AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-02, 16:14   Link #201
KiNG

lauyee: Gluttony? Not sure about his/her gender? You must have confused him with Envy for a moment, Gluttony is surely a male, and a big one.

To all those who make a big story out of Envy becoming a dragon at the gate; Remember, he can transform into anything... Then what's the big deal with him becoming a dragon? It's the same thing. But, you're probably thinking to yourself; "But why a dragon? There must be a reason or something". On one hand, you could just conclude that the creators didn't have any deep idea whatsoever, they just painted him as a dragon. On the other hand, why would they paint a dragon? Probably some symbol in some culture (Japanese?).

Anyway, that is one awesome Anime series... I liked it a lot!
Old 2004-11-15, 21:25   Link #202
Angeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNG
lauyee: Gluttony? Not sure about his/her gender? You must have confused him with Envy for a moment, Gluttony is surely a male, and a big one.

To all those who make a big story out of Envy becoming a dragon at the gate; Remember, he can transform into anything... Then what's the big deal with him becoming a dragon? It's the same thing. But, you're probably thinking to yourself; "But why a dragon? There must be a reason or something". On one hand, you could just conclude that the creators didn't have any deep idea whatsoever, they just painted him as a dragon. On the other hand, why would they paint a dragon? Probably some symbol in some culture (Japanese?).

Anyway, that is one awesome Anime series... I liked it a lot!
*is a n00b*

*eyes left and right*

Ohhh ohhh.. isn't it a dragon on the homuculus symbol thing? It looked alot like the form he took.. maybe that's where they got it..? *goes to look up where those symbols are from..*
Old 2004-11-16, 19:30   Link #203
Demi-chan

Send a message via AIM to Demi-chan Send a message via MSN to Demi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Demi-chan
Envy is symbolized as a twisting serpent or leviathan
Old 2004-11-19, 22:41   Link #204
GustaveElazul
Gus

I don't know if anyone noticed that when Al left on the train Winry was blushing as if she cares alot about him. I thought they spent alot of time building up the relationship between her and Ed. I could be looking at it the wrong way but it seems to me like they changed the relationships suddenly.
Rose is nice but they didn't build up on her relationship with Ed like they did with Winry.

I didn't like the ending very much but the relationships is what is bothering me the most. Hopefully they fix this in the movie

*joins the Winry&Ed club *

Last edited by GustaveElazul; 2004-11-19 at 23:13.
Old 2004-11-21, 04:56   Link #205
Kaphis

wow...did like a lot of people didn't understand the story o.o?

yea the "dragon" that Envy turned into is a leviathan from FF7 I believe. Which is suppose to be a dragon biting its own tail. Why? Its probably just because thats the homuculus symbol. We never were told much about the symbol except that it was used to paralyse(sp?) Lust. As for Ed's arm, when he went to the "real world" he no longer has an automail, where would he get one? He went into the gate with his complete body and the transmutatoin of Al took Al's memory + his arm and limb. He has a normal fake arm like anyone in the real world. The last scene on the train of the automail is only in his mind, if u watch it again, you would notice that literally it just fades out and his clothing just simply turn INTO his automail. This is to basically create a good ending that matches the beginning of the series with his automail arm being held up. Ed does not have an automail arm in the real world.
Old 2004-11-21, 22:06   Link #206
jo_jo14_6
jo_jo14_6

Actually...Ed did get back his automail. When he got Al's body and soul back, he went through the door and he lost his arm again.
Old 2004-11-22, 05:00   Link #207
Red_Eclipse
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_jo14_6
Actually...Ed did get back his automail. When he got Al's body and soul back, he went through the door and he lost his arm again.
how did they rebuild his automail with the technology they had then?
it was limp when we first saw him again as if it were made of wood.. suddenly he could move it again....

anyone ever wonder why Ed between the ages of eleven and fifteen only managed to grow under an inch where his shorter automail didnt bother him until it was mentioned by Winry's grandmother? I mean he's short.. but not that short is he?!?! IS HE?

Visit My Graphic Site: The Forgotten Lair
Old 2004-11-22, 16:27   Link #208
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Eclipse
anyone ever wonder why Ed between the ages of eleven and fifteen only managed to grow under an inch where his shorter automail didnt bother him until it was mentioned by Winry's grandmother? I mean he's short.. but not that short is he?!?! IS HE?
In any case that would just add up to be another joke about his height. Definitely not a mistake.
Old 2004-11-22, 20:14   Link #209
jo_jo14_6
jo_jo14_6

How theey rebuilt his arm

I'm not exactly sure...but when we saw Ed and his dad talkin, they were sayin how they couldn't use alchemy in their world. But then Ed also said that if he couldn't study alchemy, he would study machines to try and get him back to his other world. They also mentioned that there is a person who believed that humans will go into space. If they already think that...maybe there were already ppl in that time who know how to make automail.

At least that's what i think...but i'm still not sure cuz yea...Ed's automail at the beginnin looked sorta dead...but i dunno. I'm just gonna stick to what i think cuz it settles me down and i won't go askin ppl wat happened and stuff.
Old 2004-11-28, 19:20   Link #210
Lakbay
<Insert>

It's probably been mentioned before, but Ed mentioned something about going to Transylvania and seeing Dracula? (Oberth he calls him)???
Old 2004-11-28, 22:42   Link #211
crazyXsunshine

mm dunno... the rocket thing.. i think he was off to talk to robert goddard... but when hohenheim<?> mentioned einstein, ed was all "i don't trust him" which made me laugh,
Old 2004-11-28, 23:33   Link #212
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
ed is an idiot..."AL, ill build a rocket and fly into space and find you" LMAO..i cood stop laughin...it wood be reasonable if he sed sumthin like "Al, ill build a machine that takes me to ur dimension"..LOL..
but yea...rockets fly into space..not alchemy world...
Old 2004-11-30, 22:23   Link #213
strategos

Is there going to be a movie of FMA? when it will be launch? has it been liscense?
Old 2004-11-30, 22:32   Link #214
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakbay
It's probably been mentioned before, but Ed mentioned something about going to Transylvania and seeing Dracula? (Oberth he calls him)???
The dracula thing was a joke. Like Goddard, Oberth was a real person who was involved in earily rocketry. http://www.spaceline.org/history/25.html
Old 2004-12-01, 01:50   Link #215
Asmedaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyXsunshine
mm dunno... the rocket thing.. i think he was off to talk to robert goddard... but when hohenheim<?> mentioned einstein, ed was all "i don't trust him" which made me laugh,
I think the whole Einstein thing is suppose to allude to Ed saying something about ether, which with Einstein's theory was disproved.

I've just finished watching the series and it seems like they had this movie thing planned from the start since the ending sets it up real nice like.
Old 2004-12-02, 17:23   Link #216
jo_jo14_6
jo_jo14_6

Yea there is going to be a movie, and it's supposed to come out in japan in the year 2005...not sure when in 2005 but yea...
Old 2004-12-02, 20:01   Link #217
crazyXsunshine

this summer...
i think tickets are selling in japan. now.
Old 2004-12-03, 14:19   Link #218
Cherri
Kickass cheer******

Help?

Hi there, can anyone please give me links to sites that have screencaps of ep 51 thankyou.
Old 2005-01-02, 21:39   Link #219
Herato

Send a message via AIM to Herato
The end of the series

Did anyone other than me find it a little depressing? In the end, the way the characters ended up, the way everything happened........I really hated the end of the series. It would make me feel a little bit better, if I knew I wasnt the only one getting a little worked up over it.
Old 2006-03-17, 01:19   Link #220
koishii

Send a message via MSN to koishii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herato
Did anyone other than me find it a little depressing? In the end, the way the characters ended up, the way everything happened........I really hated the end of the series. It would make me feel a little bit better, if I knew I wasnt the only one getting a little worked up over it.
You are not the only one. _-_
Closed Thread