AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-06-04, 22:30   Link #44301
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
“So here I am trapped seventy meters under heavily reinforced concrete and steel bar, eh, can’t be worse than I.S.A. really”

“When in doubt, have faith”

“Isn’t that quite contradictory?”

“-In me, silly” she said quite calmly as her male counterpart followed her half heartedly “What could possibly go wrong indeed”

The other Ichika indeed think otherwise. They are curious, very much, and they are suspicious, but on the other hand, it’s a chance of lifetime… or something along that line, kind of meeting an important political figure, she said.

The young girl is so carefree and simpleminded, certainly, the kind of girl he never actually being close with…

Not to say he didn’t want to meet them again and never let them go if possible. He admitted constantly hanging out with powerful students creating an unintentional wall –at least, he hoped it is- and rifts that separate him from the rest of the student.

Although he never been a socially active person, so his friends is not to blame.

“You’re so kind… I can’t hardly being honest with girls most of the time, let alone being so open minded”

“Please, are you kidding me?”

“Well, let’s see… Houki and Lingyin’s anger almost killed me several times, Cecilia is humiliated by being near me, and Laura is actively hostile and seriously wanted to end my existence. Oh, and Charl when she’s at the worst moment tramples me around while smiling like an angel of death”

“That… that can’t be true right? Well, Houki is VERY violent, and you at least got Laura there, but seriously, Charlotte?”

“You don’t need to hold me on that; it could be faulty memory from the brain damage caused by Chifuyu-nee’s typical punishment”

“P….P…Pfffftttt”

“BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA”

“And with you, I can somehow feel that things will go alright…”

She twiddled her finger and leered aside in response, blushing “You gave me too much credit, Ichika”

Her trembling hands, her awkward pout, faint flush under the eyes… and did he think about her smile again? He was reminded of Charlotte, the only girl in his small clique who actually smiling most of the time. But it’s different…

Charlotte’s smile put him at ease; Ichika’s smile gave him certain kind of courage.

“Alright, I’m going to square my piloting skill, spill the bucket”

“Are you sure? Chifuyu-nee’s regime will make what you describe as hellish crash course sounds like daily PE activity”

“Eh, better than being left alone… sorry for sounding like a spoiled brat”

“Well, that’s that” she returned to her usual self, and smiled. “Not that I like it much, but for whatever reason, welcoming party first?”

“Is that really necessary?” he’s not really into crowd and loud place, heck, the guest of his birthday party never exceed one hand worth of fingers.

She air-flicked him and winked “Say the guy who met and talked, eye to eye with Prime Minister”

“Hey, that one is different”

He couldn’t help, he enjoyed on her company a little too much.
So, female Ichika's personality is actually composed of good trait of the heroines

> Laura's coolness
> Tatenashi's assertiveness
> Charlotte's kindness

Add that to male Ichika's bad traits, such as exceptional brain density (ha!) and bad, bad case of meekness, especially against Chifuyu.

Oh, and she's also a covert pervert who occasionally play Eroge.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-06-04 at 23:35.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 00:45   Link #44302
Eratas123

No offense, but what are her flaws? Does being meek or brainless get her into trouble? Because if not, they're kess flaws and more endearing qualities.
Old 2013-06-05, 00:57   Link #44303
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Getting brainless made her get into a lot of trouble, then some. Her idiot ball is at least twice the size of what male Ichika has.

For example, at the beginning, she put faith in male Ichika without regards, and while not entirely unreasonable (he did, after all, threw his I.S. to her hand), still extremely odd.

She disregard Chifuyu's warning not to get too attached with new people. She actually don't believe Ichika's explanation about how the harem being violent and that Charlotte is really a spy. She went berserk during autumn attack regardless of Tate's warning.

Result A: male Ichika got beaten the shit out of him before she can intervene, Result B: she went emo finding Char's truth, Result C: she got moderately injured

TLDR: Her emotion EASILY getting in the way of logic. I'm not even sure it's a real character flaw, or just me being extremely sexist
Old 2013-06-05, 01:26   Link #44304
DarkJak2050

[Sighs]

Are there any good fics to read?

Edit:
Okay, I'm having a bit of trouble writting chapter 1 for Phase 2 again. I know the concept, the problem is actually making into the story. How the Prologue ended is Tezla mentioning an Emergency session and he's getting ready for it. As for my guys, he told them to stay behind and watch.

Exactly how do I go off on that when writting chapter 1?

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2013-06-05 at 03:47.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 03:44   Link #44305
Eratas123

Depends on your definition of good
Old 2013-06-05, 03:52   Link #44306
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Jak
Indeed, depends on your taste

Also, you can have it go, or retcon it. The easy way to retcon it is either postpone it with plausible reason, or have it interrupted shortly before execution

----

Anyway, I lolled at how Zero shift ByakuShiki actually resemble Blue Tears

Old 2013-06-05, 08:56   Link #44307
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Getting brainless made her get into a lot of trouble, then some. Her idiot ball is at least twice the size of what male Ichika has.

For example, at the beginning, she put faith in male Ichika without regards, and while not entirely unreasonable (he did, after all, threw his I.S. to her hand), still extremely odd.

She disregard Chifuyu's warning not to get too attached with new people. She actually don't believe Ichika's explanation about how the harem being violent and that Charlotte is really a spy. She went berserk during autumn attack regardless of Tate's warning.

Result A: male Ichika got beaten the shit out of him before she can intervene, Result B: she went emo finding Char's truth, Result C: she got moderately injured

TLDR: Her emotion EASILY getting in the way of logic. I'm not even sure it's a real character flaw, or just me being extremely sexist
Uh, that seems more like she makes trouble for everyone else around her, which makes her prime Scrappy material.

Side note - Great 90's game dialogue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fvPK1WD3AI
Old 2013-06-05, 09:24   Link #44308
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Uh, that seems more like she makes trouble for everyone else around her, which makes her prime Scrappy material.
And prime sexist accusation bait.

Can you give some advice on how to properly gave her flaw? I'm running out of ideas here, my girlfriend wasn't one to talk about anime, and Tri wasn't available to consult with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Side note - Great 90's game dialogue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fvPK1WD3AI
Hmmmm

Good, good

--------------------------------

EDIT: damn, I need a good dose of paracetamol now that no one is here... headbang time

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-06-05 at 09:49.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 09:58   Link #44309
Eratas123

I dunno, have impulsiveness actually bite her in the ass? Example: When Irish impulsively chases Autumn and locks himself in the room with her, it looks like the set-up for a climax fight.....except she one-shots him no prob. Reality Ensues and she's the one carrying the Doctor Octopus armor, meaning his impulsiveness doesn't save him and nither does shonen powers.
Old 2013-06-05, 10:18   Link #44310
demino_hellsin
That one guy

10 hour roundtrip in under 24 hours sucks ass... So what's jak's problem exactly?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 10:19   Link #44311
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras

Can do with that at least

Hmm, perhaps she still putting too much trust with people, in a way, this caused them to carry unnecessary burden. Character development should fix that to a degree.

@ Demi

TLDR he wanted to abort a plot point/sequel hook

Any input? On Jak and my behalf too.
Old 2013-06-05, 10:23   Link #44312
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Either outrght retcon or medias res. That's what I'd suggest. Medias res referencing to the prologue requires much planning or some talented creative on the spot bullshitting.
Old 2013-06-05, 15:05   Link #44313
DarkJak2050

Well, I plan on having part of the chapter set in the Emergency session but already in progress.

What I mean is something like this ("Event #" being the other things going on in the chapter):

Event # >>> Emegency Session in progress >>> Event #

The problem is, what should I put in for the "Event #" and transition that into the Emergency Session in progress?

Any suggestions?
Old 2013-06-05, 18:12   Link #44314
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm not that familiar with your story but why not open with your guys in a fight? Then one of them complians how the heck an observation became shoot out.
Old 2013-06-05, 19:55   Link #44315
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Imagine Ichika running late for a presentation, somehow accidentally burning his tongue along the way and suddenly starts speaking German in class. Sorta like this guy from Rat Race.

How would Laura react to that? (Depends on what he says too though)
Old 2013-06-05, 21:42   Link #44316
Eratas123

Probably not much. Laura would comment, but no one seems to comment on all the foreign characters speaking Jap so I don't think it would matter.
Old 2013-06-05, 21:54   Link #44317
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Oddly enough it's really that easy to think that either they speak in pure English, or they speak in botched Japanese. The reason because English is pretty commonly used during international affair (option A), or that half of the academy population is Japanese (option B). So anyone Japanese started to babbling in German probably got that reaction
Old 2013-06-05, 22:11   Link #44318
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I'm not that familiar with your story but why not open with your guys in a fight? Then one of them complians how the heck an observation became shoot out.
I already did that with Phase 2's Prologue. Well, kind of...

It's not a demo Tezla's getting ready for.

Edit:
Spoiler for End of Phase 1, going into Phase 2:

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2013-06-05 at 22:33.
Old 2013-06-05, 22:39   Link #44319
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Well, I plan on having part of the chapter set in the Emergency session but already in progress.

What I mean is something like this ("Event #" being the other things going on in the chapter):

Event # >>> Emegency Session in progress >>> Event #

The problem is, what should I put in for the "Event #" and transition that into the Emergency Session in progress?

Any suggestions?
By the "flowchart", do you mean......

1. The Event# is still happening while they deal with the Emergency Session?

2. The Event# continue only after they deal with the emergency event

3. The Event# at the end has additional obstacle hampering the progress of Event#?
(Example: Hunting a Qurupeco?)

-
unrelated note: Reason for lack of activity:

Grinding for Galeforce for all female married characters in Fire Emblem, matchmaking randomly and stuff like that.

Just finish hunting down a Qurupeco.... (more resource(as in items) consuming than I thought.) Should have bring a trap along.

Then working on To-aru-fanfic.
Old 2013-06-06, 01:21   Link #44320
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
By the "flowchart", do you mean......

1. The Event# is still happening while they deal with the Emergency Session?

2. The Event# continue only after they deal with the emergency event

3. The Event# at the end has additional obstacle hampering the progress of Event#?
(Example: Hunting a Qurupeco?)
Okay, it seems that I had it put down wrong... Maybe this is what I meant.

One part of the chapter ends (not happening during the Emergancy Session), then it goes into the Emergency Session in progress, and then it goes into another part that's nearly after that but in a different location.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest