AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-08, 21:32   Link #281
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
So did only Vivid get a soundstage here, or are you just going by personal preference, Nagumo?
Side-T is earlier and Side-Y is later.so It's natural that Side-T is first.
Side-T:MC0079 just before the theatrical release
Side-Y:MC0082 about 2 years passed since Side-T
Old 2012-02-08, 21:35   Link #282
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINNSK View Post
Side-T is earlier and Side-Y is later.so It's natural that Side-T is first.
Side-T:MC0079 just before the theatrical release
Side-Y:MC0082 about 2 years passed since Side-T
What he said.

I was going to go with Side Y first but I noticed that Side T was chronologically first. So Side T it is.
Old 2012-02-08, 21:40   Link #283
Sunder the Gold

Hey, Nove called Subaru her older sister.

Didn't she swear she would never accept Subaru as the older one? I have no idea where I'm getting that from, though.

And if there are physical costume props, then that means the movies are live action.

That means there are real child actors playing Nanoha and Fate. Wonder about them?

(Or maybe adult actors using transformation magic.)
Old 2012-02-08, 22:19   Link #284
Justin_Brett

So there wouldn't be anything during Force in these, then?

Darn.
Old 2012-02-08, 23:05   Link #285
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post

That means there are real child actors playing Nanoha and Fate. Wonder about them?

If they ever appear in Vivid it might get me interested in it again.

So there's a possibility that they are still making the movie when it reaches the Force timeline. I wonder if it's an appropriate time to release the movie with everything that is going on at that time.
Old 2012-02-09, 02:37   Link #286
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIchiNi View Post
So there's a possibility that they are still making the movie when it reaches the Force timeline. I wonder if it's an appropriate time to release the movie with everything that is going on at that time.
the movies are being released on an unadministred world far away from all the chaos happening in Force so i guess there's no real trouble.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-09, 05:28   Link #287
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Didn't she swear she would never accept Subaru as the older one? I have no idea where I'm getting that from, though.
Maybe one of the soundstages, I'll check when I get home. Even by the time of SSX she had accepted Subaru as the older sister, albeit begrudgingly. By the time of Vivid, she's fully accepted her place in the Nakajima family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIchiNi View Post
If they ever appear in Vivid it might get me interested in it again.
Don't count on it. It's played for some semi-4th wall breaking laughs mostly. They're like the megami sound stages where the cast would answer questions from the viewers (as in us).
Old 2012-02-09, 14:07   Link #288
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

There are so many Sound Stages, holy... I don't think that I've finished reading even half of it yet, and it took well over 6 hours.

Other than the fact that I'm somehow ridiculously glad that I didn't get their characterization too wrong, there were some scenes that I felt particularly shocked at for their similarities with my story... >_>

3 in the morning... Probably should continue reading some other time...
Old 2012-02-09, 20:46   Link #289
Nagumo
Random Translator

finished Side T

I never realized how annoying Chris's twitchy noise is. I mean, how can Vivio stand it?

Track 8: This year’s future resolution/plans

Spoiler for Track 8:
Old 2012-02-09, 21:08   Link #290
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Thanks again for the job Nagumo. Apparently Earth is indeed the planet where the movie is getting produced(cause they're going to Arisa's place and all). Also thanks to Vivio i know now that there's zones designed for free flying.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-12, 10:05   Link #291
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:

And if there are physical costume props, then that means the movies are live action.

Nove had a hard time during SSX accepting that everyone decided that Subaru was the 'older sister' in the family meeting. She must have eventually gotten over it, I mean, how long can someone hold a grudge about being the younger?

as for the child actors... It's hard to say, I mean we are in a world where transformation magic is capable of turning 9 year olds into adults.

I'm under the impression that an experienced magical actress is using transformation magic to look like Nanoha and saving on mana by wearing the clothes. The rest of her magic is devoted to illusion magic to make pretty pink beams of doom and flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Thanks again for the job Nagumo. Apparently Earth is indeed the planet where the movie is getting produced(cause they're going to Arisa's place and all). Also thanks to Vivio i know now that there's zones designed for free flying.
Actually, I don't think it's earth per se.

They're going to watch the movie when it's finished at Arisa's place.

Doesn't mean that it was produced on earth, after all, they could get a copy/dvd of the movie and then teleport over to earth to watch it with friends and family.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-02-13 at 02:24. Reason: Please edit your post and refrain from double posting...
Old 2012-02-12, 12:03   Link #292
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

If they would put half the effort they put on these sound tracks to make more animes... The Marriage Incident had read quite interesting.
Old 2012-02-16, 20:37   Link #293
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
If they would put half the effort they put on these sound tracks to make more animes... The Marriage Incident had read quite interesting.
Too true... well, it's only true except for the ones that Megami sponsored.

I thought the Megami ones were boring as all hell and fanservicey.
Old 2012-02-16, 21:06   Link #294
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
Too true... well, it's only true except for the ones that Megami sponsored.

I thought the Megami ones were boring as all hell and fanservicey.
You mean the ones CERTAIN people claim are canon even though they disregard the 4th Wall and just pander to those same fans leaving the rest of us disgusted?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2012-02-16, 22:36   Link #295
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
You mean the ones CERTAIN people claim are canon even though they disregard the 4th Wall and just pander to those same fans leaving the rest of us disgusted?
The Megami are just a waste of my time, I demand the hours I spent translating them back. I like Nanoha, Fate and Vivio family moments too but you know, I was hoping for a bit of information like, I don't know, Fate helping Vivio out with magic and teaching listeners how people go about learning magic theory or Nanoha having a talk about Vivio about the difficulties some newbies have with flight magic or a particular students crippling fear of being blasted by her.

Or hell, maybe having a Hayate go on an alcoholic bender with Knight Carim as they run around the Sankt Kaiser Cathedral and desecrate/redecorate certain statues of saints while listeners learn about what the Belkan church is about and it's history.

I mean, there are hundreds of interesting ways the sound stages could have went that are interesting and unique. But the Japanese fans are way too fond of their cliches and standard issue bland fanservice.... never mind the fact it's freakin' audio fanservice. Throw in some damn image songs!
Old 2012-02-16, 22:54   Link #296
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Or hell, maybe having a Hayate go on an alcoholic bender with Knight Carim as they run around the Sankt Kaiser Cathedral and desecrate/redecorate certain statues of saints while listeners learn about what the Belkan church is about and it's history.
This. This! My kingdom for this!

...by the way, which disgusting, time-wasting Megami sound stage were you guys talking about?
Old 2012-02-17, 03:09   Link #297
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That's what they're called, the megami sound stages.

They're the "the cast answers questions from the readers/viewers" type sound stages.
Old 2012-02-17, 03:28   Link #298
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Oh, I thought it was "Sound Stages related to Megami magazine" or something

So does only the cast answer the questions or is it backed by Word of Tsuzuki?

And which pandering was this Megami SS responsible for? I recall two things frequently blamed to outside-of-the-anime contents (never knew which), the "Fate is a Prince!" and "the Takamachi Family includes Fate in it!" memes
Old 2012-02-17, 03:42   Link #299
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Oh, I thought it was "Sound Stages related to Megami magazine" or something

So does only the cast answer the questions or is it backed by Word of Tsuzuki?

And which pandering was this Megami SS responsible for? I recall two things frequently blamed to outside-of-the-anime contents (never knew which), the "Fate is a Prince!" and "the Takamachi Family includes Fate in it!" memes
They are sound stages related to megami magazine, that's why they're called the megami sound stages. Megami was where you got these sound stages, so to differ them from the 'regular' sound stages they were called megami sound stages.

All questions answered are supposed to be canon, but the 4th wall breaking means that the opinions on their canonicity are divided.

And frankly, said sound stages never answered anything vital. Some were even retconned by later installments.
Old 2012-02-17, 08:37   Link #300
Lycodrake

Quote:
Spoiler for Track 8:
...she mentioned Yuuno. Holy crap. =P