AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-11-13, 20:43   Link #1
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

First Love, Do you remember it?

It's been almost 15 years now and I still remember it. Her name, face, figure, behavior, everything.

It was back in I.S.144 (Michaelangelo Middle School), in the bronx. I'll just refer to her by her last name out of respect, Sang had 0 athletic abilities, she was a total egg head, honor roll student for as long as I've known her. But her body was great, she was the only student in the whole school with D cup boobs

Long black hair, smooth white skin, shy, stubborn at times, handle my crude jokes very well, even humored me from time to time. To me she was perfect at the time.

Ah, memories... I wonder what she's doing now. It's been so long.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 21:00   Link #2
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Did that 'do you feel old' thread do something to you? xD
By the way, shouldn't it be
'first love (if you've experienced it), do you remember it?
or just "First loves" (which I sense 'computers' or some kinda gadget being the general answer here)

*places a fiver down*
Safe bet that many peeps here haven't had that experience yet.

Maybe first 'crush' would be more appropriate? And then again, "first loves, love hardest".
They often tend to be the most bittersweet, sadly too...

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 21:04   Link #3
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Hahaha, first love... ah, yes, how well I remember him. Really was a bittersweet experience for me.
Old 2009-11-13, 21:12   Link #4
Gin
*Artist

It was pretty amazing while it lasted but it sucked really bad when it ended. Its kind of awkward seeing her now.
Damn it this thread and the old thread are making me sad.
Old 2009-11-13, 21:17   Link #5
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Did that 'do you feel old' thread do something to you? xD
By the way, shouldn't it be
'first love (if you've experienced it), do you remember it?
or just "First loves" (which I sense 'computers' or some kinda gadget being the general answer here)

*places a fiver down*
Safe bet that many peeps here haven't had that experience yet.

Maybe first 'crush' would be more appropriate? And then again, "first loves, love hardest".
They often tend to be the most bittersweet, sadly too...
Well first love is more appropriate considering that a first crush can be as early as kindergarten age. Its pretty insignicificant.
Old 2009-11-13, 21:32   Link #6
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Nothing to remember yet, as far as "crushes" and "first loves."

You know, given descriptions from various people I've talked to about how those sorts of things go, this may very well be a big reason pertaining to why I don't feel particularly old.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 21:33   Link #7
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well first love is more appropriate considering that a first crush can be as early as kindergarten age. Its pretty insignicificant.
I disagree; personally I think a first crush, a first real crush, is just as significant as a first love because that's when one first becomes aware of such feelings. First love can only come after a first crush, usually. But eh, what do I know.
Old 2009-11-13, 21:41   Link #8
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Somehow I doubt it's importance when my best friend growing Darrell's first crush was with our first grade teacher.

I don't see the importance of "liking" someone for the first time as it is to having "love" for the first time. You'll end up with dozens of crushes before even experiencing a first love. A crush is generally fleeting, while love consumes your heart and mind.
Old 2009-11-13, 21:46   Link #9
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

First *crush* was in fifth grade I suppose. Pale girl with a long black hair with bangs in front. We were assigned to dance together in the school play and I was mortified (yet survived). Never saw her again after that year.

First *love* was in my senior year in high school - a little japanese-american pixie who later became my wife (and still is...o.O). Saw her skipping down the hall one day with long black hair down past her waist, all 4'11" 95lbs of her. She had a great figure. Brain exploded.... never got better.
Old 2009-11-13, 21:47   Link #10
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

But having a crush on someone is what first introduces you to those feelings of attraction in the first place, on a lesser scale than love so that a kid can understand them and handle them; and sometimes something that starts out as a small, insignificant crush can become your first love if the circumstances are right.
Old 2009-11-13, 21:53   Link #11
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
But having a crush on someone is what first introduces you to those feelings of attraction in the first place, on a lesser scale than love so that a kid can understand them and handle them; and sometimes something that starts out as a small, insignificant crush can become your first love if the circumstances are right.
I think you're looking too deeply into it. Having a crush in no way shape or form can prepare a person for love, hell nothing prepares a person for love.
Old 2009-11-13, 21:54   Link #12
james0246

Quote:
Ah, memories... I wonder what she's doing now. It's been so long.
The J. Geils Band wrote a song just for you...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 22:16   Link #13
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I think you're looking too deeply into it. Having a crush in no way shape or form can prepare a person for love, hell nothing prepares a person for love.
I'd argue that, but I suppose my take on things is different from yours. *shrugs*
Old 2009-11-13, 22:29   Link #14
LeoXiao
思想工作

My first crush was in 6th grade (seven years ago), on this tall girl with elegant features but not much body development (she's still that way), and it lasted for about two years when i finally gave up on the notion. I've never been emotionally attached in such a way to anyone else, which i think is all in all a good thing.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 22:31   Link #15
Walkingcatastrophy
Deep Anime Dude

Oh man! Totally a trip down memory lane. I remember everything about her...
The smell, the touch, the pain.
Bitter sweet indeed.

I think at the time she embodied absolutely everything I was looking for in a person.
Her imperfections made her perfect because I was unable to validate the existence of them. It lasted all of about a year. I can't be too precise, I've done my best to try to forget too many details. I just know I still felt hurt long after it ended

Last time I heard of her was about six years ago... I remember her saying something to her friend like "Why you talking to that creep?"

I will say I learned a lot from that relationship.

Last edited by Walkingcatastrophy; 2009-11-13 at 22:44.
Walkingcatastrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 22:39   Link #16
Haladflire65
*Artist

I can't say he's my first love, but I'm probably his first love. I do really like the guy, though... We met in a martial arts class and he confessed to me... We're still emailing and we still like each other.

I hope it doesn't end badly, and I'm promising myself not to make it so.
Old 2009-11-13, 22:47   Link #17
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I can't say he's my first love, but I'm probably his first love. I do really like the guy, though... We met in a martial arts class and he confessed to me... We're still emailing and we still like each other.

I hope it doesn't end badly, and I'm promising myself not to make it so.
Don't try too hard, let it flow naturally. The more you brood and "try" to make things work is the more likely it'll fail. The best advice I can give is to give the guy his space and not come off naggy or clingy.
Old 2009-11-13, 22:54   Link #18
Walkingcatastrophy
Deep Anime Dude

Relationship dynamics are a tough cookie to crack. The one any only thing I ever tell people is just go with the flow. If I had better advice I'd be sure as heck to heed it myself.
Walkingcatastrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 23:02   Link #19
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Don't try too hard, let it flow naturally. The more you brood and "try" to make things work is the more likely it'll fail. The best advice I can give is to give the guy his space and not come off naggy or clingy.
lol, I think we're giving each other more space than necessary. I'm in Canada and he's in Korea... We actually haven't met for a year.
Old 2009-11-13, 23:20   Link #20
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
lol, I think we're giving each other more space than necessary. I'm in Canada and he's in Korea... We actually haven't met for a year.
oh, lol well that is indeed interesting... committing to a long distance relationship in general is very difficult let alone an international one, especially at your age... The best advice I can give is to drop the relationship before you become more attached.