AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-12, 18:31   Link #81
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Ionian Fervor sounds really strong in a way if you get ganged by 5 champions.. Of course you would die nonetheless. Equilibrium Strike sounds a bit OP.. Do we know the stun duration? Hiten Style sounds like it could be used very well with all sorts of things that can increase your attack speed.
Old 2010-11-12, 22:21   Link #82
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm hoping people don't think they should rambo because of her passive.
Old 2010-11-12, 22:55   Link #83
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh sorry, it just didn't compute even more as to why you would try to poke against a healer, when they'd heal it all back up by the time you come back and poke them again. That's why Taric/Soraka was such a force to reckon to with back then, because you can't harass them and their team with pokes, and they'd just tower defend all day long while they themselves poke you to death. Sona is just Sora/Taric combined lol.

As for assassins targeting Sona... well, if they're going after you instead of the team carry, I'd say your team is getting the better end of that deal. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 01:34   Link #84
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I just find it's effective tactic at least in 80% of my matches against Sona. Beside, I prefer Taric/Janna in my team more than Sona any day. The only good thing about Sona is even bad player can be good with her, and that's why people prefer Sona more than other support, because the chance of getting good Taric/Janna is way lower than having a decent Sona on your team.

Oh well, theory crafting won't bring us anywhere. I just gathered everything from my experience, and that's all I know. Maybe I haven't met a really good Sona, or a good team that can protect both Sona and carry at the same time. I agree that Sona is strong, but saying she is OP is kinda like saying Tristana is OP. She is just good at what she is doing, with lesser margin for error than other support champions.

Btw, my computer went down the 2 days that Leblanc was released, and guess what? Even to this day I haven't even had one match that include her, seriously. Not in my team, or the opponent. Does the hotfix affect her that much?
Old 2010-11-13, 02:20   Link #85
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Btw, my computer went down the 2 days that Leblanc was released, and guess what? Even to this day I haven't even had one match that include her, seriously. Not in my team, or the opponent.
You're lucky, first time I met LeBlanc she was in cahoots with an experienced Vlad, and they were double-laning me...oh, the nightmare!
New girl looks like a female Olaf (ok, not the looks, but the skills!) I guess she'll be very user-friendly.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 02:33   Link #86
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

My very issue with my friends when I'm using Sona is that 90% of the time during clashes, they forget about me getting raped by a carry. They don't appreciate me much when using support types which I am good at. When it comes to burst mages, it's a different story. They prefer me that way.

@Duo Maxwell

Thanks for the add. Maybe next time I'll get to play with you.
Old 2010-11-13, 03:14   Link #87
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Truthfully, unless your tank is Galio/Shen/Rammus, most of the time the support must try to worry about themselves instead of depend on other by positioning. It's really hard to turn back to save our support from assassin, because it will mess up the formation.
At least Janna has several things to save her from getting killed, or Taric is beefy enough to endure the shitstorm. Soraka is just....powerless against assassin. She need a rework on her Starcall. Being a squishy support and need to standing in the middle of team clash makes no sense.
Not sure about Sona. Sometimes when I target her, she just run away, thus making it a 4vs5, or keep on resisting and die, but manage to drag me down with her, and it becomes another 4vs4. After that, it all depends on how well my teammates are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
You're lucky, first time I met LeBlanc she was in cahoots with an experienced Vlad, and they were double-laning me...oh, the nightmare!
From what I heard, she is quite strong early, but become meh in the late-mid/late game. Doesn't that sound a lot like Urgot? I just wonder why she got nerfed so soon.
Old 2010-11-13, 06:40   Link #88
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I just wonder why she got nerfed so soon.
Heard she had an OP combo, haven't really checked her out in depth though. Urgot is a rather medium champ, he dominates early game but goes into support mode later on (but still kicks enough ass to be accounted for), he just doesn't have an area of expertise.
Old 2010-11-13, 21:36   Link #89
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I just wonder why she got nerfed so soon.
Well if you looked at her skills, you could easily think of the strongest, most efficient combo to dominate
Old 2010-11-13, 23:24   Link #90
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well if you looked at her skills, you could easily think of the strongest, most efficient combo to dominate
But she is weak late game, and her dominant early game can't even make up for it. Beside, a slight nerf to her base damage and increase in scaling would be enough, instead they nerf her to the point I couldn't even see once match that include her.
There are more un-fun champions to lane against than her in my opinion.
Old 2010-11-13, 23:41   Link #91
Xacual

I guess I'm odd in that I usually choose the burst champs. At the moment or well last time I played I was using Akali and Veigar. Akali is slightly my favorite though since I really like what she can output with an AP build.

One of my favorite times with her was a losing game because as usual for me, bad teammates not using wards or oracles for an enemy twitch so they kept getting killed and I who had oracles spotted the really fed twitch and basically initiated against him during a team fight before he broke stealth and then as soon as he started trying to attack me I crippled him and killed him. Rest of the game he basically just kept going for me which sadly didn't go as well as that time because of how fed he was but it was a fun moment. Wish I could get good teammates but I have really terrible luck which sadly killed my appreciation with the game, I didn't win a single game above level 10 and I'm level 18 I think? Yeah it's sad. Of course I'll admit I'm not amazing but I'm not as dumb as the people who ran off by themselves into a lane with 3 enemy heroes...

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 00:46   Link #92
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Wish I could get good teammates but I have really terrible luck which sadly killed my appreciation with the game, I didn't win a single game above level 10 and I'm level 18 I think? Yeah it's sad. Of course I'll admit I'm not amazing but I'm not as dumb as the people who ran off by themselves into a lane with 3 enemy heroes...
We should make an Animesuki team for when we want to queue with people who will listen to us.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 04:12   Link #93
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Gotta separate EU/NA About teams though, it's not always a good thing...I got paired up with a swe couple (I think, prolly married) and the woman threw a tantrum at everything I did (was playing Urgot). For example, enemy Annie and Rammus in my range, I kite Annie, fellow Ryze gets clawed to death, I kill Rammus.
"OMG!"
Me:"What?"
"Why didn't you kill Rammus!"
Me:"Was I supposed to focus fire on the TANK?"
"What, you're a tank too"
.....anyways, long story short she pulled out the god ol'surrender paper as early as possible, although we weren't doing that bad. I vote yes to avoid the PMS crisis, but then the other guy votes no, and then comes the fit, "URGOT VOTE YES DAMMIT!". Lesigh...
In the meanwhile they were talking gibberish to me and our teamwork sucked as bad as possible. Next few games were pretty cool though, total strangers only need silence and pings to make a good team xD

EDIT - IGN: Kafxaeus, EU.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-11-14 at 06:06.
Old 2010-11-14, 04:19   Link #94
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

/ignore is one of the best feature for this kind of game, trust me.
I'm not talking much when playing with stranger anyway.

Well, just post your IGN here, then we can add and play with each other.
Old 2010-11-14, 14:40   Link #95
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

IGN: LifesLemons - NA
I'm pretty bad though.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 21:23   Link #96
LostHanyou

As much as I dislike LoL if there's an AS clan being set-up I might just start playing.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 22:28   Link #97
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
IGN: Monoe(Level 22) - NA

Note: Alt Account, Active, trying to get to level 30. Shared Account.

Edit: I will add my main when I see it. It was not I who made the name so don't troll me for STD...

Last edited by Izayoi; 2010-11-15 at 19:05.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 23:59   Link #98
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

IGN: DSveno (lv 30) - NA

and Duolis (lv 1), I created this one just to play with my cousin, but, well, due to some circumstance it becomes abandoned .
Old 2010-11-15, 00:44   Link #99
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

MarcusH (NA) - just starting.

I'm currently downloading the client for LoL and will be willing to learn from you guys. I got like 1 hour and 20 minutes until the download finishes.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 01:00   Link #100
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Sona is the best support character in my opinion. I ban her in ranked game because she's annoying. And I ban Kogmaw too because he's really a badass carry. So I'm happy to see that she will have a nerf soon.

By the way, my account is PiscesNoAlbafica, I'm on EU server, feel free to add so we can play some games together . I love playing Sivir, she's really funny (but my main is Ashe). Well I always don't really like her range.

I have an US account too that I use sometimes: Suikyo, but I'm only level 16 on it.

See you later!

Tags
league of legends, lol