AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-06-09, 22:42   Link #7601
Skye629

This has got to be one of the dumbest weapons I have ever seen in Gundam history (Astray Noir)

Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 22:45   Link #7602
monster

I guess it's so you don't need to choose which weapon to hold? It could be a swart way of doing it, if it works as intended.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 22:47   Link #7603
The American Average
2LMES

why is it stupid? its a pistol sword, Crossbone gundams have that. Akatsuki has bayonet feature on its gun that's not stupid.

Not only that this gun is for the Astray Noir which is just like the Strike Noir, they had to make put something interesting on it so its not just a copy and past. Personally its kinda cool, i'll have to wait and see how the Suit will use it but as of now cool something different never hurt anybody.
Old 2013-06-10, 00:55   Link #7604
Skye629

My issue with it is that they practically slapped together the Noir pistols with two Katana blades

They could have done a way better job of integrating them together, or finding a way to make everything still work separately

I also find the lack of a hand gaurd not to my liking at all (and no, the gun part does not serve that purpose)

Bayonets work on guns since they are mounted straight under the gun, as such, they are not offset, nor are they protruding to either side

Not too sure which Crossbone weapon you are referring to, as I am not that familiar with the series, but from what weapons I have seen from the model kits, they all tend to be streamlined weapons (while some have multipurpose, they are not slapped onto each other)

Though I will admit from a plot perspective it probably works, as we have seen the Astray pilots are quite resourceful, making use of whatever they can get their hands on

Last edited by Skye629; 2013-06-10 at 01:07.
Old 2013-06-10, 00:58   Link #7605
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
My issue with it is that they practically slapped together the Noir pistols with two Katana blades

They could have done a way better job of integrating them together, or finding a way to make everything still work separately

I also find the lack of a hand gaurd not to my liking at all
of course its slapped together the entire Astray Noir is slapped together why change that now.
Old 2013-06-10, 01:11   Link #7606
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
of course its slapped together the entire Astray Noir is slapped together why change that now.
I can understand swapping the packs, as the Astray's were the prototypes/predecessors for the whole GAT line and future renditions (they could have done some repainting though, the color offset is awful imo)

I simply do not like weapons which look like you took one, then duct taped it to another (in this case a connector sitting off to the sides)

And I called it stupid as that was my opinion of it
Old 2013-06-10, 02:02   Link #7607
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's just trying to cash in on the Astray Red Frame's popularity, with that bloody sword it has. The usual excuse is still in effect, I imagine--power constraints, so it won't use its beam blade weaponry (making their inclusion kind of pointless). Can't say that it doesn't look stupid as hell, though. If they're fielding the aforementioned excuse, better off turning the Noir Striker's swords into full metal blades rather than beam swords.

But nooo, gotta use a stupid katana/gun gimmick... *sighs*
Old 2013-06-10, 10:27   Link #7608
monster

Quote:
the Astray's were the prototypes/predecessors for the whole GAT line and future renditions
Actually, the original (5?) Astrays were based on the original GAT series.
Old 2013-06-11, 01:39   Link #7609
The American Average
2LMES

Does anyone think this HD remaster of Destiny will go a bit farther and explain on how Mwu survived or at least show it better?

also when are we going to get some really Remaster moments in this HD series any good episode guesses? so far the only big scenes i remember is the Heine introduction and in episode 1 with Gaia killing a suit and the Zaku with gold particles coming out when turned on, which has happened since.
Old 2013-06-11, 01:45   Link #7610
Aquaman OS

They might add some more silent flashbacks but that's it (remember they can't add any new dialogue).

Otherwise I expect alot of the stock footagy battles to get alot of new animation (especially once Freedom shows up), and maybe Destiny Impulse to get added into a battle or two. Maybe a few cameos from Stargazer. Maybe Athrun will have some better fight scenes in Savior.

It depends how far they're willing to go. Any significant changes are them essentially saying "we screwed up back in 2005" so I wouldn't count of any of that.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 02:11   Link #7611
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
They might add some more silent flashbacks but that's it (remember they can't add any new dialogue).
well they did say there would be Re-recorded audio for selected scenes. what that means eh, any ones guess. I would like to see/hear more Dialog so we don't have to deal with more flashbacks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrzkWjy2UPE trailer that says re recorded scenes)

Quote:
Otherwise I expect a lot of the stock footage battles to get a lot of new animation (especially once Freedom shows up), and maybe Destiny Impulse to get added into a battle or two. Maybe a few cameos from Stargazer. Maybe Athrun will have some better fight scenes in Savior.
That was my guess, more Freedom animation. Hopefully we'll get much more Destiny Gundam animations, like Shinn using the Palma Fiocina as a range weapon, I for one hope for some more Akatsuki animations, it like only had handful of different moves most of them were just the Justice and Providence animations lol.

now i doubt we'll be getting Destiny Impulse animations cause how could they put that in without looking really out of place in story i doubt they can give it to Luna. Stargazer would be cool but we really would only get 3 or 4 at the most. Athrun being cool in the Saviour would be nice but doubtful. i don't remember athrun doing anything important in that suit

Quote:
It depends how far they're willing to go. Any significant changes are them essentially saying "we screwed up back in 2005" so I wouldn't count of any of that.
well i remember them always complaining that they had a small budget so i can see them adding stuff. after all if they can change something for the better i doubt they'd count that as "we screwed up" more like they'd see it as correcting it
Old 2013-06-11, 02:23   Link #7612
monster

Quote:
well they did say there would be Re-recorded audio for selected scenes. what that means eh, any ones guess. I would like to see/hear more Dialog so we don't have to deal with more flashbacks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrzkWjy2UPE trailer that says re recorded scenes)
Audio could just mean new/remixed soundtrack, not necessarily dialog.
Old 2013-06-11, 04:08   Link #7613
The American Average
2LMES

well why not dialog? why would they tell us about remixed songs? most of those were in the movie completion or games so its nothing new. A new sound track? hmm could be interesting like a new TM Revolution single, but I don't see how a new song would be cheaper/easier to use than getting new dialog. they are already touching up scenes and whole new animations.

Getting the actors in can't be that hard or expensive they got in Tomokazu Seki, Kotono Mitsuishi and Soichiro Hoshi to go do a new Omake thing for the Blu Ray release of the Destiny HD. (http://en.gundam.info/topics/white_m...l&cat=&bigcat= ) I think only voice actor that would be tough to get in would be Naomi Shindō, she has been Cagalli in some recent games like Gundam Seed: Battle Destiny for vita and SD G Generations Overworld. For Chiaki Morosawa omake i doubt it, but for the main series umm i don't know.... depends
Old 2013-06-11, 04:31   Link #7614
I Fail at Life

In terms of new dialog/audio, no. In terms of new Animated scenes, yes.

In context to what they do in the episodes and what episodes their in... I would say: Freedom/Impulse/Destiny/Strike Freedom, of the most likely to get newly animated scenes.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 12:07   Link #7615
GundamFan1989

Did they ever explain how Prayer and Matias Adukurf were related in VS Astray? Because Prayer wears his coat and has a picture of him and his younger self.

http://images.wikia.com/gundam/image...671254_003.jpg

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-06-11 at 12:50. Reason: Please don't hotlink, upload the image to an image host instead and use a thumbnail.
GundamFan1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 12:27   Link #7616
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan1989 View Post
Did they ever explain how Prayer and Matias Adukurf were related in VS Astray? Because Prayer wears his coat and has a picture of him and his younger self.

http://images.wikia.com/gundam/image...671254_003.jpg
That looks more ike Suzaku than Kira.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-06-11 at 12:51. Reason: Please don't quote huge images...
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 12:42   Link #7617
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan1989 View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
My memory about it is a bit hazy. Probably Matias took care of Prayer when he knew that Prayer is a deteriorating clone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
That looks more ike Suzaku than Kira.
Kira? Where?
Old 2013-06-11, 17:05   Link #7618
Skye629

BTW can someone link me a place to read the Astray mangas translated? I only know the plots loosely and never actually read the materials despite my liking for Astray
Old 2013-06-11, 18:44   Link #7619
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
BTW can someone link me a place to read the Astray mangas translated? I only know the plots loosely and never actually read the materials despite my liking for Astray
I Don't think thats legal..
Just google for sites where you can read manga online.. most of them have Astray.
Old 2013-06-12, 03:00   Link #7620
Aquaman OS

Quote:
now i doubt we'll be getting Destiny Impulse animations cause how could they put that in without looking really out of place in story i doubt they can give it to Luna. Stargazer would be cool but we really would only get 3 or 4 at the most. Athrun being cool in the Saviour would be nice but doubtful. i don't remember athrun doing anything important in that suit
Eh Perfect Strike looked really out of place and thrown in without explaination for only one battle, but they still did it. Destiny Impulse could be used during the Freedom fight (or at least as the first form until Kira damages it and Shinn starts calling for spare parts) and during any of the time Luna uses it really.

As for Savior, well they can at least make it use less of the constant transforming stock footage, maybe have Athrun actually cause some minor damage to Sting instead of just chasing him around.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep