Obviously I'm not talking about the Arina part, but the other part which I'm assuming must happen at some point down the road.

EDIT: I'd still have considered it a spoiler, but I guess relatively it doesn't matter. I didn't know that the series had already been scanlated, so it's not like it's a spoiler for most people.

There really needs to be an unlicensed manga section and a licensed manga section, that way I know when I should be concerned about spoilers and when I don't need to worry about it.

Last edited by rooboy; 2006-04-20 at 13:22.
Old 2006-04-20, 13:06   Link #6
AnimeFangirl

If you've ever read any Yuu Watase series, that won't be a spoiler at all. :->
Old 2006-04-20, 21:14   Link #7
fynefilo

Send a message via MSN to fynefilo
I finally finished reading Zettai Kareshi; I stopped when it was licensed because I planned on buying Viz's releases...But now that I've read the ending, I shall no longer buy it >_> It was a little, just a little touching, but it wasn't anything different from Watase Yuu (can't speak for the Fushigi Yuugi series as I haven't read them). I do enjoy Watase's works, though I have to be in the right mood for it.

I like Tanemura Arina's plots better as they are much more touching than Watase Yuu's. But I prefer Watase's bishounens xD
Old 2006-04-21, 09:24   Link #8
Chiibi

You prefer her bishounen over Takuto or Chiaki!? WHAAAAAT!?
....bla...blasphemy...
Old 2006-04-24, 17:00   Link #9
Lucy-sama
childlike dreams

I followed along with Zettai Kareshi for a while in Shojo Beat, but my subscrption ran out last month... I'll probably end up buying the graphic novel eventually.
Old 2006-04-29, 05:41   Link #10
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i hate fusshigi yuugi personally....

im a big arina fan, but i like her drawings and the anime voice actings for the show. i didnt particularly find her dialog in the full moon manga attractive, but it could have been a translation problem by viz. all her stories are tragic, but they are all pretty similar too. thats not a bad thing, just easy to pick up on.
now the kamikaze jeanne, i think the manga is far better than the anime. and i wish they finished the cherry tree one also.

if i had to sit down and read all of absolute boyfriend i probably would not like it either. but chapter by chapter its good. there is another show called crimson heroes in the shojo beat, i think its pretty good too.
Old 2006-04-30, 15:09   Link #11
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
i hate fusshigi yuugi personally....

im a big arina fan, but i like her drawings and the anime voice actings for the show. i didnt particularly find her dialog in the full moon manga attractive, but it could have been a translation problem by viz.
Viz's adaptation SUCKS. It sucks sucks sucks. Viz likes to make up shit for no good reason at all and completely change things, remove all Japanese authenticity etc. Fan scans could have done a better job. ME, I could have done a better job!
Old 2006-10-27, 23:00   Link #12
Wing_Goddess
Panda Cookies... mmm~

Send a message via MSN to Wing_Goddess
I'm a little late in replying but oh well ^^; better late than never!

so like... yesterday my friend comes to Japanese class with a manga with a nakkie bishie on the cover. Well... that certainly caught my attention. Luckily, she let me borrow it and i finished reading it last night. i loved it ^^

so today i downloaded some scanalations cause apparently only 2 volumes are out so far in english and that's NOT ENOUGH! i had to read it all now >=) heh heh, anyway i read through 2-6(end) and... i never cried my eyes out so much while reading a manga. Even though some things were kinda predictable, and some parts and characters that were useless... it was still pretty good. The ending was like... good yet... i dunno kinda unexpected over Riiko's choice.

i really enjoyed this manga though and plan to buy it =) i thought it was good.. but then again i think this is the only real love series which i've read from start to end. Kare Kano and Mars takes so long to finish =___=;
Old 2006-10-28, 14:25   Link #13
MamoruUsagi

I really enjoy Watase's series. I loved the Fushigi Yuugi manga, all 18 volumes. Ayashi no Ceres, the manga was good too, but I prefered Fushigi Yugi. Zettai Kareshi was good, but Fushigi Yugi and Ayashi no Ceres were superior to Zettai Kareshi. I like both Watase and Tanemura's series, but I prefer Watase's series because the couples become boyfriend/girlfriend early on in the series, which I like, a lot of the couples hook up by volume 2 and 3, and I prefer that. I liked Tamahome and Taka a lot. He was a great character.
Old 2006-10-28, 16:23   Link #14
Wing_Goddess
Panda Cookies... mmm~

I still haven't read or watched Fushigi Yuugi or Ayashi no Ceres. Which is better manga or anime? o.O
Old 2006-10-28, 16:53   Link #15
MamoruUsagi

Manga! The manga versions of both are way way better than the anime.

Fushigi Yugi is 18 manga volumes. The manga is a lot longer than the anime.

Ayashi no Ceres manga has a lot of things the anime cuts out. After volume five of the manga, the anime takes the storyline and cuts out everything fromn volumes 6 and 7 and almost everything from volumes 8, 9 and 10. The anime cuts out so much.

Read the manga!
Old 2006-10-30, 22:41   Link #16
Wing_Goddess
Panda Cookies... mmm~

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 18?! X___X that's so long. *looks on Ebay*
Old 2007-02-01, 18:29   Link #17
XxRainFallxX
FMA =]

Send a message via MSN to XxRainFallxX
Smile Absolute Boyfriend

hi guys!! has anyone read this manga?? i absolutely love it lol i've only read the first two and im currently waiting for the third in febuary heheh

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-02-02 at 02:43. Reason: Threads merged.
Old 2007-05-31, 21:57   Link #18
Cutiee
Damn kawaiii

Hi everyone)
Do you know whether there's going to be anime based on Zettai Kareshi or not?
Old 2007-08-30, 07:47   Link #19
AbsoluteGirlfriend

Send a message via AIM to AbsoluteGirlfriend
Yuu Watase

Okay... So...

I heard Yuu Watase has six books of Absolute Boyfriend out...

Four of these mangas are in the US.

Does anyone know when America can get the other two??
Old 2007-08-30, 09:09   Link #20
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Is it really that difficult to check some of the online stores to see when the next volume is due for release

Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 5 - February 5th, 2008

Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 6 - May 6th, 2008

I'm sure this info is available on the Viz site as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance, shoujo