Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-22, 08:20   Link #81
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I second that theory.

Darnit, now I want to see a genderbent Crocodile.
Old 2009-05-22, 09:12   Link #82
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I wonder how Croc feels with his replacement standing before him... Also with the way things have been going, I wouldn't be surprised if Whitebeard doesn't fall/die in this upcoming battle. Maybe the Marines will be double crossed by all the Shicibukai and suffer a total defeat, plunging the world into total chaos.
Old 2009-05-22, 09:44   Link #83
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

damnn...!!!sanji is really messed up there??
did anyone can go and save him....
Old 2009-05-22, 09:53   Link #84
marvelB

I really don't see why Crocoboy would have any beef with Blackbeard...... after all, the both of them are after Whitebeard's life, are they not? It's more likely that the two of them would team up to achieve their goals, but I wouldn't really be certain about that, either (Crocodile doesn't really strike me as the type of person who'd partner with "dreamer"-types like Teach).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I still don't see Blackbeard as a long time enemy. More like a mid-boss, who already fullfilled his purpose by capturing Ace, and who is going to be defeated soon.
If he really is supposed to be some kind of end-boss, he needs some additional hidden power to his DF, because we seem to already know everything about it. For example it would be cool, if he were able to use the DF powers of all the people he fought against. This could also explain, whe he is so keen on meeting Magellan.

Frankly, I can see Blackbeard being a potential final boss for the series because I'm looking past his abilities here. What makes him such an effective villain is the fact that he's essentially a "dark" version of Luffy. They both believe in following their dreams, both aspire to be the pirate king.... but Blackbeard is just plain evil when compared to Luffy. Plus, he's a villain who's been built up for quite a long time: The first time we heard of him was when he attacked the Drum kingdom. Now he's responsible for setting the gears to this upcoming war (Kuma even tells Moria at Thriller Bark that he felt that Teach would shift the world's balance). Now that he suddenly appeared at Impel Down, we can be certain that he's up to something big that's sure to throw the world in even more disorder, long after the war is over. Yep, I'd definitely say that Teach is endgame material......
Old 2009-05-22, 10:50   Link #85
Prestige

It bothers me a bit... if Blackbeard and Luffy would battle now, and I bet no one really expects to it be their last battle but if they engage in combat what results would be?

Something dramatic could be happen before they could stop battle, Blackbeard is no way going to lose here and Luffy is in real danger here.

I guess Jimbei can do something to Blackbeard but Jimbei stated in last chapter that he has very limited powers when there is no sea/water around.

Crocodile dont really have chances against Blackbeard either because Blackbeard darkness fruit will just destroy other fruits power, its specially powerful against logias.

Currently battle between Blackbeard crew and Luffy team seems to be inevitable and I wonder what and who can stop it? Perhaps Magellan will interrupt them.

I really think Burgess, Doc Q,Van Augerr and Laffite are extremely strong on their own too probly high end New World level so if there will be battle it could mean big trouble to Luffy and his forces.
Old 2009-05-22, 11:02   Link #86
syler321

[QUOTE=Prestige;2410904

Currently battle between Blackbeard crew and Luffy team seems to be inevitable and I wonder what and who can stop it? Perhaps Magellan will interrupt them.
.[/QUOTE]

i think atm if both of them do engage in battle blackbeard will be the winner,i mean luffy is pretty tierd now and blackbeard seems very confident with his power and the way that he came to ID,seems like he knows whats hes doing...

now i think magellan is one way that both of them wont have to fight now and that blackbeard will just take on magellan and luffy will keep on his way,but then again if blackbeard suddenly apeard so can dragon or someone like that that will make sure that luffy keeps on his way to marine HQ...

and when it comes to shinuru i think either blackbeard sucked him in 2 one of his black holes or shinuru for some reason is waiting on there ship.
Old 2009-05-22, 12:00   Link #87
sjaako

IF luffy wants to fight BlackBeard, that would acutally be a pretty good opportunity because of Jimbei and Crocodile. Jimbei and Crocodile are most likely stronger than Zoro and Sanji. I bet there are some badasses trying to escape with luffy who could assist the team ( mr. 1 ).

But BlackBeard just seems too powerfull and probably has already a powerup (Shiryuu) and it's likely to get some more from level 5 and 6.

Luffy doesnt have time to fight around.

I think that someone like Crocodile wont team up with BlackBeard because what will happen if they acually beat WhiteBeard ? who will exceed his throne ? the result will be another hard fight right after f**king WhiteBeard up what wont be pretty.

looking forward to the war

in oda we trust
Old 2009-05-22, 15:53   Link #88
strategos

Not sure if this posted, but would it seems that the story of the other strawhats will be publish in the cover? So would this end up animated later on?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2009-05-22, 16:08   Link #89
Prestige

Best would be that strawhats side storys would be shown entirely in anime... no need for silly fillers and it would encourage people to check anime too
Old 2009-05-22, 18:53   Link #90
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
It bothers me a bit... if Blackbeard and Luffy would battle now, and I bet no one really expects to it be their last battle but if they engage in combat what results would be?

Something dramatic could be happen before they could stop battle, Blackbeard is no way going to lose here and Luffy is in real danger here.

I guess Jimbei can do something to Blackbeard but Jimbei stated in last chapter that he has very limited powers when there is no sea/water around.

Crocodile dont really have chances against Blackbeard either because Blackbeard darkness fruit will just destroy other fruits power, its specially powerful against logias.

I really think Burgess, Doc Q,Van Augerr and Laffite are extremely strong on their own too probly high end New World level so if there will be battle it could mean big trouble to Luffy and his forces.
His Yami Yami fruit doesnt destroy there power he just turns them into normal human beings when he comes in contact with them, but ones he has lost his grip on them, then there powers return. Shows when you watch the battle with Ace.
Old 2009-05-22, 21:08   Link #91
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

So BDK IS there to see Luffy, well the way things were left off between him and Luffy at the end leads me to believe that a skirmish is inevitable.
Old 2009-05-23, 00:05   Link #92
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
So BDK IS there to see Luffy, well the way things were left off between him and Luffy at the end leads me to believe that a skirmish is inevitable.
Yet too be confirmed, I do believe he is just gathering and freeing people who want to fight Whitebeard.
Old 2009-05-23, 02:53   Link #93
Master Mold
Banned

Regarding Luffy and Blackbeard being face to face and what happens next chapter.

My Gut & Brain tells me a major fight won't happen.

But my heart is hoping that it does and Luffy gets Ko'ed, to the point he won't be in the War, but then again Luffy won't make it to the war, or at least should not.

I still think Only Whitebeard will save Ace, while Luffy won't. Seriously how in the heck could Luffy save Ace when he got raped by Yellow Monkeys underling, not to mention, Luffy needed his whole crew to take down a Kuma bot which is an underling of yellow Monkeys underling, can Luffy not comprehend that the Place where Ace (who is leagues above Luffy) is going is where the strong are Gathering? That old hag from Boa's island and the cross dressing trrany said it the best, but to translate it into terms Luffy can under stand, sit your little a$$ down, you ain't Goku or Super man, let grown men handle this, Rookie.

Redemption is close for Jinbei.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-05-23 at 03:19.
Old 2009-05-23, 05:56   Link #94
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Luffy does whatever he wants to (even if he's about to get pwn'd he'll go over to marineford), I want him to reach the place just to see how WB will handle the matter. I'm not expecting him to save Ace but his breakout from ID is almost complete, he should do as least that much and attend his brother's execution like a proper pirate.
Old 2009-05-23, 06:07   Link #95
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I don't think a major battle between Teach and Luffy is Teach's intent. While Luffy may get pissed and start a battle, I think Teach has an ulterior motive for coming here. Why else would he be risking his Shichibukai position over something that, really, is none of his concern? Without Teach's intervention, Shiryuu would have arrived alongside Magelan to defeat Luffy.

Here's what I think. Teach wants Luffy to be at the battle. The reason he is there is to hold of or defeat Magelan so that Luffy can move on and join the fray. He may or may not also want to demolish Impel Down as a signal for his supremacy (he is aiming for the Pirate King throne after all).

Teach's powers might just be the perfect counter for Magelan's poison, as he can just absorb it before it does too much damage.
Old 2009-05-23, 11:18   Link #96
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
No, Blackbeard and his crew have always been pretty big, but not giant. Moria and Kuma are giant and Dorry and Brogy are the true giants.
In regards to your comment, Blackbeard is rather the middle-tier of giants among the Shichibukai, Jinbei is somewhat the dwarfish giant of the Shichibukai, and Kuma and Moria are the largest of Shichibukai. Dorry and Brogy are true giants all right, but let's not forget Oimo and Kashi in the Eines Lobby arc.
Old 2009-05-23, 13:50   Link #97
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Luffy does whatever he wants to (even if he's about to get pwn'd he'll go over to marineford), I want him to reach the place just to see how WB will handle the matter. I'm not expecting him to save Ace but his breakout from ID is almost complete, he should do as least that much and attend his brother's execution like a proper pirate.
Luffy would be attending his own execution as well. Seriously, there's nothing Luffy can do if he goes, it would be a waste. Luffy's business in Impel Down is far from finished, Magallen is close. How can Luffy save Ace when he can't even save himself let alone even attempt the feat?

The SH crew are already out of the storyline it would be good if we took a break from "I'm always screaming" Luffy.
Old 2009-05-23, 15:03   Link #98
strategos

BlackBeard probably wants everyone to duke it out. He wants that all the top tier in the sea finally fight it out. It has been a long stalemate. He will probably release all the silver medalist that Crocodile was referring to in order to end them against White Beard. After the whole Chaos is over Black Beard will move his men and himself into position in order to take over the seas. Right now Shanks is fighting against another Lord. While Whitebeard and the Shichibukai and marines will be fighting. Only left is one last Lord.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2009-05-23, 17:59   Link #99
Rainbowman

What did you mean when you said this?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
The SH crew are already out of the storyline it would be good if we took a break from "I'm always screaming" Luffy.
Something about it is making me uneasy as if this sounded permanent. I never liked the idea of waiting so long for the Strawhat crew to be reunited let alone taking them out of the storyline.
Old 2009-05-23, 18:05   Link #100
Prestige

Its quite rare to see main charecter winning popularity polls in Japan...however Luffy always wins One piece polls, generally most people really likes his charecter or atleast neutral well of course there is people who despises him.

We should enjoy this Luffy adventure while its going, of course we will miss rest of Strawhats who are great invidual charecters also but this is unique moment where Oda can focus in 1 charecter without having to split his attention on multiple perspective.
Closed Thread