AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-15, 02:51   Link #1481
lohtan86

either it they are trying to drive the publicity and demand or trying preserver the quality of the series.

but either way they are hurting themselves if they keep delaying
Old 2008-08-15, 02:58   Link #1482
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
as of now, it will prolly air after Clannad After Story to which, i have little to no interest in (sorry Clannad fans). and hopefully it will air soon after Clannad, please kami-sama, please

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
Old 2008-08-15, 20:12   Link #1483
wyhupn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
Well December 17th is the next meaningful date, so we can only hope.
Please KyoAni let this happen!
Old 2008-08-16, 08:51   Link #1484
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyhupn View Post
Please KyoAni let this happen!
I don't think we'll be hearing anthing about Haruhi this year, for reasons I've already stated, but just to point out that it has in fact been confirmed now:
Quote:
Originally Posted by izanagi View Post
I went to AnimeFesta.

clannad AS news
・It starts on October 2 this year.
・24(23?)episodes
・First EP of AS aired on
As such, Haruhi season two propably won't start before summer, at the very least. Therefore, I doubt we'll get any USEFUL information before the end of the year.
Old 2008-08-16, 09:10   Link #1485
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsgotpansit View Post
what bothers me is why do they make all the press release of this S2 but it was a year ago from now i know its suspenseful but by the time it is out some fans will already have moved to better things but only the loyal fans like the ones responding to these threads are probably gonna wait... but i really hope it lands on my birthday cause that would be an awesome present (Dec. 18) and my bday is the same day they released the first notice with nagato and everything but that was last year...
To be fair, they did announce they 'cancelled' S2 before. Only problem was, nobody believed them, as everyone thought that it was just another viral marketing strategy, Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and all.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-08-16, 09:32   Link #1486
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
I don't think we'll be hearing anthing about Haruhi this year, for reasons I've already stated, but just to point out that it has in fact been confirmed now:
Quote:
Originally Posted by izanagi
I went to AnimeFesta.

clannad AS news
・It starts on October 2 this year.
・24(23?)episodes
・First EP of AS aired on
I wouldn't go by this guy's word as the absolute truth since they have only posted one post... EVER. We'll wait until more details come out of AnimeFesta before confirming anything.

As for rubbing more salt into the Haruhiists' wounds, KyoAni has just announced their plans to animate Tonari no 801-chan. Now I don't know how this will fit into their schedule, but here's another reason you guys can bitch about before Haruhi is released!
Old 2008-08-16, 10:27   Link #1487
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
I wouldn't go by this guy's word as the absolute truth since they have only posted one post... EVER. We'll wait until more details come out of AnimeFesta before confirming anything.

As for rubbing more salt into the Haruhiists' wounds, KyoAni has just announced their plans to animate Tonari no 801-chan. Now I don't know how this will fit into their schedule, but here's another reason you guys can bitch about before Haruhi is released!
Well, more people have also reported that, as well as some other details that were also mentioned at AnimeFesta now, so I'd say we can be pretty sure the guy was telling the truth.

Apart from that, even though I am under the belief that KyoAni is incapable of making bad anime, I still consider this announcement somewhat annoying. Not only do I want Haruhi 2 to air before 2010, but I was also hoping for them to do a Little Busters-anime after that... Ah well, I'll propably watch this new show that I have never heard about anyway.
Old 2008-08-17, 12:55   Link #1488
typhonsentra

I'm just hoping they don't give us another half-season after making us wait nearly 3 years.
Old 2008-08-17, 21:22   Link #1489
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
And now that you've said that, we're getting a quarter-season[/sarc]
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2008-08-20, 15:37   Link #1490
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Apparently, this is a rumour circulating the nets, copypasta from 4ch's /a/...

>Interesting rumor circulating around 2ch.

>Apparently Tanigawa, author of the Haruhi novels, is the sole reason why there hasn't been a season 2 animated. He wasn't satisfied with the amount they were paying him given how much revenue the show generated, so he refused to give the producers (kyoani) the rights to air any more episodes.

>Kadokawa is in negotiations with him, and threatened to refuse to publish any more novels until he greenlighted the show. He still hasn't given in, and now the latest novel is "TBA", even though it's been supposedly finished for months.
Old 2008-08-20, 18:38   Link #1491
NaweG
Just some guy

Somewhat unlikely rumor given that most authors would have negotiated this as part of their advance. I know the few books I've authored (all technical) that you didn't get money until they saw a signed contract.

Only way this would happen is if he was balking on doing the next book (after 7) until they made the changes he wanted - which he probably has not been put under contract for yet.

Though again, that could also be the excuse Kado is giving Kyo for their wanting a bigger piece of the pie...
Old 2008-08-20, 19:21   Link #1492
Helioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice_slayer View Post
Apparently, this is a rumour circulating the nets, copypasta from 4ch's /a/...

>Interesting rumor circulating around 2ch.

>Apparently Tanigawa, author of the Haruhi novels, is the sole reason why there hasn't been a season 2 animated. He wasn't satisfied with the amount they were paying him given how much revenue the show generated, so he refused to give the producers (kyoani) the rights to air any more episodes.

>Kadokawa is in negotiations with him, and threatened to refuse to publish any more novels until he greenlighted the show. He still hasn't given in, and now the latest novel is "TBA", even though it's been supposedly finished for months.
I read all rumor thread and dont find any word about amount of paying to Tanigawa. It's only says that Kadokawa don't want to publish 10 volume because... it's the last volume. Kadokawa want to continue series, but Tanigawa says "It's over, there is no need to write more".

That's why second season is not out yet and will not out this year. Tanigawa is protesting against Kadokawa by not giving rights to air second season because he doesn't want to write more than 10 volumes.

Last edited by Helioz; 2008-08-20 at 22:54.
Old 2008-08-20, 21:27   Link #1493
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helioz View Post
I read all rumor thread and dont find any word about amount of paying to Tanigawa. It's only says that Kadokawa don't want to publish 10 volume because... it's the last volume. Kadokawa want to continue series, but Tanigawa says "It's over, there is no need to write more".
See, that's a problem, because IT CAN'T END YET.

Not because I want more, but because there's no setup for an ending. None.

It'd be like School Rumble...

But then again, as I've already given up hope on this series, so...
Old 2008-08-20, 21:45   Link #1494
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well if it does end at 10 for some reason...more time for new material with Kyonko.
Old 2008-08-20, 21:46   Link #1495
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

It's all rumors... still, it would be very idiotic if it ended in the next novel. I can't think of anyway the story could end in next volume, ...lol everyone dies?
Old 2008-08-20, 21:51   Link #1496
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunafishisgood View Post
It's all rumors... still, it would be very idiotic if it ended in the next novel. I can't think of anyway the story could end in next volume, ...lol everyone dies?
Oh, I can see a way... it would just offer no resolution in terms of romantic development, because there's been no setup for it...

And since I'm only really interested in the romantic development...
Old 2008-08-21, 04:27   Link #1497
brocko

All great things must come to an end. And with that said he can end the story whenever he wants as far as I'm concern just so long as he doesn't do a half ass job with it. All i ask for is simply a fitting ending and proper closure.

Now I stopped reading the novels at Live A Live, so i wouldn't know the latest details of the story, but I'm pretty sure if he's planned for it to end at the 10th volume then he's probably found some way to wrap it all up, be it good or bad. Hopefully moreso good rather than bad, unless of course he wants angry hate-mail and death-threats by the minute lol

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2008-08-21, 07:36   Link #1498
typhonsentra

The problem is I don't think it could be considered "Great" if they ended it next volume, there are so many unanswered questions that in order to cover everything in one volume they'd either have to toss everything together quickly or not answer much of anything. Coupling that with explaining what the fuck is going on with the parallel storylines.... it's messy. If he ended it here it'd be another classic example of a Japanese writer ruining a fantastic series with an unsatisfying ending.
Old 2008-08-21, 07:53   Link #1499
suki-gin
AnimeSuki Lurker

Send a message via AIM to suki-gin Send a message via MSN to suki-gin
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
The problem is I don't think it could be considered "Great" if they ended it next volume, there are so many unanswered questions that in order to cover everything in one volume they'd either have to toss everything together quickly or not answer much of anything. Coupling that with explaining what the fuck is going on with the parallel storylines.... it's messy. If he ended it here it'd be another classic example of a Japanese writer ruining a fantastic series with an unsatisfying ending.
I agree
Haruhi is a great series and while, yes, all good things come to an end.. there are just too many loose ends at this moment.
Volume 10 would have to be at least 3 books think to come up with enough answers...

Then again, a strange, whacky ending could be a good thing for Haruhi. An opportunity for the fans to continue ideas for 'an ending' and so forth...

Well, this is my opinon, at least.
Old 2008-08-21, 08:53   Link #1500
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
All great things must come to an end. And with that said he can end the story whenever he wants as far as I'm concern just so long as he doesn't do a half ass job with it. All i ask for is simply a fitting ending and proper closure.

Now I stopped reading the novels at Live A Live, so i wouldn't know the latest details of the story, but I'm pretty sure if he's planned for it to end at the 10th volume then he's probably found some way to wrap it all up, be it good or bad. Hopefully moreso good rather than bad, unless of course he wants angry hate-mail and death-threats by the minute lol
No, there is no way he can wrap up the story satisfactorily in the next volume.

The only reason he probably wants to end it is because he's sick of it and wants to get back to Escape from the School.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Exactly, exactly. Not only this, but there's been a lot of foreshadowing for future brigade activities, like their next summer trip and the second movie, and not to mention that junior high school reunion that Sasaki mentioned.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen