Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-09, 23:14   Link #3721
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post

TOO LONG!. and now that i think about it, where is the source stating Vol9 is Origami chapter. If not, then im giving up translating vol 9 (=.=)

And let me get this straight so i dont say this anymore: Shidou didnt even try to kiss miku, not an ounce of muscle was used. She did it on her own. The end.
What'd you expect from a post which was 2 months overdue lol.

Really? So him pursing his lips was not in preparation to kiss Miku? I must have misinterpreted that scene then. Don't blame me, he did try to return her hug so expecting him to also return her kiss was only natrual for me.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 23:16   Link #3722
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:

TOO LONG!. and now that i think about it, where is the source stating Vol9 is Origami chapter. If not, then im giving up translating vol 9 (=.=)

And let me get this straight so i dont say this anymore: Shidou didnt even try to kiss miku, not an ounce of muscle was used. She did it on her own. The end.
i think it might be w/ the PV for the OVA..i think..unless its in the Date Ast Like one..
Old 2013-08-09, 23:18   Link #3723
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
What'd you expect from a post which was 2 months overdue lol.

Really? So him pursing his lips was not in preparation to kiss Miku? I must have misinterpreted that scene then. Don't blame me, he did try to return her hug so expecting him to return her kiss was only natrual for me.
the lips pursing is like a face after tasting lemon or something sour (not this serious but close)

The hugging part is true though. but who wouldnt wanna hug a naked girl under your arms
Old 2013-08-09, 23:25   Link #3724
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
i think it might be w/ the PV for the OVA..i think..unless its in the Date Ast Like one..
Can't find it, where is it D:

Quote:
the lips pursing is like a face after tasting lemon or something sour (not this serious but close)

The hugging part is true though. but who wouldnt wanna hug a naked girl under your arms
Him making a face as if he just tasted something sour just as he's about to return her hug in the middle of an extremely heartwarming moment, and of his own accord? Are you serious?

According to Dictionary.com, the definition of purse (in this context):
Quote:
to contract into folds or wrinkles; pucker: to purse one's lips.
Considering the context, one would only expect him to be preparing to kiss her, no?

And it's not like he wanted her to be naked... actually, I don't think her being naked was the reason he wanted to hug her.

Oh and before I forget. Is there any fanart out there of Shido using all the Angels of the Spirits he's sealed?

Last edited by iamadooddood; 2013-08-09 at 23:50.
Old 2013-08-09, 23:42   Link #3725
Fenrisulfr
私たち”友達”だから

The first time I read that part I imagined Shidou experiencing a moment of indecisiveness, like biting his lower lip, before going Oh what the heck soo moe! & hugged her, this is from what's on BT though. But re-reading it, it does seem he's getting ready to kiss her, but I just don't buy, this is Shidou here xD.
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 00:49   Link #3726
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Can't find it, where is it D:

Him making a face as if he just tasted something sour just as he's about to return her hug in the middle of an extremely heartwarming moment, and of his own accord? Are you serious?

According to Dictionary.com, the definition of purse (in this context): Considering the context, one would only expect him to be preparing to kiss her, no?

And it's not like he wanted her to be naked... actually, I don't think her being naked was the reason he wanted to hug her.

Oh and before I forget. Is there any fanart out there of Shido using all the Angels of the Spirits he's sealed?
the hugging one was a joke of mine. after hearing those "Feels" from Miku, he probably feel the need to do it. for the pursed case, i think its more like he is kind off reluctant to do the hugging but does it anyway type of scenerio
Old 2013-08-10, 02:29   Link #3727
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
the hugging one was a joke of mine. after hearing those "Feels" from Miku, he probably feel the need to do it. for the pursed case, i think its more like he is kind off reluctant to do the hugging but does it anyway type of scenerio
Figures.

Nah I highly doubt he's the type to hesitate in doing the right thing to keep their affection levels high (other than initially when the only choice presented to him was to date them). Besides he did say her name before hugging her so it's likely he already decided to hug her even before he said her name, hence there would be no hesitation on his part.

All I wanted to do was to say that any error in vol 7's epilogue was carried over from the online Chinese translations. How did it get to this... Never mind, someone else focus on the rest of my long post please.

Old 2013-08-10, 04:29   Link #3728
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
In the novels, her Astral Dress did disappear, so it's most likely an error on the anime's part.
More likely intentional censoring. Just as the butchered bodies of those thugs in episode 8 were censored, and even the OP was censored for Tohka, Kotori, and Origami's body shots at the beginning of it, that scene was probably censored to avoid all the bare skin. Even though they show plenty of it in other scenes. But episode 4 was steam-censored to avoid showing too much of Tohka's naked body in the shower (as Wilfriback's TV -> BD/DVD comparison screenshots show) just like the OP, so......

It was certainly a better method of censoring than having steam or Beams of Light coming from out of nowhere.
Old 2013-08-10, 06:00   Link #3729
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
More likely intentional censoring. Just as the butchered bodies of those thugs in episode 8 were censored, and even the OP was censored for Tohka, Kotori, and Origami's body shots at the beginning of it, that scene was probably censored to avoid all the bare skin. Even though they show plenty of it in other scenes. But episode 4 was steam-censored to avoid showing too much of Tohka's naked body in the shower (as Wilfriback's TV -> BD/DVD comparison screenshots show) just like the OP, so......

It was certainly a better method of censoring than having steam or Beams of Light coming from out of nowhere.
Ah, an intentional error then. Still, you could block Kotori's body with Shido's, and Yoshino's scene wasn't really censored...

Last edited by iamadooddood; 2013-08-10 at 06:12.
Old 2013-08-10, 06:10   Link #3730
tuckersister

can't wait for Vol9. I feel that Origami will find more questions than answers in who she is if she interact with Phantom. Would very interesting if Origami finds out from Phantom that she is "far more than a Spirit" and "the first nature born". There will definitely be a HUGE twist in the volume. Well, we will see where she is in Vol8 before going to Vol9.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 06:14   Link #3731
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
can't wait for Vol9. I feel that Origami will find more questions than answers in who she is if she interact with Phantom. Would very interesting if Origami finds out from Phantom that she is "far more than a Spirit" and "the first nature born". There will definitely be a HUGE twist in the volume. Well, we will see where she is in Vol8 before going to Vol9.
Like I said, I predict it'll be Origami that Natsumi assumes the guise of in volume 8. Of course I might be wrong, but to me she's the likeliest choice.

Old 2013-08-11, 07:51   Link #3732
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
who's Phantom?
i'm kind of late in updating on this
Old 2013-08-11, 10:17   Link #3733
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
who's Phantom?
i'm kind of late in updating on this
Phantom is the code name given to the entity that gave Kotori and Miku their Spirit powers, as well as told Kurumi about Shido.

Old 2013-08-11, 10:55   Link #3734
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Phantom is the code name given to the entity that gave Kotori and Miku their Spirit powers, as well as told Kurumi about Shido.
I'm wondering... is Kurumi a human turned Spirit just like Kotori and Miku? It almost sounds like both have a connection with Phantom.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 13:09   Link #3735
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I'm wondering... is Kurumi a human turned Spirit just like Kotori and Miku? It almost sounds like both have a connection with Phantom.
I doubt it, Kotori and Miku didn't meet Phantom again after it gave them Spirit powers. And like I said before, when Phantom described what Kurumi's 12th Bullet did, she asked how it knew about its effects, when she hadn't shown it or described it. If she had been a human turned Spirit she'd have understood that it knew without having to ask. Unless Phantom isn't the only entity that can grant Spirit powers, but Kurumi still doesn't seem like a human turned Spirit to me either way.

Old 2013-08-11, 20:40   Link #3736
tuckersister

I'm looking forward to seeing any revelations and surprises in the next two volumes. If Origami turns out to be a "spirit", she will not be of the ten spirits but a complete different being. I once thought if there was a spirit without an angel and one that can use her power without one. What if Origami has a power, but it was sealed because of the dangers it may cause (even worse the Spirits). Her power would different from the other spirits. Maybe there was a reason why her parents died. Anyway, I'm definitely sure that she will get more questions than answers. Also, I think the spirit who killed her parents was the first spirit.
Old 2013-08-12, 01:17   Link #3737
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
I'm looking forward to seeing any revelations and surprises in the next two volumes. If Origami turns out to be a "spirit", she will not be of the ten spirits but a complete different being. I once thought if there was a spirit without an angel and one that can use her power without one. What if Origami has a power, but it was sealed because of the dangers it may cause (even worse the Spirits). Her power would different from the other spirits. Maybe there was a reason why her parents died. Anyway, I'm definitely sure that she will get more questions than answers. Also, I think the spirit who killed her parents was the first spirit.
i don't mind origami being a spirit but a different being would be a let down due to her having a plot armor. if the reason of her being a different kind of spirit would be valid lets see what happens. as far as I am concerned spirits and humans are currently the entities here. phantom may be a spirit, but it can be also a different being

we also need to see why the spirits are drawn to the human world
Old 2013-08-12, 01:44   Link #3738
cloud04
Scanlator

hmm i might have missed this along the way..but..how would 1st spirit appearing=dragging along other spirits to show up in the world? and i dont think phantom told kurumi about it right?so might be some common knowledge to most spirits?
Old 2013-08-12, 05:37   Link #3739
tuckersister

What I meant by "different being" is that Origami would be a spirit at the same time not a spirit. That metaphor. Would be interesting to see how a spirit without an angel operates in battle.
Old 2013-08-12, 06:29   Link #3740
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
I doubt it, Kotori and Miku didn't meet Phantom again after it gave them Spirit powers. And like I said before, when Phantom described what Kurumi's 12th Bullet did, she asked how it knew about its effects, when she hadn't shown it or described it. If she had been a human turned Spirit she'd have understood that it knew without having to ask. Unless Phantom isn't the only entity that can grant Spirit powers, but Kurumi still doesn't seem like a human turned Spirit to me either way.
Things is, Spirits usually appear on the surface of Earth through the space quake. But Kurumi, on the other hand, she appeared not from space quake. So as Kotori, and Miku too.

Speaking of the 12th Bullet, maybe Kurumi personally don't wanna demonstrate it to Phantom for a reason. Cause she might have known the side-effect of it, and she don't wanna risk herself to waste it for a gamble as she may considered the 12th Bullet as her 'one-way-trip' ability.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy