AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 34 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 29.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 31.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 10.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-26, 17:25   Link #21
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
He fucked his lord's wife -> lord killed him
To be more precise, he didn't save him. His lord could have easily saved his life, but purposely messed up and watched him die.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 17:28   Link #22
Kaiba

Quote:
So is it Sol marrying for the money or Kayneth?
It's not for money. Both of them are from prestigious magical families, so if they combine, they'll be able to produce future great wizards. Remember Kayneth lecturing about the importance of a strong bloodline to create a strong magus in the first episode.

But despite the arranged marriage, Kayneth does sincerely love Sola, but not vice versa. Which creates problems with Lancer.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 17:31   Link #23
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Anyway, I was somewhat disappointed again by the censoring of Caster's handiwork, this time all impact was lost from the scene
For the full vomit inducing effect buy the DVD's
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 17:35   Link #24
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Anyway, I was somewhat disappointed again by the censoring of Caster's handiwork, this time all impact was lost from the scene
if you are familiar with LN you would have expect the censors. if you are not familiar, then you should realize by now, the majority of the scenes involving caster would not pass censor in any country. Casters intro was as tame as it gets.
Old 2011-11-26, 17:36   Link #25
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Kayenth/Sola/Lancer's bit was really good but I think Rider/Waver's bit was far too much in just half an episode. I'm definitely gonna try and catch up to the LN counterpart as soon as I can since it's obvious they must've cut a lot out. It's probably best that they cencored Caster/Ryounosuke's handiwork though. I just read Ryunosuke's musical instrument bit and that was really disturbing. Great to see Waver finally display a bit of competency though. It was sorely needed.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 18:09   Link #26
Marik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Gotta lead a peaceful life before your life ends.
WTF
Marik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 18:20   Link #27
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Another pretty solid episode. Lancer is looking more manly and awesome by the episode, and it's kind of a shame that he's gotten stuck with quite possibly one of the worst teams in the game. Kayneth was a fool and got ahead of himself and now he's paying the price, but this Sola chick seems less desirable yet. Anybody that betrays their fiance or whatever that easily and would stoop to that just to get his command seals and than physically and emotionally torture him to the point where they make HIM look sympathetic is bad news and it's kind of sad that Lancer seems to be falling for her act cause she reminds him a bit of someone he loved during his own heroic saga. Too bad he got the short end of the stick in getting paired up with total scumbags for masters.

What a contrast Irisviel paints by comparison though. For somebody who is not supposed to be human she is so compassionate, understanding and patient with Kiritsgu as he continues to struggle with his humanity. His team just seems to have no chance of coming apart internally.

Then of course there was the B-Plot with Rider that shows some character growth for Waver as well. He's becoming more of a man by the episode instead of just staying the complete wuss he was at the beginning and I think somebody somewhere is going to pay the price for underestimating him and Rider.

Overall a solid character development episode yet again after that rough bit I had getting into the characters for a while there. Everybody is pretty interesting now though and I'm looking forward to where this is going. Feels like I'm watching a Tomino anime now what with all the complex characters and story lines and dark tone to the show. The whole Caster killing children thing is kind of 30-Bunch level of brutality, the only difference is we actually see the dead corpses in Zeta Gundam and get the full impact whereas now I'm pretty sure current TV laws wouldn't allow for more than what we saw. However the point comes across anyway obviously and it's pretty clear who the heroes and villains of the story are now.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 18:52   Link #28
jonli
JONLIの憂'

The music is really freaking good in this episode, I hope the OST comes out soon.

Anyway, good episode even though I expected more action. I thought we only have 13/14 episodes? We're already at the 8th and it seems like the meat isn't here yet (even though they did a good job establishing the relationships of the other masters this episode). I'm not complaining, I'm simply stating that they're spending good time letting me get attached to these characters, I'm just worried that things will get rushed near the end if they keep this pace up.

