AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 62 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 32.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 48 25.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.08%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-07, 00:22   Link #261
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
Wish they would actually translate the manga. Novels are okay but the whole personality and everything is just missing by reading a novel. Hurry up episode 6
you forget, if it wasn't for the Novel. there would be no Manga, no Anime, no haruhi.

The novel Gave the WHOLE personality, that you love so much.

If this was a religion what you just said is comparable to insulting the Koran, the bible..oh wait. it is a religion.

BURN THE HERETIC OF HARUHIISM!!!!

Old 2006-05-07, 00:40   Link #262
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Most of the time the Novels > Shows. However, this anime has stayed true enough to the novel so that the beautiful artwork puts it a notch above the books in my opinion (but that doesn't stop me from reading the updates every day :P)
Old 2006-05-07, 00:43   Link #263
molitar

Sorry I saw reference about the manga and people calling the manga the novel so I didn't realize that this show was based on an actual true novel.
Old 2006-05-07, 01:06   Link #264
DannyCat
Currently Observing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagato explaining to kyon her true identity
My job is to observe Huruhi Suzumiya, and report all obtained data to the Integration Thought Entity
That is the task I have performed since I was born three years ago.
During the past three years, no uncertain elements appeared.
The situation was extremely stable.
However, recently an irregular factor which cannot go unheeded has appeared near Haruhi Suzumiya.
That would be...
*stare*
...you.
From the prespective of the Data Integration Thought Entity the third planet of this solar system at the edge of the Milky Way held no significant merit.
However, Earth, as it is called by its present inhabitant life forms was home to evolution of bipedal organic life forms whom developed cognitive ability which could be considered intelligence and consequently, this planet grew in significance.
Perhaps, they possessed the potential to break free of the cul-de-sac of autoevolution into which they have fallen.
The emergence of self-awareness among the universe's maldistributed organic life forms was a common phenomenon however, Terrestrial humans were the first instance of evolution to a higher order of intelligence.
The Integration Thought Entity carefully continued through observation.
And three years ago, We observed a data flare unlike any other witnessed on this planet.
An explosion of data erupting from a region of a bow-shaped archipelago instantly shrouded the planet and diffused into outer space.
At its center was Haruhi Suzumiya
Over three years a number of inquiries have been performed examining the existence known as Haruhi Suzumiya from all prespectives...
However, her true identity remains unknown.
Regardless, a sector of the Integration Thought Entity believes that for humanity and futhermore, for us data life forms, Haruhi Suzumiya is the key to our autoevolution and have thus commenced analysis accordingly.
They, as data life forms are unable to directly communicate with organic life forms, for they possess no language.
Humans lack the means to transmit ideas without words.
That is why human purpose interfaces such as myself were created.
The Data Integration Thought Entity is able to come in contact with humans through me.
Haruhi Suzumiya holds hidden potential for autoevolution.
It is likely that she possesses the ability to control data in her surrounding environment as she wishes.
That is why I am here.
Why you are here.
You have been chosen by Haruhi Suzumiya.
Whether or not Haruhi Suzumiya is aware of it her consciousness has an effect on the environment in the form of unconditional data.
There must be a reason why you were chosen.
You and Haruhi Suzumiya hold all potential within your grasp.
A large sector of the Data Integration Thought Entity has recognized that if Haruhi Suzumiya becomes aware of her own value and ability there is the potential for indeterminable risks.
We must observe the situation for now.
Come to think of it, the style this exposition is presented (just reading it, minus all the on-screen text and stuff) looks almost exactly like a Star Control 2-style monologue.
Old 2006-05-07, 04:26   Link #265
mr.muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
My god... Five episodes straight and I'm still itching for more. What kind of stuff are they putting in this show? Hypnotic suggestion? Subliminal messages?

C-can I still be considered a man?!
Quick! Go make yourself a tin foil cap!
Old 2006-05-07, 08:57   Link #266
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Episode 06! Episode 06! Episode 06!
Old 2006-05-07, 10:39   Link #267
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.muffin
Quick! Go make yourself a tin foil cap!
Yes! Do NOT forget the tin-foil hat!
Old 2006-05-07, 11:10   Link #268
molitar

Catgirls, your cat there with the collar and the position of the mouth looks like it has a monkey mouth. LOL! Uh Oh! Is that the affect of Sumiya Haruhi? She's even affecting the pictures themselves!
Old 2006-05-07, 12:04   Link #269
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Catgirls, your cat there with the collar and the position of the mouth looks like it has a monkey mouth. LOL! Uh Oh! Is that the affect of Sumiya Haruhi? She's even affecting the pictures themselves!

look what you done now? Catgirl changed the picture now, just because you made fun of his cat.
Old 2006-05-07, 13:53   Link #270
molitar

<looks around saying 'It wasn't me!'> It was Suzumiya Haruhi! It was her I tell you! She affected the picture! She changed reality to suit her crazy view of the world! It's her she will get us all! <runs from room screaming insanely 'She will get us all!'>
Old 2006-05-07, 13:56   Link #271
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
<looks around saying 'It wasn't me!'> It was Suzumiya Haruhi! It was her I tell you! She affected the picture! She changed reality to suit her crazy view of the world! It's her she will get us all! <runs from room screaming insanely 'She will get us all!'>
You mean she hasn't already gotten us all?

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-05-07, 18:15   Link #272
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
I particularly had hard time in the Yuki scene, since she talked so damn fast that it was difficult to follow how she spelled the word, not to mention the subtitles.
I used this incredible little tool included in my media player: pause.

I was even able to read all that stuff written on the screen about the DITE.
Old 2006-05-07, 18:45   Link #273
Lazarus

sig pic

Xellos, can that sig pic of yours be made into a wallpaper? That is, do you have the original and what size is it? This one gets all warped if I try to make a wp with it [of course].
Old 2006-05-07, 19:41   Link #274
Lazarus

Quote:
Wish they would actually translate the manga. Novels are okay but the whole personality and everything is just missing by reading a novel. Hurry up episode 6
I like manga. I luuuuuv manga. I have walls made of it. But I must disagree. A manga interpretation of an existing novel is just that: an interpretation, one person's interpretation, of everything except the dialogue. And even then the dialogue will probably be "edited" to fit the visual interpretation. A manga-ka is an artist first, writer second [if at all - in novel and post-anime interpretations, the dialogue is often scripted by someone else].

A similar thing happens when a manga is created after an anime is made. Most "inspired by the anime" manga suck big rocks [IMHO][NGE an exception].

Interestingly enough though, the post-anime novels I've read are fairly decent. Compare the trash of the Gundam Seed manga to the novels coming out. Same with RahXephon.

....Sorry for 3 posts in a row. If you look, the second is a half hour after the first, and the third is an hour after the second, and they're 3 separate topics. I didn't realize it happened until I got to the end of the thread. Do they need to be combined?

Last edited by Lazarus; 2006-05-07 at 19:51.
Old 2006-05-07, 19:52   Link #275
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
I like manga. I luuuuuv manga. I have walls made of it. But I must disagree. A manga interpretation of an existing novel is just that: an interpretation, one person's interpretation, of everything except the dialogue. And even then the dialogue will probably be "edited" to fit the visual interpretation. A manga-ka is an artist first, writer second [if at all - in novel and post-anime interpretations, the dialogue is often scripted by someone else]

exactly, unfortunately for Haruhi's manga, they already messed it up the first time, and Haruhiist are definately aware of this, and will be extremely cautious about the new manga series.

Though fanatix Haruhiist extremist will probably still buy them, the general lot will not. So in my opinion the Haruhi manga will be a hit or miss for scanlations, so i won't put your hopes too high for it.

Just stick with the novels, you can't go wrong with that.

Old 2006-05-07, 21:28   Link #276
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Question for people who've already read novel 1:

Spoiler:
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-05-07, 22:40   Link #277
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Question for people who've already read novel 1:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-07, 22:41   Link #278
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
mmm...H-Game?

your gonna be tracked down and killed by the RIAA

They hate BT & MP3

i think its time for you to find a place off campus....
I watch suzumiya off youtube.com :P
Old 2006-05-07, 22:43   Link #279
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
Most of the time the Novels > Shows. However, this anime has stayed true enough to the novel so that the beautiful artwork puts it a notch above the books in my opinion (but that doesn't stop me from reading the updates every day :P)
I'd say novel>show too, but sometimes it's the other way round, so novel=show when I'm not watching either.
I sooooo want to buy a real copy of the novel! Though I'm too poor to afford any.
Old 2006-05-07, 22:45   Link #280
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

The birthmark is another 'plot trap' the author have put in. It will come useful later on when you're trying to write/think about theories of Suzumiya. (don't start doing that till you've read book 7--HUUUGE spoiler:

Spoiler:
Closed Thread