AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-09-08, 11:37   Link #2021
Knightrunner

This was a great episode.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2010-09-08 at 15:15. Reason: ask manga questions in manga thread
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 04:30   Link #2022
blewin

Mirajane's power is overwhelming! but I'm much more interested to see the later fights. Natsu, Gajeel, Mystogun, Erza vs Luxus!

Lucy's fight with Bixlow is too short though, still, it's good to see Loki back in. He's part of the guild after all.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 05:04   Link #2023
AnymX

Second year here we come...

Also Yui Horie as Charle
Old 2010-09-12, 05:11   Link #2024
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^Well color me surprised . Fantastic news though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnymX View Post
Also Yui Horie as Charle
Why of course. It's the perfect fit next to Kugimiya Rie as Happy . Satomi Satou is a great choice for Wendy.
Old 2010-09-12, 08:06   Link #2025
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:

Also Yui Horie as Charle
YES!

I'm a lot more relieved now, no more uncertainty and even the best possible news.
Old 2010-09-12, 10:42   Link #2026
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:

Also Yui Horie as Charle

Brilliant news!!!

Looking forward to seeing Wendy and Charle

You know the little tid bit about Mashima they mention one of his other works, Monster Hunter Orage which I loved. I really wish that was still ongoing and then would get a anime later.
Old 2010-09-12, 12:20   Link #2027
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:

Also Yui Horie as Charle
Aye, Sir!

One more year of Happy? One more year of Lucy's derriere? And the incomparable Horie Yui as a bonus? That's a big bowl full of win.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 12:42   Link #2028
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Nice, it means one more fun year with Fairy Tail cast. Let's hope anime team improves or at least stay on the same art level =)
Old 2010-09-12, 13:05   Link #2029
Slayerx

Quote:

Also Yui Horie as Charle
Great news!
This news could be relevant to why the skipped that one scene after the tower of paradise... if the anime team did not know if they were gonna get a second year, then they would want to avoid as many loose ends as possible... but the reason we got the Gajeel spy reveal last episode is because the anime team may have learned recently that they WOULD get a second year and as such decided to include it; though the actual public announcement for it was saved till now

Though i might be trying to read too much into one line
" the second year will deal with the Nirvana story arc. "
Now, given that we get about 50 episodes a year, i'm wondering if this means that they will be trying to stretch the Nirvana arc, as opposed to going though the arcs nice and quickly like they have been... or if maybe this is some kind of indication that after the nirvana arc, we may take a break from the canon and go onto a filler arc...

Afterall, when the anime started, the manga had a good 150 chapter lead on them... now it's more like only an 80 chapter lead; only two arcs separate the manga and anime... if the anime keeps going the way it has, they'll be right on the manga's tail by the end of next year. Gotta star slowing things down and putting in filler... a true test of an anime-manga adaption which many other shonen series have pretty much failed at for the most part.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 17:07   Link #2030
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Great news!
This news could be relevant to why the skipped that one scene after the tower of paradise... if the anime team did not know if they were gonna get a second year, then they would want to avoid as many loose ends as possible... but the reason we got the Gajeel spy reveal last episode is because the anime team may have learned recently that they WOULD get a second year and as such decided to include it; though the actual public announcement for it was saved till now
That's actually my theory as well.
Old 2010-09-13, 01:25   Link #2031
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 44 was great, Erza kicked some ass, Doing a good job with her General Grievous Impression.

But wow, episode 45 it was Mira Jane's turn to do the ass kicking, I had hoped her powers would be different then Elfman, but this works. I took Gajeel's conversation with the paper doll guy, to mean at least another season was on the way, glad to see there was an official announcement about that, and we get another full year.

Last edited by OkamiNoKaze; 2010-09-13 at 08:37.
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 02:44   Link #2032
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
so they showed Ivan... he looked weird animated
Maybe it was the angle, but he looked buffer to me I think he was more stooped and spindly in the manga.

The anime also expanded Mirajane's last attack by a couple orders of magnitude The way it blotted out the sky, she's lucky she didn't take out the entire Hall of Thunder too

Unfortunately, I think the animators overdid it. Now everyone-vs-Luxus is gonna look like a slapfight in comparison, just because (most of) the explosions have to fit inside Caldia Cathedral.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 06:36   Link #2033
Ash Falls Town

Spoiler for Episode 46:

Last edited by Ash Falls Town; 2010-09-13 at 21:51.
Ash Falls Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 09:17   Link #2034
Ichijo

Well, I wish the fights were longer and more detailed, but ep46 was fun.
Ichijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 09:57   Link #2035
kitten320

Spoiler for 46:
Old 2010-09-13, 10:04   Link #2036
amjzz

Episode 46 was quite...eh..."good".

The fight of mistgun and laxus was very well made, however they made mistgun identity too obvious for the anime watchers, in the manga was more surprising.

But that is normal because in the anime they like to spoiler the best parts of fairy tail.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 10:05   Link #2037
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Episode 44 was great, Erza kicked some ass, Doing a good job with her General Grievous Impression.

But wow, episode 45 it was Mira Jane's turn to do the ass kicking, I had hoped her powers would be different then Elfman, but this works. I took Gajeel's conversation with the paper doll guy, to mean at least another season was on the way, glad to see there was an official announcement about that, and we get another full year.
Well it did make sense for all three siblings to have the same type of magic (Take Over) but going into different areas of that. Naturally the former S class has one of the scarier types able to crush Freed if she hadn't held back at the end. I'm sure if her sister hadn't been lost she would have been the first to charge after Laxus to beat him up .

Good news about the second season though. Wonder if they will be able to fit in some of the stuff they skipped over in earlier episodes?
Spoiler for Ep46:
Old 2010-09-13, 10:35   Link #2038
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Good news about the second season though. Wonder if they will be able to fit in some of the stuff they skipped over in earlier episodes?
it shouldn't be hard to include them...
though one thing i have noticed with this episode an noticed in earlier episodes is that they are dodging making references to a certain character...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 10:52   Link #2039
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
it shouldn't be hard to include them...
though one thing i have noticed with this episode an noticed in earlier episodes is that they are dodging making references to a certain character...
The foreshadowing they skipped could certainly be used as the basis for a recap episode.

As for the references to a certain character, my guess is that it's either a function of either the episode largely being finished and them not wanting to go to the expense to change it; or they figured it'd just confuse people since they removed all the other references, so they decided to go ahead and cut this one as well, and come up with some other way to introduce him later.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 12:37   Link #2040
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
however they made mistgun identity too obvious for the anime watchers, in the manga was more surprising.
Well it's been obvious for a while now, because of his voice actor.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen