AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 42 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 13.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.90%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.95%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-02, 12:42   Link #121
syke123

This episode was badass, 4 sephira down, one left. Who will take the last role of the genome user? Either it's Haruka or Shu's real mother.
Old 2012-03-02, 12:44   Link #122
Soji

syke123@ The void genome was always 3. One yuu,one was shu and now his Gai the one that had that one. And the last one ...the one that Shu had.
Old 2012-03-02, 12:49   Link #123
ookamigirl

Ouma on the run.
Guess this was the other side of the coin story.
I'm glad to see Shu didn't give up after all.
The void genome they stole was a dangerous gamble.
I was kinda expecting Shu to use it, guess I was right on.
His new powers were awesome!!
Things are back on track now, finally some good vs bad action on a bigger & cooler scale.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-03-02, 12:51   Link #124
Manic
real men love pink

the thing i dont get is haruka did all that crap in the previous episodes to save shu from the power of the king, but this ep she stole the 3rd and wished for shu to use it. So what was the point, i know shu learned a valuable lesson from it and grew from the experience. Just doesnt make sense from her perspective.
Old 2012-03-02, 12:51   Link #125
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
syke123@ The void genome was always 3. One yuu,one was shu and now his Gai the one that had that one. And the last one ...the one that Shu had.
Yes but there's something wrong, we have Mana,Gai,Daath,Shu.

They created 3 although who's to say prototypes before weren't used?
Old 2012-03-02, 13:02   Link #126
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
the thing i dont get is haruka did all that crap in the previous episodes to save shu from the power of the king, but this ep she stole the 3rd and wished for shu to use it. So what was the point, i know shu learned a valuable lesson from it and grew from the experience. Just doesnt make sense from her perspective.
She stated the reason through out the episode but it was not in one big go.

1. Stole it so her brother wouldnt find it

2. It is the worlds and their last hope but its a dangerous gamble.

3. Even though she worked to free Shu from the curse of the king, She states to Ayase when Ayase asks if she could use the Genome to fight Gai, even though she knows it may kill Shu, she still doesn't want to give it to anyone else but she doesnt want to give it Shu either. It was her maternal instinct she wants Shu to be safe but she also wants Shu to save everyone because he is honestly the worlds only hope so she was conflicted. Even though they are not blood related Shu IS her child and it would be hard for any parent to give their child something that might kill them
Old 2012-03-02, 13:07   Link #127
Manic
real men love pink

yeah but it still doesnt make much sense. She had to save him from the power and gave it to someone who's gonna use it to destroy the world (so hed be dead anyway), but then essentially knows he is the worlds only hope and gets him another one.
Old 2012-03-02, 13:29   Link #128
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
yeah but it still doesnt make much sense. She had to save him from the power and gave it to someone who's gonna use it to destroy the world (so hed be dead anyway), but then essentially knows he is the worlds only hope and gets him another one.
She outright said it this episode. She stole it with the intention of giving it to somebody, while selfishly hoping that she could throw somebody else out there and not Shu again. She clearly didn't want Shu to have this last Genome, and was hoping to pass it off to somebody else and spare Shu the burden.

Which is one of a few reasons that I still don't really like her. Having Shu's best interests at heart and being a caring mother doesn't really change the fact that she both allowed and to a degree helped GHQ do what it has done over the past handful of episodes.
Old 2012-03-02, 13:57   Link #129
Manic
real men love pink

meh i thought she had said she wanted shu to be the one to use it again at some point in the ep. I watched it late so might be mistaken.
Old 2012-03-02, 14:03   Link #130
blue_sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
It was already explained in this episode im not sure how you missed it. Haruka went along with the Plan to save Shu from the burden of the Kings Hand. Eventually the use of Void power will corrupt your DNA and you will die. So she went along with her brothers plan because it was better for Shu to lose an arm than to lose his life. Everything she has done has been for Shu's sake her deeds looked evil but she did them to save his life, honestly she is more of a mother than most of us gave her credit for even though Shu is not hers by blood. Im not sure how you saw Haruka's explanation about the burden of the Kings as nonsensical.

Shu did not ignore everyone he addressed them as a group when he asked for permission to use their Voids one more time. He only addressed Ayase face to face because she was there in front of him laying on the ground as she begged him not to use the Genome again.
I thought that the third genome is the one which will corrupt the user, it will be worse for Shu as he takes it the second time and the third genome is stronger than the rest of the genomes. Shu was perfectly fine when he used the genome the first time and as after 17 episodes he doesn't have any side effects so I merely assumed that his body has become resistant to the genome.

It still doesn't explain why she didn't just stole the genome earlier and doesn't follow the whole plan and just tell Shu that he needs to amputate his arm because supposedly he will be infected. At least Shu wouldn't suffer all that emotional trauma and have a higher risk to be safe (because logically Shu would have died because of blood loss and no medical treatment). In the end Shu still takes the third genome and he's now in higher risk of death. Haruka's actions makes him more burdened than before, so actually everything she did was pretty stupid to me. And why can't just Gai takes the third genome if it's already in Keido's possession to begin with?

Well, at least he ignored Argo and Tsugumi. He only acknowledges the others just to use their void. He had more meaningful conversations with both Ayase and Haruka than all of them.
Old 2012-03-02, 14:03   Link #131
Windows X

For the awesomeness of Shu-kun in this ep, here I translated lyrics of Bios into English version. I changed some meanings a little so it could fit to be lip-sync with original song.

The ancient ruin is still beautiful.
I wait for long time. Always there again.
In my hands holding this flower.

It might be just like a bird in the cage
How could I reach to your heart?
I need you to be stronger than anyone
I release my soul so you can feel my song

Rain keeps dropping is from my tears.
Wind is my heart breath and my tales to you.
Strenched leaves and breaches are my hands to reach you.
As I'm kept away deep into the roots.

When this season's turned to the echo.
I'll break loose and raise up to sing this
The forget-me-not this flower you keep me hold is here.

Remember our story?
Remember our story of words you vowed down to me again? Remember?
Remember our story?
Remember our story of the day when you once told me?

When this season of forget-me-not has come to me, I'll sing.
When this season of forget-me-not comes, I'll call away to you.

Remember our story?
Remember our story of words you vowed down to me again? Remember?
Remember our story?
Remember our story of the day when you once told me?

It could be the whole of the problem, change your body
I need you to be stronger than anyone
I release my soul so you feel my breath
Feel my move

Rain keeps dropping is from my tears.
Wind is my heart breath and my tales to you.
Strenched leaves and breaches are my hands to reach you.
As I'm kept away deep into the roots.

When this season's turned to the echo.
I'll break loose and raise up to sing this
The forget-me-not this flower you keep me hold is here.
Old 2012-03-02, 14:27   Link #132
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
I thought that the third genome is the one which will corrupt the user, it will be worse for Shu as he takes it the second time and the third genome is stronger than the rest of the genomes. Shu was perfectly fine when he used the genome the first time and as after 17 episodes he doesn't have any side effects so I merely assumed that his body has become resistant to the genome.

It still doesn't explain why she didn't just stole the genome earlier and doesn't follow the whole plan and just tell Shu that he needs to amputate his arm because supposedly he will be infected. At least Shu wouldn't suffer all that emotional trauma and have a higher risk to be safe (because logically Shu would have died because of blood loss and no medical treatment). In the end Shu still takes the third genome and he's now in higher risk of death. Haruka's actions makes him more burdened than before, so actually everything she did was pretty stupid to me. And why can't just Gai takes the third genome if it's already in Keido's possession to begin with?

Well, at least he ignored Argo and Tsugumi. He only acknowledges the others just to use their void. He had more meaningful conversations with both Ayase and Haruka than all of them.
Actually it was not specifically mentioned that the third genome is stronger and all the Genomes on some level will corrupt. The problem is that Shu had it and it was forcefully removed and now it has been implanted again. The Genome corrupt on a cellular level the longer you use it. So if Shu had not lost his arm but continued to use Voids at the rate he was it would have happened anyway. Having a new implanted sped up the process.

Also, the reason why the 3rd Genome seems stronger is because for the first time Shu was able to draw out his own void which enhances his ability he can now use that which makes the person whole all of it. Shu needed to lose his arm in order for this to happen. It would not have had the same effect if he would amputated his arm himself. He would not have had the right mindset to do what needs to be done. The stronger the person's will and when the people share a deep bond or connection like love it becomes stronger.. Which is why Inori's void has always been his strongest. Gai would not be able to use Inori's void to the same potential as Shu, it cant be a one way street. Even Souta's Void increased in level when Shu uses it because of his forgiveness and friendship for Souta and vice versa. Now that Shu can take all of a person it means he will also take their cancer. His upgrade was not just the 3rd Genome it was his resolve, his determination and he finally stopped running and questioning himself in his head. All of this lead to his upgrade and him being able to pull his own Void.

There was no reason for Haruka to reveal the hiding place of the 3rd Genome therefore you cant give Gai something that is hidden. While Shu still had the 2nd one she had to think of a plan of action she only thought of saving Shu not the world at first and if you are parent you would understand her feelings. If you stop and think her choices throughout the entire series were limited to begin with. She never wanted Shu to have the Genome in the first place because of the corruption and curse of the King he would have been used by her brother. She went as far as she could go to save Shu with very little options. To her loosing his arm vs becoming what Gai is now was a better deal. She used her brother and Gai to remove 2nd Genome and planned on giving the 3rd one to someone else but Shu decided to carry the burden anyway.

Viewers need to look deeper into the meaning of things in this series. Somethings dont need to be said and also human emotions and how flawed humans are plays a huge role in this series. Hating Haruka for her choices is understandable but one must stop and think about why these choice were made. What she did was not pointless because its actually bought Shu to this point where is not scared, he will not run away and he has bettered himself through all the pain and loss he is now standing on his own 2 feet and not being supported by everyone alone. Shu is now the one to support others the fate of the world can not be broken down into finger pointing contest.
Old 2012-03-02, 15:35   Link #133
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Shu turned into the Green Lantern crossed with one of many Nathan Greys/Summers. Techno-organic virus, light powers, green constructs. Bwahaha!

There is a way out of death. Someone may have the ultimate void genome... someone who longs for the past, someone who wishes for second chance.

A void time machine! Haruka? Daath? Mana?

Shu could jump back in time, deflect the meteor, and save the present by changing the past.

Shu's a badass now. He has that scarf and jacket that make him look like he's wearing a neck tube and poncho when he's flying around. Only badasses dress like that.

Shu and that hand... it now has to burn green with an awesome power. It's bright light has to tell him to beat Gai. Erupting Burning Finger!
Old 2012-03-02, 16:46   Link #134
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Actually it was not specifically mentioned that the third genome is stronger and all the Genomes on some level will corrupt. The problem is that Shu had it and it was forcefully removed and now it has been implanted again. The Genome corrupt on a cellular level the longer you use it. So if Shu had not lost his arm but continued to use Voids at the rate he was it would have happened anyway. Having a new implanted sped up the process.

Also, the reason why the 3rd Genome seems stronger is because for the first time Shu was able to draw out his own void which enhances his ability he can now use that which makes the person whole all of it. Shu needed to lose his arm in order for this to happen. It would not have had the same effect if he would amputated his arm himself. He would not have had the right mindset to do what needs to be done. The stronger the person's will and when the people share a deep bond or connection like love it becomes stronger.. Which is why Inori's void has always been his strongest. Gai would not be able to use Inori's void to the same potential as Shu, it cant be a one way street. Even Souta's Void increased in level when Shu uses it because of his forgiveness and friendship for Souta and vice versa. Now that Shu can take all of a person it means he will also take their cancer. His upgrade was not just the 3rd Genome it was his resolve, his determination and he finally stopped running and questioning himself in his head. All of this lead to his upgrade and him being able to pull his own Void.

There was no reason for Haruka to reveal the hiding place of the 3rd Genome therefore you cant give Gai something that is hidden. While Shu still had the 2nd one she had to think of a plan of action she only thought of saving Shu not the world at first and if you are parent you would understand her feelings. If you stop and think her choices throughout the entire series were limited to begin with. She never wanted Shu to have the Genome in the first place because of the corruption and curse of the King he would have been used by her brother. She went as far as she could go to save Shu with very little options. To her loosing his arm vs becoming what Gai is now was a better deal. She used her brother and Gai to remove 2nd Genome and planned on giving the 3rd one to someone else but Shu decided to carry the burden anyway.

Viewers need to look deeper into the meaning of things in this series. Somethings dont need to be said and also human emotions and how flawed humans are plays a huge role in this series. Hating Haruka for her choices is understandable but one must stop and think about why these choice were made. What she did was not pointless because its actually bought Shu to this point where is not scared, he will not run away and he has bettered himself through all the pain and loss he is now standing on his own 2 feet and not being supported by everyone alone. Shu is now the one to support others the fate of the world can not be broken down into finger pointing contest.
I agree with you, but I am a bit confused with the arm theory that Shu had to lose it to draw out his void. Are you saying that the lost arm is a mean to stepping up his strength and bear the 3th genome, but it could be any other meaningful thing? or it had to be that arm? As I see it is more that his void is his arm just because he lost it.

Talking about Haruka, probably I misunderstood, but she tried to kill Mana first and when his brother told her that Mana has never been there then she stole the genome. As her plan A was to eliminate her daughter, as this would have ended Koudou's plans, and her plan B was to stole the genome, knowing that at 99% Shu had used it.

On the other end so far Shu has always been the chosen one to be the king. Or this is what I thought, and so I believe that even now. If we count how easily Haruka stole the genome (aka, his brother let her steal it) we could say that things are going as planned as always. But I had expected more consciousness from Haruka on this point.

Last thing. Ok, the OP ends in that way, so until the end I'm expecting Shu dying, even if I really hope it is a red herring. And more, looking at the quite Inori lying in the grass, I always get the feeling that her host is changed .. but again, I hope that they will not take that route.

Because I want a happy f****g ending with Inori, Ayase and Shu alive on that shore. (Mana too would be asking for to much).

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Last edited by Arya; 2012-03-02 at 17:02.
Old 2012-03-02, 16:54   Link #135
Trudinh

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
Yes but there's something wrong, we have Mana,Gai,Daath,Shu.

They created 3 although who's to say prototypes before weren't used?
mana dont have one? there only 3. 3 were only successively created. And shu new arm is his void, it going to disappear when he turn 18 ^^. im still a little confuse about shu void. (it an void that look like an hand, that take people weaknesses and strength?) am i correct on this?
Old 2012-03-02, 17:04   Link #136
Soji

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
With her host has changed...you mean the body or she is not in love with Shu anymore.(sorry for ask this)

And ..I agree with you're last part. I really think that Shu,Inori and Ayase really deserve a happy ending.(hell even mana no more in her Yandere mode)
Old 2012-03-02, 17:16   Link #137
com_gwp

Sigh, this episode serves as the strongest example as to why voids are some of the worst examples of plot devices I've seen in a show. And to think it was still going decently enough until we hit Jesus Shu and full batshit Sergai. Sigh.
Old 2012-03-02, 17:17   Link #138
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I agree with you, but I am a bit confused with the arm theory that Shu had to lose it to draw out his void. Are you saying that the lost arm is a mean to stepping up his strength and bear the 3th genome, but it could be any other meaningful thing? or it had to be that arm? As I see it is more that his void is his arm just because he lost it.
Here is how i understand it. The problem with Voids is that its very personal you are peeking inside the heart of another. Also, peoples Voids change as their hearts and experiences change as well. Everyone thought Sergei was crazy (he kind of was) but Sergei was looking for something specific he wanted to see the moment when one persons heart touches another. Inori's Void has always been Shu's strongest Void because of his feelings for her and Inori even though she had no idea what it was felt the same way.

If Shu did not lose his arm he would not have gone through the Soul searching he did when Inori left. His desire to save Inori and save everyone else no matter the cost was his first was the key. He made this decision on his own no one forced it on him for once Shu's mind and heart are in unison. Now combine his new found confidence with the bonding of the 3rd Genome and Shu's Void became that what he need most to achieve his a goals. Im willing to bet that Shu's void was something different before he lost his arm.

You are right his Void is his arm because he lost it just like Ayase's Void are legs because hers are not functional. The main point is that Shu's arm is metaphor for a multitude of things in the series and he would have never have gained the new found confidence and determination. Everyone thinks Shu is a bad ass now but they are skipping over exactly what led up to him becoming a bad ass. Honestly, the best thing that could have happen to him was losing his arm.
Old 2012-03-02, 17:20   Link #139
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
With her host has changed...you mean the body or she is not in love with Shu anymore.(sorry for ask this)

And ..I agree with you're last part. I really think that Shu,Inori and Ayase really deserve a happy ending.(hell even mana no more in her Yandere mode)
My mistake, I mean her host *is changed* ... Mana is gone and ... you know, something really similar to a certain other show.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-03-02, 17:26   Link #140
Soji

Arya@ Well I don't think that would be totally a bad thing. Mana need to rest in peace once and for all. And inori heart/feeling are her onw. The only thing I want is Shu still alive,because this ep not look to good for him.
Closed Thread