AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-20, 09:41   Link #21
marvelB

Yeah, that was in some the parts of the script that weren't translated yet. As far as I know, Hannyabal didn't use any defensive techniques.... he just stood there and took the rush head-on. The fact that he didn't use something like Tekkai is a testament to his strength right there..... Jet Gatling was what finished off Lucci (despite him using Tekkai), and before that he nearly got KO'ed by just one Gigant Pistol.

Actually, notice how the tougher opponents Luffy fought against in ID were able to take his attacks despite the fact that they didn't use Rokushiki. The ID staff's all-stars are definitely no joke, despite the the majority of them being taken out pretty quickly.....

Edit: By the way, it looks like Hannyabal gave Luffy a pretty dramatic speech, as well. Something about how people will sleep better at night when all the big, bad criminals of the world are imprisoned, and that he won't let him move a single step forward. That actually reminds me a bit of that speech that T-Bone gave before being defeated by Zoro......

Oh, and it looks like Luffy just used Jet Gatling on Hannyabal after all. The bazooka thing was just referring to some bazooka troops who got sucked up in Blackbeard's black hole of something. Still, that doesn't change the fact that he withstood a Gear 2 assault. I really hope this guy gets his own ministory after this arc is over.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-05-20 at 10:06.
Old 2009-05-20, 11:10   Link #22
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So a Straw-Hat ministory is confirmed after all. I'm a little disappointed that Oda skipped out on Foxy again, but otherwise I've got no complaints. Besides, it'll be great to see the whole crew again. Heh, I wonder what wacky adventure poor ol' Sanji will have in Kamabakka (and yeah, I noticed the portrait of Iva as well)....
It's great that we got a Strawhat ministory. And Sanji still horrified on Kamabakka is still funny. I wonder how the others are doing especially Nami. I'm still angry at Kuma for his actions without explaining his reasons. I feel like Rorschach of the Watchmen about that moment.

Quote:
I'm really glad that we're actually seeing Hannyabal fight seriously now (he actually looked pretty badass in that one pic where he's facing off against Luffy). It's also pretty amusing to see Iva take on Sadi, too (funny how Oda had Iva change into a "full" woman to have those two fight....). Plus, as I also figured, we still haven't seen the result of the meeting between Blackbeard and Shiryuu (and it will probably be some time before we do find out what happened between them). Anyway, even though Luffy's looking mighty pissed at Teach there, I still don't think that we'll see a fight between them now, especially since there's so little time left to save Ace (Luffy would just get thrashed by him now, anyway). They'll probably just exchange a few words before they both go their seperate ways.....

So yeah, awesome chapter and all that.
Hannybal sounds like he put up a good fight. I find it funny that Sadi has to fight Ivankov in female form. We finally see Shiryuu fully. I wonder how tall he is compared to Magellan. And Blackbeard is surprisingly living up to his name having an actual beard but not as surprising as using his powers for teleportation. < "WHOA!"

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2009-05-20 at 11:47.
Old 2009-05-20, 11:52   Link #23
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Pffft, most of us already knew Blackbeard and Shiryuu wouldn't scratch knuckles. Or Blackbeard casually dismissed Shiryuu making Shiryuu utterly useless but I doubt that.

Blackbeard and Luffy face to face, Pie eating contest, next chapter.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-05-20 at 12:07.
Old 2009-05-20, 12:48   Link #24
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

If you are going to use an or kind of statement to talk about possible scenarios, then why the need to make the first sentence look as if that is what happened, when you still have no clue as to what happened there. That falls to the category of deceiving people.
Old 2009-05-20, 13:19   Link #25
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
If you are going to use an or kind of statement to talk about possible scenarios, then why the need to make the first sentence look as if that is what happened, when you still have no clue as to what happened there. That falls to the category of deceiving people.
That he may have joined Blackbeard? that they didn't fight?
IMO he should have just gotten that out of the way this chapter, for he forgets about it like he did with the Whitebeard vs Shanks fight. I'm really disappointed in Jinbei, going off what was translated. He didn't attack Blackbeard nor rage at him, If Blackbeard and Jinbei ever came face face, I always thought that would have been one of the triggers to get Jinbei raging like a seaking, for Blackbeard is the start of all this, and is an enemy towards the Whitebeard pirates, but I guess its Odas Lufyy obsession. Well at least croc is still some what boss after being threaten by that dame tranny. Guess I can only count on real big timer characters like Whitebeard and crew, Doflamingo, Shanks, Mihawk, Kuma, to get things rocking.

Edit:
Quote:
Hannyabal:You have only terrorized other people in the sea and you talk
about saving your brother? Trash like you just existing in the sea
when normal civilians can't sleep in fear of losing their loved ones!
We locked up ferocious prisoners to make them feel safe!
If this prison is broken the sea will turn in to the very meaning
of terror itself. I wont step away!
If MB is right there all going with Blackbeard well at least the named and important ones who actual exist.

double Edit: Blackbeard is a chicken so to be confirmed.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-05-20 at 16:12.
Old 2009-05-20, 16:26   Link #26
Prestige

1 One piece chapter still measures over 5 Naruto chapters and 20 Bleach chapters in amount of content, excitment and story so I dont know what you are complaining excatly.

I wonder how did Blackbeard and Shiryuu meating went, also Hannibal showed up quite nice resolve believe Luffy being typical murdering pirate he was quite admirable in his resolve.

I didnt quite expect to see Luffy and Blackbeard clash so early but its see battle will be inevabatle in this point when Luffy knows truth about Blackbeard (atleast partially).

Iva is quite good looking as woman and I am quite anxious to see how he deals Sadi. Well these are just spoiler pictures and scripts so waiting to see full chapter.
Old 2009-05-20, 16:39   Link #27
marvelB

By the way, there's one thing I'm a bit curious about: In the translations I've seen, Blackbeard says that Ace was "our" former commander instead of "my" commander. Did he really use that particular plural pronoun in the original script? If so, that would mean he's not the only one in his crew who was a former Whitebeard pirate. If so, who else left Newgate for Teach? I kinda doubt that Burgess and Auger were part of that crew, since they were both so quick to attack Ace at Banaro island (seemingly without prior knowledge of his powers). This leaves either Doc Q or Lafitte (while we know some of Lafitte's background, we still don't know what he did after leaving West Blue, so I believe it's possible that he briefly joined Whitebeard before joining with Teach). However, if the "our" is a translation error..... then just disregard this post.

Anyways, I doubt that Blackbeard will stick around, so him and the rest of his guys will probably just mosey on along to level 6 or whatever after their little chat with Luffy next chapter. I'm still crossing my fingers for at least the level 6 guys' silhouettes at that time. Also, the inevitable rematch between Luffy and Magellan will probably start next chapter, as well. Hopefully, this will be the battle where we start to see Luffy utilize Haki in his attacks.....
Old 2009-05-20, 16:44   Link #28
Prestige

Quote:
By the way, there's one thing I'm a bit curious about: In the translations I've seen, Blackbeard says that Ace was "our" former commander instead of "my" commander. Did he really use that particular plural pronoun in the original script? If so, that would mean he's not the only one in his crew who was a former Whitebeard pirate. If so, then who else left Newgate for Teach? I kinda doubt that Burgess and Auger were part of that crew, since they were both so quick to attack Ace at Banaro island (seemingly without prior knowledge of his powers). This leaves either Doc Q or Lafitte (while we know some of Lafitte's background, we still don't know what he did after leaving West Blue, so I believe it's possible that he briefly joined Whitebeard before leaving with Teach). But if the "our" is a translation error..... then just disregard this post.

Anyways, I doubt that Blackbeard will stick around, so him and the rest of his guys will probably just mosey on along to level 6 or whatever after their little chat with Luffy next chapter. I'm still crossing my fingers for at least the level 6 guys' silhouettes at that time. Also, the inevitable rematch between Luffy and Magellan will probably start next chapter, as well. Hopefully, this will be the battle where we start to see Luffy utilize Haki in his attacks.....
I guess he means that Blackbeard was in 4th division and his commander was that guy who obtained Yomi-yomi fruit and who Blackbeard killed.

Ace is 2nd division commander and Blackbeard was not under his direct leadership.

I dont think any other members of Blackbeard pirates has any history in Whitebeard crew, otherwise they would been assumed participant in 4th commanders murder and Ace/whitebeard would mentioned them.
Old 2009-05-20, 17:16   Link #29
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
1 One piece chapter still measures over 5 Naruto chapters and 20 Bleach chapters in amount of content, excitment and story so I dont know what you are complaining excatly.
No, and if you want to know what I was complaining exactly read the post. This manga drags, you have to wait a lifetime for events to be get there shine and ending. its all ways next week us readers have to wait next week, next week. Example. Blackbeard vs Shiryuu, what are we left with this week? Thats right Waiting for next week or sometime after that, to see the conclusion, Oda has a long a$$ track record doing this. Some would say that is needed for supence but come on man, you don't have to do that sh8t ever rod d@me time, seriously. Just handle it in one (if its small enough which there fight will be) or a few chapters (if big enough) and keep it moving, and yes there is alot of content in his chapters put most or it ain't important.

and Please don't try to down play Naruto and Bleach to pump up Next week I mean One piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB
By the way, there's one thing I'm a bit curious about: In the translations I've seen, Blackbeard says that Ace was "our" former commander instead of "my" commander. Did he really use that particular plural pronoun in the original script? If so, that would mean he's not the only one in his crew who was a former Whitebeard pirate. If so, who else left Newgate for Teach? I kinda doubt that Burgess and Auger were part of that crew, since they were both so quick to attack Ace at Banaro island (seemingly without prior knowledge of his powers). This leaves either Doc Q or Lafitte (while we know some of Lafitte's background, we still don't know what he did after leaving West Blue, so I believe it's possible that he briefly joined Whitebeard before joining with Teach). However, if the "our" is a translation error..... then just disregard this post.
If its not a translations error Laffife is ruled out for he said when 1st meeting Ace.

Quote:
Lafitte: Aha... So YOU are the infamous "Flame Fist Ace."

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-05-20 at 17:35.
Old 2009-05-20, 17:30   Link #30
marvelB

^Ah, nearly forgot about that. Well, that just leaves Doc Q and his horse, Stronger. They always struck me as being the most suspicious in the crew, anyhow (I'm still interested in their past, whether they were former Whitebeard pirates or not).....
Old 2009-05-20, 17:49   Link #31
Master Mold
Banned

^not only is he the most suspicious, but along with it he does have the most fearsome nick name out of the current Blackbeard pirates.
Old 2009-05-20, 19:01   Link #32
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
By the way, there's one thing I'm a bit curious about: In the translations I've seen, Blackbeard says that Ace was "our" former commander instead of "my" commander. Did he really use that particular plural pronoun in the original script?
Yes, but there's more than one way to interpret "our" in English, as well as Japanese.

The line in Japanese is as follows:
おれも驚いたぜェ、お前が我が隊長エースの弟だったとはな

One possible translation: I was surprised as well - that you turned out to be the younger brother of commander Ace.

But this leaves out the "waga" bit (in bold) which can mean both "my" and "our". I think the reason he used "waga" is because Ace wasn't the commander to only Blackbeard - Ace was the commander of many, so it would be grammatically wrong to imply otherwise, which is why he didn't say "my" instead. This distinction feels a bit stronger in Japanese to me, though I'm not certain about it.

If he wanted to say "our" in the sense of his current group, he'd probably have used "ore-tachi" instead of "waga". Or putting it another way, it's "our" in the generic sense not the "of me and my friends'" sense.

Quote:
Well, that "buchi" (snap) from Luffy at the end is likely important - Luffy looks set to get angry. Like, really angry. I'd be surprised if Luffy doesn't attack Blackbeard - quite possibly with some Haki thrown in. If Teach and Luffy are destined to become true rivals then it wouldn't work (so well) unless it's mutual - that Teach feels he owes Luffy some payback (for example). But yes, I'm not expecting Blackbeard to want to hang around - or Luffy.

Well, we'll see. (Still got to see the full chapter for this week first!)
Old 2009-05-20, 19:04   Link #33
Blackbeard D. Kuma

None of Blackbeard's crewmates were former members on Whitebeard's crew. Not only that, but Blackbeard was Ace's only target in his search. Only he was the one who committed the murder of the 4th division commander, and if his crewmates were really former Whitebeard pirates that conspired this whole mess with him, they too would've been on Ace's hit list, but they weren't. Hence, it's not possible that they were on Whitebeard's crew before. Ace didn't even know any of them when he finally found Blackbeard.

@Prestige - Yes, Blackbeard was under the direct leadership of Ace. Ace mentioned that Blackbeard used to be a member of the Whitebeard Second Corps division and that he was his subordinate (Chapter 159 - Page 15).
Old 2009-05-20, 19:08   Link #34
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Lol. Swordsman has nothing on darkness lol. BB probably owned his ass. BB gonna get Haki owned by Luffy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
None of Blackbeard's crewmates were former members on Whitebeard's crew. Not only that, but Blackbeard was Ace's only target in his search. Only he was the one who committed the murder of the 4th division commander, and if his crewmates were really former Whitebeard pirates that conspired this whole mess with him, they too would've been on Ace's hit list, but they weren't. Hence, it's not possible that they were on Whitebeard's crew before. Ace didn't even know any of them when he finally found Blackbeard.

@Prestige - Yes, Blackbeard was under the direct leadership of Ace. Ace mentioned that Blackbeard used to be a member of the Whitebeard Second Corps division and that he was his subordinate (Chapter 159 - Page 15).
Well....it was BB who killed the guy not the other people. Unless theres a rule you can't quit the crew then Ace has no reason to go after the other guys.
Old 2009-05-20, 19:16   Link #35
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
BB gonna get Haki owned by Luffy.
You're joking right? Luffy can't do anything to Blackbeard. He stands absolutely no chance against him right now. I'm 100% certain Luffy would lose miserably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Unless theres a rule you can't quit the crew then Ace has no reason to go after the other guys.
The fact is that Ace didn't even know who they were when he met them, so how could they have been on Whitebeard's crew before?
Old 2009-05-20, 19:38   Link #36
marvelB

Thanks for clearing that up, kari-no-sugata. I just wanted to make sure, since all the translations I read said "our", as I noted before. I wasn't really all that certain about anyone aside from Blackbeard himself being a former Whitebeard crewmember, myself......

Heh, I wonder what poor ol' Buggy and Mr. 3 are up to? Since it looks like Magellan is on his way to Luffy's location, I suppose that they'll be looking for a way to clear Magellan's poison blockade. Seeing as the two of them put so much ingenuity in sneaking all the way back to level 2, I wonder if they'll be able to handle this new obstacle.....?
Old 2009-05-20, 20:08   Link #37
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Even if "our" is the word that is used, it is not incorrect.
Old 2009-05-20, 22:21   Link #38
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul
Deceiving people? No that's what Oda is doing. I simply gave two scenarios that might have happend. Right now, they seem very likely.

BTW, We'll see what your precious Luffy will choose! Hell or try and rescue Ace [He ain't gonna make it That's Whitebeards job].

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-05-20 at 23:56.
Old 2009-05-20, 23:05   Link #39
james0246

^The most likely outcome is Blackbeard simply leaving after maybe htting Luffy once. Whatever the case, neither Blackbeard nor Luffy have time, so I doubt any actually serious fighting will occur, at most only a brief scuffle before Blackbeard tosses Luffy aside, and then mocks Luffy before leaving...
Old 2009-05-20, 23:10   Link #40
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^The most likely outcome is Blackbeard simply leaving after maybe htting Luffy once. Whatever the case, neither Blackbeard nor Luffy have time, so I doubt any actually serious fighting will occur, at most only a brief scuffle before Blackbeard tosses Luffy aside, and then mocks Luffy before leaving...
IF true I hope, Oda shows off his talent in a good way this time, and off panels that useless scuffle.
Closed Thread