AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-29, 11:31   Link #661
kitten320

Then why would she need his actual number? It makes no difference, as long as they can text each other it is fine. After all they can't even say a word to each other properly, so lame -_-
I guess I will never understand romanticly orientated people...

I really wish to see them properly communicate already... actual saw one pic from manga by accident and my eyes popped up. I saw the impossible! Anime better get to that point fast =/

Mashiro has his positives but over all he looks mostly really selfish... at least that was the image he created at the beginig, especially when he tore the name without even consulting Shujin. I would've been quiet pissed in Shujin's place.
Right now Mashiro is slowly getting better, that phone call was the only thing that annoyed me fruthout several last episodes.
Old 2011-03-29, 15:03   Link #662
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Then why would she need his actual number?
To call him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I really wish to see them properly communicate already... actual saw one pic from manga by accident and my eyes popped up. I saw the impossible! Anime better get to that point fast =/
Actually I think I know which one you're talking about. Yeah, that was a good part.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 22:02   Link #663
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Personally I think Mashiro and Azuki are completely doomed. I mean they can't even converse on a phone. How does either of them think they could even make it through a marriage ceremony? The whole distraction argument is pointless since they are going to be just as busy when trying to maintain their careers as now when they are trying to get there. Their relationship is good for some laughs, but seems utterly doomed to failure. On that note I'm completely shocked that Mashiro hit #2 on that poll in the last page. How the heck is he that popular?

Still enjoyed episode 24. I was glad that Koogy got completely killed. I'm glad he wasn't even a debate in the end. Either his fans were too lazy, the real manga fans were motivated to vote and elminate that variable, or the fans read all the material and were more interested in the other works.

Interesting that it did end up as a tie with Mashiro and Takagi being one of the two to win. Of course this is just one part of the journey. They still have to fight in the serialization meeting and that will be against a variety of works. It won't be easy and just reminds you how hard getting serialized really is.
Old 2011-03-31, 02:53   Link #664
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Personally I think Mashiro and Azuki are completely doomed. I mean they can't even converse on a phone.
There are long distance relationships where the two won't even talk on the phone. Discussion in that form is not needed for a relationship to succeed.

Quote:
On that note I'm completely shocked that Mashiro hit #2 on that poll in the last page. How the heck is he that popular?
I really don't see why that's such a shock. I mean sure there's more material to be had between where the anime is at and when the poll was done, though he's far from a character who should be disliked. He's a decent JUMP MC, who's set on achieving both of his goals. That's what stories in JUMP are all about.
Old 2011-03-31, 07:51   Link #665
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Personally I think Mashiro and Azuki are completely doomed. I mean they can't even converse on a phone. How does either of them think they could even make it through a marriage ceremony? The whole distraction argument is pointless since they are going to be just as busy when trying to maintain their careers as now when they are trying to get there. Their relationship is good for some laughs, but seems utterly doomed to failure.
In real-life, yes, there is pretty much no way that would work (although I suppose it's not impossible). Thankfully, they're in a manga.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they managed to get married only to get divorced a month later as a result of finding out there are tons of little things they hate about each other once they started living together?
It wouldn't be all that surprising. They know each other about as well as I know my neighbour. They should seriously consider going out first.

Yes, I'm not a very romantic person. Definitely nowhere near Mashiro and Azuki's level.
Old 2011-03-31, 14:10   Link #666
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
In real-life, yes, there is pretty much no way that would work (although I suppose it's not impossible). Thankfully, they're in a manga.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they managed to get married only to get divorced a month later as a result of finding out there are tons of little things they hate about each other once they started living together?
Takagi: So, what's going on with you and Azuki? I mean, I know you're not getting married, but uh, things are happening?

Mashiro: Well...actually, we kind of broke up.

Takagi: You what?

Mashiro: Well, you know, we were having dinner the other night, and she's got this strangest habit. She eats her peas one at a time. You've never seen anything like it. It takes her an hour to finish them. I mean, we've had dinner other times. I've seen her eat Corn Niblets. But she scooped them.

Takagi: . . . she scooped her niblets?

Mashiro: Yes. That's what was so vexing.

(Yes, I totally lifted this right from Seinfeld and I blame you Kanon for putting it in my head )
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 14:11   Link #667
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm just one of those romantic people who find what Mashiro and Azuki are doing rather sweet.
Old 2011-03-31, 16:19   Link #668
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There are long distance relationships where the two won't even talk on the phone. Discussion in that form is not needed for a relationship to succeed.
Sure if the plan is to spend their entire lives on a long distance relationship there's no problem there. Long as they never have any direct contact they'll be good . But their whole plan is to eventually get married after they accomplish their dreams and that's where it falls apart. If they can't even talk on a phone how are they going to pull that off? Maybe they could just not look at each other and pass notes around...
Old 2011-03-31, 21:11   Link #669
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Page 24. Phone and Last Night

My only complain lies within the storytelling narrative of the promise revolving Miho and Akito not seeing or contacting each other, until they have delivered their dreams.

To be honest, I found it vexxing that Miho's embarrassement skyrocketed over the top, refusing to speak with Mashiro even if it was through the phone.

Definitely, they'll be a few or many among you who are going to debate or stress on me, that how come I'll understand if I was raised in an open culture, or some debate of sorts.

However, Miho's mother alluded and made right a point in this episode that long-distance relationships tend not to last for very long. Sure, we have the romantic aspects that Miho and Akito will stay true to their promise and endure those hardships until meeting in person to marry, once their dreams come true.

Basically, this is anime, and reality at some points can be suspended from belief to alleviate either the plot or its characters some burden.

But concerning relationships, love undergoes levels of growth and maturation but to grow both parties of the couple must be involved together to make it happen.

The first phase which starts with romanticism has been scientifically and sociologically demonstrated that at most tends to last up to six months, and to proceed with the next phase, which the actual falling-in-love among the couple, continued communication and close, social interaction proves important.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 21:12   Link #670
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Is the second season playing right after the first season
Old 2011-04-01, 21:24   Link #671
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Is the second season playing right after the first season
No, the second season of Bakuman is slated for October, 2011.

A bit of a long wait until then, but what can we do.
Old 2011-04-02, 02:24   Link #672
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Read the manga.
Old 2011-04-02, 15:34   Link #673
Freeter
beyond

Absolutely cannot wait for Hiramaru and his crazy antics. They picked the right VA for Yoshida also, it'll be like Level E all over again
Old 2011-04-02, 21:11   Link #674
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
No, the second season of Bakuman is slated for October, 2011.

Tell then it seem right I just hope it plays faster then the first season
Old 2011-04-03, 05:20   Link #675
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 25:
Old 2011-04-03, 06:13   Link #676
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

It wouldn't be all that surprising. They know each other about as well as I know my neighbour. They should seriously consider going out first.
Couples who live together before marriage are more likely to divorce. Therefore, they're actually increasing their odds of a successful marriage by avoiding contact prior to it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 07:12   Link #677
blue_sora

The dislike to Mashiro and Azuki is something I never understand. Somehow the anime makes me like Mashiro and Azuki more than the manga.

I'm a fan of their relationship, more so because around the time I read Bakuman my best friend was going out every night with her boyfriend which leads her to get poor results, almost zero class attendance, her scholarship cancelled and while all of us graduate she had to repeat another semester. So Azuki's "I'm going to be a successful voice actor before I marry" was a refreshing breath of air at that time.

Short-distance, long-distance, it doesn't really matter if both are working together on their relationship so that it will work.
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 10:23   Link #678
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
did Azuki move? I remember that Miyoshi brought luggage to sleep over at Azuki's place. If she did move then why is Mashiro go to Azuki's old house and looking the buzzer? It was great to see that Azuki and Mashiro both got the confidence to talk to each other on the phone.

The guy we saw in the previous episode on the train got serialized it seems. Kind of weird how everyone else had to wait so long but he got serialized in 1 month. I know they mentioned that he has skills but wouldn't you want a prospect to develop more before putting them in the fire?
Old 2011-04-03, 10:26   Link #679
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
did Azuki move? I remember that Miyoshi brought luggage to sleep over at Azuki's place. If she did move then why is Mashiro go to Azuki's old house and looking the buzzer? It was great to see that Azuki and Mashiro both got the confidence to talk to each other on the phone.

The guy we saw in the previous episode on the train got serialized it seems. Kind of weird how everyone else had to wait so long but he got serialized in 1 month. I know they mentioned that he has skills but wouldn't you want a prospect to develop more before putting them in the fire?
that was an anime-only scene and they screwed up. nice catch.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 10:27   Link #680
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
did Azuki move? I remember that Miyoshi brought luggage to sleep over at Azuki's place. If she did move then why is Mashiro go to Azuki's old house and looking the buzzer?
Where the nameplate is conspicuously absent. So yes, she's moved. He just went there for remembrance.

I'm reminded of a guy whose keepsake of his beloved was a handkerchief... which she'd never even touched, but that he'd got in the same city she once lived in. Because anything more intense would be too much for him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen