AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-17, 17:21   Link #1461
Alex Keller
Infornographer

Send a message via AIM to Alex Keller
Naruto, One Piece, Spirited Away, DNAngel.
Worst I've seen, but the frisbee treatment? Harsh :3
Old 2010-10-18, 13:14   Link #1462
DBZAOTA482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Keller View Post
Naruto, One Piece, Spirited Away, DNAngel.
Worst I've seen, but the frisbee treatment? Harsh :3
There are FAR worse than those titles
Old 2010-10-18, 13:18   Link #1463
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Dracula, Prince of Darkness. That is all.
Old 2010-10-19, 20:23   Link #1464
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

School Days, School Days, School Days. The world will be better place without School Days! I'm fine with Naruto though.
Old 2010-10-20, 17:25   Link #1465
legonut3
I BELIEVE IN HERVEY DENT!

would have to go with the Legend of Zelda Anime.
"Well exuuuse me princess!" ARGH

Do you stain you hands with evil to destroy evil, or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to the evil? - Code Geass
Old 2010-10-31, 23:41   Link #1466
Bananawaffles

Tokko, This Ugly Yet Beautiful World, Umineko no Naku Koro Ni and Baton.
Old 2010-11-01, 04:04   Link #1467
Rhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
School Days, School Days, School Days. The world will be better place without School Days! I'm fine with Naruto though.
I'm guessing the ending messed you up for a couple days like it did me?
The first 2-3 episodes were alright...then it slowly died each episode thereafter.

Poor Kotonoha.
Old 2010-11-01, 05:26   Link #1468
Divine witch
Yes,Captain Vocabulary.

Umineko isn't that bad, all It requires is a bit more thinking than in any other regular anime

Naruto is the worst,Mainly beacuse I don't like anime with too many episodes :/
Old 2011-01-08, 15:20   Link #1469
Amutox89
~ the odd one ~

This Ugly Yet Beautiful world... dear god, that was terrible.
Old 2011-01-08, 16:15   Link #1470
InitialGT

akane maniax does not live up to the expectations of kimi ga nozomu eien at all
11eyes had decent animation but other than that it's a video art gallery
Old 2011-01-08, 16:20   Link #1471
ClannadDango
A novice to anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Was that the one where the girl chops off the guy's head?

I have not idea why someone would say Umineko, but if you are a fan of the original Umineko sound novel and think the anime dumbed it down I would agree.

But for me it would be Love Hina and Sailor Moon (though I understand why people would like those shows). I also don't like this one anime where they had girls in like dog or bunny costumes, I don't remember the name and hope to forget about it soon.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-01-09 at 02:25.
Old 2011-01-08, 17:58   Link #1472
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers

I think Mars of Destruction takes the cake on this one. It's worth watching, if only for the sake of hilarity.
Old 2011-01-08, 19:59   Link #1473
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amutox89 View Post
This Ugly Yet Beautiful world... dear god, that was terrible.
Really? I didn't think it was that bad. Didn't like the ending much but the animation and music were nice. And it was neat how the premise set it up to be a harem but it wasn't actually one.

Quote:
Sailor Moon defiantly deserves to be a Frisbee that needs to be thrown over and over and over repeatingly from 2010-2012
No way.....unless you're talking about the dub......then I'd agree with you because they totally ruined everything. >_> The original show itself revolutionized the magical girl genre and without it we wouldn't have shows like CCS, Nanoha, Majika, Shugo Chara etc.

GIVE IT CREDIT! Besides, the original series was good.

Kanokon would be a total Frisbee if Nozomu wasn't so damn funny. But she barely saves that wanna-be-hentai atrocity. lol

Last edited by Chiibi; 2011-01-08 at 20:11.
Old 2011-01-08, 21:14   Link #1474
kitten320

1) Suzumiya Haruhi (series, don't have much complains for movie)
2) TTGL
3) Bleach

Yes, I have named some of the biggest stars.
Old 2011-01-09, 02:10   Link #1475
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
1) Suzumiya Haruhi (series, don't have much complains for movie)
2) TTGL
3) Bleach

Yes, I have named some of the biggest stars.
Why do you dislike Suzumiya Haruhi (at least the melancholy)? I'm not a huge fan of it but I don't really dislike it at all.
Old 2011-01-09, 02:20   Link #1476
NextTac

Suzumiya Haruhi...endless eight totally ruined the series for me. Use to be one of my favorite series, anticipated season 2 so much. Still have to finish it.
Old 2011-01-09, 14:49   Link #1477
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandySyler View Post
Why do you dislike Suzumiya Haruhi (at least the melancholy)? I'm not a huge fan of it but I don't really dislike it at all.
Because series are boring and characters are 2 dimensional and not interesting...

I had written many big posts about it so I won't go into details again.

I had almost fallen asleep several times and humour they used was not funny... also explanations were like quates from encyclopedias what is not that exciting

If Haruhi series were a psycological thriller like the movie, it would do SO much better than as a comedy.

And I seriously can't stand selfish Haruhi. The only characters I care for are Kyon and Asakura... after movie, started to care for Nagato a bit more.
But even they don't get me hyped enough, Asakura is the only exception.
Old 2011-01-09, 15:55   Link #1478
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Railgun
OreImo
Naruto
One Piece
Saki
Ladies VS Bulters
Old 2011-01-09, 21:53   Link #1479
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Location: Hiding here in Closed Space with Haruhi, Konata, Nagi, and Kirino. Reading: Grimoire
Quote:
Because series are boring and characters are 2 dimensional and not interesting...

I had written many big posts about it so I won't go into details again.

I had almost fallen asleep several times and humour they used was not funny... also explanations were like quates from encyclopedias what is not that exciting

If Haruhi series were a psycological thriller like the movie, it would do SO much better than as a comedy.

And I seriously can't stand selfish Haruhi. The only characters I care for are Kyon and Asakura... after movie, started to care for Nagato a bit more.
But even they don't get me hyped enough, Asakura is the only exception.
You have a point, Like some of the fans or viewer are VERY confused about the second season... The series of "Endless Eight" episodes, therefore, are literally portraying the SAME EVENTS over and over again. One episode: phone call, swimming pool, festival, cicada catching, part-time job, stargazing, going to bed without finishing homework. Next episode: phone call, swimming pool, festival, cicada catching, part-time job, stargazing, going to bed without finishing homework. Seven whole episodes so far of the SAME EVENTS.

However, it's not just a lazy rerun of the same material. The producers are actually re-animating and re-dubbing the whole thing, over and over, with subtle differences in details, angles, outfits, etc. Fans can't understand why they're putting so much effort in something that is being received so negatively, and wasting precious episodes of the new season. Some have dropped the show completely. They say it's "EPIC troll." Others say it's pure innovative genius.

Why is it, really? Because Haruhi is crazy. That's what she's famous for. They're doing daring things to stir up the popularity (and hopefully build tension toward what the much-awaited main storyline of Season 2 will be). See? Even you're asking about it and being introduced to it - which means people are talking about it and the hype is working. xD

Since it's called "Endless Eight" and next week's installment will be the eighth, people are expecting the next to finally be the conclusion of the story arc... But of course, that's not a guarantee.

It's undoubtedly aggravating, and yet I for one am still quite entertained and amused by the whole thing. In fact, the annoying repetition kind of has a purpose. In the show, time has repeated a whopping 15,527 times, and Yuki Nagato is the only character who actually REMEMBERS it all consciously. Poor Nagato...

...But I really really like Haruhi 'Cuz I'm a otakin of her.

---------------

I have bunch of Haruhi's bookmark, ballpen, and posters whenever I go to an Anime event..

Nendoroid © Good Smile Company
"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"

Last edited by Garigari-kun; 2011-01-09 at 22:04.
Old 2011-01-09, 22:40   Link #1480
kitten320

I never watched season 2 and the famouse endless 8

My opinion is based only on season 1.

While Suzumiya series have 3 from me, the movie actually gained 8/9. Why? Because characters started to show more than just one emotion and we actually got a decent plot with some decent ideas there. Asakura also was one huge plus.

Sadly real series lack everything that movie had... hack, after watching movie I actually forgot why I hated Suzumiya so much but once I checked some episode moments with her, I immediately remembered why.