AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-04, 13:32   Link #1121
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Erm...that's archer using broken phantasm.
Archer's true potential is not using bow and arrows, but his reality marble--which allows him to trace any swords by just looking of it, ignoring all process of tracing socery(Apprasial Creating Concepts, Imaging Basic Structure, Copying Construction Materails, Imitating Creating Process, Resonating Experience of Weapon, Reappearance of Time).
(Quoted from Fate/Stay Nigth day 11)

Anyways Archer's close combat style of fighting is just...the way he liked it. In the Unlimited Blade Works Scenerio where Archer was alone against Lancer he STILL fought with those two swords.
There's also a time paradox to Archer's fighting style.
As we all know
Spoiler:

Also, against berserker, Archer's bowmanship can actually kill berserker. Which, is also seen in Unlimited Blade Works Scenerio. (Archer destroyed the whole graveyard along with one of Berserker's life in one hit...scary...)
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 10:03   Link #1122
vin.dictive

To the fellow people that bought the *R2 Fate/stay night DVDs,

Is there any editted or reanimated scenes in any DVD volumes? (especially episode 15... i think. god damn awful animation after the kickass archer vs. berserker fight) I apologize in advance if this question has already been raised elsewhere. This kid needs his sleep.

Edit: Got answered at Beast's Lair. Never mind now.

Last edited by vin.dictive; 2006-09-29 at 09:38.
vin.dictive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 15:20   Link #1123
SCKnight
Mecha Pilot of the South

Question

Is there any word on whether or not that Fate/Stay Night will be coming to the States?

Spoiler:

Last edited by SCKnight; 2006-09-24 at 07:42.
SCKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 07:53   Link #1124
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Spoiler for Fate ending:
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 17:26   Link #1125
Spudawg

Ok, I have a quick question that actually pertains to the one above kinda, Why did Saber die? I'm aware that servants dissapear when the war is over, which i guess she technically did, but not like say, lancer did when he died, disinegrating and all. She just went back to her time. Was it because of all the noble phantasm she used against gilgamesh? and now she has no mana? or when she gave up her sword did that do it? or was she just hurt or what...Do you need to have played the game to understand? Sorry if this has already been asked, but I didnt have time to search 51 pages...thanks

Edit: ooook, after having time to look backa few pages, it seems she dies because she DID give the sword back which allowed her to enter avalon etc etc. Thanks...

Last edited by Spudawg; 2006-09-28 at 17:54.
Spudawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 01:30   Link #1126
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Well, it's simpler than that... she died because unlike the other Servants, she was still alive.

A more detailed explanation.
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 03:14   Link #1127
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@ SCKnight.

... well, yes, being as Fate/stay night was prelicensed by Geneon for the US market (announced in the middle of 2005, if memory serves), I'd say that it has a great potential to be coming to the States. Especially since the release date of Volume 1, as well as Volume 1 + an artbox, has been set for the 19/12/2006.

-Andiyar
Old 2006-10-05, 18:19   Link #1128
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldeayeah
Well, it's simpler than that... she died because unlike the other Servants, she was still alive.

A more detailed explanation.
BEST explanation put up -EVER-
Many thanks to those who exported that picture and translated them--will save many human resources various forum.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 11:13   Link #1129
AKDieseL

Aight chaps I have a question.

After Saber dies I assume she goes to throne of heroes? So since Archer is supposed to be Shirou does that mean after he and Saber finally meet up in the throne of heroes?

Written in white text, cos i cant get the spoiler thing to work. Please highlight
AKDieseL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 15:55   Link #1130
errorrrr

basically... not matter which route you take... Saber is dead for good!? What awaits her in the Throne of Heroes??? Can't she make herself like Gilgamesh??? anyways... is it true that FHA takes place half years after the "Heaven's Feel ending??

Found this on 2chan... not the wallpaper itself interesting, but the text on the bottom...
Spoiler:
errorrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 16:14   Link #1131
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorrrr View Post
basically... not matter which route you take... Saber is dead for good!? What awaits her in the Throne of Heroes??? Can't she make herself like Gilgamesh??? anyways... is it true that FHA takes place half years after the "Heaven's Feel ending??

Found this on 2chan... not the wallpaper itself interesting, but the text on the bottom...
Spoiler:
Gilgamesh only resisted the taint of the Holy Grail because his ego overpowered the evil. Saber isn't as arrogant, so she becomes Dark Saber instead.

F/HA takes place after the Fate ending.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 17:22   Link #1132
errorrrr

I guess the maker of this wallpaper on 2chan is quiet wrong lol... it says "Heaven's Feel" in it.
errorrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 19:55   Link #1133
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorrrr View Post
I guess the maker of this wallpaper on 2chan is quiet wrong lol... it says "Heaven's Feel" in it.
"Heaven's Feel" is the name of the Holy Grail War, not just the name of the third scenario.
Old 2006-10-10, 20:17   Link #1134
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Who cares what event it's after? Rider and Caster are back without any sort of fugly mask, and that, my friends, is simply one word:

WIN.

What's funny is that in an ero game, they had all sorts of pairings besides a Caster x Rider x Saber threesome.
Old 2006-11-05, 14:47   Link #1135
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

I have three questions.

Fate Stay Night for ps2? Is it gonna be in the U.S. in my lifetime?

I only speak English, is there a website where I can find someone or find someplace to teach me Japanese?

If I were to sit down every day for 6 hours trying to learn Japanese, how long will it take me?
shinobiknight0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 14:51   Link #1136
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobiknight0 View Post
Fate Stay Night for ps2? Is it gonna be in the U.S. in my lifetime?
The chances of the PS2 or PC version appearing outside of Japan are very.. very low.
Old 2006-11-06, 15:40   Link #1137
Variations

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobiknight0 View Post
I only speak English, is there a website where I can find someone or find someplace to teach me Japanese?

If I were to sit down every day for 6 hours trying to learn Japanese, how long will it take me?
There are plenty of places to learn, but for the most part, if you need it taught to you (which in all regards is a pretty typical way to learn things), your best bet is in a classroom - peers, textbooks and a syllabus designed to make the material intuitive is usually your best weapon. Without your peers, it's pretty difficult to master any form of communication, since that's pretty well what peers do.

Conversational japanese you could probably pick up in a few months, assuming you're spending about 3 hours a week learning the material and practicing in between. Keep a dictionary handy, since there's almost always some word that's thrown in that muddles you up. Relaxed japanese is really the biggest challenge to get over, but if you hear it enough, it starts to make sense soon enough.
Variations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 15:45   Link #1138
Variations

Almost forgot I had a question. This has been bugging me a bit since back at the beginning of the year when I first saw this, but I imagined I just mucked up the math somewhere.

I guess the whole question itself is a spoiler, hense:

Spoiler for Hercules 12 Labours - Berserker:

Last edited by Variations; 2006-11-06 at 15:57. Reason: Spoiler Editting
Variations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 20:16   Link #1139
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variations View Post
Almost forgot I had a question. This has been bugging me a bit since back at the beginning of the year when I first saw this, but I imagined I just mucked up the math somewhere.

I guess the whole question itself is a spoiler, hense:

Spoiler for Hercules 12 Labours - Berserker:
You're right. It's overkill.
Old 2006-11-25, 20:00   Link #1140
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

What is Nitroplus's involvement with Fate/Zero? Are they doing the art?
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote