3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-01, 16:43   Link #41
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

@Seiji he's not as clueless as other mc's at least. He was able to recognize relatively quickly that he was on a date with two girls (even if that wasn't his initial intention).
Old 2014-03-01, 17:11   Link #42
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I suppose compared to the average harem MC he might be. And he could be forgiven for not being aware of Minori's feelings for him. But Akatsuki, who has been by his side for months? I guess I can understand how her appearance might undermine his ability to see her as an adult woman, and her shyness certainly doesn't help matters any.

My daughter thought he was pretty clueless, too. Maybe it just runs in our family.

Henrietta has a robust adult persona except for her strange fixation on Akatsuki which I don't take as sexual in the slightest. He doesn't seem to recognize that she might have feelings for him either, so it's not just appearances that matter.
Old 2014-03-01, 18:15   Link #43
Snuffle
likes cute things

Wow, this episode sure was fun. Seeing Midori in casual clothes was really cute. Speaking of her, it was hard for me to tell before but, she sure has a nice girly figure, it makes me like her even more.
I don't think I've seen Akatsuki near Midori before, their difference in height sure is striking. Makes me realize just how small Akatsuki really is, I thought she would be the same height as Midori.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post

Seriously, a Megane Cafe? And what's more, Krusty is the poster boy? Does he get a commission for this?
OMG I didn't even notice that. I was too busy looking at how fat Shiroe got.
Old 2014-03-01, 18:29   Link #44
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I suppose compared to the average harem MC he might be. And he could be forgiven for not being aware of Minori's feelings for him. But Akatsuki, who has been by his side for months? I guess I can understand how her appearance might undermine his ability to see her as an adult woman, and her shyness certainly doesn't help matters any.

My daughter thought he was pretty clueless, too. Maybe it just runs in our family.

Henrietta has a robust adult persona except for her strange fixation on Akatsuki which I don't take as sexual in the slightest. He doesn't seem to recognize that she might have feelings for him either, so it's not just appearances that matter.
yep indeed in the end shiro is just another cliche dense or fake dense mc(who pretend to be dense or the famous kodaka, because he can't answer the girls feelings because he is too nice to break any girls heart), in this episode was clear for every normal person(the peoples around him) who both minori and akatsuki was fighting over him, well but this is "the otaku way to deal with romance" act like you not aware and let the girls fight for you or act like you are gay or some sort of "girls scared" guy and things like that, this is why i prefer much more animes like, chunibyou, or mikakunin or others "more real/less fetiche" type of shows when come to "romance" in anime.
Old 2014-03-01, 18:50   Link #45
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

Perhaps, Minori, Henrietta and Akatsuki aren't his types and rather than hurt them he pretends to be clueless. Kanami is prob his type from the flashbacks.
Old 2014-03-01, 18:55   Link #46
hsmsful1

Log Horizon Seriously? Romance? Love Triangles? Just what are u doing?
One whole episode for this, and what's with this drama?
I can't stand what you are doing right now. I thought that unlike SAO , you will focus more and more about the game aspects.
You better not mess it up more than this, I mean you better not use the few left episodes for Romance.
Old 2014-03-01, 18:59   Link #47
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Perhaps, Minori, Henrietta and Akatsuki aren't his types and rather than hurt them he pretends to be clueless. Kanami is prob his type from the flashbacks.
that is why he is a common harem or cliche romance mc, wit the moto i dont want hurt the girls feelings" but you know in real life dont talk hurts much more than "talking".

this is my big problem with many animes mcs(specially harem ones) where the perfect way to be the most attractive, loved and wanted man in the world is doing "nothing" or chickening or being dense or being big perve, what happen with "being NORMAL"????(normal in the sense or not doing that obvious fetich/failure things where in real life too much passives guy ending alone not surrounded by girls).
Old 2014-03-01, 19:05   Link #48
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
that is why he is a common harem or cliche romance mc, wit the moto i dont want hurt the girls feelings" but you know in real life dont talk hurts much more than "talking".
But...if he said "Akatsuki, you're not my type." Then she'd get pissed and prob would eventually leave the guild. There goes your level 90. Best to just not say anything and perhaps she'll get the point. Same with Minori, only if she leaves she takes prob 4 people with her.
Old 2014-03-01, 19:25   Link #49
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But...if he said "Akatsuki, you're not my type." Then she'd get pissed and prob would eventually leave the guild. There goes your level 90. Best to just not say anything and perhaps she'll get the point. Same with Minori, only if she leaves she takes prob 4 people with her.
if she really like him and he talk in a proper way, both of then leave is the last thing can happen, because with a asnwer both of then can work on or move out or try to make him like then in a proper way than just "like this way", the way who he is handle atm is the worst way no matter how we look because this means who the only thing who is keep then inside the guild is their crush for him, not because their like the guild or the others peoples what i doubt.

or what you say is who shiro is using "the girls crush" to keep then in the guild???? even with the title of "glasses Villian" i dont believe who this is what he true want or is doing.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2014-03-01 at 19:45.
Old 2014-03-01, 20:18   Link #50
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Shiroe would rather keep things uninvolved by romance because of his current status as the shadow leader of the Round Table Alliance. Losing Akatsuki would cripple his information gathering network and his guild would lose not only a scout but someone who can ambush enemies that come in range. On the other hand, losing Minori would be a blow to his links with the other former members of Hamelin and would cause a bit of guilt because it was him who invited the girl to Log Horizon. In any case, Akatsuki or Minori leaving the guild would be bad rep to the already small guild so he needs to walk on a tightrope to avoid this bad end to happen.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-03-01, 20:20   Link #51
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

or because this is a confusing situation, Shiroe the human thing by stick his head in the sand and hope the problem goes away on its own.

Not smart but realistic.
Old 2014-03-01, 20:24   Link #52
ices
Working Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Before any serious discussion, I'd like to post this first:

Seriously, a Megane Cafe? And what's more, Krusty is the poster boy? Does he get a commission for this?
That's not D.D.D shop/stand, right?! In the earlier scene, there was D.D.D guild busy preparing their shop, and that's not that shop, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Well, he can date Akatsuki since she's a college student. But for Minori, that's a different story.

On the other hand, where's Rudy?
Yes, when miss Isuzu shows up in Minori room, I thought that, "huh... where are your prince Miss Isuzu?". Here I'm hoping miss Isuzu and Rudy going to that cake-shop.

Quote:
but most of the peoples dont know who akatsuki is a 20 years, she dont look like it, she look like minori a 14 year girl she is the classic "fake loli or trap loli.
I think that the right term is True Loli and Legal Loli.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:

As an extra reason, Akatsuki's servant-master roleplaying isn't helping either. When Akatsuki touching Shiroe in this episode, Shirou thought that whether that was a part of the roleplaying.
Old 2014-03-01, 20:30   Link #53
The Green One

Wow people are blowing this way out of proportion.
Old 2014-03-01, 20:31   Link #54
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Shiroe would rather keep things uninvolved by romance because of his current status as the shadow leader of the Round Table Alliance. Losing Akatsuki would cripple his information gathering network and his guild would lose not only a scout but someone who can ambush enemies that come in range. On the other hand, losing Minori would be a blow to his links with the other former members of Hamelin and would cause a bit of guilt because it was him who invited the girl to Log Horizon. In any case, Akatsuki or Minori leaving the guild would be bad rep to the already small guild so he needs to walk on a tightrope to avoid this bad end to happen.
yeah but you are "assuming" who the only reason who their are at the guild is due to the crush and if him reject or just try to talk with them about it, their gonna leave in the first sight, what i doubt specially monori since we also have her brother who like him and both of then are in debt with him for he save them for the hamelin guild leave the guild because he rejected her love but not her friendship gonna look worse for them tham for shiroe, cuz shiroe is not a "bad guy", isuzuru specially is one of the most gratfull toward shiroe since he helped her beloved "dog", this "if i talk with then, them gonna leave" for me based on the circumstances is the worst excuse because in the same way can affect him also can affect them, specially akatsuki since she not a 'children" she is a adult like shiroe and leave because he was sincere and talked with her gonna make her looks like a children.

i'm not talking about a harsh rejection but a just sit and talk as friends or adults or guild members, keep the things as their are is what is worse(who lead to the K-drama or cheap drama because communication is a mysterious and unknow word :P in many japaneses animes/mangas/light Novel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
I think that the right term is True Loli and Legal Loli.
well most of the times i hear who "true loli" are girls of 12 and under years old(underaged girls), not just looking like girls, but also the "legal loli can work
Quote:
As an extra reason, Akatsuki's servant-master roleplaying isn't helping either. When Akatsuki touching Shiroe in this episode, Shirou thought that whether that was a part of the roleplaying.
indeed akatsuki "chu2byou sometimes is a few disturbing and indeed make the things even worse.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2014-03-01 at 20:44.
Old 2014-03-01, 20:32   Link #55
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It is a tricky situation to be sure. Though I'm not sure anyone would definitely leave depending on what Shiroe ends up doing. Though when talking about feelings I suppose anything can happen. Feel like Akatsuki would be able to deal with it in time and really Log Horizon is still a good place for her to be. Doesn't have many fallbacks aside from going solo which I'm not sure would be a hugely appealing thing. Although regardless I can't see her losing out to Minori so may not be a big deal to speculate on her options.

Might get a bit more iffy with Minori if she ends up losing out. Was already pretty emotional just based on the realization of Akatsuki's feelings (though that probably should have been more obvious to her just based on the cake battle happening). Could end up leaving, but could still see that admiration holding her in place. I think at most she'd only really end up taking Toya with her if the worst happened. Rudy and Isuzu have more reasons to be there than just because Minori is. I feel like for friendships sake Minori would stick around and just find a way to adjust in time.

It certainly has the potential to cause some problems, but certainly don't think Shiroe can stick his head in the sand forever. Minori is going to keep pushing and that's going to push Akatsuki out of her more quiet stance.

Yeah, Akatsuki somehow you actually have picked up a middle-school rival congrats .
Old 2014-03-01, 20:37   Link #56
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It is a tricky situation to be sure. Though I'm not sure anyone would definitely leave depending on what Shiroe ends up doing. Though when talking about feelings I suppose anything can happen. Feel like Akatsuki would be able to deal with it in time and really Log Horizon is still a good place for her to be. Doesn't have many fallbacks aside from going solo which I'm not sure would be a hugely appealing thing. Although regardless I can't see her losing out to Minori so may not be a big deal to speculate on her options.

Might get a bit more iffy with Minori if she ends up losing out. Was already pretty emotional just based on the realization of Akatsuki's feelings (though that probably should have been more obvious to her just based on the cake battle happening). Could end up leaving, but could still see that admiration holding her in place. I think at most she'd only really end up taking Toya with her if the worst happened. Rudy and Isuzu have more reasons to be there than just because Minori is. I feel like for friendships sake Minori would stick around and just find a way to adjust in time.

It certainly has the potential to cause some problems, but certainly don't think Shiroe can stick his head in the sand forever. Minori is going to keep pushing and that's going to push Akatsuki out of her more quiet stance.

Yeah, Akatsuki somehow you actually have picked up a middle-school rival congrats .
Just pick Henrietta and problem solve
Old 2014-03-01, 20:46   Link #57
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
yeah but you are "assuming" who the only reason who their are at the guild is due to the crush and if him reject or just try to talk with them about it, their gonna leave in the first sight, what i doubt specially monori since we also have her brother who like him and both of then are in debt with him for he save them for the hamelin guild leave the guild because he rejected her love but not her friendship gonna look worse for them tham for shiroe, cuz shiroe is not a "bad guy", isuzuru specially is one of the most gratfull toward shiroe since he helped her beloved "dog", this "if i talk with then, them gonna leave" for me based on the circumstances is the worst excuse because in the same way can affect him also can affect them, specially akatsuki since she not a 'children" she is a adult like shiroe and leave because he was sincere and talked with her gonna make her looks like a children.
I think that is the case with Minori, and there's just so much that happened between Shiroe and her (training sessions with him, the issue with Hamelin and the resurrection of Rundelhaus Code) that it's not a surprise that she fell for Shiroe.

Quote:
Just pick Henrietta and problem solve
I got no problems with that.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2014-03-01, 21:03   Link #58
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I think that is the case with Minori, and there's just so much that happened between Shiroe and her (training sessions with him, the issue with Hamelin and the resurrection of Rundelhaus Code) that it's not a surprise that she fell for Shiroe.
that the thing, their have too much things for her just leave because of a "rejection" shiroe did a lot of things then if she fell in love for all the things at same time she feel in a great debt or strong trusth and friendship to be "break" so easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

exactly that is the point, "avoiding" the issue never was the solution and even most of the times in anime/mangas/ln, most of the times this just lead to more and more troubles(forced drama) if shiroe want to really dont have any big trouble later this is the best moment to "reject" because her feelings still too new and still in the developmet phase then is more easy to talk and dont have trouble of "leave the guild" than later when she is true deep in love and jealous fight with others girls and bring more trouble where really become more a burden a rejection.
Old 2014-03-01, 22:14   Link #59
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Well, in any case, there's next episode and two episodes after that to settle things once and for all.

Old 2014-03-02, 00:26   Link #60
Kamui04

Quote:
if she really like him and he talk in a proper way, both of then leave is the last thing can happen, because with a asnwer both of then can work on or move out or try to make him like then in a proper way than just "like this way", the way who he is handle atm is the worst way no matter how we look because this means who the only thing who is keep then inside the guild is their crush for him, not because their like the guild or the others peoples what i doubt.

or what you say is who shiro is using "the girls crush" to keep then in the guild???? even with the title of "glasses Villian" i dont believe who this is what he true want or is doing.
And you know sometimes in real life some people without any experience of any romantic relationship are just as clueless, worse when you're suddenly dealing with two girls. Like being thrown into the deep end of the pool and you don't know how to swim. Looking at Shiroe's background being socially reclusive and spending hours playing an MMORPG, I can think of a few instances of my own life that can relate.
Closed Thread