AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-07, 19:31   Link #4961
MikoKikyo

Shay - happy little image, and nice animation not a good centering job though 8.5/10

Lst2touchdasky nice art & colors. Somehow his fingers look abnormably long o_O weirdness. That's nothing though. I really like the expression on his face ^^ 9/10

hobo - haha, great pic for an av pretty good border too 9/10
Old 2004-11-07, 20:10   Link #4962
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Shay - Damn right she does! Gosh, look at how cute Tenma's little antennas move up and down...very well done, and you get bonus for the caption! 9.5/10
Old 2004-11-07, 20:16   Link #4963
Anko Plushy

Location: Sometimes LA sometimes the Soul Society sometimes SD sometimes Konoha it all depends on my mood
Send a message via AIM to Anko Plushy Send a message via Yahoo to Anko Plushy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite
I really like that avatar Anko. What is it from? 10/10!

Rate mine!!
... Kite... I'd say a 5/10 but hey don't take my word I just liek anime more ^_^ And mine is from Bleach!
Old 2004-11-08, 01:47   Link #4964
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
PriestessKikyo 100% approval with border. unique, stylish. 10/10 for it. not to mention the subject is appealing.

Shay- this is more like it. 9.2/10 because it isnt lolikon

aahhsin: please change your avatar...
Old 2004-11-08, 03:03   Link #4965
Avaj
?!!

Shay - It's a good scene, something I was debating using. 9/10
sarcasteak - The borders interesting, very much so. 9/10
PriestessKikyo - Also a great border, oh the good borders. 9/10
Old 2004-11-08, 16:34   Link #4966
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

kikyo: all that I said in the sig thread, and add a perfect border to that! 10/10!! avatars can be perfect...
Old 2004-11-08, 23:05   Link #4967
MikoKikyo

Thanx, I like yours too ^^ pretty good animation, but could use a border 8.7/10

Anko Plushy - I like the idea, but the text doesn't exactly fit, maybe a different font... 8/10

sarcasteak - that looks really good! The moving border is perfect for it. This is definitely my fav av from you yet 9/10
Old 2004-11-09, 16:52   Link #4968
hooliganj
Team Player

sarcasteak: A moving border on a still image? Looks nice, and gives me some ides. 9/10
Anko Plushy: The words across the middle of the face look really strange. Maybe if they were at the top or bottom? Good pic, though. 6/10
Old 2004-11-09, 17:46   Link #4969
TheLaughingMan
Nee-san is...

Send a message via AIM to TheLaughingMan
hooliganj - I like the scene, but the animation seems a bit grainy If you haven't seen the series it's somewhat hard to tell what he is doing. 7.5/10

PK - The colors and exprression really grab your attention. 9/10

Thany - The caption really made this for me. 10/10
Old 2004-11-10, 17:00   Link #4970
GustaveElazul
Gus

Sarcasteak: 9/10 Tsukasa? Instant points! The border is kinda cool, very original in my opinion but it might be better with a solid border. Good job.

MidoriShinobi: 9.5/10 Great avatar, is that more of the gothic lolita stuff? This one is much better than the last. Only downside I see is that the border doesn't stand out enough with the picture on the top and bottom.

Jojo'sStar: 9/10 Since I've seen the original source before I have to laugh at this knowing what people will think . Clean and a nice border. Good job.

hobobaggins: 8/10 Great picture but the border sticks out too much and doesn't go well with the picture. That's just my opinion of course but my suggestion is to thicken the border and make it maybe a dark blue.

Shay: 9/10 Usually animated avatars aren't very good, they get annoying. Yours repeats well and doesn't get annoying. Nice job.
Old 2004-11-10, 19:32   Link #4971
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Midori - Nice gothic lolita, but as Gustave has pointed out, the border doesn't stand out on three of the four sides. ^_^;; 8.8/10

Key - Nice background, but I'm not particular fond of the character and her art style. Hmm, I don't understand why you didn't remove that little text left of her...does it say "Key" in a different language or something? 8.2/10

Prince of Chronics - I don't like this character that much and his green-color hair, and the solid gray background doesn't appeal to me. 8/10

hooliganj - I definitely think you should've adjusted the contrast/brightness for this scene, and for some reason it looks grainy even though it doesn't use that many frames. 7/10

PK - Matching Sakuya avy! She has her signature look here, and I like the vertical scanline much more than horizontal, so that's a plus. I'm not that fond of the corners...they do make the avy stand out from the rest, but I don't think they match that well with the image. 8.8/10

TheLaughingMan - The border is too weak, and I don't recognize this character at all. 7.5/10

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-11-11 at 00:43. Reason: because I can!
Old 2004-11-10, 22:09   Link #4972
Key
s e m p i t e r n a l

Send a message via AIM to Key Send a message via MSN to Key
sarcasteak: Tsukasa is always a-OK by me... I also actually like the twirling border despite the fact that it reminds me of a bunch of ants crawling across a picnic table... which disturbs me. But still, it's cute and once again--Tsukasa equals <3. 8.5/10 (Btb, I was just too lazy to remove the text on my old avatar... it was actually a cropped off part of "Sekiria" from Priss's vocal CD.)

GustaveElazul: Wai, bishie (I'm assuming...)~! So very molestable. ^^ 8/10

hooliganj: The gif could be better... and the image more crisp. ~.~ 7/10
Old 2004-11-11, 00:32   Link #4973
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
Hooliganj, is your avatar from Madlax? Probably isn't, but the woman looks kind of like Madlax.

Rating? How does this work? I'll just randomly give out a 7/10 (it could be cleaner) and see if anyone protests.
Old 2004-11-11, 00:54   Link #4974
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by STfan
Rating? How does this work? I'll just randomly give out a 7/10 (it could be cleaner) and see if anyone protests.
ratings work usually as numerical values. you set your own scale.

Necrodeath is more harsh than most, whereas some other people usually give out 10/10s. or Fs.

Quote:
You're suppose to rate an avatar, not a signature. Next time please remember which thread you're reading.
alt+tab = oops.

Sarcasteak - great avatar! you just need to fix the Jerk of the Border! it doesnt actually return to its starting position (the - goes either too far or not far enough)

8/10 because that is destracting!

NsW - time for a new avatar maybe? a shame that i cant seem to stick boobs into one without being too obvious of its gender
Old 2004-11-11, 01:03   Link #4975
sarcasteak
WAHA~

hobo got owned.

Key - The caption did it for me. 8.6/10

STfan - Not a bad scene, really, but there are a couple things I'd like to point out: unless you have a good reason, I don't see why the GIF isn't 100 x 100. There's a brief pause after the end of the sequence that should be dealt with to make the loop smoother. In one of the frames you can see a glimpse of Rukia's hand whereas it's nonexistant everywhere else--edit it out because it's a distraction. I don't think a border is absolutely necessary here, but making a simple 1-pixel black border wouldn't hurt. I grade harsh on GIFs, but once you've dealt with these things, this is a good GIF. 8/10

Quote:
Hooliganj, is your avatar from Madlax? Probably isn't, but the woman looks kind of like Madlax.
I'm pretty sure it's that Orb lady from Gundam Seed.

Quote:
It's ultimately up to you; some people rate based on how much effort was put into making the avy, and some rate based on how much they like the avatars. I'm in the latter group. The base score I give out is 8/10 (sounds a lot nicer than 5/10, no?); that score usually means I don't like the avy that much, but I don't see anything wrong with it, either. For avys I do like, I usually start out from 9/10 and add/subtract based on how many things I liked/didn't like about it, so a potentially good avy can end up getting 8/10 as well. For ones I love at first sight, I start out with 9.5/10...and I go over 10/10 if the avy makes me want to hump whoever is using it.

I have a stricter process for GIFs. Is it a good scene? Does it looped well? How is the picture quality? Do I like it? Would I consider stealing it and using it for myself? Does it have a border and does it have a good dimension? I'm not shy from giving much lower marks simply because if I feel that GIF does not live up to its full potential, I will let you know about it.

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-11-11 at 01:19.
Old 2004-11-11, 01:19   Link #4976
ramune

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
I'm pretty sure it's that Orb lady from Gundam Seed.
Nah, hooliganj's avatar is from Genshiken.

sarcasteak: I like the moving border. Very nice idea! 9.5/10
Old 2004-11-11, 17:31   Link #4977
7thMethuselah

Shay : Tenma is da greatest 8/10
PriestessKikyo : Nice and soft colors, is it a known character? 8.5/10
Sarcasteak : the border is nice, the image is average : 8/10
Hobobaggins : cuuuuuuuuute 9/10
Avaj : it's a bit too dark 7.5/10
Kabuto Maniac : loop is confusing 7/10
Anko Plushy : sorry I don't really like it a bit dull 5/10
HooliganJ : don't know what to say, average 7/10
TheLaughingMan : Great mysterious atmosphere and cool colors 8.5 /10
GustaveElazuz : somehow it reminds me of aishiteru ze baby and that alone is worth an 8.5/10
STFan : nice, bleach rules 7.5/10
Ramune : LOL, great text to go with it 9/10
Old 2004-11-11, 17:38   Link #4978
hooliganj
Team Player

I think every anime I choose to make an avatar out of will automatically be too obscure to use, no matter how good it is.

STfan: Not that bad. -1 point for the noticable jerk between the loops, -1 for no border, -1 for not knowing Genshiken, +1 for using Rukia who's just an awesome character. 8/10

Sarcasteak also loses one point for not knowing the source and another one for accusing me of using Gundam SEED, and ramune can keep all three points for a rainy day. If anyone was keeping track of this, I imagine that would be pretty good.
Old 2004-11-11, 17:38   Link #4979
Kal-Rhael

Send a message via MSN to Kal-Rhael
EDIT: ^^ above poster 8/10 looks nifty.

Oooh! oOoH! someone do me! guess what game it's from? Best game evAhr!
Old 2004-11-11, 17:43   Link #4980
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-Rhael
Oooh! oOoH! someone do me! guess what game it's from? Best game evAhr!
Kal Rhael you forgot to rate an avatar, rate one fast or the Rate or Die Monster (aka NSW ) will delete your post

About your avatar, the pic looks cool, but it too fuzzy, try to make it sharper, and improve the border, I think you could make a great avy out of it.
Closed Thread

Tags