Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-04-05, 19:54   Link #1041
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onniguru View Post
Someone using photoshop to draw, of all things. Someone get this poor fellow a copy of SAI, or at least Illustrator, heh:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2908836

Using the eyedropper to copy colors from an official Miku image is handy, though.

Edit: Lol, when I first posted this I hadn't finished watchign the whole video. The sudden program crashing and what followed caught me by surprise .
!!!

T_T if that crash happened to me I would be cussing and not touch it for a while xD
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 22:42   Link #1042
wao
OK.

Quote:
Someone using photoshop to draw, of all things. Someone get this poor fellow a copy of SAI, or at least Illustrator, heh:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2908836

Using the eyedropper to copy colors from an official Miku image is handy, though.

Edit: Lol, when I first posted this I hadn't finished watchign the whole video. The sudden program crashing and what followed caught me by surprise .
What's wrong with using Photoshop? I agree that it's not the best either for vector (alright, it doesn't do vectors, only the path tool that's just raster) or easy, natural painting (I think Painter is better, I don't know about SAI but that's geared towards artists unlike Photoshop)
but it's still probably one of the best things you can use for drawing and painting! I do all my art in Photoshop, anyway. <_<

And LOL errors Oh god, I totally know that feeling... never gotten C++ but I've gotten instances of "There is not enough space on the scratch disk to perform this operation" when working with large files/many layers over a long time. And god it sucks when you've been so engrossed in drawing that you forgot to save... the picture is there just in front of you and you can't do anything to it (not even take a print screen). ;_; I once lost an entire picture thanks to this and got so annoyed I didn't draw for the rest of the week, heheh.
Now I work a bit faster compared to those days so when I finish with one color I've made it a habit to Ctrl+S. When things start going slowly it's a clear sign to save, and restart Photoshop before the error comes out.
Old 2008-04-06, 11:38   Link #1043
Onniguru

I wouldn't take anything I say regarding graphic arts to heart, if I were you...I'm not a graphic artist. I dabble in video encoding (ie: anime encoding) using Avisynth and Megui, and am self-taught at using programs like photoshop and illustrator, but I'm not a professional in that field. My formal training is in programming business and scientific software (ie: Im an old-school CS grad). I write programs programs in C++, Java, C# (webapps mostly for this), Perl (web only), PHP (web only), etc. I even know a little assembly language from way way back, and have training in (but of course do not use) languages such as Pascal, Fortran, ADA etc.

Meanwhile, in Mikumiku land:
OMG...they have a weekly rating now for mikumikudance

I tried mikumikudance...I was able to get everything to work except the avi import function. I even imported a windows media 9 file packed into an avi like the tutorials suggested (not exactly the most common combination)...but still did not work. All other features worked for me though, including the lipsyncing to a .vst file, which is cool

Edit: Don't think its a weekly rating actually, but all time for mikumikudance.
The most disappointing part was that more than half the videos were caramelldansen...its nice, don't get me wrong, but I would like a little more variety

Wow, all day has passed, and no new posts in this thread Guess I'm adding more to this post, then...

Below is the background I've been creating for my Cobits OP sung by Miku. Its made from 3 layers; the only thing I drew from scratch were the chi-ears on Miku. I'm pleased with how miku-chi looks, but not with the background. Guess I'll have to try and think of a different concept... Myabe I could get rid of the line-art of Chi, shrink Miku, flip her, shrink her, and stick her in the upper left corner, looking toward the screencap scene. The only thing I don't like about that idea is Miku is the "main focus", and if I make her any smaller, she'll lose some of that focus I would think.

Last edited by Onniguru; 2008-04-06 at 17:47. Reason: sheez no one posting all day :(
Onniguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 05:24   Link #1044
wao
OK.

Nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooo

Even TakeOnP whose debut work on niconico was a well-behaved Kaito cover of a-ha's Take On Me (it's been mentioned some time back), that TakeOnP whom people thought would not succumb...

...has also got spring fever.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2922115

I knew that Pants☆1000yen was a popular soramimi/mondegreen for "what to say and" but now it's invaded the song. And the video. Great.
Old 2008-04-07, 06:47   Link #1045
faustianideals
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heresiarch View Post
Awesome! I'd love a MP3 version of that. <_<;
faustianideals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 08:40   Link #1046
Heresiarch

I used nicomimi.com to extract a MP3 from it, and the quality is excellent.
Heresiarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 11:53   Link #1047
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooo

Even TakeOnP whose debut work on niconico was a well-behaved Kaito cover of a-ha's Take On Me (it's been mentioned some time back), that TakeOnP whom people thought would not succumb...

...has also got spring fever.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2922115

I knew that Pants☆1000yen was a popular soramimi/mondegreen for "what to say and" but now it's invaded the song. And the video. Great.
Because VIVO grabbed TakeOnP along the way. (According to the upload time, anyways. xD )

[ニコニコ] 【KAITO】片道きゃっちぼーる(Short.ver)

*is moe'd over a shota(?) KAITO-looking creature with a ~25-ish voice*

Tag: 本気KAITOマスターズ全滅のお知らせ

ぶっちぎりP doesn't have any KAITO neta, but his Rin... xD
DARS also doesn't have any KAITO neta, but the ochi at the end of Chillyditty. >_>

Utawa Sakura aside (don't really like her, yea >.>a ), nameless utahime:

[ニコニコ] 初音ミクオリジナル「Soar」を歌ってみた

Ryoko and MachigeP's utatte mita:

【gdgd】カンタレラ歌ってみた【gdgd】 - Drunk. xD
カンタレラC・K styleを歌ってみた by マチゲリータ - Ero voice warning.

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-04-07 at 15:02.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 12:49   Link #1048
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Ok, I've toiled to create a more complete demo of using Vocaloid as a rewire device in Cakewalk's Sonar 6.

Its very long at 7 minutes+, but in the last couple minutes you can hear the audio results of the effort

While your at it, be sure to check out This Video of the Soukyuu no Fafner OP, sung as a Rin/Len duet (video has been out for some time, so you may have already heard it). IMO, I like it more than the original

Update: I've been viewing my demo video that I put up on youtube, and I'm kinda coming to the conclusion its kinda....boring. Problem is, with the youtube degradation of video quality, you can't make out the text on the menus being selected. It needs someone talking, describing what is going on, or at least some background music during the early part of the video. As it currently stands, my current sound card won't support both line-in and microphone recording at the same time; ergo any voice tutorials would have to be added after the fact. I might do such as some point.
Is this Sonar 6 software a music synthesizer? I dont understand what you did there, is it possible for you to give short written instructions? xD

I made a Miku song, but everything is done using her voice because I didnt know how to make the background music (and was too lazy to learn I guess). But I hope to have some actual music for my next project xD.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2934783

or

Old 2008-04-08, 15:54   Link #1049
Onniguru

Nice work getting 'em to sing english parts understandably like that ...that can be hard with Miku. Some parts the vocals rise in volume suddenly, try loweriing the dynamics in those parts...otherwise really nice work

Yes, Cakewalk Sonar 6 is a music synthesizer/mixer/sequencer/all around music production studio software suite (*pant pant*).

So is FL Studio, although in FL Studio in more on the synthesizing and less on the sequencing (FL studio was originally for created loops).

Sonar is what I use to mix the Vocaloid tracks with the background instrumentals, the background instrumentals (except for the percussion) being from a midi file I got from...er some website...I'll have to look it up.

The problem with youtube is that the video is too blurry for you too really see what Im doing in the tutorial. I'll make a new (better) tutorial someday, but it won't be for awhile; I'm going to be busy over the next month at least.

Meanwhile, I have the background image ready for the song I was doing, and in fact would already have it up, if I wasn't so busy posting anime RAWS to my bittorrent site and youtube the past few days, heh.

[offtopic]
BTW I use Moyea mostly for my flash encodes. It can read any video file type (including h264 in an mkv container) and using the latest VP6.4.2 encoder to create the .flv, with lots of options for tweaking the settings. Hence, for a given bitrate, the quality of the flash created will be substantially higher than for most flash conversions out there. For my .mkv encodes I used avisynth, of course, and medgui.[/offtopic]

Finally: just found this new song on nicovideo. Litterally...the name of the song is "brand new song", heh
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2940687

Edit: And here it is! The Chobits OP I've been working on, complete with background image...

Last edited by Onniguru; 2008-04-08 at 23:49. Reason: Add the song/video I've been working on...
Old 2008-04-08, 20:47   Link #1050
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

こすもたんキタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━!!

[ニコニコ] 初音ミクオリジナル曲 「初音ミクの消失(LONG VERSION)」

SOMEONE GO SING IT

............FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T MIND FUNDOSHI!!!! (sorry hyper)

[ニコニコ] 【KAITO】 奇跡の海

Supposedly one day only.
Old 2008-04-08, 21:39   Link #1051
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
こすもたんキタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━!!

[ニコニコ] 初音ミクオリジナル曲 「初音ミクの消失(LONG VERSION)」

SOMEONE GO SING IT

............FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T MIND FUNDOSHI!!!! (sorry hyper)

[ニコニコ] 【KAITO】 奇跡の海

Supposedly one day only.

1st song: Win. Nuff said

2nd: I couldnt concentrate on his singing.. and thats a BADDDD sign xD

Great finds! thanks.
Old 2008-04-09, 00:03   Link #1052
Onniguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post
1st song: Win. Nuff said

2nd: I couldnt concentrate on his singing.. and thats a BADDDD sign xD

Great finds! thanks.
Agree...gonna have to leave that one for the girls to watch. My eyes are still bleeding

Any comments about my latest video? It seems folks on youtube were rating my earlier work *higher* than my more recent stuff. Maybe they don't like the single unmoving background image...its boring and I'm no artist.

However it could be the audio mix too...the latest one sounds hollow when compared to the 0.6 mix, and the background to vocal volume changed for the worse somehow. But 0.7 also has Miku in her 'normal' range, whereas 0.6 has the last of the "barratone" Miku vocals (ie: down an octave). So if folks here also think the audio is getting worse, I would like to know...

Last edited by Onniguru; 2008-04-09 at 00:21. Reason: spelling clarity
Old 2008-04-09, 00:11   Link #1053
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Agree...gonna have to leave that one for the girls to watch. My eyes are still bleeding

Any comments about my latest video? It seems folks on youtube were rating my earlier work *higher* than my more recent stuff. Maybe they don't like the single unmoving background image...its boring and I'm no artist.

However it could be the audio mix too...the latest one sounds hollow when compared to the 0.6 mix, and the background to vocal volume changed for the worse somehow. But 0.7 also has Miku in her 'normal' range, whereas 0.6 has the last of the "barratone" Mikus vocols. So if folks here also think the audio is getting worse, I would like to know...
well tbh I couldnt quite make out what Miku was singing, and I have never watched Chobits (neither do I intend to), so I have nothing to compare it with. With that said, Miku sounds cute enough hehe, not too realistic though, but once again, im not sure if that was intentional.
Old 2008-04-09, 00:31   Link #1054
Onniguru

Yes, but does
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-csuJ1-Ty4
sound worse than:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-fR2_q183E
or better? Ie: which one is better, which is worse, between these two.

NVM: The earlier one definately sounds clearer to me.

BTW the original, which is of course MUCH better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pSEr6itMpk
Competition, which uses the original audio track (as heard above), except for the vocals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi th... I like to moo

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by Onniguru; 2008-04-13 at 16:55.
Old 2008-04-09, 07:30   Link #1055
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Yes, but does
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-csuJ1-Ty4
sound worse than:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-fR2_q183E
or better? Ie: which one is better, which is worse, between these two.

NVM: The earlier one definately sounds clearer to me.

BTW the original, which is of course MUCH better:
Competition, which uses the original audio track (as heard above), except for the vocals:

Thanks for your input.
The earlier one is clearer

And you posted two links to the same original xD
Old 2008-04-09, 18:04   Link #1056
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Not new. Completely not new, at all.

Let's get the oldest P-named vocaloid video on Nico Nico into Hall of Honor. Only about 240 views left. Having it archived before the tour ends is probably not gonna happen, but either ways, let's get it there.

[ニコニコ] おっくせんまん! 歌わせてみた(VOCALOID ver.)

MEIKO version of Okkusenman, upload date: April 5, 2007 @ 00:12.

12:58 AM EST update: Ooooooh View currently at 99,940! Almost there!

And accomplished. Grats, nee-san!!!

Edit: Anima, what the hell? xDDDDDD

One night. ONE night. I did expect you to sing it. But ONE night? Dude. xDDDDDDD

[ニコニコ] 初音ミクの消失 Full -DEAD END- 歌ってみた【あにま】

PS: The first one to sing it is not Anima, surprisingly. I lied. Anima was the first one to sing it. He deleted it twice before settling to the current sm. The first version was uploaded on the 9th.

Say hello to 裏コマンダーP. xDDD

[ニコニコ] 初音ミクの消失を歌ってみた by 裏コマンダーP

↑UraCommanderP freeeeeedooooommm..... xDDDDDD

Edit: SignalP new um, series. xD

[ニコニコ] 【初音ミク鏡音リン】Summer Rain【アサクロイド01】

Love SignalP's Rin.

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-04-10 at 02:34. Reason: あにま、あんたジェバンニかよ!?wwww / Okkusenman update
Old 2008-04-11, 14:34   Link #1057
LegendaryWarriorRipt
Destiny Awaits...

Hello people! I'm Back!
And with a little reserch help:
Found this cutie pies of parodies of Vocaloids called X-Loids... ever heard of them?
Spoiler for X-Loids:

Unfortunatly didn't found any vids... so I asume this is only FanArts like Haku Yowane or Akita Neru
LegendaryWarriorRipt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 07:17   Link #1058
Bou
Nyoron~

Bou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 03:43   Link #1059
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Xloids are probably fanmade.
Cute pics Miyoko *saves*

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 16:54   Link #1060
Onniguru

youtube been screwing up my uploads from nico lately, and even my own videos...either only uploading a few seconds, or unsyncing audio and video that is perfectly synced in the .flv being uploaded.

This is just a test of the emergency youtubing system. If this had been a real emergency, my face would be on fire, and everyone would be buying popcorn and soda to watch...

I haven't really done anything in vocaloid personally since March 23rd, and this condition is liable to continue for at least another week, due to being very busy. However, after that I might I might start doing stuff again, and even give mikumikudance another shot.

Last edited by Onniguru; 2008-04-13 at 17:48. Reason: Pie. Its always about the pie.

Tags
vocaloid