AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2011-08-20, 07:05   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Zero no Tsukaima 4 (Final Season) - generic discussion thread

Zero no Tsukaima will get a fourth and last anime season, starting in October this year somewhere in the near future.

See ANN for further informations.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2011-08-20 at 10:18. Reason: fixed after original news' update
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 08:35   Link #2
iealchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Zero no Tsukaima will get a fourth and last anime season, starting in October this year.

See ANN for further informations.
There's an update notice at the bottom, and it doesn't seem to make much sense. I smell some miscommunication coming
iealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 08:42   Link #3
AP24

I knew they were gonna announce another season soon since the Blu-ray boxes for the previous seasons are coming out. They did the same thing with Shana, which the blu-ray boxes for the previous seasons came out before the final season airs this October. So after they finish with the final season of Shana, Rie Kugimiya and Satoshi Hino will be working together again for the final season of Zero no Tsukaima.

As for the update in the announcement, it means there will be a final season but it's not gonna air this October. Selected episodes from previous seasons will re-air this October. Man, I thought I was gonna see Shana and Louise at the same time.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 08:49   Link #4
Suzuku
(`・⊝・ī)/\(`・⊝・ī)

So it's not airing this october, the rerun is. That makes more sense. My guess is Winter.
Old 2011-08-20, 08:53   Link #5
tsunade666

but isn't shana would be a 2 cour season? and both JC staff.... what should I expect if they do two big hitters in a season. sweating buckets. .....;_;

EDIT:

After reading it I think it won't be winter next year but maybe fall or something because there is still 2 more volumes and the author is focusing in curing his cancer.

I don't want an anime original ending >.>
Old 2011-08-20, 09:22   Link #6
Wigwams

the author can always collaborate with the anime studio.

hopefully we can get a 24 ep season, maybe even 52 if add/edit the old ones (much like haruhi anime). novel is ending, may they stay faithful to the great source material and make lots of people happy.
Old 2011-08-20, 09:30   Link #7
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm guessing it's a Summer show- All the other previous seasons were aired in July.

If it's 2 cour, and I'm not saying it is, then maybe a Spring show.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 13:00   Link #8
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Oh well, atleast the quality for Shana won't be that bad considering that ZnT 4th season won't be airing at the same time. In a way, it's a good news on the updated part.
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 13:04   Link #9
tsunade666

But isn't Bakuman 2nd season will also be aired this fall though I'm not sure. And that's JC staff project too. So you can't really expect a good Shana III.

But it's a good thing they decide a re-run first before the actual thing. Reminds me of index. They do a rerun of Index I before Index II starts.
Old 2011-08-20, 13:31   Link #10
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But isn't Bakuman 2nd season will also be aired this fall though I'm not sure. And that's JC staff project too. So you can't really expect a good Shana III.
It's pretty normal for them to produce three shows per season, so this isn't necessarily an indication of quality. Index Season 1, Toradora, and Aoi Hana all aired under the same circumstances, and (from a technical standpoint) they're among the most impressive J.C.STAFF productions. Ditto for ZnT2, ZnT3, and the new Slayers series, which at least maintained above average production values.

If Bakuman Season 1 is any indication, I wouldn't expect the sequel to be very resource intensive. However, I'm personally wary of

a) tightened budgets in general (doesn't help that sponsorship tends to decrease with sequels)
b) J.C.STAFF's severe schedule issues as of late

Regarding the latter, you can throw as much money as you want at a show, but it doesn't buy you time (i.e. if you have two days to finish a task, it'll inevitably be better than if you have to rush something in two hours because the air date is tomorrow). Schedule management has a huge impact on how a product might turn out, from the art/animation to the quality of scripts and storyboards.

I can only hope that circumstances are better for Fall 2011 and beyond.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 14:03   Link #11
Dr. Casey

What novel did season 3 adapt through, anyway? I hope this final season is two cours, because I'm pretty sure there's enough source material remaining that trying to compress it into 12-13 episodes wouldn't turn out well at all. (Not that the Zero no Tsukaima anime was exactly a faithful adaptation to begin with, but...)

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that this is getting concluded. Since it's been three years since Princess no Rondo (Which I actually quite liked even if most people don't) I'd given up on there being any more of Zero no Tsukaima.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 14:54   Link #12
marconii2002

Season 4 will be in next year http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...lated-for-2012
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 16:53   Link #13
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Heard the news , FINALLY ! I was waiting for it as well as SnS.

Last edited by -Sho-; 2011-08-20 at 18:02.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 17:14   Link #14
Echoes

Oh, neat. I wasn't expecting more Zero no Tsukaima.

The series has certainly went downhill since the first season, but I still like it. I hope it will be a little better than the third, though; that was just fanservice. Regardless, I'll watch it, as I've grown attached to the characters, and the first season still holds enough of a soft-spot in my heart to carry this through.
Old 2011-08-20, 17:40   Link #15
Hyakimaru

I read on the author's twitter that he's going to be heavily involved on this new season, so hopefully itīll be better than the previous seasons.

I hope Itīs at least 24 eps, they have to adapt around 10-11 volumes of material and that's like the minimum amount of episodes they need for that.
Hyakimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 18:08   Link #16
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
This isn't their first dance, Index ran with Toradora, Shana 2 ran with Kimikiss.

Like TJR said, rather than money, time is a more pressing resource...

Quote:
But it's a good thing they decide a re-run first before the actual thing. Reminds me of index. They do a rerun of Index I before Index II starts.
Further more indicating that ZnT 4 would be a summer show- 3 cours starting from Fall.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 23:47   Link #17
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

More Zero no Tsukaima for JC to destroy!
Yattane, Tae-chan!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 09:12   Link #18
myopius

From what I can tell, seasons 1-3 adapted 12 volumes into 37 episodes. Since that was already rushing it, I would be pleased if the remaining 9 volumes were adapted into around 39 or 52 episodes. However, 26 episodes, while even being a bit more strained (37/12 = 3.08, 26/9 = 2.89) does seem more likely.

...If it's 13 episodes, that would involve adapting it twice as fast as before and/or skipping half the material. I have no idea how I'll take it if that's the case. Well, I've enjoyed reading some fan translations of the novels, and will retain hope that they pick up again; unless the studio goes the 39+ episode route, I doubt the anime will be able to match the novels for me.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 11:51   Link #19
Hyakimaru

Question: Does anyone know if there's one series that started with one cour seasons but then had a two cour one? I want to know if there's precedent for it happening.

Because I just can't imagine them adapting 10 volumes in a single cour, thats almost one vol per ep, But with 24 is more manageable, I mean Toradora was 10 vols in 25 eps and that was a pretty good adaptation imo.
Hyakimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 15:33   Link #20
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakimaru View Post
Question: Does anyone know if there's one series that started with one cour seasons but then had a two cour one? I want to know if there's precedent for it happening.
Among the many sequels I've seen, I can only cite two examples, the first being the second season of Aria. Aria the Animation (the first season) had 13 episodes, while Aria the Natural had 26. The second example is the third season of Nanoha, which had 26 episodes as well, the two first seasons had 13 each.

This shows that there is a precedent, but that is is extremely rare from what I've experienced through the years. Sequels tend to either have the same amount of episodes as the original, or fewer. Very rarely does the number rise; but, as Aria and Nanoha shows, it's not completely impossible.