AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-05-11, 12:41   Link #21
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This entire chapter seemed completely pointless. Just more of the same idealistic shit played in the exact same way we've seen a hundred times already. There's pretty much nothing in this chapter that hasn't been said already.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 12:43   Link #22
thedonkiluminati

This chapter was pointless, but I was amused by how Naruto chumped the Kyuubi at the end
Old 2011-05-11, 12:47   Link #23
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
This entire chapter seemed completely pointless. Just more of the same idealistic shit played in the exact same way we've seen a hundred times already. There's pretty much nothing in this chapter that hasn't been said already.
I still greatly enjoyed the interplay between Kyuubi and Naruto. And, concerning the narrative, these themes had to be reintroduced before Naruto starts fighting (we've just had constant fighting for the past 30+ chapters, so now we need a moment to reflect on what has happened and how it could possibly change).

That being said, it would have been nice for the chapter to end with Naruto/Kirabi encountering Tsunade and A (since this will now take up all of next chapter). Or, maybe even a little "kukuku" moment from Sasuke...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 12:53   Link #24
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Naruto never thought during the Nagato portion fo the fight. His answer then was simply "I'll find a way." (That's why I, and so many others, were so annoyed by the fights ending).
I know, but at least he was puzzled, if only for a moment...he let go of his "I'll stay stupid for the rest of my life" way of thinking and thought about growing up a bit. Now it's like it never happened, if Nagato could hear him now he'd shinra tensei him to the end of the universe.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 12:55   Link #25
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I know, but at least he was puzzled, if only for a moment...he let go of his "I'll stay stupid for the rest of my life" way of thinking and thought about growing up a bit. Now it's like it never happened, if Nagato could hear him now he'd shinra tensei him to the end of the universe.
Here's hoping he encounters Nagato and Itachi then so Naruto can reacquaint himself with his brain...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 12:57   Link #26
Slayerx

Kyuubi: "can you bare the hatred of your enemies"

Y'know that statement might actually have some meaning if this wasn't a black and white situation and if the enemy was actually human.

The enemies is made up almost entirely of clones and zombies... no one is gonna give two shits about the Zetsus and the zombies being killed... The clones are more like tools or machines who no one cares about. As for the zombies, they are either villians that no one cares for, or good people whose loved ones WANT to see them put to rest; hell the zombies themselves want to be put to rest.

The ONLY humans on the enemy side are Tobi, Zetsu, and Kabuto... All of them are villians with no loved ones so no one will care if they get taken down themselves. And then there's sasuke who has a few loved ones in Naruto and Sakura but he's the one person Naruto WON'T kill... So really the only hatred that Naruto must bare is the hatred of like 4 individuals.

Now if this was a more gray situation and Madara had thousands of loyal human followers whom had their own full lives, friends and families, THEN the kyuubi's words might have meaning. If Naruto were to kill normal people, then he would gain the hate of all of their friends and families and have to bare that hatred... now THAT could be a burden

Last edited by Slayerx; 2011-05-11 at 20:27.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 13:18   Link #27
herculan

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
No, I'm starting to think Sasuke will die (or at least vanish) after Naruto forces Sasuke to redeem himself (by helping to defeat Madara/Jyuubi?). I just don't see a way Naruto can justify Sasuke's involvement with an organization that almost literally destroyed the world (in fact, Akatsuki might still have the chance of destroying the world ).
I think uncounciously you know that sasuke's death is wishful thinking.
You'd simply find it a better novel if sasuke died, it wouldn't be realistic.

The truth is that the direction this manga has always gone towards is redemption.
Naruto will take in all the blame. After the war is over and sasuke redeemed himself to naruto and naruto only. Naruto will let himself get punched and kicked by all the people that have a grudge against sasuke. Sasuke will see that and finally accept naruto's friendship.

EDIT: Kishimoto really makes stuff up on the spot, have we ever seen the '1/2 jutsu handsign' that shinobi's use before sparring in the manga before?
Is it not weird that it was never used during the chuunin exam finales, tsunade vs naruto fight or the final naruto vs sasuke fight( because they did use the fingerlock at the end)

To me it seemed like fans complained about the gay fingerlock at the end of the naruto/sasuke fight so kishimoto cameup with an excuse

P.S.
Good chapter!!

Last edited by herculan; 2011-05-11 at 13:28.
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 13:40   Link #28
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

No matter how lame this chapter was, I still (always) enjoy seeing Kyuubi.
Old 2011-05-11, 13:57   Link #29
Lunarskylar

naruto's new name is scorpion of course
C'MERE BITCH

anyway i'll only accept this chapter if it leads to some retarded way of kyuubi co-operating with naruto so naruto has genjutsu immunity, that's all i ask
Old 2011-05-11, 13:58   Link #30
Alchemist007
*Author

I'll bet if there's anything to cause him trouble, it's more genjutsu.
Old 2011-05-11, 14:11   Link #31
Aqua Knight

This chapter clearly foreshadows Sasuke vs Naruto battle, but I read some of Kishi's interview's saying that they won't have the final fight, or that it will be a long time till they fight

Why include a flashback now unless Naruto is going to fight Sasuke in less than 10 chapters...
Old 2011-05-11, 14:13   Link #32
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Yeah even the great Kyuubi wanting to "help" Naruto realize he's an idiot. Guess that didn't work.

Watch when Naruto gets captured later.....Kyuubi's gonna be like "WTF DID I TELL YOU!"
Old 2011-05-11, 14:41   Link #33
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

This chapter was utterly pointless, just like having Naruto and Killer Bee become involved in the war has been. If you suffered through the recent flashback filler hell in the anime, it was exactly the same thing as this chapter. Instead of realizing that these people are telling him the right thing to do, he takes it as people trying to put him down. Naruto is not understanding what's going on here.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 15:17   Link #34
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

What happened to the sage seal on Kyuubi? Is the same author even writing Naruto anymore?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 15:24   Link #35
AnbuItachi

this is probably the worst chapter ever. the entire chapter is useless. and when did kyuubi start caring so much. and naruto is just being arrogant
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 15:26   Link #36
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
This chapter clearly foreshadows Sasuke vs Naruto battle
As if there hasn't been enough of that
Quote:
What happened to the sage seal on Kyuubi?
I think it's still there, but now Naruto handles it like a dimmer switch or something.
Old 2011-05-11, 15:30   Link #37
sayde

Anyone mind telling me what Naruto did to Kyuubi at the end of the chapter? Because I had a hard time figuring what or how he layed that smackdown on the fox.

That aside, I was intrigued by the chapter. I'm curious to know why Kyuubi would try to engage Naruto now of all times after what Naruto did to him recently. I would've assumed the fox would be so pissed, that they wouldn't be on speaking terms for awhile.

Is this the beginning of a subtle turning point in their relationship and a foreshadowing of another power-up? Dare I ask, is Naruto actually going to succeed in converting the Kyuubi? Because if he can do that, making Sasuke see the light should be a breeze. lol
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 15:49   Link #38
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Anyone mind telling me what Naruto did to Kyuubi at the end of the chapter? Because I had a hard time figuring what or how he layed that smackdown on the fox.
The way I saw it, he opened the cage and brought it down on its neck when the fox tried stepping out.
Quote:
I'm curious to know why Kyuubi would try to engage Naruto now of all times after what Naruto did to him recently. I would've assumed the fox would be so pissed, that they wouldn't be on speaking terms for awhile.
Kishi probably remembered that the kyuubi has a lot to do with hate and just wanted to make the connection.
Quote:
Is this the beginning of a subtle turning point in their relationship and a foreshadowing of another power-up? Dare I ask, is Naruto actually going to succeed in converting the Kyuubi? Because if he can do that, making Sasuke see the light should be a breeze.
I think Sasuke is more crazy and evil than the kyuubi right now...and no, not really expecting Naruto to conquer his inner demons, no matter how cliche it is. At least not until he finds an answer to the questions that are thrown at him.
Old 2011-05-11, 16:00   Link #39
sayde

Thanks for the informative replies Kafriel.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 16:33   Link #40
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
-Naruto casually walked over to the Kyuubi's cage as a sort of bait and then quickly jumped back out while the kitsune was lunging at him, thus getting its head stuck between the bars. At least I assume that's the case because if Naruto actually slammed its head to that position then he's gained 100 levels in badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
That aside, I was intrigued by the chapter. I'm curious to know why Kyuubi would try to engage Naruto now of all times after what Naruto did to him recently. I would've assumed the fox would be so pissed, that they wouldn't be on speaking terms for awhile.

Is this the beginning of a subtle turning point in their relationship and a foreshadowing of another power-up? Dare I ask, is Naruto actually going to succeed in converting the Kyuubi? Because if he can do that, making Sasuke see the light should be a breeze. lol
-I would personally love this to be true. The Hachibi did explain that even after taking one's chakra away, the Jinchuuriki and its Bijuu would try to one-up one another for a time. The fact that the Kyuubi chose to appear to Naruto instead of the usual reverse strikes me as unusual so who knows how far Kishimoto will go with it.

-That aside, I don't care how bad/good the flashback was or that it took up the majority of the chapter. Why? Because the interaction between Naruto and the Kyuubi was so damn awesome, that it makes up for any of the flashback's shortcomings. And just to think, the interactions between these two were very different not too long ago. And now? Naruto's looking the Kyuubi right in its eye (literally) and telling it to shut up and watch how he gets his work done.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion