AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-05, 07:33   Link #3181
aikming

Suzuka 164 卒業 そつぎょう

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-05, 07:55   Link #3182
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

so last week was 3 month pregnant and this week was 6 months,next week the baby is out?
Old 2007-09-05, 08:38   Link #3183
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Wow, really wrapping things up it seems. This sounds more like an epilogue than chapters.
Old 2007-09-05, 09:00   Link #3184
UPR

Does this feel a little rushed? yes, but have to give thanks and credit to Seo for a great series. It's better to end things to early than to late, before it really started to get repetitave and boring.

Maybe now there is a possiblity for a second season since the manga is over, and 2 years have not passed.
Old 2007-09-05, 16:20   Link #3185
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

If there was a second series, where would you end it because it would really best to end it strong. Suzuka going off to America, her getting back together with Yamoto, her and Yamoto having sexy time would probably have the strongest endings.

Honestly I think the manga would have ended better when Suzuka said she was pregnant. It would have ended on a cliff hanger and although people don't usually like things ending in such ways I think it would have been great. It would have been a wtf! Moron! ending which would have been so fitting! Although the series has been dragging out since Suzuka went to America, it has done even more since the pregnancy, its such a shame they didn't finish it with those words though!
Old 2007-09-05, 18:55   Link #3186
Hydex

Suzuka now makes me lulz.
Old 2007-09-06, 00:04   Link #3187
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ch164. Rushing too fast, imo. But at least...
Spoiler for 164:
As for why anyone would like Yui -- who is my own favorite -- simply read the first few chapters she appears in. She is so free and easy and energetic...to hide her sorrow. The strip was another fairly stupid scene, but it did show her attractive dojikko (clumsy-girl) side, I thought. She's like dojikko without the moe. She seemed more like a real person to me than most of the others. I thought she was the female Yamato (clumsy, stupid, good-hearted, sincere) and they belonged together.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-09-06, 02:26   Link #3188
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Spoiler for 164:

I feel so sad this series is coming to an end and its panned out the way it has, it could have been so much better.
Old 2007-09-06, 05:21   Link #3189
spimmy

to bad the manga is now being rushed
Old 2007-09-06, 06:03   Link #3190
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Am i the only one that doesn't see it being rushed? Only three/two chapters left, and i think this is a good path towards the end.

Spoiler for Chapter 164:

Speculation on the ending --- last chapter shall shows scenes from the future?
Old 2007-09-06, 06:28   Link #3191
Hydex

Next chapter, I predict either the child birth, either a 17 years time skip!
Or maybe their wedding ... hmmm...
Old 2007-09-06, 07:31   Link #3192
aikming

Probably no wedding since Yamato & Suzuka can't afford it and that's why the gang threw a party for them.
Old 2007-09-06, 07:38   Link #3193
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikming View Post
Probably no wedding since Yamato & Suzuka can't afford it and that's why the gang threw a party for them.
Still, seeing as though we've been watching this couple progress since the start, seeing something regarding a wedding would be nice.

Also its certain we'll see the child.
Old 2007-09-06, 07:50   Link #3194
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I have lost count. How many chapters till over?

Also I will expect the massive posts when it is done either saying why the manga was good or bad. This will keep us occupied for a while, lol.
Old 2007-09-06, 18:24   Link #3195
Hydex

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikming View Post
It would be after another time skip, of course
Old 2007-09-06, 21:35   Link #3196
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
we need a 10 year time skip for the last chapter that has suzuka dead. so he can be a single dad raising a little track star.
Old 2007-09-06, 21:57   Link #3197
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Wow..I sense anger..
Old 2007-09-07, 02:35   Link #3198
all-bout-nishino!

i just read ch164. i actually felt a slight pain in my chest while reading it. it brought back alot of memories from my graduation and how fun it was, but, how sad it was too. the pain also was related to the manga itself. i cant believe its finally coming to an end. all those times i looked forward to reading suzuka every week is almost over. i'll actually have to concentrate on school work now. how sad, i'm really gonna miss this. i really hoped that the story went in the other direction though. like going to college and creating a successful future as college students, but this way is ok too. *sigh* i'm already dreading yet with excitement to get the last chapter.
Old 2007-09-07, 16:57   Link #3199
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Well, either Seo got tired, or the editor is pulling the plug. It's all to convenient an ending. I was looking VERY forward to college life and beating Arima's pants off after getting trounced a couple of times first. all the while Suzuka going in and out of fits over her choice in a boyfriend, followed by an ending where Wonderboy goes to the Olympics and becomes a star endorser of Beer or Aftershave or Pocari Sweat or something equally commercial. In the end, Suzuka dumps him for being a sellout... Would've been good for about a third season at least!
Old 2007-09-07, 17:19   Link #3200
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Haha ^^^^^^
Closed Thread