AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-24, 08:22   Link #61
Miraluka
Banned

The synopsis. made by Kamachi is misleading as usual.

Railgun SS1: School trip.
R SS2: A demonstration on a shopping mall.

Ichiranasai? More like Gremlin and Kakine on the city.

So, I expect this story to have some interesting turns and, of course, some powerful antagonist, and lots of foreshadowing like the previous SS with Kanzaki did.
Old 2013-06-24, 08:58   Link #62
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

I think its possible that Alisa aka Shotaura might be the next NT maybe as cameo ...
Old 2013-06-27, 01:38   Link #63
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Zaeraal posted something absolutely crazily amazing in Railgun forum when talking about Saten's possible connection to Zoroastrianism as speculation... (not mentioned anywhere so not a spoiler, don't worry, just speculation)... Anyway, he was talking about some parts of Zoroastrianism and I was like holy crap. He was a boss for finding this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
It would be most likely based on her element (air) and as in magic linked to some other being power or miracle.
But Zoroastrianism is really extensive religion, with tons of good and bad beings.
There are also lot of miracles and it even has it's own judgement day.

I am not an expert on it, I read only few pages on wiki, but most notable stuff I found was:
Spoiler for size:

This caught my eye. Tell me if this seems a little strange:

Um... 10,000 horses = 10,000 remaining clones? Dragon = AIWASS, stuck in AC which is an impenetrable fortress and mankind lose reverence for religion and all that (this is part of the Aeon of Horus which is newly happening right now... (belief in science and not religion) which is foreshadowing what would happen with a WWIV). People with own guardian angels (AIWASS), artificial heaven with people having their own realized powers... This seems too relevant to be a coincidence. I'm wondering if his idea for all of this merges Aleister Crowley's philosophy with Zoroastrianism...
Old 2013-06-27, 15:51   Link #64
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
This caught my eye. Tell me if this seems a little strange:

Um... 10,000 horses = 10,000 remaining clones? Dragon = AIWASS, stuck in AC which is an impenetrable fortress and mankind lose reverence for religion and all that (this is part of the Aeon of Horus which is newly happening right now... (belief in science and not religion) which is foreshadowing what would happen with a WWIV). People with own guardian angels (AIWASS), artificial heaven with people having their own realized powers... This seems too relevant to be a coincidence. I'm wondering if his idea for all of this merges Aleister Crowley's philosophy with Zoroastrianism...
Kamachi based his espers on RL Crowley and his Thelema and you can find amazing amount of information there regarding whole Raildex universe. (wiki)
Crowley based his Thelema mostly on Egyptian philosophy, but I didn't noticed in Railgun/Index anything from their legends and myths.
And Thelema itself didn't contained many (if any) stories/legends besides the base theories behind Thelema.

So it is possible Kamachi searched for inspiration for the story somewhere else.
A lot of religions have common roots or were based on each other, so they tend to be similar in some aspects.
And Zoroastrianism has many things in common with the Thelema theories.
And like it was pointed out, it even fits with what's happening, both story and setting-wise.
Plus it's not just one thing or two.. so it's most likely not a coincidence and he really mixed it up.

But who knows, we will have to wait and see what he will really pull out at the end.
Old 2013-06-27, 16:00   Link #65
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Kamachi based his espers on RL Crowley and his Thelema and you can find amazing amount of information there regarding whole Raildex universe. (wiki)
Crowley based his Thelema mostly on Egyptian philosophy, but I didn't noticed in Railgun/Index anything from their legends and myths.
And Thelema itself didn't contained many (if any) stories/legends besides the base theories behind Thelema.

So it is possible Kamachi searched for inspiration for the story somewhere else.
A lot of religions have common roots or were based on each other, so they tend to be similar in some aspects.
And Zoroastrianism has many things in common with the Thelema theories.
And like it was pointed out, it even fits with what's happening, both story and setting-wise.
Plus it's not just one thing or two.. so it's most likely not a coincidence and he really mixed it up.

But who knows, we will have to wait and see what he will really pull out at the end.
Yeah lol. I knew about the Thelema theory of the real Crowley as well. In my post above, I meant the real life crowley's philosophy. Not the Index one (lol). It would be cool if there were both aspects. The 10,000 was what really caught my eye though. Also, I always felt like the 10,000 was partially supposed to represent the fact that because a little more than 10,000 out of 20,000 died, after getting hurt, Accelerator was at slightly under 1/2 of his old power.... lol.

Kamachi does so much research that I am really impressed. It's pretty incredible. But you are right. I wish it were possible for him to publish his incredible work even faster, but of course it probably isn't
Old 2013-06-27, 16:19   Link #66
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So coming up next week would be the first week of the new month. I suspect that there's a good chance the third and final volume for this year would be announced.

The reason is because if it's announced on July that means it'll come out on September, and that would make it an interval of four months just like the gap between NT6 and NT7. Then afterwards another four more months and the cycle would repeat itself in January.
Old 2013-06-27, 16:38   Link #67
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I would prefer that the volume would leave in October, but I think more importantly, it would be about what the volume 8 would treat? Seriously, there are many possibilities, but no certainty.
Old 2013-06-27, 16:40   Link #68
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Anything is possible, I myself would love to get some confirmation of Heavy Object 7 before the end of this year...
Old 2013-06-27, 16:46   Link #69
Acer
Death to the infidels!

stopping to think, last year just two volumes of Index left, would be sensational if volume 8 came out in September and volume 9 in December, now I'm excited for next week. I hope my illusions are not destroyed.
Old 2013-06-27, 23:19   Link #70
leukrota

I didn't know where to post this, but since it's a (crack) speculation here it goes.

I have the theory that Gunha is a closet pervet, here's my reasoning:

A time ago I brought the possibility of the seven level 5 having "personality problems" based on the seven sins, althought without enough information on Misaki. Whatever the case I figure it could be something like this:

1. Accelerator - Greed
2. Kakine - Envy
3. Mikoto - Pride
4. Shizuri - Wrath
5. Misaki - Gluttony
6. Mysterious No. 6 - Sloth (he/she seems to avoid interactions)
7. Gunha - Lust (last sin left)

I had speculated before that if Aogami is No. 6, then Lust would be his by right , Sloth being Misaki's and Gluttony probably being Gunha's. But since Misaki has been basically confirmed as a glutton, and Gunha couldn't be lazy, I now lean more towards this arrangement.

Of course, there could also be the possibility of having Aogami being the lusty one, bringing Rikou into the mix as the lazy one and leaving Gunha sinless... but that's not as fun as saying that Gunha may be a pervert

So... any thoughts?
Old 2013-06-27, 23:32   Link #71
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You would think Misaki would be lust...

What about the 7 virtues ?
Old 2013-06-27, 23:41   Link #72
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
I didn't know where to post this, but since it's a (crack) speculation here it goes.

I have the theory that Gunha is a closet pervet, here's my reasoning:

A time ago I brought the possibility of the seven level 5 having "personality problems" based on the seven sins, althought without enough information on Misaki. Whatever the case I figure it could be something like this:

1. Accelerator - Greed
2. Kakine - Envy
3. Mikoto - Pride
4. Shizuri - Wrath
5. Misaki - Gluttony
6. Mysterious No. 6 - Sloth (he/she seems to avoid interactions)
7. Gunha - Lust (last sin left)

I had speculated before that if Aogami is No. 6, then Lust would be his by right , Sloth being Misaki's and Gluttony probably being Gunha's. But since Misaki has been basically confirmed as a glutton, and Gunha couldn't be lazy, I now lean more towards this arrangement.

Of course, there could also be the possibility of having Aogami being the lusty one, bringing Rikou into the mix as the lazy one and leaving Gunha sinless... but that's not as fun as saying that Gunha may be a pervert

So... any thoughts?
well, if this theory is confirmed, I can only say I'm pity of the girl / boy who is receiving the lust of Gunha the twice the speed of sound.
Old 2013-06-28, 01:02   Link #73
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

What about the 7 virtues ?
Touma has those covered. Here is the list of virtues: (Cardinal Virtues) Prudence, Justice, Temperance/Restraint, and Courage/Fortitude; (Theological Virtues) Faith, Hope, and Charity/Love. Yet he also has the sins Lust, Wrath and, possibly, Sloth.
Old 2013-06-28, 01:10   Link #74
Acer
Death to the infidels!

possibly? the boy says fuck you for school.
Old 2013-06-28, 01:50   Link #75
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
possibly? the boy says fuck you for school.
He doesn't like it because of all the remedial classes and the fact that no one likes school to begin with. I was referring to the incidents that he gets dragged into against his will. Hence the "Fuko da!" like when Mikoto found him after he returned from Italy.
Old 2013-06-28, 06:29   Link #76
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I understand, I'm just basing on vol 16, when he says that he is not the type of person who would start studying just to pass the time,
Old 2013-06-28, 10:15   Link #77
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I would prefer that the volume would leave in October, but I think more importantly, it would be about what the volume 8 would treat? Seriously, there are many possibilities, but no certainty.
Not October. I start school September 22nd. I'd get no work done at all... September 10th is a good release date.

I'd like to (for fun say) Accelerator= Pride, Mikoto = Lust (the Mikoto that doesn't exist), #6= Greed and Gunha= sloth (he's the laziest in training his powers, because he doesn't have to do anything. He is naturally strong and doesn't know they work.

This means though that for your measure above we really could say Gunha= sloth and #6 if it were Aogami Pierce would be lust. (lol).
Old 2013-06-28, 10:32   Link #78
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I think you've seen too many doujins

Quote:
well, if this theory is confirmed, I can only say I'm pity of the girl / boy who is receiving the lust of Gunha the twice the speed of sound.
Yeah... maybe he'll have to woo a girl saint, otherwise it could get painful.
Old 2013-06-29, 04:47   Link #79
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

So I just realized something and now it struck me as very odd. We all remember that in the beginning of the series Index appeared in AC. She had been running away from the magicians and had ended up there. It happened obviously totally naturally. No intervention by Aleister at all... none. No.

Well I think that's BS. She's a very powerful character and yet she always gravitates towards AC. Why is this? We know that Aleister brought Touma who had IB. What if he brought Index in order to make Touma protect her so that he could use Index to make Touma stronger.
Spoiler for Railgun S episode 12, 13,14,15,16 just why Touma is there:

We know that Aleister didn't plan for it to end so early, but Accelerator got stronger because of it. Furthermore, Touma with Index every time has been useful. Index is part of the magic side and Touma is part of neither really, well AC officially.

IMO Aleister knows about Index because he's originally from the Church of necessarius and was keeping tabs on what was going on there. It is very possible that he wants Laura to attack him eventually. I just feel like he could have easily manipulated all of what was going on. Index is Touma's weak point. This could be Aleister's insurance to beat him. This might be why Fiamma was also close to winning, because he kind of figured this out. He just didn't know enough about IB.

I think it is highly likely that Aleister moved Index to Touma's place where Tsuchimikado from the magic side, his friend just so happens to be next door and Accel lives close by. He was aware that both of them would be part of his plan. I think it's possible Aleister planned on Touma losing his memory because of Index's dragons breath attack.

This is speculation, but I really think it would make sense. This would make a lot of things clear. It would probably be a retcon; because at first, Kamachi just wanted to make an interesting premise. However, I think this is likely. Otherwise, how would she have gotten into AC undetected? How did Style, Kanzaki also do this. And why did nothing happen to them and never Index?

Something's fishy in my opinion.

Any thoughts?
Old 2013-06-29, 10:34   Link #80
leukrota

Dunno about Aleister being part of Necessarius, I think he was just another magician that got too close to becoming a magic god (maybe he was even twarted by a previous IB user)

Still, he does have resources and enough knowledge about the magic side, so he should have known about Index, and I find it likely that he engineered their meeting.

On the other hand, I doubt he could manipulate everything to the extent of having Index/Kanzaki destroy tree diagram or making Touma lose his memories... those events were probably just "minor noise" in his grand plan.
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions