AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 14 26.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 26.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 11.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-19, 01:27   Link #21
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

OMG! You mean the illustrations of Shana in that dress wasn't just for show ?! So it turns out Yuji really has this kind of hobby
Old 2011-11-19, 02:55   Link #22
Marina2

I like Yuji/Snake motivatonal speech at the end. It is very powerful.

Fight! Fight! Fight!
Old 2011-11-19, 04:56   Link #23
Elf song

Who's that yellow haired woman in the preview?
She seems to be fighting Ribesal so may be she's a Flame Haze...
Old 2011-11-19, 04:59   Link #24
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

She's probably the other Flame Haze that Sophie mentioned in the previous episode.
Old 2011-11-19, 05:21   Link #25
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Great episode indeed, J. C. Staff faithfully adapted the novel material. Another long week to wait for yet another exciting episode. Sigh.

Why didn't J. C. Staff include a short scene of Shana wearing the gothic dress as a preview in the last episode? It would have boosted the rating for this episode.

Spoiler for Character Name:

I wonder why Shana is now less apprehensive in extending out her hand, to be grabbed by Yuji. It is because she is just powerless to oppose it and now accepts things as they are?

What is the reason of Khamsin revealing his background story to Kazumi? To show that love can propel anyone to do anything?

Hecate chooses to eliminate Shana not because Hecate is jealous of Yuji's love to Shana. To understand this point, we should disregard Konoe Fumina arc in Season 2, as it is just an anime original material that does not exist in the novel.

I believe that the Flame Haze side is making a mistake for just reinforcing all their resources in defending remaining two headquarters, in Japan and in Switzerland, whereas they should be stopping Bal Masqué from entering the God Gate to retrieve the Snake of the Festival's real body. To do that, the Flame Haze side should send more Flame Hazes to assist Wilhemina in saving Shana and then preventing Bal Masqué's further progress. Well, we cannot expect the Flame Hazes to know everything, right? It is always the case that antagonists are always a few steps ahead of protagonists. What to do? The Flame Hazes definitely have a lot of grounds to catch up in the near future.
what about the tomogara with the 2 heads and with googls you know his name?
Old 2011-11-19, 05:24   Link #26
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
She's probably the other Flame Haze that Sophie mentioned in the previous episode.
I think the other Flame Haze she mentioned is Khamsin (which J.C., again, omitted the scene when they met before he came to Misaki)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
what about the tomogara with the 2 heads and with googls you know his name?
He's Haborym.
Old 2011-11-19, 05:33   Link #27
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
I think the other Flame Haze she mentioned is Khamsin (which J.C., again, omitted the scene when they met before he came to Misaki)
I don't think so. He doesn't seem to have any interest in Wilhelmina, and in fact said that he and Behemoth were leaving. The Flame Haze Sophie sent was to go to Wilhelmina, who is trying to save Shana from the Tomogara... whom female!Gambit in the preview is also fighting against. I'm fairly certain female!Gambit is who Sophie referred to in the letter.

Unless of course you know for a fact due to the novels, at which point I might as well just give up here. :k
Old 2011-11-19, 05:53   Link #28
elior

Quote:

He's Haborym.
what the name of the tommogara with the green hat and with the music tool and the tomoggara who looks like a big bat?
Old 2011-11-19, 06:42   Link #29
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The one that looks like a minstrel is Rofocale, while the big bird-looking creature is Stolas.
EDIT: Elf_song, let me investigate on the Episode 8 preview.

EDIT2: Ah, it's "興趣の描き手" (Probably "Painter of Interest") Mikalojus Cui.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2011-11-19 at 06:59.
Old 2011-11-19, 07:13   Link #30
Elf song

Quote:

EDIT2: Ah, it's "興趣の描き手" (Probably "Painter of Interest") Mikalojus Cui.
No way Micalojus can't be this cu... never mind.

Spoiler for I hope...:
Old 2011-11-19, 07:31   Link #31
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That reminds me, I don't have sufficient info about the less-known Flame Haze.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-11-19, 08:49   Link #32
alvinkhorfire

@Marcus H.
I recall that Elf song briefly mentioned this Flame Haze before. Let's discuss this in Spoiler thread, shall we?

Quote:
Spoiler for I hope...:
Since this Flame Haze is given a name, she should have a few lines to say, similar to Yu Xuan.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-11-19 at 10:25.
Old 2011-11-19, 10:30   Link #33
ookamigirl

It's about time things get moving.
Shana in that dress... really nice.
Pretty good episode.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-11-19, 13:28   Link #34
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
There is one thing I didnt understand. The whole deal with the artifical body of the snake and that so called "absorption" spell that was apparently active when it shouldnt....that entire scene just went over my head.
Same here T.T

Seirei no hebi has already one body(yuuji) but he want's the original body too

And they said silver is ready ... so 3 bodies.Maybe a fusion?

Also I think the prince in the story can't be kamshin because the prince is dead....

Last edited by taichi-kun; 2011-11-19 at 14:02.
Old 2011-11-19, 16:15   Link #35
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Thank you very much for your elaborative reply, SkyFlames. Much appreciated. Yes, as you mentioned, there are a lot of unknowns in attacking Seireiden and it is dangerous to do so. However, the current situation will worsen even further, once they have released the Snake of the Festival's real body. It is now or never.
As I mentioned, Flame Hazes' side got no idea that Snake is actually capable of recoving his body and gain a large advantage in the battlefield. But if I were on Sophies' shoes I'd do the same, wait the enemy in your basements in which you have way more possibilities of defending yourself with the lowest loss of soldiers, then you may take the offensive after the other side have lost a great part of their forces. Of course, if she knew the Bale Masque's plot, I'm sure she would attack the Sereiden with everything she had at the hand to destroy/stop the Abyss portal.
Old 2011-11-19, 19:10   Link #36
Marik

Great Episode. I can't wait for episode8. OUTBREAK OF WAR
Old 2011-11-19, 19:49   Link #37
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Any Khamsin ep is a good ep. Damn, he's GAR, and that's a pretty cool origin story he told about himself.
Old 2011-11-20, 01:24   Link #38
Excorsism

Glad to see the anime art of the gothic dress is on par with Itou's drawing. I praise thee, JCStaff.

With that being said, I died instantly upon seeing Shana. Too cute. A little worried for Shana's well-being without Yuji there though.
Old 2011-11-20, 01:45   Link #39
Chris38

A good episode, this season is definitely better then the other two, most likely due to the fact that it accurately portrays the content's of the light novels.

I have to say that Yuji has nice tastes, since Shana in that dress looks cute.

Can't wait till the next episode, and how the Flame Hazes are going to respond, once they learn that Yuji is trying to retrieve the Snake's real body.
Old 2011-11-20, 01:46   Link #40
lightbringer
M9000

Meh, I'm sure she'll be fine. There are enemies all around her but Hecate is probably the only one daring enough to attack her despite Yuuji's orders for her not to be harmed. Granted, I think it would've been a better idea to keep her by his side instead... but maybe she couldn't handle the trip while her powers are sealed, or maybe it's not going to be exactly a walk in the park - who knows what's floating around in the Abyss on the other side of that gate, apart from SotF body?

@Chris, I didn't find the LN to be better than the anime, just different in some regards... and from reading LN for other series, this is often the case, even though people get very passionate about it . For me, this season is better because Yuuji actually kicks ass. He came up with decent strategies in the past but he's always been useless in actual combat (by the end of the second season, he could only handle trash mobs solo). Then there's also the fact that the plot is moving somewhere. There's the shadow of an all-out war between Bal Masque and the Crimson Realm in the air, both sides are mobilizing, and Yuuji also seems to have some kind of plan (what he calls the Grand Order).
Closed Thread