AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-06-21, 08:51   Link #261
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Just got a new job. Know what that means? MOTHERFUCKING FIGMA TIME. Going on a buying spree and getting all Mikoto and Index figmas and that new Touma figma.
Old 2011-06-21, 09:11   Link #262
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Just got a new job. Know what that means? MOTHERFUCKING FIGMA TIME. Going on a buying spree and getting all Mikoto and Index figmas and that new Touma figma.
You sound... Very motivated This must be something you had planned for a long time right

What do you have in mind to get first?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 09:27   Link #263
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Of course, what else would I spend money on other than precious Biribiri. I'm buying everything at the same time ofc. One mass order. Oh, any news on that Railgun PSP game? It was delayed and I haven't heard anything about a release since.
Old 2011-06-21, 10:05   Link #264
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Of course, what else would I spend money on other than precious Biribiri. I'm buying everything at the same time ofc. One mass order. Oh, any news on that Railgun PSP game? It was delayed and I haven't heard anything about a release since.

I meant, do you have a particular model in mind, or are you going to walk in and say, "EVERY THING IN THE BAG NOW!"

And apparently the Railgun PSP got delayed till August.
Old 2011-06-21, 12:39   Link #265
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

When I say I'm going to buy every Misaka, I mean every single one. Not sure about which Index model I'll buy, I'll just pick w/e prolly.
Old 2011-06-21, 20:01   Link #266
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
When I say I'm going to buy every Misaka, I mean every single one. Not sure about which Index model I'll buy, I'll just pick w/e prolly.
If possible, I would suggest this one:

But I think it's already out of stock or something... There's another one with Index strolling, similar to one from an offical pic... I can't find picture of the figurine, but it looks exactly like this:

Old 2011-06-22, 11:58   Link #267
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I believe you're talking about this one.

And the one you posted isn't out of stock at Amazon, or I don't see anything indicating that it is at least.

Between the two, the one with Index holding Sphinx is definitely the best, so I guess I'm getting that one.
Old 2011-06-22, 16:07   Link #268
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I believe you're talking about this one.

Nono, I swear there's one there's literally a replicate of this image:

I've seen it somewhere in this subforum

...Or maybe I'm going crazy...

Quote:
And the one you posted isn't out of stock at Amazon, or I don't see anything indicating that it is at least.

Between the two, the one with Index holding Sphinx is definitely the best, so I guess I'm getting that one.
Hmmm, funny, every other side I've gone kept saying it's out of stock... Oh well, that's great news that it isn't
Old 2011-06-24, 08:22   Link #269
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

God I love the artist for the Index BDs

I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 08:30   Link #270
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hmmm... Following the pattern, I thought they would do a cover for the Italy Arc... You know something with Itsuwa since Agnese and Orsola were on the vol 2 cover... Oh well, I forsee Vol 7 will be Accelerator and Last Order, and Vol 8 will be Touma/Accelerator/Shiage.
Old 2011-06-24, 08:34   Link #271
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
God I love the artist for the Index BDs

Haimura is the artist for BDs lol. Really wish J.C.Staff would get an animatio director who could adapt Haimura's design more faithfully in the anime. Anyway, best cover so far. So many Biribiris.

EDIT: Just realized...no cover dedicated for volume 11. I was hoping to see the fleet on a BD cover, but oh well.
Old 2011-06-24, 08:39   Link #272
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Haimura is the artist for BDs lol. Really wish J.C.Staff would get an animatio director who could adapt Haimura's design more faithfully in the anime. Anyway, best cover so far. So many Biribiris.

Off topic I know, but I've been wondering- how does this work? Does a company have a set pool of talents to choose from that's on their payroll? Or do they go out and 'recruit' them?

...Erm, did I make sense ?
Old 2011-06-24, 08:50   Link #273
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:

EDIT: Just realized...no cover dedicated for volume 11. I was hoping to see the fleet on a BD cover, but oh well.
1. Why are Haimuras DVD drawings a bit different than the others? You can see the difference with Mikoto here and the Love letter story.

2. To reply to the bold.

They were weren't they? You could see the thing Haimura does with the cheeks where they are round.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 11:49   Link #274
kevin93

Archives 3

Old 2011-06-24, 16:11   Link #275
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin93 View Post
Archives 3

What this archives for? An OST or a drama CD?please reply? and if it a drama CD what are they talking about?
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 17:22   Link #276
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hmmm... Between Archives 3 and Volume 6, July is the month of Misaka it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
What this archives for? An OST or a drama CD?please reply? and if it a drama CD what are they talking about?
It's a Drama CD with character songs, as for what the drama is... Only God and Aleister knows.
Old 2011-06-24, 19:31   Link #277
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Off topic I know, but I've been wondering- how does this work? Does a company have a set pool of talents to choose from that's on their payroll? Or do they go out and 'recruit' them?

...Erm, did I make sense ?
It depends on what studio we're talking about. Studios like ufotable, P.A.Works, Kyoani, and some divisions of Sunrise, BONES, and Production I.G. have their own in-house animators who they shift around to do production work. Studios like J.C.Staff though mostly outsource their work to other studios, which is why some of their stuff comes out looking derp-y. That said, most chief animation directors (which is the position I was referring to) have some kind of history with the studio they're working with on the project they're the animation directors for, even if they aren't full employees of the studio itself. Also, technically, I should have said "I wish J.C.Staff would get an Animation Character Designer..." instead of animation director, but the two positions are often held by the same person; though in Index's case they aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
1. Why are Haimuras DVD drawings a bit different than the others? You can see the difference with Mikoto here and the Love letter story.
? They look pretty much the same in drawing style to me, the color scheme is just a bit different.

Quote:
2. To reply to the bold.

They were weren't they? You could see the thing Haimura does with the cheeks where they are round.
I didn't say Haimura's style was completely lost in the transition to the anime, but you can definitely see the difference. Just look at novel Touma compared to anime Touma, or for more extreme examples, novel Aqua and Shiage to anime Aqua and Shiage. For one, the hairstyles in the anime look too stale in comparison to the novels, where Haimura's drawings really give a sense of movement and flow to the hair. The facial structure on the characters are also more distinct in Haimura's drawings and you can really see the difference in how the characters look from each other, while in the anime that is lost *looks at the picture of Mikoto and Kuroko that was posted*.

Also, Haimura's eyes are much more lively and unique than the anime's generic "anime eyes". And don't get me started on the body structure in the novels compared to the anime.

That said, I'm not bashing the anime designs; in comparison to a lot of other series they're really good, but a lot of Haimura's style is lost in the transition from anime to manga.
Old 2011-06-24, 22:51   Link #278
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
That said, I'm not bashing the anime designs; in comparison to a lot of other series they're really good, but a lot of Haimura's style is lost in the transition from anime to manga.
Its like trying to do Buriki's style on anime. Is a huge feat.

Index TV vs Index BD:

------------------>

:t witch:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 04:47   Link #279
Inept Forum User

Considerable difference.

Just a question - how many audio stories have there been for the To Aru series so far? (I know of at least 6 different ones - though I don't know if some are from the same package)
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 03:18   Link #280
darktruth

Got vol. 5 delivered today and it did come with the Pleasure Disc 2 DVD so I'm happy that I didn't miss out on that.

Spoiler for Index II volume 5 limited edition BD goodies:

Conversation's deep
When you talk to yourself
There's no way to cheat
Cause you know you can't be no one else…
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote