AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-07, 02:48   Link #641
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 02:51   Link #642
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

The main character still has no personality
lol he only responds to people in sentences
Old 2011-10-07, 03:26   Link #643
bayoab

I found it disappointing due to the rushed pace which led to the sequence break. It doesn't make as much sense in this order as it did in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
All the Persona games are basically independent beside some cameos that will happen.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 03:42   Link #644
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

It felt like I was playing the game again due to the music...

TRIAL OF THE DRAGONNN
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 03:46   Link #645
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Even if I didn't play the game, I would have thought this was too fast. The main character barely talks, he made friends way too quickly, there's no sense of danger or mystery because the pacing is faster than Code Geass R2's, and on top of that, I barely know a thing about any of the characters introduced in this episode. I don't even think the basics of their characters were formed that well, making them pretty boring.
The main character rarely talks on the game as well. The pacing is fine, in-game was too slow IMO.

their characters, I think those who haven't played the game will know them soon enough. once you see the "shadows"
their real traits show after that. In-game we call it social links. As we go deeper in these so-called "Social Links", we get to know more about the background/past/character of each character.

the use of the game's music really hit me though, it's really nostalgic

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 03:54   Link #646
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
The pacing is fine, in-game was too slow IMO.
Yep, completely agree. The slow start of the game is common complaint even from people who love the game, good god if they were "faithful" to that start than we wouldn't have got to any action by episode 5 and the only people still watching would be game fans. Obviously they want to please the game fans but make no mistake people, this is being made to increase the fanbase as well as advertise the Vita version and the Persona 4 fighting game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
The main character still has no personality
lol he only responds to people in sentences
Yeah it's Idolmaster all over again, even though the choices in both games can actually give you someone with a personality of some sorts they'll just go with a blank slate and no romantic option so no one gets offended.. grow some balls anime directors.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 03:54   Link #647
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

If you want good game-based anime pacing, see the first half of Valkyria Chronicles, before A-1 butchered the story and budgeted animation.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 04:01   Link #648
Elestia

Meh, couldn't really get into the story or setting with so much happening in the first episode. Didn't get a real good feel of the character's personalities as well during their introductions, but again that can be attributed to the pacing of the show. As a fan of P3 and P4 I'll give it a couple more episodes, but this is starting to remind me of the ToA anime adaptation.
Old 2011-10-07, 04:08   Link #649
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I wonder if they'll introduce the new character for P4 Golden for the PSVita on the anime?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 04:09   Link #650
ninja_pintu

The episode certainly did feel disjointed at times but I still enjoyed it plenty. Maybe thats because I had low expectations due to negative reviews to begin with. Still the plot completely sucked me in. Yet there are a few problems with the show like it can't properly build its atmosphere due to rushed pace and also the protagonist is really hard to connect with(probably because he talks to less and shows very less expressions).

Hopefully the show will rectify these few problems as I did enjoy the episode very much

Also, the cast except the protagonist are really interesting and colorful. Especially Chie is pretty fun to watch
Old 2011-10-07, 04:15   Link #651
zero7090

anyone feel disappointed at how they poorly draw the character faces?
and ya rushing plot is sure rush
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 04:21   Link #652
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Did I just see...

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 04:24   Link #653
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

I'm more disturbed by the music. Though it's great they kept elements from the game (the calendar, for example) I was hoping for rearragement. Plus, it was way too loud compared to voices.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 04:27   Link #654
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yeah it's Idolmaster all over again, even though the choices in both games can actually give you someone with a personality of some sorts they'll just go with a blank slate and no romantic option so no one gets offended.. grow some balls anime directors.
Spoiler for Not really but just in case:
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 06:08   Link #655
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
I know, right?
The japanese voice acting is incomparably better, IMO. It's just that most people played the NA dub and are comfortable hearing those voices.
Its up to the viewer/gamer i guess.
Personally i think both sides are equal. The only thing i can really say is that i hate Rise's japanese VA (</3 Rie) and now love Chie's japanese VA .
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 06:35   Link #656
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
this is starting to remind me of the ToA anime adaptation.
Never and i mean never bring up TOA again!! lol

It was just one thing after another in that anime, it had the Aizens trademark "just as planned" in nearly every episode!! and i still cant believe they killed off that animal lover girl there was no need for it!!

opps srry wrong thread but Toa does that to me

*shakes violently*

And yeah i agree with everyone the pace of P4 anime is too damn fast and i would love if they veered off the game in regards to the MC give him a damn personalty!! Its an anime for godsake we need him to say more then "where are we" "ill leave him alone" and "uh"
Old 2011-10-07, 06:57   Link #657
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I didn't played the game. This first episode was so-so. Wish it won't be as boring as the first Persona.

Anyway , what are the glasses for ? if it's to see the shadows why the others can see them without glasses?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 06:59   Link #658
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Anyway , what are the glasses for ? if it's to see the shadows why the others can see them without glasses?
You'll notice he was able to see through the fog easily.
Old 2011-10-07, 07:00   Link #659
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The protagonist seems quite retarded. Oh! and during the battle (which I did not find short at all), it was like a fujoshi's wet dream...
Spoiler for scene from the first episode:
Haha, yeah, that scene was a bit suggestive. If Chie had been in Yousuke's place (a shame they had her faint), I'm sure shippers would be going crazy right about now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
6) That said, whatever extra voiced the girl on TV getting interviewed...LoL. I don't think even inhaling helium can make you sound like that.
Err, her voice was digitally altered so she would remain anonymous. Her voice actress doesn't sound like that

Regarding the pace, I agree the introduction was painfully slow in the game, but I still think it was too fast in the anime. We went from one extreme to the other. It would have definitely been better.
Old 2011-10-07, 07:02   Link #660
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well that was certainly rather...mediocre. But then the start was the weak point of the game as well so willing to cut them some slack. Would have been nice if the show had an actual budget though...Alot of shots in were already looking kind of iffy.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy