AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-10-23, 13:15   Link #9641
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
He gets mardy though if I don't talk to him, I told him we could try it but he said it feels like I don't wanna be with him.

I mean, I can try it [we can't speak until wednesday anyway]
Yeh, that's what I was saying. He might get it wrongly so better don't use this path in order to avoid missunderstanding.

Better try to follow AtomicoX advice and think of good things that are to come once he is back.
How often is he allowed to have a day off and stuff? You could try to make some plans for those days, think of something special you could do together, see together or talk about. I don't know, you could try to think of a small gift for him that he would be allowed to take with himself to the military.

Actually a hand made thing would be good because:
a) You will be distracted from your loneliness
b) You still will be thinking about him, carrying about him
c) It will take time to think of something and to produce it later, some kind of distraction
d) He should be happy, it shows that you actually care

If you are not really good at anything then it is an opportunity to learn something and try new things out. I think it should work as nice distractions since you are doing something different which is still connected to him.

Hanging out with friends is good but it doesn't really involve him in that process what makes it lonely. Try to do things that involve him at some point, not physically but mentally.

It is good to try variation of things, especially to try something totally new since it will be a totally new experience which can get your brain busy.

Just don't go too overboard with it like jumping with lastic and stuff
Extreme is good but not always

I believe that new experience and hobby could be a good try.
Old 2011-10-23, 16:44   Link #9642
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Question; how can I stop missing him so much?

My boyfriend is in the army, I've not seen him since July. I miss him sooo much! We talk often on facebook, we've had a couple of phonecalls. But I just miss him being here. I go out with my friends alot to 'keep my mind off him' but it doesn't work.

I just wanna be able to miss him but like not be upset about it.. if you understand.
The easiest and most effective way is to find another
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 16:50   Link #9643
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Glad it helped.

And yes, quite hard. But I know that, within a year, I will be able to see her much more and hopefully be together for a long time. It is what keeps me going and is what gives me strength.
I have to agree, he believes we'll last a long time, because we have a really good connection.. I guess that's what matters ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Yeh, that's what I was saying. He might get it wrongly so better don't use this path in order to avoid missunderstanding.

Better try to follow AtomicoX advice and think of good things that are to come once he is back.
How often is he allowed to have a day off and stuff? You could try to make some plans for those days, think of something special you could do together, see together or talk about. I don't know, you could try to think of a small gift for him that he would be allowed to take with himself to the military.

Actually a hand made thing would be good because:
a) You will be distracted from your loneliness
b) You still will be thinking about him, carrying about him
c) It will take time to think of something and to produce it later, some kind of distraction
d) He should be happy, it shows that you actually care

If you are not really good at anything then it is an opportunity to learn something and try new things out. I think it should work as nice distractions since you are doing something different which is still connected to him.

Hanging out with friends is good but it doesn't really involve him in that process what makes it lonely. Try to do things that involve him at some point, not physically but mentally.

I believe that new experience and hobby could be a good try.
I love the bolded part. Amazing idea; i think if i put my heart into doing something, maybe arranging something it'll make me feel good! I am going shopping for his bday present next weekend, so that should make me feel good too!

& he has weekends off usually.. but he can't afford to top up his phone at the moment ~ but at least I know we can talk on Wednesday!

But he is in Germany, and I am in England, so on days off.. unless he flies here to do something [which he can't really afford at the moment] means we can't actually spend proper time with each other.. which really makes it worse. Thanks so much for your advice ~ Meant a lot to me and I think it'll really help.

+Cookie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The easiest and most effective way is to find another

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 17:38   Link #9644
kitten320

Your welcome, was glad to help and hope that it will work
Old 2011-10-23, 20:13   Link #9645
Knightrunner

Miko Miko I'm kind of wondering if your sports person or a good cook?

I'm sure your bf would be athletically fit once he is done with training and he might need a runner partner to stay in shape. It's an activity that you can train for months, you don't need special skills, and you can speed lots of time with him with when he comes home. Plus, learning how to cook gourmet style foods always a plus since I'm sure he will be tired of canned foods ;D
Old 2011-10-24, 03:22   Link #9646
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Is this person even your friend?
Yeah, she's been a female bro for years now XD
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 04:54   Link #9647
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Female bros are awesome, you almost never
have a chance with them though.
Old 2011-10-30, 03:36   Link #9648
Samari
World's Greatest

A lot of hot looking girls in their Halloween costumes on the streets of San Francisco. Good times.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 17:55   Link #9649
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Miko Miko I'm kind of wondering if your sports person or a good cook?

I'm sure your bf would be athletically fit once he is done with training and he might need a runner partner to stay in shape. It's an activity that you can train for months, you don't need special skills, and you can speed lots of time with him with when he comes home. Plus, learning how to cook gourmet style foods always a plus since I'm sure he will be tired of canned foods ;D
He is already athletically fit.. and he can cook too!

But seriously, I am not a very sporty person, but I could probably stretch to doing something once or twice a week. & I am the worst cook EVER.. but I can learn.

It's a good job I have a nice personality. I have no skills.

Old 2011-10-30, 18:29   Link #9650
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Protip: Learn to cook! It's not just good for dating, it's improves your life all round!

There's a real feeling of accomplishment when you finish making something delicious and eat it.

With a little effort you can be eating restauraunt quality meals for 1/4 of the price (or more for snazzier places). Certainly beats microwave food.

It does take a bit of effort, but with practice certain dishes can be finished in under 1/2 an hour.

Stir Fry is particularly quick, and is a good one to start with. It's pretty easy to make dishes to rival any Chinese place. You can start by using store bought sauces, but with time you can learn to make your own.

Also a great way to get out of household chores...

Pretty much anyone can cook. It does take a little time and effort to get good at it and build up a "repertoire".
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 18:44   Link #9651
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
There's a real feeling of accomplishment when you finish making something delicious and eat it.
And then a real feeling of dread when you finish eating it and have to clean it up.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 19:46   Link #9652
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
And then a real feeling of dread when you finish eating it and have to clean it up.
Yes, but that's why Dishwashers are such amazing things...
Old 2011-10-30, 21:30   Link #9653
HasuMasu
*Artist

There's a machine that can wash dishes?
Old 2011-11-01, 15:59   Link #9654
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
He is already athletically fit.. and he can cook too!

But seriously, I am not a very sporty person, but I could probably stretch to doing something once or twice a week. & I am the worst cook EVER.. but I can learn.

It's a good job I have a nice personality. I have no skills.
XD

How about baking? It might be a good start for kitchen skills. There are many very easy receipts you could start with. Cookies and pies always have a homely feeling to them. Plus, it's the season for it anyway with chistmas coming close slowly.
You can also do it with friends or even your sweety if he happens to be there.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 16:23   Link #9655
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Yes, but that's why Dishwashers are such amazing things...
Actually its more complicated... because of the battlefield like condition of the kitchen, your dish washer is not cleaning it up for you.
Old 2011-11-01, 16:28   Link #9656
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
XD

How about baking? It might be a good start for kitchen skills. There are many very easy receipts you could start with. Cookies and pies always have a homely feeling to them. Plus, it's the season for it anyway with chistmas coming close slowly.
You can also do it with friends or even your sweety if he happens to be there.
I like baking cakes and biscuits and stuff, so I can do that ~ I just have to practise more!

Quote:
Protip: Learn to cook! It's not just good for dating, it's improves your life all round!

With a little effort you can be eating restauraunt quality meals for 1/4 of the price (or more for snazzier places). Certainly beats microwave food.

It does take a bit of effort, but with practice certain dishes can be finished in under 1/2 an hour.

Stir Fry is particularly quick, and is a good one to start with. It's pretty easy to make dishes to rival any Chinese place. You can start by using store bought sauces, but with time you can learn to make your own.

Also a great way to get out of household chores...

Pretty much anyone can cook. It does take a little time and effort to get good at it and build up a "repertoire".
Wow thanks ~ I will learn, I am sure my dad will help me learn to cook, maybe by helping him out with preparing and cooking food [something I didn't think of 'til just now] && will try my best to learn to cook ~

I could make it my new years resolution

Old 2011-11-01, 19:09   Link #9657
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
I like baking cakes and biscuits and stuff, so I can do that ~ I just have to practise more!

Wow thanks ~ I will learn, I am sure my dad will help me learn to cook, maybe by helping him out with preparing and cooking food [something I didn't think of 'til just now] && will try my best to learn to cook ~

Or you could just begin this week...

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 19:47   Link #9658
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:

Never too late, I only really started to learn when I was 21 (started with rice... served with rice, and a side of rice, pretty much ate that for a year...). There's some basic skills to learn, but they come with time.

I'll agree with zebra about baking. People will automatically like you more after eating one of your homebaked cupcakes.
Old 2011-11-01, 21:50   Link #9659
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
I'll agree with zebra about baking. People will automatically like you more after eating one of your homebaked cupcakes.
Not always a given...

... but when did this turn into a cooking thread? If you don't know how to cook, invest in a slow cooker. It requires some advance planning (your food won't be ready for 4-10 hours after you start preparing it), but you can dump all of your ingredients into it (including frozen vegetables and meat that isn't cut up) and just let it go. Mix it around when it's done - the meat will be soft enough that it rips apart easily - and there you go, a full meal, all made effortlessly. You can make a variety of foods with the slow cooker, and you can spice it up by combining it with food prepared via other means, too.

After a bit of a hiatus, I'm temporarily back on AnimeSuki for tonight because someone called me out for technical support. This thread always seems to be active, and I always check it... ah well, back to idling.
Old 2011-11-01, 22:14   Link #9660
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Apples are one of the easier fillings to bake with.

Whatever you choose to do, keep them light. If your guy is sporty, don't load stuff up on sugar. Keep him in shape!

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom