AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 108 61.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 26.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 5.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 4.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.56%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-27, 15:38   Link #221
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

I think that Kitamura move on [about Sumire issue] - but his romantic role in this anime is over [well, he's the subject of Taiga's crush, but I don't think that this couple will ever be together].
Old 2009-01-27, 15:48   Link #222
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

He can always be Ami or Minori's consolation prize though.
Old 2009-01-27, 15:57   Link #223
Fran~
floating away...

Now it's a real chance to both Taiga and Ryuuji to be with Kitamura and Minori... but, something tells me that will not be so simple.... and Ami is not fighting yet... well... in anime... but still...
Old 2009-01-27, 16:15   Link #224
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
He can always be Ami or Minori's consolation prize though.

IMO, huge work on JCStaff for making this not suck.
Old 2009-01-27, 16:34   Link #225
typhonsentra

I always thought Kitamura and Minori looked like a good pair. From the first book I thought they might get together from how close they seemed. Honestly, they get along better with one another than Kitamura does with either of his "Best Friends", Ryuuji or Ami.
Old 2009-01-27, 16:52   Link #226
Fran~
floating away...

Well, if you look for someone related to Sumire, that one is Minori, not Taiga or Amin.
Old 2009-01-27, 18:19   Link #227
Joe_fh

A really amazing episode.Well done to the animators as well the did an excellent job in portraing the feelings of the characters.

Let's start with Kitamura's confession.IMO he was really brave to do it in front of the whole school.By doing so he showed how much he really cares for Sumire adn that he is ready to do anything for her.On the other hand her response was a relly "amazing"(can't think of a word to fit there...it was intelligent and it took as much determination and bravery as the confession itself)

Taiga's reaction to that situation was amazing.At first you might think that Taiga is jelous and thats why she goes to fight with Sumire.However thi isn't the case.I see this as a sign of Tiaga's love for Kitamura.IMO this is how Taiga tryes to make the next step even though it's painfull.She needs to move forward and she loves Kitamura too much to watch him suffer when the girl he likes hasn't responded to him.She knows that she is not the girl he chose but still she confronts Sumire with one goal in mind-to make her take responsibiliti for hurting Kitamura's feelings even though that this might lead to Sumire cofessing her love to him.

On her part Sumire was great.A character with priorites and a deeply caring person.She knew that Kitamura woul leave everything behind for her and that's why she took it all upon herself.She hid her feeling deep inside eveen though it was painfull for her because she knew it wa for both their sakes.When Kitamura hear her reasoning i'm sure he was deeply moved and by what he said i think he meant that he understand her reasons and her feelings,and the fact hta he was crying IMO showed that he didn't want to let go but he had even fo SUmire sake.

The figh scene was excellent too.It was pefectly animated showing the determination of both the girls and showing their deep emotions (especially Taiga's)All the blood the sweat and tears wouldn't go to waste because they knew where doing it for their loved one.Each one for her own set of reasons.

The letter Tiaga sent to Sumire was Again IMO an apology and the fact the Sumire starte laughing was proof that she too understood Tiga's feeling and actions.

I hope the part with Minori and Ami will be uvailed more clearly in the nex episodes beacause at this point we can only spaculate what Ami meant by that.

congrats if you read this far XD (sorry for the really long post)
Old 2009-01-27, 18:25   Link #228
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Well, if you look for someone related to Sumire, that one is Minori, not Taiga or Amin.
i actually disagree with this. if i were to select a character who is in the same mold as Kanou, it would definitely be Ami.
Old 2009-01-27, 19:06   Link #229
typhonsentra

I dunno if I like the idea of what he did though. In real life, that'd put unfair pressure on the receive-y of the confession to accept even if he/she didn't like you back so as to not look mean/embarrass you.
Old 2009-01-27, 20:52   Link #230
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i actually disagree with this. if i were to select a character who is in the same mold as Kanou, it would definitely be Ami.
yes, i can agree at first, but what Kitamura saw in Sumire was that thing what he was looking for: fun, enjoyment, aventures... share with people. We already know how Kitamura sees Amin, is a nono... Maybe Taiga could it be, but i think that he will not go after her again, besides he also thinks that Taiga and Ryuuji are a couple.

It isn't just about an image (yes, Sumire and Amin shares similarities), it's about how Kitamura feels about each girl. It's just my personal observation.
Old 2009-01-28, 11:04   Link #231
Led_Zeppelin
Achilles Last Stand

Send a message via MSN to Led_Zeppelin
I do agree with Fran...

I think that Minori Really act like sumire...

The both try to not hurt the others because of their feelings (sumire try to not hurt Yuusaku and Minori try to not hurt Taiga)...

I think that Minori Reaction in the end of ep 16, is like someone how understand that she was worrying for nothing...

She believes that Taiga love Ryuuji (and until now we don't know that for sure) and becouse of that she felt guilty of falling for the "boyfriend" of her BF...

It looks like Sumire situation, she don't wanna hurt anybody and for that she repress her own feelings...

VIVA ZEPPELIN!!!!!!

Last edited by Led_Zeppelin; 2009-01-28 at 11:22.
Old 2009-01-29, 10:51   Link #232
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

This and the end of the previous arc were the best so far. Kanou's last scene was heartbreaking. I'm a little sad to see Sumire go. She's one of the best characters in the show.(I still can't imagine her as an astronaut though)

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2009-01-30 at 11:50.
Old 2009-01-29, 14:35   Link #233
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ohhhhh, I can. (I used to work at NASA in the 1980s). One of my favorite astronauts was sadly on Challenger (Judy Resnik) - smart, sarcastic, cursed like a sailor, cute - hilarious lady.

(images: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&hs=mHI&q=judy%20resnik&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi)
Old 2009-01-30, 10:37   Link #234
arkxkra
全力全開

good episode.
This episode was quite interesting, the fight was really nice >.<".

The thing bother me was Ami, is she like/love Ryuji? Because when she tell Minori, she seem like pain ....
Old 2009-01-30, 11:03   Link #235
typhonsentra

There are several interpretations for the pained look at the end. Most think she's trying to help Minori realize her feelings (I don't, at least in this particular instance).
Old 2009-01-30, 13:34   Link #236
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I interpreted it as double layered (her grimace). She's got her own desires but, how should I put it, has decided that everyone should really understand their true feelings?
Sort of like a race where your competitor has tripped because of a spectator and you *could* run on for the win, but stop to help your competitor up.
Old 2009-01-31, 01:45   Link #237
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I interpreted it as double layered (her grimace). She's got her own desires but, how should I put it, has decided that everyone should really understand their true feelings?
Sort of like a race where your competitor has tripped because of a spectator and you *could* run on for the win, but stop to help your competitor up.
But her Ami's words just seems so... malicious. I might have considered her doing a good deed by saying that, but how she treated Minori in EP17 changed my mind. And why will she regret doing so if she's full of heart?
Old 2009-01-31, 08:14   Link #238
typhonsentra

The way I interpreted it, the words in episode 16 were her momentarily losing herself by being mean out of selfishness and her actions in the next episode were her honestly trying to help Ryuuji/Minori to make up for it.

My basis for this is that this time what she was saying appeared to be carefully planned and not something she regretted saying after like before.
Old 2009-01-31, 09:09   Link #239
Miles Teg

You shouldn't be speaking about episode 17 in the episode 16 thread
Old 2009-01-31, 10:32   Link #240
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
man, i'm so touched by Kitamura. It's like Hinamori Amu only with firm confidence and heads up.

SumirexKitamura would have been interesting to see. says me :3
Closed Thread