AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-25, 15:15   Link #381
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Does anybody know if having the old PS2 game data from SRW OGs and OG Gaiden on your PS3 give you any bonuses? (like having the OGs data gave you bonuses in OG Gaiden) I'd guess they probably don't since PS2 data uploadiong adaptors haven't been sold in a long time though.

And does Shu's Granzon actualy stick with you this time? I'd like to know before it leaves to become a bad guy again with the cash sunk into upgrading it.
Old 2012-12-25, 21:07   Link #382
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
And does Shu's Granzon actualy stick with you this time? I'd like to know before it leaves to become a bad guy again with the cash sunk into upgrading it.
Yes, he does. Beside in this game, anyone that's going to leave your group will have their upgrade cost refunds anyway, so you don't have to worry about that.
Old 2012-12-26, 15:38   Link #383
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Another question: looking at the mech acquisition timeline on the SRW Wiki, they've now removed the original Huckebein series from the OG series entirely. No more 008, 009, Mark II, or Mark III.

Soooo.......what's the AM Gunner for then? Does it dock with the Ashe/EXexbein? Or has it been demoted to a mere support mecha now?
Old 2012-12-26, 20:28   Link #384
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Soooo.......what's the AM Gunner for then? Does it dock with the Ashe/EXexbein? Or has it been demoted to a mere support mecha now?
It's even worse than a support unit. I'd rather have Excellence Rescue (yeah, that thing is amazing) than AM Gunner. Well, I put Rio and Ryoto in the Grungust anyway .
Old 2012-12-30, 15:40   Link #385
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

I usually give Rio something she can kick ass in, she deserves it.

-=edit=-
I got Forte Gigas yesterday...AND IT"S AWESOME!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQXNWQ4XSw8

Last edited by BassGSnewtype; 2013-01-02 at 17:39.
BassGSnewtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 18:12   Link #386
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

A bit late to this, but yeah the moment Ryoto said that all the Huckebeins were in for maintenance in Masaki's route at the beginning of the game (in fact, even when I saw Ryoto in the Armorlion of all things), I knew Banpresto was going to take the Huckebeins out of the series for good. I just didn't know if it was going to be an off-screen attack on Mao Industries or they were going to get blown up on-screen on the hand-off to our guys. Thankfully they weren't cheap and went with the latter; I would have been seriously irked if something big like that happened off-screen. Though I'm quite a bit irked that they blew up the Huckebeins anyway. ****ing copyright whining jack@$$es that started that whole mess.

I'm not sure why they didn't leave the name Huckebein on the EX-exbein. Nevermind that the name "EX-exbein" sounds dumb, there was nothing wrong with the name Huckebein itself, hence why we still have MP Huckebein Mk IIs. The original Exbein Ash was just a testbed machine for getting data on new parts and equipment so that name made sense, but the EX-exbein is an actual full-blown sucessor to the Huckebein line.
Personally, I just call it the Mk X, as per its codename that Rob pointed out.

I just hope that Ing stays with the cast for the rest of the OG series. He's now the Last Huckebein Pilot. Film copyright pending.
And I also hope that we keep the D and MX pilots and mechs for the next game as well. Katina, Russel, Tasku, Leona, Ryoto, Rio, Yuu, and Carla are all still around despite having no plot relevance anymore, and in more than just being brought back because they needed support mecha pilots like the R crew returning. (who I'm glad are back too, and the Excellence Rescue is actually a nice unit even for combat)

On a side note I like how they indirectly mentioned ACE R and Endless Frontier Exceed.

By the way, there's rumor going around that kill counts are carried over (in fraction) just like credits and pilot points. Is this true? (I haven't finished my first playthrough yet) That would seriously help with the secrets that require kill counts. I've noticed that this game gives crap PP and kills to pilots just joining up or who went on the other route lines. Axel had less than 100 PP when I first got him on the first space route; by that point characters who I'd had since the beginning of the game like Irm had gotten over 300. And all the pilots who went on the earth route had barely gotten anything in either kills or PP when I got them back.

So we have hints of SRW Z and there was never any doubt that 3rd Alpha was going to arrive of course (and in all likelihood will be used for the OG Saga's conclusion), so what other SRWs do we have left? There's K, W, and J as far as I remember, and by the time any announcement for 3rd OG is made there will be UX as well. So who bets on which SRWs are going to be in 3rd OG when it comes in a few years?

And as unlikely as it is, it would be amusing to see Endless Frontier make an appearance; since Axel "magically" got a tonfa sword when he appeared in EF as well as Alfimi's ghost mask thingies becoming small-sized, seeing Harken appear in a big-sized Gespenst Harken wouldn't be impossible. And maybe Kaguya too as a sub-pilot, if just to see Kyousuke and Sanger's reactions to the Sword that Cleaves Evil, Kaguya Nanbu.
Old 2013-01-05, 00:26   Link #387
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
I'm not sure why they didn't leave the name Huckebein on the EX-exbein. Nevermind that the name "EX-exbein" sounds dumb, there was nothing wrong with the name Huckebein itself, hence why we still have MP Huckebein Mk IIs. The original Exbein Ash was just a testbed machine for getting data on new parts and equipment so that name made sense, but the EX-exbein is an actual full-blown sucessor to the Huckebein line.
Personally, I just call it the Mk X, as per its codename that Rob pointed out.
That's because to us, it's dumb. The name is actually something like Egzechbein. I still not trust that copyright shit, though. The Galinagant is pretty much a Huckebein, and did you see Duraxyll?

And those things that you said "magically" appeared, I vaguely remember they are explained in-game.
Old 2013-01-05, 02:17   Link #388
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
And those things that you said "magically" appeared, I vaguely remember they are explained in-game.
Actually they aren't. They just have them.
Old 2013-01-05, 10:27   Link #389
Gundamx

Quote:
seeing Harken appear in a big-sized Gespenst Harken wouldn't be impossible. And maybe Kaguya too as a sub-pilot, if just to see Kyousuke and Sanger's reactions to the Sword that Cleaves Evil, Kaguya Nanbu.
Spoiler for Project X Zone:
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 02:08   Link #390
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
That's because to us, it's dumb. The name is actually something like Egzechbein. I still not trust that copyright shit, though. The Galinagant is pretty much a Huckebein, and did you see Duraxyll?

From what I've heard it was mentioned that they could have rebuilt the huckies but didn't due to lack of resources and all the crap that was going on, so i think they might come back at some point, but I could be wrong.
Old 2013-04-19, 00:06   Link #391
Kirayuki

Not sure if it's true, but I think this is the origin of idea for the naming of Exexbein
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yngvi#The_Ingwaz_rune
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 21:57   Link #392
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Didn't see a Masoukishin thread, and until there are more elaborated detail, I guess I'll borrow this thread for a while.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/07...ita-in-august/

Hopefully they will use the sprite and engine of OGs2nd instead of ROE.
Old 2013-05-07, 22:42   Link #393
Kirayuki

I am actually hoping they can just keep using RoE style while improving the stiff animation, because it would be weird to change into semi-SD style after the direction they have taken with the reboot.

Obviously, they need to improve the animation though because most of units in RoE have pretty stiff animation.
Old 2013-05-08, 13:24   Link #394
Destined_Fate

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/08...-in-a-trailer/

Gameplay stuff.

Seems that there will be two Valsion R's.... Regular and Inspector version.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 17:07   Link #395
Gundamx

Super Robot Wars OE for psp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=199N27_GTIU

Super Robot Wars MK-III for vita and ps3

link site official name for MKIII is...
http://srw-ogs3.suparobo.jp/
(SRW OGS 3 )
Old 2013-05-08, 18:37   Link #396
Destined_Fate

Hate how OE is said to not have a real story and no Original Character/Mecha.

Though it's being made from a far cheaper budget than a mainline game and they are selling this per episode.
Old 2013-05-09, 05:58   Link #397
Gundamx

I have bad feeling about MK-III...
MK-1 second part story already a head of SRW OG story... ( OG1, OG2, OGG and OGs3)

for example if there is few mission in SRW OG that happened same time at MK-I-p2/II/III they will not able to use any of MK character (both ally and enemy)

+

It look like we will have more SRW games for ps3 since they already have the game engine thanks to SRW OGs2
Old 2013-05-09, 12:01   Link #398
Destined_Fate

Of course.

They were still making SRW games for the PS2 after the PS3 launched and it took them til 2nd OGs to make a SRW game on the PS3. Besides their audience will be larger on the PS3 than PS4 and they can just revamp their current engine.
Old 2013-08-28, 08:10   Link #399
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

SRWOG 3D fighting game announced on PS3 as well as downloadable episode for OG2:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/27...this-november/
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 12:41   Link #400
Kirayuki

The trailer for that