AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-09, 01:43   Link #1181
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

Just to update.

Moe anime and Gundam SEED, which I find both to be absolute garbage. :3
Old 2010-11-09, 02:19   Link #1182
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
I thought the whole point of this thread is that people have opinions that are *gasp*
different from others
The only problem *I* have with this thread is that it doesn't really inform much about the poster. If they gave an example of what they liked, then it might make more sense about what they don't like. Sometimes I get the feeling with some posts that the poster has jumped into mischaracterizing a series rather than simply not understanding what the appeal is.

I don't automatically dislike a series but some story elements are less likely to attract me than others.

Personally, I have no interest in the "top tier never-ending" shounen series (N, OP, Bl, etc) despite taking a stab at them a number of times. The premises, the character interactions, the 'never-ending' just fail to interest me. What attracted me to anime at all was the discovery that it did things besides "boom, shouts, explosions". What I do like tends to be seinen, shoujo, comedy, daily life, romance/bonding types of works. However, I also have a pile of shounen works in my archive... they're just not what some shounen fans realize are shounen due to confusion about labels I'm not really a fan of gritty or heavy violence (though I certainly enjoyed Kurozuko and Speed Grapher kept my attention). I tried to watch Higurashi and found I utterly didn't care - it looks well constructed, just didn't keep my interest. Code Geass I still have no idea why people found it fascinating and no, don't waste a post trying to explain why I should

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-11-09 at 23:57. Reason: Darn, apparently I hurt someone's feelings, but they were too inarticulate to remark in their negrep - how sad for them :)
Old 2010-11-09, 03:38   Link #1183
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I hate anything "YURI THEME"..... except when they have "ECCHI STUFFs*"
Old 2010-11-09, 04:27   Link #1184
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

Being that I have a specific taste in anime, I don't really focus on a certain aspect of a series such as moe-content, fan-service, action, plot etc. If it looks subtle to me, then I'd watch it.

Ergo, I am not fond of...

Ore no Imouto wa Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai - No offense to people who like this series, but when I watched this series, I got the impression that it tries too hard to be moe. I didn't gravitate toward Kirino Kousaka (the series' main character) mostly because she seemed like a representation of things otaku tend to like. As much as I am fond of moe characters, I don't base them on their moe factor alone. Kirino's character archetype is just too much for me. Aside from that, I didn't find the story to be interesting because I don't have a fondness for sibling relationship based stories (the only exception being Candy Boy.)

Highschool of the Dead - For a zombie-apocalypse anime like this, I didn't enjoy the fan-service one bit. To me it felt forced and taken out of context. I didn't find the zombies to be scary at all due to the lack of atmosphere that the series could have provided. As for the characters, Saeko Busujima was the only character that I liked.

Tora-Dora - I didn't like the characters in this anime (mostly Taiga and Ami) which made it pointless for me to watch it for the plot. Aside from that, I'm not fond of romantic comedies like this (with only an exception of a few titles.)
Old 2010-11-09, 04:31   Link #1185
nastynash

an anime that makes me ill wud b rental magic i cant stand it
Old 2010-11-09, 11:10   Link #1186
james0246

For future reference, this thread is dedicated solely to anime that you feel is overrated and or bad, not the types of fans for certain shows/genres/styles/etc. Keep the posts focused on the anime, not the fans.
Old 2010-11-09, 11:38   Link #1187
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

OreImo- The plots are unintresting so is Kyousuke and Kirino is way too tsun tsun
Old 2010-11-09, 12:09   Link #1188
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
For future reference, this thread is dedicated solely to anime that you feel is overrated and or bad, not the types of fans for certain shows/genres/styles/etc. Keep the posts focused on the anime, not the fans.
Understood.

Will focus completely on why moe or moe as it's become known as is bad within anime.
Old 2010-11-09, 20:09   Link #1189
Gault
inc_mplete

Not really Anime but related KAMEN RIDER - Now what the f... is this shxt?
Bleach , Naruto and One Piece - regardless tonnes like this incl my Japanese intl student friends, I dont understand how :S
Old 2010-11-09, 21:51   Link #1190
KanaMinami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gault View Post
Not really Anime but related KAMEN RIDER - Now what the f... is this shxt?
BINGO.. I don't know why and why many people like that, looks like crap to me

TMOHS - kinda overrated, sure thing it is funny but it doesn't deserved to be overhyped like that

is the fairy this coming season
// Sig by ganbaru
Old 2010-11-10, 17:39   Link #1191
darry

Death Note, Bleach, Evangelion

guess thats it
Old 2010-11-10, 19:44   Link #1192
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Mine would be..

- Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Dragon Ball
- Gundam 00
- Fate Stay Night, Shingetsutan Tsukihime
- To Aru Majutsu no Index
- Ore no Imouto
- Most of ecchi and harem stuffs...

Actually there are so many of them (I only watch a small number of anime) but I don't have any particular hate. It's just they are not my type
Old 2010-11-11, 13:50   Link #1193
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Wouldn't say I hate or even dislike, but Seitokai Yakuindomo disappointed me quite a lot yet lots of people I know seemed to like it a lot. I was expecting the humour to evolve and at least get a bit more creative, but it just seemed to get worse over time. As it stands, SYD is a series that I believe has a strong character-base, but bad comedic writing and thus doesn't really bring out any of its potential.

And yeah I realize my avatar is from there.
Old 2010-11-12, 23:24   Link #1194
Olivia_688

Everybody seems to love Naruto, but I guess action anime's dont really interest me so I wont argue with that, for the anime that nobody seems to like - I would recommend Loveless - its a really cute anime that has a unique love story <3
Old 2010-11-13, 07:15   Link #1195
Yuna Amakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Nobody likes Tsukihime. People even say that there isn't a Tsukihime anime. If you're talking about the VN, then I can understand, but the anime, really, no.
Old 2010-11-13, 07:44   Link #1196
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
Nobody likes Tsukihime. People even say that there isn't a Tsukihime anime. If you're talking about the VN, then I can understand, but the anime, really, no.
Really? I have many friends who liked that anime and any works by type moon. But well, I guess it's relative anyway.

Just like how many people mentioned Gundam SEED series here. I was kinda surprised because people here think that it is a loved by many people (it is true, including me, actually). But I myself viewed them as a hated anime coz I believe there are far more haters out there than the lovers.
Old 2010-11-13, 08:43   Link #1197
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

1. Hetalia(all of them)

I don't even remember when I laugh at it. It just not funny to begin. Its jokes aren't satyrical or symbolic to the real history. More importantly it also become victim of fangirlism, much like Ouran High School Host Club. Male viewers love it because of its lenght per episode than anything else, even busiest otakus can see them.

2. Gensomaden Saiyuki

Maybe not in the West but in Japan it was responsible of spawning some bad bishounen shows such as 07-Ghost and Uragiri-something. While it may not the first(X from CLAMP was shown much earlier but didn't get attention from male viewers) but if you can blame that phenomenon, blame GS. Much like Hetalia, it become popular because it was loved by teenage boys and young men, who aren't the real target audience of the show.

3. B Gata H Kei

I can't understand why lots of people love this show for its ecchi-ness while they hated most other shows in same genre(like Nyan-Koi for example) despite those shows are far 'tamer' in ecchi content.
Old 2010-11-14, 05:40   Link #1198
Gintoki Aizawa

Naruto, One Piece, Bleach. I just think they're boring. I love action anime, but these three just don't appeal to me.
I don't like most ecchi either. I'm really not interested in animated boobs, I would rather focus on the story and character development.
Old 2010-11-14, 13:07   Link #1199
Valkrie
Banned

Not anime, talking manga, but I hate Onidere and think it's total crap on all levels but a lot of people enjoy it
Old 2010-11-14, 16:53   Link #1200
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
3. B Gata H Kei

I can't understand why lots of people love this show for its ecchi-ness while they hated most other shows in same genre(like Nyan-Koi for example) despite those shows are far 'tamer' in ecchi content.
Hmm I must be odd then since I preferred Nyan Koi, but I like both of them. And I liked B Gata H Kei since it frankly had an absurd premise that it used to well make the series that much more funny generally.
MAL
Closed Thread