For the episode, Lancer is a great tragic hero. He's cursed with good looks (a mole)...must be tough for him to know that all the women he gets are just in love with him because of his beauty spot but not because of being him. If I were him I'd be pretty into Saber since she resisted the curse, and can see Lancer as himself. Sola is such...a fucking bitch, what's sad is that these whores actually exist in real life (and they plague our society like a cancer, male counterparts too). There really is no need for her to deliver the fact that Kayneth is a veggie in such a harsh manner, she could show a little bit of kindness. It's like she enjoys seeing her husband suffer, the type of people who likes to see others fail because they can't succeed themselves. I hope she gets skewered and minced to pieces. Well I guess Kayneth is just going to chill on a bed for the rest of the battle....he's had it rough.

Nice to see good Rider/Waver dynamic. Waver's an annoying kid but he's got a good heart, he got himself into a cruel war without really knowing the deal. He's going to learn a tough lesson and grow up to be a good man ...if he lives. I was a bit worried that they'd portray Rider as all brawn and no brains (he can't be no brains since he's Alexander), it's good to see that although Waver is still more of the brain of the two, Rider is still a bit of a tactician and eager to learn new things.

Things that I'm confused about
1) Why did Sola say her prana is what sustains Lancer? So Kayneth was the master but he let his wife do all the sex mana transfer? What's going on here?
2) I know that Kayneth used one seal out of three, I thought the mark just disappears...why does it look like it smeared off partially? Is this just a new aesthetic that they adopted for FZ or is there something else here?
3) I know Waver saw a bunch of kid corpses, but how bad was it exactly? Did the novel ever describe the scene or are we just left to our imagination?
4) When Kirei had a split flashback of Gilgamesh, was it a hint that he's starting to lose patience with Tokiomi's passive approach to the war? He wants to see bloodshed?
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 18:58   Link #29
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Anyway, good episode even though I expected more action. I thought we only have 13/14 episodes?
The first half is 13 episodes. The series will resume with a second cour in April.
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 19:04   Link #30
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
The music is really freaking good in this episode, I hope the OST comes out soon.

Anyway, good episode even though I expected more action. I thought we only have 13/14 episodes? We're already at the 8th and it seems like the meat isn't here yet (even though they did a good job establishing the relationships of the other masters this episode). I'm not complaining, I'm simply stating that they're spending good time letting me get attached to these characters, I'm just worried that things will get rushed near the end if they keep this pace up.

For the episode, Lancer is a great tragic hero. He's cursed with good looks (a mole)...must be tough for him to know that all the women he gets are just in love with him because of his beauty spot but not because of being him. If I were him I'd be pretty into Saber since she resisted the curse, and can see Lancer as himself. Sola is such...a fucking bitch, what's sad is that these whores actually exist in real life (and they plague our society like a cancer, male counterparts too). There really is no need for her to deliver the fact that Kayneth is a veggie in such a harsh manner, she could show a little bit of kindness. It's like she enjoys seeing her husband suffer, the type of people who likes to see others fail because they can't succeed themselves. I hope she gets skewered and minced to pieces. Well I guess Kayneth is just going to chill on a bed for the rest of the battle....he's had it rough.

Nice to see good Rider/Waver dynamic. Waver's an annoying kid but he's got a good heart, he got himself into a cruel war without really knowing the deal. He's going to learn a tough lesson and grow up to be a good man ...if he lives. I was a bit worried that they'd portray Rider as all brawn and no brains (he can't be no brains since he's Alexander), it's good to see that although Waver is still more of the brain of the two, Rider is still a bit of a tactician and eager to learn new things.

1) Why did Sola say her prana is what sustains Lancer? So Kayneth was the master but he let his wife do all the sex mana transfer? What's going on here?
2) I know that Kayneth used one seal out of three, I thought the mark just disappears...why does it look like it smeared off partially? Is this just a new aesthetic that they adopted for FZ or is there something else here?
3) I know Waver saw a bunch of kid corpses, but how bad was it exactly? Did the novel ever describe the scene or are we just left to our imagination?
4) When Kirei had a split flashback of Gilgamesh, was it a hint that he's starting to lose patience with Tokiomi's passive approach to the war? He wants to see bloodshed?
There's a second season coming in the spring, so don't worry about it.

