AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-22, 02:38   Link #1
Alex Ikari
Berserk Knight

Good Romance Anime

Hehe, well I'm completely out of new Anime to watch after skimming from #-Z at animenewsnetwork.com/ and I just don't have the heart to look again. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations in case I missed a good series while looking around. Here's a list of most of the Anime I've seen up to date.

Favorite series
Fate/Stay Night
Full Metal Panic
Shakugan no Shana
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Zero no Tsukaima - Only 7 out of the 13 episodes but it's been AWESOME so far.
Final Approach
Zoids: New Century Zero
SoulTaker
08TH MS TEAM
FLCL
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Gundam Wing

Generally good series but weakened by bad animation, pairings, endings, etc.
Da Capo
Canvas 2
Erementar Gerad
Shuffle!
Tsubasa Chronicle
This Ugly And Beautiful World
Gundam Seed
Samurai Champloo
.Hack//SIGN
Air
Elfen Lied
DN Angel

At this point I'm basically looking for a series with romance, a bit of a harem, comedy if possible, nice animation, and a generally good plot. As for the length, I'm not too picky on that, I'd just like it to be at least 6 episodes but nothing over 30. It'd also be nice if the episodes weren't 10-15 minutes like Final Approach. In the end though, I can deal with any length issue as long as the story's good, the only real things I'd prefer not having to deal with are too much fanservice (IE:Shuffle!), nudity, and 'stuff' of that nature.

Something like Zero no Tsukaima or Shakugan no Shana would be great. Thanks and I'm sorry if this was asking too much.

Last edited by Alex Ikari; 2006-08-22 at 17:51.
Old 2006-08-22, 02:48   Link #2
jedinat

Chobits
Midori no Hibi
Mahoromatic
Onegai Teacher
Gunparade March

You might like one or more of those...
Old 2006-08-22, 03:18   Link #3
Alex Ikari
Berserk Knight

Ah thanks for the tips. Unfortunately I heard the Anime version of Chobits was pretty dull though, and Midori no Hibi doesn't look very appealing. I've thought of getting Onegai Teacher but I can't seem to really find it. On the other hand, Mahoromatic and Gunparade March look really promising. Thanks again.

Last edited by Alex Ikari; 2006-08-22 at 16:37.
Old 2006-08-22, 03:48   Link #4
jedinat

Well I thought the anime version of Chobits was better than the manga... and Midori no Hibi is quite entertaining. But to each their own

Oh, and as to Gunparade March... the first episode was kinda boring, imo, but the second ep hooked me and i watched it all in one sitting
Old 2006-08-22, 04:37   Link #5
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

On Gunparade March: If you end up liking it, don't be fooled into thinking the sequel (Gunparade Orchestra) is anything like it or anywhere near as good. It's not. It sucks. Just fair warning before you waste time downloading it
Old 2006-08-22, 08:54   Link #6
Grungir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ikari
Ah thanks for the tips. Unfortunately I heard the Anime version of Chobits was pretty dull though, and Midori no Hibi doesn't look very appealing. I've thought of getting Onegai Teacher but last I checked (3 weeks?) there wasn't really a complete version when I searched on isohunt. On the other hand, Mahoromatic and Gunparade March look really promising. Thanks again.
Give Midori no Hibi a try... I thought it was going to suck when I first started watching it. I think it is right up there with my favorite anime now.... I dont think Ive rooted so hard for everything to work out since I watched Robotech.
Old 2006-08-22, 12:43   Link #7
Shakugan no Shana
Zoroastrian

~Aishiteruze Baby
It has Romance in it... Even though some wouldn't call it that, I still love it.
Old 2006-08-22, 13:08   Link #8
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
kimi ga nozomu eien ~ beautifully tradgic love story in a realistic way...but dnt watch if you have heart problems j/k

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-22, 15:12   Link #9
MamoruUsagi

Romance anime/manga is the best series. All of the series I am recommending are longer than you asked for, but all good romance is long, a good romance story is where the couple gets together early on in the series, gets engaged and gets married.

Sailor Moon
Bokura ga Ita
Fushigi Yuugi
Ceres Celestial Legend
Mars
High School Debut
The Devil Does Exist
Kare First Love
Happy Hustle High
Marmalade Boy
Peach Girl
Doubt!!
Absolute Boyfriend
Fushigi Yugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Kare First Love
Wild Act
Missile Happy!
Sand Chronicles
We Were There
Ultra Cute
Paradise Kiss
Mars
Sensual Phrase
Happy Hustle High
Ultra Maniac
Akuma De Sourou
Land of the Blindfolded
His and Her Circumstances
Punch!
Kare Kano
B.O.D.Y
Kaikan Phrase
Love Attack
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Sailor Moon R
Sailor Moon S
Sailor Moon SuperS

Sailor Moon

I really like Tuxedo Mask. I was a fan since 1995

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon

200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action version

The main couple become boyfriend and girlfriend, share lots of romantic kisses, get married and have a child. Tuxedo Mask is the best.

Fushigi Yuugi

Wonderful manga series. The manga is 18 volumes. All 18 volumes are wonderful. The anime only goes up to volume 13, so read the manga. It's 18 volumes. The main couple become boyfriend and girlfriend, share lots of kisses, get married and have a child.

Fushigi Yugi

The manga is 18 volumes. All 18 volumes are wonderful. The anime only goes up to volume 13, so read the manga. It's 18 volumes. The main couple become boyfriend and girlfriend, share lots of kisses, get married and have a child.

Ayashi no Ceres

Tha manga of Ayashi no Ceres is great. The anime cuts out half the plot and takes away so much of the story. In the manga, the main couple become boyfriend and girlfriend, elope, have sex and have a child. The manga is great, don't watch the anime, it takes out so much. Read the manga.

Marmalade Boy

Great series.

High School debut

Good series

Kare First Love

Good manga series.

Mars

Realistic romance series

The Devil Does Exist

Realistic romance series

Kare Kano

Different series.

Happy Hustle High

A good manga series. Romantic and cute.

Mars

A serious romantic manga series

Bokura ga Ita

Great realistic romance series.

Peach Girl

A manga series everyone can relate to

Absolute Boyfriend

Good series.

Ultra Cute

Love Attack

Sensual Phrase

Mars

Kare First Love

The Devil Does Exist

Akuma De Sourou

Bokura ga Ita

Great realistic romance series.

Good series.

Wild Act

Romance.

Fushigi Yugi

is a great series. It has lots of romance and is 18 volumes long. All 18 volumes are wonderful. The love story is wonderful. I have read all 18 volumes and the series is so special. Here are links for information about some of the series.

Wild Act

Great romance series.

Fushigi Yugi

Marmalade Boy

All romances I recommend are boy/girl romances. I've read a lot of romance manga, there are so many I've read.

I love romances with weddings and where the couple gets married.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-07-09 at 12:30.
Old 2006-08-22, 16:25   Link #10
jedinat

@MamoruUsagi - Your posts are always so... repetitive. No offense meant, but I think its something you could work on
Old 2006-08-22, 16:35   Link #11
MamoruUsagi

The reason all of my posts look the same is because I always give the same kinds of recommendations, romance recommendations. Since the same suggestions are asked by many different people, romance suggestions, I often give the same ones and descriptions. I want to give a fast description and rewrite my descriptions. I copy and pasted one twice because I had written the name of a series in two different forms (The translated form and original title). Before the whole account deleting thing on this board, I had a different username and contributed to various discussions in topics, so my posts were less repetetive. When the accounts and messages were deleted, I made a new account and figured that since all the topics I posted in were gone, I should just use this account to give romance suggestions to those who need them. So that's why all of the posts I made give the same suggestions and are similar. If I was a regular user here, I would be able to write regular posts, not repetetive ones, but I want to give suggestions for series as fast as possible. Thank you for kindly pointing that out, though. If there were more people who'd give suggestions like mine, I wouldn't have to make these posts, but I feel like I need to so these wonderful series are read by people.
Old 2006-08-22, 16:42   Link #12
Alex Ikari
Berserk Knight

I've actually seen Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, honestly I was in love with the series until the plot started to darken. I got so pissed when Mitsuki cheated on Takayuki that I just deleted the whole thing right afterwards. Oh and like I mentioned, I can be pretty open to the length, Gundam Wing and Seed for example were about 50 episodes each and they were generally good. (KiraCagalli!) I'd just prefer if the series didn't reach Sailor Moon or Inuyasha lengths. x.x Thanks for all the suggestions!
Old 2006-08-22, 17:13   Link #13
MamoruUsagi

Manga is more romantic than anime.

Fushigi Yuugi, 18 volumes has much more romance and story than the anime. It's very emotional.

Happy Hustle High is a cute manga that's short. Marmalade Boy is also short.

There are epic, touching stories, Fushigi Yugi and shorter stories, like Doubt! or Marmalade Boy. Kare Kano and Kare First Love are two different series with similar titles. Kare Kano has 21 volumes, but the anime only goes up to volume 7. Kare Kano is a series you'd probably like.

Sensual Phrase, Ayashi no Ceres, Mars and Kare First Love are some manga that have very mature topics.

Fushigi Yugi is something I'd recommend to all fans of romance, as long as you read the manga.

High School Debut

Bokura ga Ita

Mars

Kare First Love

The Devil Does Exist

Ultra Cute

Paradise Kiss

Wild Act

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-04-16 at 21:29.
Old 2006-08-22, 17:46   Link #14
Alex Ikari
Berserk Knight

I've actually seen a little of Kare Kano, I'm not sure if it was a bad version or something but the animation was worse than Evangelion, and although it was apparently dubbed, it also had subtitles that were somewhat different from the dialogue...needless to say I pretty much stopped watching it after 3-4 minutes of the first episode.
Old 2006-08-22, 17:46   Link #15
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamoruUsagi
The reason all of my posts look the same is because I always give the same kinds of recommendations, romance recommendations.
Actually I could be wrong, but I think jedinat was referring to the fact that you recommended Fushigi Yugi four times in the same post (and a couple of other series twice) - not that you keep recommending the same things. I think pretty much everyone recommends the same list of five or six things. Nothing wrong with respecting the classics.
Quote:
Fushigi Yuugi
Wonderful manga series. The manga is 18 volumes. All 18 volumes are wonderful. The anime only goes up to volume 13, so read the manga. It's 18 volumes. The main couple become boyfriend and girlfriend, share lots of kisses, get married and have a child.
Fushigi Yugi
The manga is 18 volumes. All 18 volumes are wonderful. The anime only goes up to volume 13, so read the manga. It's 18 volumes. The main couple become boyfriend and girlfriend, share lots of kisses, get married and have a child.
Quote:
Fushigi Yugi
is a great series. It has lots of romance and is 18 volumes long. All 18 volumes are wonderful. The love story is wonderful. I have read all 18 volumes and the series is so special. Here are links for information about some of the series.
Fushigi Yugi
Old 2006-08-22, 18:21   Link #16
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

"another series" and "a good series" really doesn't tell the potential viewer much either

I'll recommend Tsukuyomi Moon Phase and say:
A quirky romance about a photographer who tangles up with a young vampire. It has the odd nature of being quite funny and seriously tragic/sad and yet it works. It also has one of the most mind-sapping catchy OPs you might ever encounter and the EDs (several) are quite wistful.
Old 2006-08-22, 18:38   Link #17
DanielSong39

Don't forget about the classics, like Maison Ikkoku, KOR, and Touch.

Haven't seen enough of the latter two but the former is still the gold standard when it comes to romance anime.
Old 2006-08-22, 19:39   Link #18
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Actually I could be wrong, but I think jedinat was referring to the fact that you recommended Fushigi Yugi four times in the same post (and a couple of other series twice) - not that you keep recommending the same things.
Yeah, I was mostly refering to that... even got another two Fushigi recommendations two posts down. That, and the repetition of sentences, words and descriptions... but hey, its all good I guess.

My own opinion on that series (manga, anime, w/e) is that it is just sooo cheesy! From those of Yuu Watase's works I've checked out, for the most part it seems her characters fall in love just for the sake of falling in love... I don't feel any sense of genuineness from her characters... I dunno, the best description I can come up with for it is "cheesy"

(and her heroines are annoying! )
Old 2006-08-22, 19:59   Link #19
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ikari
Something like Zero no Tsukaima or Shakugan no Shana would be great. Thanks and I'm sorry if this was asking too much.
If you liked those then you'll also like:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I'll recommend Tsukuyomi Moon Phase and say:
A quirky romance about a photographer who tangles up with a young vampire. It has the odd nature of being quite funny and seriously tragic/sad and yet it works. It also has one of the most mind-sapping catchy OPs you might ever encounter and the EDs (several) are quite wistful.
You might also enjoy Karin (another story about a vampire girl who injects blood into people rather than sucking it in). Though it lacks the amusing banter between the two main leads that Tsukuyomi, Shana and Zero no Tsukaima have, it makes up for it with one of the more memorably amusing vampire families in anime.
Mahoraba is not like any of those shows, but is probably one of my favorite romance animes ever. Cute and funny and stars a girl with MPD and a boy who wants to write children's books.

And, of course, the normal recommendations of Honey and Clover, Aishiteruze Baby, Touch, REC, Lamune, etc.

As for Watase - I wasn't really a fan of Fushigi Yugi, but I've been trying to give Absolute Boyfriend a try. I have a feeling I'll enjoy her writing more in short, controlled bursts.
Old 2006-08-22, 20:05   Link #20
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

I'd recommend Kanon, Ai Yori Aoshi, Boys Be, Elf ban Kakyuusei, REC, To Heart, 100% Ichigo and Karin.

ichigo and karin can be considered romance/comedy too.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance