AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-09-12, 18:05   Link #381
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayasa View Post
Oh wow. Seems like the world of musical instruments is hard . O.O I mean , with all those tuning and stuff , the caring. + a teacher huh? Is it possible to learn online? :P

Well , I'll see what happens. I have a major exam coming up and plan to buy an instrument later. . STUDY STUDY!
The hardest part of learning an instrument is keeping with it through the many months of suckage :P A teacher isn't necessary... We see first hand Yui learning without a teacher xD All it takes is dedication and access to information (so yeah, the internet is great for this).

But yeah, study first and play later. I remember waking up at 7 and just playing guitar until dinner; time really flies when you're having fun with it :P (ok... So I've only done that once but blah)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
I need to study and I never do it
Anyhow it's not hard, you just need to approach it the correct way and it will become easy for you with time.

I want Azusa's Fender Mustang and a Les Paul badly, Gah I'm a bass player and I want a guitar, Mio going Ritsu here!
Haha xD I'm a guitarist and K-ON is making me want to play drums so badly!! I don't know where to start though (it's not like guitar when you start with scales/riffs and just keep going up)... I'm just doing rudiments on a practice pad over and over again and dunno where to go D:
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 22:06   Link #382
Kragma

Send a message via ICQ to Kragma Send a message via AIM to Kragma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Of course it is a MIJ. 65 and 69 are two different models. 65 is the only one you can get at the moment, officially, outside the SE Asia territory. The original 69 had matching headstock. I'm pretty sure the MIJ is based on the normal scale model, 24", unless it has 21 frets, which would be the shorter one 22 1/2".
Not "of course", actually, but it's getting down to splitting hairs on what factory it came from; there is a difference between "Made in Japan" and "Crafted in Japan" when it comes to Fenders. It's entirely possible for these to be identical instruments, or very nearly so, but not in the case of the mustang. The MG65 is what's sold in the US, and is marked as CIJ, meaning it came from a factory other than FujiGen, while the MG69 is MIJ meaning it's made at FujiGen. This is all tied up in the weird relationship Fender Japan has with Fender Musical Instruments Company and the fact that the factories that make CIJ fenders also might be making guitars for other brands (and possibly using parts sourced from Cort in Korea).

For what they're charging for the MG65 here, you'd think it were made in the US. It's like $70 cheaper than the US-made strat. A similar situation exists with the geddy lee signature model bass, which is a nice bass, but not nearly as nice as the US-made one. To think there was a time when FujiGen made inexpensive Squiers.

As for smaller the MG69's body is thinner and lighter since it's made of basswood instead of poplar.
Old 2010-09-13, 04:54   Link #383
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragma View Post
Not "of course", actually, but it's getting down to splitting hairs on what factory it came from; there is a difference between "Made in Japan" and "Crafted in Japan" when it comes to Fenders. It's entirely possible for these to be identical instruments, or very nearly so, but not in the case of the mustang. The MG65 is what's sold in the US, and is marked as CIJ, meaning it came from a factory other than FujiGen, while the MG69 is MIJ meaning it's made at FujiGen. This is all tied up in the weird relationship Fender Japan has with Fender Musical Instruments Company and the fact that the factories that make CIJ fenders also might be making guitars for other brands (and possibly using parts sourced from Cort in Korea).

For what they're charging for the MG65 here, you'd think it were made in the US. It's like $70 cheaper than the US-made strat. A similar situation exists with the geddy lee signature model bass, which is a nice bass, but not nearly as nice as the US-made one. To think there was a time when FujiGen made inexpensive Squiers.

As for smaller the MG69's body is thinner and lighter since it's made of basswood instead of poplar.
65 had the slab body and the changed it in 69, and i think they change some of the specs as well. In gerneral the 65 and 69 are different guitars, proabably reason enough to call them either 65 or 69. Pretty sure there was change in the 70s and early 80.
As for MIJ and CIJ labeling today, i just hear rumours, but nothing specific, like cij=build to american specs and mij adapted japanese specs aso, which i won't take seriously unless i hear an semi/official word.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 05:54   Link #384
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
There is no difference between the MIJ and CIJ, I read it long ago when I wanted to buy a Japanese Jazz Bass...
Old 2010-09-24, 13:42   Link #385
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

So I've got my D'addario strings today and decided I'll put the EXL 160 just as Mio used in the series (The EXL 160M is a mistake in the series)

So first of all here are the string sets I got (One for my 5 string Bacchus bass)
Spoiler for The strings - Large Image:

And I've kinda tried to reconstruct the moment from the Anime, I didn't cut my strings yet but just placed it to look-a-like. (Weird proportions in Anime :X)
Spoiler for Comparison - large images:

And here I remove the strings:
Spoiler for Large image - Bass w/o strings:

And the last image is the bass ready to rock after I cleaned it up and set it up
Spoiler for Big bass image :):

I hope you have enjoyed reading my post!
Old 2010-10-02, 14:41   Link #386
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Im looking for a good PreAmp for my Rode RT2A Condenser Vocal Microphone, and i was wondering what kind of Preamp I should get, I went i Amazon.com and they had two types

Microphone Preamp

Recording Preamp

Is there a difference?

Do you think these are good choices? If not do you have any recommendations?

These where under the Recording Preamp Section

Gemini PA7000 Professional Line Preamp and Input Switcher ($79)
Amazon.com: Gemini PA7000 Professional Line Preamp and Input Switcher: Musical Instruments

Behringer Xenyx 802 Premium 8-Input 2-Bus Mixer with Xenyx Mic Preamps and British EQs ($64)
Amazon.com: Behringer Xenyx 802 Premium 8-Input 2-Bus Mixer with Xenyx Mic Preamps and British EQs: Musical Instruments

PreSonus Tubepre Single-Channel Vacuum Tube Mic Pre ($130)
Amazon.com: PreSonus Tubepre Single-Channel Vacuum Tube Mic Pre: Musical Instruments

These Were under Microphone Preamp

PreSonus Tubepre Single-Channel Vacuum Tube Mic Pre ($130)
Amazon.com: PreSonus Tubepre Single-Channel Vacuum Tube Mic Pre: Musical Instruments

ART Tube MP USB Project Series Tube Microphone Preamp With USB ($90)
Amazon.com: ART Tube MP USB Project Series Tube Microphone Preamp With USB: Musical Instruments
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 22:53   Link #387
Rhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
So I've got my D'addario strings today and decided I'll put the EXL 160 just as Mio used in the series (The EXL 160M is a mistake in the series)

I hope you have enjoyed reading my post!
Cool! I like how you compared the real life setup to the anime. What a pro, I wouldn't be able to change my strings if my life depended on it. Lol :P Have fun with your new strings, and nice bass btw.
Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 07:45   Link #388
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm View Post
Cool! I like how you compared the real life setup to the anime. What a pro, I wouldn't be able to change my strings if my life depended on it. Lol :P Have fun with your new strings, and nice bass btw.
Thank you
They are actually better strings then I though, heavier gauge is kind of nice and for some reason it really hits the K-On bass sound.
Old 2010-10-04, 19:04   Link #389
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Wink

K so what do you guys think about my mini beginner recording studio i just ordered my first Preamp for recordin, took me FORever to find a really good sound Preamp

My Preamp
Focusrite ISA One Digital (good price of $500)

Microphone with the pop filter
Rode NT2A Condenser Vocal Microphone (good price of $400)

I can finally record stuff just waiting on the Preamp to come in the mail.

Ill be recording more on my Taylor acoustic, but pretty solid setup

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2010-10-04 at 19:15.
Old 2010-10-05, 11:41   Link #390
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
K so what do you guys think about my mini beginner recording studio i just ordered my first Preamp for recordin, took me FORever to find a really good sound Preamp

My Preamp
Focusrite ISA One Digital (good price of $500)

Microphone with the pop filter
Rode NT2A Condenser Vocal Microphone (good price of $400)

I can finally record stuff just waiting on the Preamp to come in the mail.

Ill be recording more on my Taylor acoustic, but pretty solid setup
Congratulations!!! Hope you'll record good songs.
Old 2010-10-05, 22:01   Link #391
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritsu026 View Post
Congratulations!!! Hope you'll record good songs.
thnks i can finally start once it gets hear in the mail
Hopefully you guys are still hear on the K-on Forums I plan on covering the K-on songs in a acoustic version
Old 2010-10-06, 03:10   Link #392
rockmanxpr

Quote:
thnks i can finally start once it gets hear in the mail
Hopefully you guys are still hear on the K-on Forums I plan on covering the K-on songs in a acoustic version
OK Captn, what are you using for recording? Software? Hardware recording?
rockmanxpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 06:00   Link #393
Recette

For songs in K-ON, is the sound signature of the bass closer to that of a J-bass or P-bass?

I mean, I know Mio uses a Jazz bass, but what does it actually sound like?
Recette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 18:24   Link #394
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
I think you're kind of crazy for spending that much money. But if you have the funds, then you can do anything, right?

I mean, I'm trying to save up enough to do something like this as well. Lack of time creates a lack of motivation to do anything, really. Not to mention I'd like to upgrade my acoustic guitar first. :/

So for someone with a mediocre budget like me....E-MU 0404 USB 2.0 Recording Interface and Shure SM57 dynamic microphone w/stand and cable — about 305$ altogether — is really all I'd need. Minus obtaining software through other means, but always buying if I really like. Also, shhh, I like the combined sound of a soundhole pick-up and microphone.

Anything more would be like....
  • Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Air Headphones - 150$ - possibly, willing to go higher because I'll probably use them outside of recording as well.
  • AKG Perception 220 Condenser Microphone - 200$. The big iffy because I'm not confident enough about my vocals.
  • Blue Quad Microphone Cable - 50$. For condenser microphone.
  • Stedman Proscreen XL - Pop Filter - 70$. See above.
  • Tama MS205 Boom Mic Stand - 60$. And above.
But yes, friend that's more knowledgeable about this stuff has linked me to some helpful places;
General FAQ
Let's figure out the best entry level audio interface!
Both are from the SA forums, but they're pretty helpful. o:

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 19:03   Link #395
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanxpr View Post
OK Captn, what are you using for recording? Software? Hardware recording?
I still need the interface to connect to the laptop, if i get the M-audio interface it comes with Pro-Tools which is really good for recording. Im getting this stuff for future use so i dont have to buy anything else later on.

My too options for the Interface to connect the bridge between my Preamp To Laptop is either

Focusrite Saffire 6 USB (2x4 USB Interface)

or

M-Audio Fast Track: USB Audio Recording Interface

both would be good

recording software

Pro-Tools

FL Studio

Sony Sound Forge
Old 2010-10-07, 04:02   Link #396
rockmanxpr

Quote:
I still need the interface to connect to the laptop, if i get the M-audio interface it comes with Pro-Tools which is really good for recording. Im getting this stuff for future use so i dont have to buy anything else later on.

My too options for the Interface to connect the bridge between my Preamp To Laptop is either

Focusrite Saffire 6 USB (2x4 USB Interface)

or

M-Audio Fast Track: USB Audio Recording Interface

both would be good

recording software

Pro-Tools

FL Studio

Sony Sound Forge
My best advice to give you right now is just buy the M-Audio like a Pro Fire 610 since it has mic pres that you need and is also the interface. Learn to record with those before you buy any external mic pres like the Focusrite you mention.

Or better yet see if you can find a Mbox 1 on ebay, it's already loaded with more than descent Focusrite mic pres, just make sure to get Pro Tools 8. The Focusrite mic pres that are in the Mbox 1 are the main reasons most people prefer them to the Mbox 2...

Here is a song I did about 2 years ago, all the guitars and bass were recorded using an Mbox 1 (which I still have to this day).

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7016468
rockmanxpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 05:18   Link #397
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recette View Post
For songs in K-ON, is the sound signature of the bass closer to that of a J-bass or P-bass?

Jazz

By the way, I played a Gibson Les Paul Standard yesterday, might be one of the newer models but it's an awesome guitar, too bad I'm not that good of a player to play it well and enjoy it.
Old 2010-10-07, 10:18   Link #398
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recette View Post

To me it sounds like a P-J combo, try the Fender Jazz Aerodyne.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 09:53   Link #399
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanxpr View Post
My best advice to give you right now is just buy the M-Audio like a Pro Fire 610 since it has mic pres that you need and is also the interface. Learn to record with those before you buy any external mic pres like the Focusrite you mention.

Or better yet see if you can find a Mbox 1 on ebay, it's already loaded with more than descent Focusrite mic pres, just make sure to get Pro Tools 8. The Focusrite mic pres that are in the Mbox 1 are the main reasons most people prefer them to the Mbox 2...

Here is a song I did about 2 years ago, all the guitars and bass were recorded using an Mbox 1 (which I still have to this day).

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7016468
Thanks for the Advice , I have friends that are all about recording and there pretty advanced about this kinda stuff. I already have the Foucerite Preamp (Mic Pres) and they know how to work it, so they teach me how, but I like your interface suggestions. I herd really good stuff about the Mbox and The Pro-fire 610 looks pretty good.

Oh nice songs by the way
Old 2010-11-11, 21:31   Link #400
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Thumbs up

people you guys need to get Beats By Dr Dre Pros! I just bought a pair at bestbuy and The Album Houkago Tea Time II sounds so good! like perfect, it sound soo different from a normal pair of headphones/earphones. Mio's Bass guitar actually stands alot out now and everything else sounds so clear! add this to your holiday wish list!!