AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-22, 23:22   Link #1581
vin.dictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffith View Post
It's seriously ending next week? First I've heard of this. How far has it gotten through the manga?
Volume 19, chapter 187.

Although, you might want to revisit chapter 187 since some content has been cut to fit into the season finale.

Last edited by vin.dictive; 2014-03-23 at 03:24.
vin.dictive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 07:48   Link #1582
cyth
Banned

The way they wrapped up the last episode was pretty believable, other than that I'm happy Vince got to reach space. That being said, I'm not gonna miss the show. The last few arcs have been terrible overall, but a few really great episodes here and there made it bearable. I'll probably continue with it once the anime resumes, sure, but you won't see me crying over it.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 10:36   Link #1583
Mister Twit

Feel So Moon was always the best opening to me, so hearing it again was emotional. I didn't even know it was ending (on hiatus, whatever) until I saw that moment of the episode.

I will miss all of the awkward American stereotypes :P At least they got the look of an American pizza right. Eats a piece off cake!
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 17:57   Link #1584
RoboMambo

It's kinda weird to know I won't be watching Space bros next week.

A nice end. It really managed to work the emotions for the whole episode. The whole show worked well with that. For one, you don't get many stuff as optimistic and motivating as this.

Liked Hibito leaving for Russia. And Feel So Moon.
RoboMambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 00:36   Link #1585
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Looks like kindachi will be only 26 episodes long. So i can see Space Brothers coming back in October to match the movie release, although six months won't buy the anime staff a lot of extra room (the manga will be about 63-65 chapters ahead)...unless the author is thinking of finishing the manga next year or so.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 08:20   Link #1586
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Hibito went to Russia right?

DAT lolicon...
Old 2014-04-15, 07:57   Link #1587
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Teasers for the movie revealed

Quote:
Specifically, the film will explore the theme of bereavement and how people recover after losing a loved one, and how friends can support each other during this time of need. Hibito is confused as to why Brian Jay chose him, a rookie astronaut, to be his backup, and voices his worries that he isn't talented enough to fulfill such a role. Brian then leaves Hibito with the response: "You need to experience this tough and fun chance to your heart's content" before he goes to the moon. Then the tragic CES-43 accident ensures that the two will never meet again. After the accident, NASA begins to reconsider manned space missions.

Hibito then turns to Mutta, who is working for an automobile company, having abandoned his dream of becoming an astronaut. Mutta is running out of patience with his company, and he is transferred to the countryside. Mutta struggles with what to say to Hibito, who is grieving and feeling helpless, and he recalls words he said to Hibito when they were kids.
Earlier rumors suggested the film would focus more on the childhoods of the Nanba brothers. This plot sounds much more interesting to me.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 11:31   Link #1588
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Death Comes to Ladee
Quote:
NASA’s Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer spacecraft slammed into the moon early Friday morning, as planned, but a few days earlier than NASA officials expected.

What Ladee did not solve is a four-decade mystery. Some Apollo astronauts had reported seeing glowing light at the lunar horizon just before sunrise. The lunar atmosphere, just 1/100,000th the density of Earth’s, is too thin to scatter the light, so scientists thought perhaps enough dust had been lofted by electrostatic forces to do so. However, Ladee observed only minuscule amounts of dust, not enough to account for the glow.
Sounds like a job for Hibito!

Is there a bit of sexism involved in calling the Ladee "laddie" rather than "lady?" What's wrong with having female satellites? Unless they are "probes," of course.
Old 2014-04-18, 20:08   Link #1589
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, that's a nonsense spelling in English, but I think the pronunciation is a coin-flip.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 22:17   Link #1590
Gravitas Free Zone

And this looks like the suits they were using on the moon. Except for the glowing Tron bits.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 12:02   Link #1591
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

No trailer yet for the movie?
Old 2014-05-11, 18:10   Link #1592
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This is the closest thing.
Old 2014-05-18, 22:55   Link #1593
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

aw boo. That's no fun.
Old 2014-07-26, 07:30   Link #1594
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Movie trailer now up and a synopsis available at ANN. It is set four years before the television series and focuses on the relationship between the brothers Jay and Hibito. After the crash Hibito in grief turns to Mutta for support.

Old 2014-08-12, 07:17   Link #1595
cyth
Banned

Offtopic, but I wanted to link this really cool and inspiring story about ex-NASA engineers starting up an inactive satellite: http://betabeat.com/2014/08/civilian...ace-satellite/

Got me singing Feel So Moon~
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 08:53   Link #1596
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

An short OVA called "Apo's Dream" was released along with chapter 17 of the manga and has been subbed by Saizen. I found it on that "crazy" torrent site. It's about fifteen minutes long and contains a bunch of short stories about Apo and the Nanba family.

Update: I just found another OVA that was shown in planetariums around Japan that is also subbed by Saizen. This one focuses on the time the brothers thought they saw a UFO. They go back to investigate and meet a young girl named Hikari who spends the summer with them looking for UFOs and staring at the night sky. At the end they show a trailer to promote the TV show and remarkably include the rock-paper-scissors scene, though its sufficiently out of context to not really be a spoiler. I was a bit disappointed that, when the brothers and Hikari make wishes at the end, the boys wish to be astronauts, and the girl wishes for them to become astronauts as well.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2014-08-12 at 21:56.
Old 2014-08-22, 11:26   Link #1597
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Mutta gives Deneil Young an ice-water bath as part of the worldwide campaign to fight ALS: https://twitter.com/uchu_kyodai/stat...611520/photo/1

The tweet says it's "for Sharon."
Old 2014-08-22, 19:07   Link #1598
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quite fitting that Uchuu should participate in this of course, but I'm not sure the best target is the old dude with the cane...
Old 2014-08-22, 19:28   Link #1599
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Space Brothers has always been blind to those kinds of implications.... I'd rather have seen him give a bath to Hibito or maybe to the administrator at NASA who stood up for him when he applied to be an astronaut.

Of course, there is always the wet t-shirt approach with Serika. Mutta's hair would have been way out of control in that encounter. Sharon probably would approve of them as a couple, I think. Hibito and the Russian girl, not so much.
Old 2015-03-27, 19:54   Link #1600
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The real "space brothers," twins Scott and Mark Kelly, began an unusual mission today. Scott will spend the next year in the ISS, the longest any American astronaut has been in space, while brother Mark remains on earth. Because they are identical twins NASA will be able to monitor the effects of long-term exposure in space on genetic material.

http://www.ibtimes.com/pulse/one-yea...-space-1763625

Mark retired from NASA after his wife, former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, was shot in the head during a meeting with constituents in Arizona in 2011. The couple have since devoted themselves to pressing for gun control, sadly with little to show for their efforts so far.

Tags
science fiction, seinen