AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-13, 20:44   Link #461
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Amazing....

This series has me blown away.

Now to see the aftermath of the revelations and maybe we'll get closer to the truth.
Old 2007-02-13, 21:20   Link #462
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

Spoiler for The curse:
I thought it was the other way around. Herve's clan stole the cursed book. That's why Animus put the curse on them. And now they are fighting each other for the other book.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 22:21   Link #463
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Resigned to the fact? I would be very much resigned to living an eternal life, thank you very muh. There must be some other effects of the "vampire" curse because as the other curse seems much worse. A weird diet and a lot of lemon juice is way better than turning into a beast.
It's interesting that Herve calls Animus "those women" and does not count JC as one of them. What happened to the Animus men, provided there were any in the beginnig of the hostilities, I wonder. I also wonder whether the Animus members have to die before getting their superpowers.
Episode 17 should be an emotional affair - not only do the girls will have to deal with Herve's shocking revelation but they all have other problems with their relatives or boyfriends.

That seems to be the case and I hope it will remain so. A big part of the appeal of Red Garden is the lack of clear "good guys" and "bad guys"

Nice to see I am not the only with the opinion that Red Garden is the best from the current crop of anime.
Yes, the thing about Red Garden is the lack of good or bad, which realistically portrays the decisions that the girls take and how they are eventual pawns in this survival game of two clans. I can say that Red Garden is yet another series that is under-rated due to its unique form of graphics. In a way, it is just slightly less understated than Simoun, another wonderful series.

I just can't wait for episode 18 to appear, since I just finished watching episode 17 which is fabulous!
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 22:47   Link #464
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Jesus... this is probably the first time that I can admit that blood in anime can be both scary and realistic.

You won't believe what happened...

Spoiler for episode 18:

Incredible. Rie Tanaka once again rules the day and the ending of the episode was chilling. I was really impressed by the psychological impact of this episode. It was truly riveting.

Quote:
It's interesting that Herve calls Animus "those women" and does not count JC as one of them. What happened to the Animus men, provided there were any in the beginning of the hostilities, I wonder. I also wonder whether the Animus members have to die before getting their superpowers.
Some of this is addressed in episode 18.

Spoiler:

And as a sidenote, for those who are unaware, the word animus in Jungian psychology signifies the unconscious masculinity hidden in the soul of every woman. Animus projects itself as an archetype of an authoritative male, the categorical "wisdom of the forefathers", so to speak.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 23:12   Link #465
ShellyKukai

Episode 16 was awesome. I have no words.
But I'm still uncertain about the ownership of the tomes.
Which side committed the theft and against whom?
Why are both sides being punished? If one side obtained the second copy would the opposing side meet some sort of instantaneous annihilation?
ShellyKukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 23:23   Link #466
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyKukai View Post
But I'm still uncertain about the ownership of the tomes.
Delors owned both Cursed Tomes. Animus stole one Tome and cursed the Delors. Delors cursed them back.

You need one Cursed Tome to cast a curse. You need two Cursed Tomes to dispel a curse.

Delors and Animus want to get the second Tome in order to dispel the curse put on their respective families. I would assume that they will not dispel the curse laid upon their enemies. So, whoever gets both Tomes will live on, while the other side would eventually die.

What I do not understand is the nature of the Animus curse. Delors are obviously made to go mad and to awaken their inner beast. But what happens to the Animus? Is it the apathy and the desire to die that the other four girls suffered? Is it the loss of memories that Herve alluded to? Is it the inability to age?
Old 2007-02-13, 23:41   Link #467
fignae
floofer. floof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Delors owned both Cursed Tomes. Animus stole one Tome and cursed the Delors. Delors cursed them back.
According to whom? That's not spoilery for post-ep 16, I hope.
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 23:47   Link #468
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

No, that's all according to 1-16. 8)

I won't spoil 17-18 in open view out of simple courtesy.
Old 2007-02-13, 23:54   Link #469
fignae
floofer. floof.

Okay. Just checking. But if what you said is based on 16, then that's just Herve's take on it. We should bear that in mind too.
Old 2007-02-13, 23:56   Link #470
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae View Post
According to whom? That's not spoilery for post-ep 16, I hope.
No, they say it in episode 16, which seemed to reflect the Animus objectives in quite a villianesque fashion, since they surely have other objectives for stealing the tome in the first place and having been placed the curse upon them is just a detriment to their shady mission. I already ruined myself episode 17, which wasn’t that bad since not much happened, but going by Prophet’s description of 18 I guess I’ll stay the furthest I can from those tempting spoiler tags.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 00:09   Link #471
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae View Post
Okay. Just checking. But if what you said is based on 16, then that's just Herve's take on it. We should bear that in mind too.
Well, the Grandfather also thinks so.

Back in episode 10 he said that they must "recover" the Cursed Tome. Herve also used the word "recover", which would signify that they were originally in possession of it.

Lula also mentioned the curse before, so thus far it all checks out.
Old 2007-02-14, 10:26   Link #472
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Back in episode 10 he said that they must "recover" the Cursed Tome. Herve also used the word "recover", which would signify that they were originally in possession of it.

Lula also mentioned the curse before, so thus far it all checks out.
Yes that explanation seems right on money, but it wouldn't surprise if no one stole anything and the clans just want the power that the possession of both tomes would give them. Although that would probably be one twist too many.

Quote:
I can say that Red Garden is yet another series that is under-rated due to its unique form of graphics.
Yes, and I would also add that any sort of uniqueness in the anime industry these days seems to repel more viewers than it attracts. Or maybe that's just me having an elitism complex and being annoyed by the lack of popularity of my favourite shows.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 16:43   Link #473
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
It's really quite a compelling story though, graphics aside and perhaps the
unusual graphics actually make the story have a unique atmosphere all its
own really.

Now the bit that comes to the fore in my mind is that no matter who cursed
the tomes or stole them, ultimately, we've got human beings, Delors and
Animus all living on the same planet.

Currently, we have Delors and Animus fighting each other - if one were to
win might they focus their attention on us as the next group of people to
fight?
Old 2007-02-15, 12:08   Link #474
fignae
floofer. floof.

On RGTV #23, Shintani Ryouko mentions that the Red Garden manga will be running in a monthly magazine, Comic Birz. There's a short introduction, in Japanese, on the site, which I didn't bother with figuring out, but the characters certainly look different.

Does anyone know more about this?

In February 16th's RG Radio (Tanaka Rie's show), Kobayashi Megumi guests and they talk about Paula, saying that it feels like she loves Kate. At first when she started the character, she was only told that Paula was worried about Kate. But later on, she was told that Paula really likes her. Then they agree that same-sex love seems beautiful. The radio show is beginning to resemble RGTV, with the interview.

Last edited by fignae; 2007-02-17 at 07:10. Reason: had another interesting thing to add
Old 2007-02-17, 23:54   Link #475
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
The Plot Thickins

Episode 16 was the most compelling one yet. Up till now we have seen pretty one sided fatalities. I always thought it was weird that JC was the only one male on the Animus side he was Lula's brother. Unfortunately we learn this just before JC has his ass handed to him by Herve, but i suppose JC can rest knowing that he died saving his sister.

I want to touch on the 2 cops that are investigating the girls death. It seems every episode they are getting closer and closer to the truth. The fact that the older cop pointed out that one of the girls in the picture had short hair and in an after picture her hair had grown 8 inches in 3 days, we all know thats impossible. My prediction is the cops will eventually stumble upon the truth and end up getting in the thick of it.

Kate has learned some horrible truths from Herve. Apparently there is no way for the girls to return to normal. They 2 choices one is two lose their memories and remain in those bodies never aging, or they can die by their enemies hands. Needless to say being killed is not a favorable consolation prize, and living forever would mean you must disregard family and friends for fear of your secret. I for one think that Herve is telling the truth due to the appearance of what i would call the sisterhood. By the way the headmistress can kick serious ass and seems to have been doing it for a long time. The girls are going to have to make some hard choices. Kate now knows Emilio is just like Herve there is no way she is going to let Emilio near her sister let alone allow the marriage to take place.

IMO Herve has the upper hand at the moment not just with the defeating of JC but with now knowing the location of their headquarters being the girls school. Im still curious as to how Paula fits into the picture maybe she has powers as well or is just preview to the knowledge. Also on a side note it looks the rest of girls are getting use to their powers the remaining 3 girls jump up on to the building with no trouble.

My theory on what happen to Animus's men has something to do with the curse. If i remember correctly in the beginning of the series Lula said each clan cursed each other. Maybe that curse has something to do with my there are no men on the Animus side. Im really interested in the 2 cursed book we know it can lift the curse but what other secrets do they hold?

Im enjoying RG more and more now that the real story has begun and as for Rachel's relationship with Rook going down the tubes, well..........maybe its for the best right now she is going to be uber busy with these new events. Besides hes just being a dick at the moment he didnt even address the fact that hes been seeing Rachels friend.
Old 2007-02-18, 17:08   Link #476
moneenerd

Send a message via MSN to moneenerd
this show, for me anyways, was getting really weak starting at like episode 13. episode 16 totally kicked me in the junk. what a fuckin sweet final battle. and i love the whole "are we fighting for the bad or good guys?" plot twist thats been introduced.
moneenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 10:55   Link #477
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Episode 19

Homosexuality banzai!

Oh, and Kate... you stupid, stupid idiot woman! How could anyone be so clueless?

Spoiler:

OK, Kate is an idiot, but I am looking forward to seeing Bender get manhandled. 8)
Old 2007-02-21, 22:56   Link #478
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Spoiler for episode 19:
I just wrenched my shoulder patting myself on the back. I called that one pages and pages ago.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 23:21   Link #479
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Wow, there are lots of OMG momemts in ep 19.

Spoiler:

Great episode! Looking forward to the next one.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 14:47   Link #480
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I am somewhat disappointed by the lack of a confrontation between Lula and girls. I expected them to refuse to be on the side of Animus which did not really happen. But the whole angst fest that is episode 17 rather moving and the preview for the next one seems really promising.
So, if I get it correctly, Lucy, the maths teacher, also has experienced memory loss (es)? Or she simply didn't mind not remembering much about lost comrades? I got a bit confused by the sub. Now that she has confirmed Herve's words, I can understand fully why JC was so suprised when Lula told the girls they could get back to normal in episode six.I rewatched it a few days ago and with the benefot of hindsight it seemed so sad even if I doubted Herve's claims a little at the time.
The two policemen are ubiquitous. It was weird seeing them inspect the damaged scaffolding on the building site - aren't they detectives who investigate murders or at least something more serious than damaged property?
Rachel was quite cool, I guess her impulsive nature made her think a memory loss would not be that given her current predicament. it's interesting how she was so depressed when Lula lied to them about their original bodies, yet now she took the news in a much better way than the rest.
Claire's fast thinking which spared Rose the truth when they were in the car was a great moment. I think a very interesting twist would be Rose finding some way to escape losing her memories - after all she has been the most useless one in the fights, she has to do something important, right?

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, supernatural