Notices

Old 2004-02-04, 22:03   Link #21
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky_khor
mecha vs alien?

no more macross please......
Macross is mostly Mecha vs. Mecha... You're thinking of Evangelion or something...
Old 2004-02-06, 00:40   Link #22
Kaka
罪人クロノ

hmmm........I would say evangelion is way more complex ^^;;;; and there is no alien in evangelion ^^;;;;
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 09:37   Link #23
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka
hmmm........I would say evangelion is way more complex ^^;;;; and there is no alien in evangelion ^^;;;;
Well, it's debatable where the "Angels" came from anyway... But whatever. At least Macross is not a "mecha vs. monster" show that the term "mecha vs. aliens" comes across as.
Old 2004-02-07, 01:56   Link #24
a_ndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Well, it's debatable where the "Angels" came from anyway... But whatever. At least Macross is not a "mecha vs. monster" show that the term "mecha vs. aliens" comes across as.
Wouldn't the Protodevilin in Macross 7 qualify it as a "mecha vs monster" show? They were pretty large, inhuman looking, and superpowered.
a_ndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 08:44   Link #25
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ndy
Wouldn't the Protodevilin in Macross 7 qualify it as a "mecha vs monster" show? They were pretty large, inhuman looking, and superpowered.
Yeah, they do. But then again most of that show is still mecha vs. mecha... The awaken Protodevlin only show up in the latter half of the show, and there were still a lot of mecha fights after that. (though I wouldn't say that this show is really mecha vs mecha... More like Mecha singing at a mecha or Mecha singing at a giant floating devil thing)

The same applies to SDF Macross too... In the latter half of the show and in the movie a lot of Ventradi fight without a mecha, so that would have been mecha vs giants, but still, that really wasn't the focus of the show (note how I originally said that "Macross is *mostly* mecha vs mecha")
Old 2004-02-08, 07:02   Link #26
Infernal_Halo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Like we said, Cagalli also had that effect and she's NOT a Coordinator. So no that's not true.
Maybe i'm a little off but since she is Kira's fraternal twin, wouldn't she be a coordinator too.... just wondering.

Oh and that part where someone described a stone hitting the water.... if you look close when ever they have that "epiphany" it looks more like a .... seed... hitting... water... or maybe i had too many beers....

Whatever,
Infernal_Halo - 夢の粉砕機
Infernal_Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 12:31   Link #27
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ndy
Looking back at Gundam Seed, I don't think it was ever explained what exactly it meant to have a "Seed" or be a "Seed" or whatnot. Considering they named the series after it, I thought it'd get a little more firmly laid out.

I know there were a few references to it back at Aube/ORB and Lacus' friend Markio also mentioned it... but I never quite caught on to what it meant. Whatever it was, I kind of got the impression that Kira should have been the only one it applied to... but that doesn't seem to be the case because both Asran and Cagalli do the dealio with the eyes too.

So then... what does Seed mean? And who is it referring to? Any insights?
this is one of the things that bugged me in GS. First this "seed" was something kira supposedly had and it was the key to ending the war, and even when Orb was destroyed, they were like "oh yea sure but we protected the seed". Then later we find out seed is just letting your eyes go blank, and everyone even lucus could do it.

My guess is they didn't know what seed was when they started making the show hoping to come up with something towards the end (which would explain the big fossil) then halfway through the show they turned it into a relationship show and we all know the rest
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 12:36   Link #28
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal_Halo
Maybe i'm a little off but since she is Kira's fraternal twin, wouldn't she be a coordinator too.... just wondering.

Oh and that part where someone described a stone hitting the water.... if you look close when ever they have that "epiphany" it looks more like a .... seed... hitting... water... or maybe i had too many beers....

Whatever,
Infernal_Halo - 夢の粉砕機

Yeah it was a Seed hitting water. There is some debate on whether Cagalli is a coordinator since the viewers found out she was related to Kira. No one has came up with definate answer to contradict the published material. Kira was experimented on while Cagilli wasn't lends credence that she isn't.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 17:53   Link #29
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal_Halo
Umm... Fraternal twins come from two embryos/two eggs. That means that one could be experimented on and the other could be left alone. So it doesn't say anything about Cagalli being a Coordinator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
this is one of the things that bugged me in GS. First this "seed" was something kira supposedly had and it was the key to ending the war, and even when Orb was destroyed, they were like "oh yea sure but we protected the seed". Then later we find out seed is just letting your eyes go blank, and everyone even lucus could do it.
If I remember correctly, Markio-doushi mentioned that Kira was able to survive Ep 30 because of SEED, and Erica Simmons mentioned that SEED allowed him to berserk. No one ever mentioned how SEED is able to end the war and how they protected the "SEED" (why the heck would Kira need protection????)... No one ever said that this ability was limited to Kira either, otherwise no one would know about it, now would they? SEED, unlike Newtypism, isn't some kind of legend after all.

Quote:
My guess is they didn't know what seed was when they started making the show hoping to come up with something towards the end (which would explain the big fossil) then halfway through the show they turned it into a relationship show and we all know the rest
Actually, no. The director himself said that the whale thing was never meant to be explored, and was just there to "serve as a basis of the story" and for people to discuss.

Last edited by brightman; 2004-02-08 at 18:09.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 21:59   Link #30
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Talking

Gundam Seed? Probably what Kira spews out when he is alone with the s*** Flay...
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 00:44   Link #31
AnimeFangirl

Hehehehe...I won't pretend I never thought of that.
Old 2006-12-08, 09:41   Link #32
iamthelordyourgod

you guys are grose. SEED meaning (SPLURT!!!).
uuughhh...................

well if it makes it any better for the dude who posted "what SEED meant"
it probably be some sort of blood vessel(like adrenaline) that gives the person super human abilities
iamthelordyourgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 00:04   Link #33
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
I can't remember to clearly, but I'm very certain I've read that the term SEED was meant to mean a new beginning. SEED was a loose remake of the original Gundam, and SEED was meant to mean the beginning of a new Gundam for a new generation, or something to that extent. Due to the fact that both SEED and S. Destiny have a lot in common with both 0079 and Zeta (Destiny, especially) you could say it was that SEED is the seed for a whole new saga of Gundam series' to come.

Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 22:52   Link #34
Quin Saya

Meaning of SEED

the Meaning of SEED is "Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor" (taken from Wiki hehe) ...altho i don`t really know what that means fully...
Quin Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 08:04   Link #35
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor is what SEED means.

Basically it means the next step of human evolution, and people who have SEED achieved it at a faster rate compared to others. At least, that is what I like to believe.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 02:49   Link #36
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel View Post
Aliens in Gundam? Never!

I'm taking your jest too seriously, aren't I?
Hi from 2010
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 03:28   Link #37
fizzmaister
The Tall One

I've wanted to do that so many times to the first couple dozen pages of the 00 news and spoilers page. But 2004, that's a good catch.
Old 2010-10-13, 08:58   Link #38
BurningChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel View Post
Aliens in Gundam? Never!

I'm taking your jest too seriously, aren't I?
Hello from 2010, Where aliens in Gundam has just arrived.
BurningChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 01:47   Link #39
emukidz

In my country Seed is something that very HOT HIT, then it become to image of the most famous something. So, Gundam Seed in my opinion is the most famous Gundam
emukidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 02:02   Link #40
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by emukidz View Post
In my country Seed is something that very HOT HIT, then it become to image of the most famous something. So, Gundam Seed in my opinion is the most famous Gundam
And this has to do with the topic of the thread... how?