1. It was explained before that they are a special Master duo, with Sola providing the prana for Lancer so that Kayneth can go all-out with his magic attacks. Providing prana doesn't instantly mean she has sex with Lancer.
2. I think it's an aesthetic thing. I quite like it, actually.
3. The scene from the light novel for comparison (if it's okay):

Spoiler for Fate/zero Light Novel - Act 8 Part 3:
Old 2011-11-26, 19:13   Link #31
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
It's not for money. Both of them are from prestigious magical families, so if they combine, they'll be able to produce future great wizards. Remember Kayneth lecturing about the importance of a strong bloodline to create a strong magus in the first episode.

But despite the arranged marriage, Kayneth does sincerely love Sola, but not vice versa. Which creates problems with Lancer.
Sigh~ Must be loosing my touch. Hard crowd we have here.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 19:13   Link #32
Randomzx

Quote:
No you got it wrong, using sex is the LAST resort of mage for mana transfer, if either aren’t willing for the Servant to feed on humans.
Usually the Master is the one supplying the mana by just living, but Kayneth found a way to have another Mage supply the mana, while he holds the command seals. This allows him to freely use all of his magecraft for battle.

Quote:
One of the command seal is gone, don’t really know what the smear is, but I suspect that the inactive design of the command is partially damage due to last episodes (might be the magic circuit that link to it).

Quote:
3) I know Waver saw a bunch of kid corpses, but how bad was it exactly? Did the novel ever describe the scene or are we just left to our imagination? ?
Lets just say that Uryuu and Caster create ‘artwork’ is reminiscent of works from Silent Hill.

Quote:
No, he was thinking that Gilgamesh have some point that Tokiomi was boring. With Tokiomi still deciding to continue on with his Hikkikomori behavior.

Last edited by Randomzx; 2011-11-26 at 19:29. Reason: typo
Randomzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 19:16   Link #33
Akarin

Oh Lancers....their bad luck is so big it can't be contained in one person, it transfers over to their master. Being Lancer's masters (Kayneth and Bazzet) are suffering in F/SN and F/Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
Another victim to the Love spot... Can't really blame Sola-Ul though, Diarmund's curse is too strong.
Diarmuid's mystic face is just a level C skill, any average magus can easily blocked it. Sola already was smitten with Lancer and willingly allow the charm to affect her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
Assassins are so weak. Can they do anything besides spying and dying?
Assassin, Caster, Rider, and Berserker class are supposed to be weak. It is the families of the beginning's (Tohsaka, Makiri, and Einzbern) plan to win the holy grail war with Saber, Archer, and Lancer class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Sola was pretty desperate to obtain that command seal and a servant.
Guess she has motives of her own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marik View Post
What is Kayneth's wife true desire? I wonder.
She wanted to use command seal to make Lancer love her.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-11-27 at 05:48. Reason: information about SN lancer deleted.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 19:27   Link #34
Marik

Where are these pictures from? Are they from some game?
Old 2011-11-26, 19:28   Link #35
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
F/SN's VN and F/Z's LN
Old 2011-11-26, 19:29   Link #36
Akarin

Quote:
From Fate/Zero's LN and Fate/Stay's VN.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 19:32   Link #37
Randomzx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
Oh Lancers....their bad luck is so big it can't be contained in one person, it transfers over to their master. Being Lancer's masters (Kayneth and Bazzet) are suffering in F/SN and F/Z
Keep in mind F/SN Lancer's stats is abit nerfed from having a certain master and other story related restrictions.
Randomzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 19:40   Link #38
Marik

Can anyone give me link with the novels that are translated into English, please?
Old 2011-11-26, 19:45   Link #39
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Poor Lancer, must be tough to bear that charm magic. As much as he tries to avoid it, looks like fate is not letting him. Sola's obsession is scary Did Kayneth felt that his finger getting bent or did he also lost his sensation?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 19:57   Link #40
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

The only fight scene in the episode and it's done in pitch black darkness. Really?

This anime really hates fighting doesn't it.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote