Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-08-10, 16:20   Link #21
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasseru
If I had it my way. I would form a company that would be like a Partner Company or a Risk Company that will get rights to Animes and Games. That other companies don't have the guts to make for the U.S. and other places. But a company like that would maybe have really bad paid for its staff. Because of what Anime or Game they make could a effect their profit.

Unless the staff are Hardcore Anime Lovers and they don't care about being paid very little.
It's not just about not getting paid, it's about being in debt. If you invest in a license and then in the end can't sell much, you'd be in debt. It's almost like the employees would have to pay for the company instead of the company paying them ^^;
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 21:02   Link #22
Rasseru
I'm just like Shuuichi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
It's not just about not getting paid, it's about being in debt. If you invest in a license and then in the end can't sell much, you'd be in debt. It's almost like the employees would have to pay for the company instead of the company paying them ^^;
Yea your right about that part too.
Rasseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 15:34   Link #23
Rasseru
I'm just like Shuuichi!

Galaxy Angel Season 4

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...069#post289069

Chitose Karasuma's Rampages Galaxy Angel Season 4!!!

How far did they change Chitose?

Last edited by Rasseru; 2004-08-17 at 15:53.
Rasseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 04:24   Link #24
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Sorry for bumping but i got a question, does the three games have a good story and romance ? (i'm referring to Galaxy Angel, Galaxy Angel Moonlith Lovers, and Galaxy Angel Ethernal Lovers)
Old 2012-12-14, 05:12   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

This is quite the zombie you've resurrected...

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Sorry for bumping but i got a question, does the three games have a good story and romance ? (i'm referring to Galaxy Angel, Galaxy Angel Moonlith Lovers, and Galaxy Angel Ethernal Lovers)
I've 'heard' good things about it, but unfortunately I don't have first hand experience... At the very least I don't think anyone was severely disappointed in that aspect...

...Ah this also applies to the 'Second Generation' of Angels and their games.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 09:07   Link #26
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Oh yes, the entire Galaxy Angel game franchise, both trilogies, pretty much runs on romance. Some might even say to a corny level. (there are quite a few moments that come pretty close to the whole "Power of Love" thing )

The games are a combination of an Super Robot Wars game a little, and a lot of Visual Novel. BY part SRW, I mean they have action where you control the mechs against an enemy; the system isn't a rip-off of SRW or anything. (though the Emblem Frames in the first trilogy are clearly heavily influenced by a certain mecha series )

Anyway, if you're looking for story and romance, Galaxy Angel and Galaxy Angel II definitely deliver. I have all six games, beat them all long ago, and still go back to play them for the romance scenes.

Yes, I'm a sucker for romance.
Old 2012-12-14, 12:41   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow, have to say I didn't expect to see this thread revived. Pretty sure I came across the games and beat them in the interim .

But, I'd say the trilogy I played (the ones delorean2200 mentioned) were all pretty good. They definitely focused on the romance which certainly had its impact on the story . Would agree that a couple moments in a few routes did get a little corny, but damn it was pretty hilarious even then. So I'd say they are worth checking out if a good story/romance combination is what you are after.

Now I want to go track down that second trilogy.
Old 2012-12-14, 12:50   Link #28
xizro345
King's Justice

I respectfully disagree. I haven't played Eternal Lovers yet, but I did play the first two. The first game is pretty much ok until the romance angle gets into view, because it completely ruins (IMO) the interaction between characters. The second game is, quite frankly, a bit boring. The beginning parts for each character are really cringe-worthy material and it looks like they added "drama" for the sake of it. The ending points to the third game and I thought it was completely unsatisfying.
I haven't taken a look at the second trilogy, but what interests me more would be the reasons behind the third game, since it was released almost two years later than the previous GAII title and had a partial revamp of the character designs, from what I saw.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 13:00   Link #29
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Now I want to go track down that second trilogy.
www.play-asia.com

I do almost all of my JP game orders from this site. They have all six games, with all but the last one being Broccoli Best Quality. (cheaper price)
Old 2012-12-14, 13:20   Link #30
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Oh man, seeing this thread bumped reminds me that I still have to play the 2nd and 3rd games... :-/
Old 2012-12-14, 16:07   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
www.play-asia.com

I do almost all of my JP game orders from this site. They have all six games, with all but the last one being Broccoli Best Quality. (cheaper price)
Thanks, that will make it easy to pick up a copy when I've got some funds freed up .
Old 2012-12-14, 16:25   Link #32
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Well i only want to try those mentioned cause only those have an english translation from what i've seen, but if they all have romance, then are saves imported from one game to another ? Cause i see that they are a trilogy (meaning that they are all directly related) and i don't see how that works otherwise without breaking the story...

Or is each game independent from one another with just the same characters under different scenarios ?

PS: judging by most of the input given i think i would love it XD.
Old 2012-12-14, 16:32   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well i only want to try those mentioned cause only those have an english translation from what i've seen, but if they all have romance, then are saves imported from one game to another ? Cause i see that they are a trilogy (meaning that they are all directly related) and i don't see how that works otherwise without breaking the story...

Or is each game independent from one another with just the same characters under different scenarios ?

Yes they're all directly related but save files aren't imported.

The first game is a dating sim, the second and third game however lets you choose your lover at the start and then proceed from there. You can also pick no one because the second games usually include a new girl so if you pick no one, you're free to pursuit her without any messy breakups.

This should be the same for the [Second Generation] as well.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 16:34   Link #34
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Oh, that's awesome then XD, one more question then, how long are they ? How many hours would i need to play all three of them ?
Old 2012-12-14, 16:35   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:

Well basically the second and third games just carry on based on who you picked to romance in the previous game. The second game for example has a flashback/recap kind of thing at the start where you make a choice and that directs how your playthrough will go for that game. So it's less importing saves than just importing that choice.

Edit: Well that's what I get for leisurely typing .

As to length I can't recall myself.
Old 2012-12-14, 16:36   Link #36
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

That's just as fine as save import that would feel just right, my only question now remains how many hours would i need to play all three of them ? To know how to plan them .
Old 2012-12-14, 16:41   Link #37
xizro345
King's Justice

They're not particularly long, but not extremely short as well. It took me a couple weeks playing irregularly for each game.
Old 2012-12-14, 16:44   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Yeah, can only give a ballpark since they just save under date and not playtime. Pretty sure the first one is the longest. Based on saves I beat the third one in 2 days, but to be fair when I was playing I might have only stopped to sleep . It was a year ago so can't really recall how I was pacing or not pacing myself there.

They aren't too long, but considering that each Angel has her own route it adds plenty of replayability to all three games.
Old 2012-12-14, 16:49   Link #39
xizro345
King's Justice

I tried to do most of the routes in Moonlit Lovers, but stopped since most of them bored me to death (also, as I said, I prefer when all the characters are present).
I think my issue with the games is that I don't have a favorite - I like all the characters -, so I'd like to avoid choosing one but I can't.
Old 2012-12-14, 17:43   Link #40
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Played all three of them. Even recommended it to some people interested in this type of thing. It's a good ride overall, although I do "somewhat" agree it does get boring sometimes. Other times, it's quite interesting, especially during the fights (Moonlit Lovers and Eternal Lovers brings the real gameplay in).

So just saying, if you want something to pass the time. The games would be good to tag along. Time-length, they took me about 2-3 days each with a complete blitz I always do.