Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-05-28, 15:32   Link #41
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Burgess just might end up carting off Doflamingo's body with the devil fruit....

After that display, that is.
Old 2015-05-28, 17:13   Link #42
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 788(Double Damage?)
If the princes's healing powers where to fall on Luffy before the 10 mins are up I think they would have a devastating affect on him. Sure he would be healed but it would be double the affects of his gear 4 which could kill him after the healing wore off.
Donīt know about that one... Luffy seems more exhausted and drained rather than damaged. I donīt think those tear-thingies would do a lot for Luffy.
Old 2015-05-28, 18:11   Link #43
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Not even a friggin meteorite falling down at insane speed put a dent on the cage. Doflamingo has mastered his devil fruit beyond its basic abilities, he's an awakened paramecia.
I'm thinking that this is all to get Luffy to search for a way to become an awakened Paramecia as well. I'm surprised that Rayleigh never told him about awakened DF's. Then again, Rayleigh wanted to teach him the bare minimum to survive in the NW, not to nurse him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post
The birdcage is just plot-powered, that's all.
Pls nerf plot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake007 View Post
This birdcage is a monster. So why do Dofla are getting nervous if he hears Kaidou?
If Dofla is at 100% where is Kaidou (DF?), Big Mom(DF!), Blackbeard(2DF maybe more) and especially Shanks (no DF at this point known) in this list.

I do not begin with those two bastard Admirals I hate the most.

But the chapter was nice and I hope Oda does not milk it to the extreme. As this arc is a little bit long when I put punk hazard into this.
If we are to believe that Doffy is between Shichibukai and Yonkou level, then what is a Yonkou like lol? No way Luffy can handle that atm.Yeah this does begin to feel like a long arc, but I guess we'll learn the true purpose later on (I hope).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
It is so tense... I hope those teardelions won't hit Doflamingo.. it is not funny if he managed to recover faster than Luffy

I hope Violet won't die in dumb way against Doflamingo.. and looks like as predicted, Fujitora and Navy helped the citizen and pirates
I like the fact that navy, Dressrosa, and pirates are united to fight a single enemy, Doflamingo

keep the hype!
Having Viola die now would be very tragic and would leave a bad taste imo. It's about time Fujitora did something. The guy not being able to dent this is sort of discomforting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I think Fujitora could probably beat the Birdcage on his own as well, but he isn't exactly a public safety poster boy. He's been dropping meteors on Dressrosa left and right and even one that got sliced up by the Birdcage that could have easily killed 100s of people.

who's the cynical one?
Yeah I'm not buying that he can't drop a huge meteor on this due to the citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Burgess just might end up carting off Doflamingo's body with the devil fruit....

After that display, that is.
I kind of not want him to get that one, we've seen what Doffy does with it. But I guess that most of Blackbeard's crew will have a DF to power them up.
Old 2015-05-28, 18:20   Link #44
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
I'm thinking that this is all to get Luffy to search for a way to become an awakened Paramecia as well. I'm surprised that Rayleigh never told him about awakened DF's. Then again, Rayleigh wanted to teach him the bare minimum to survive in the NW, not to nurse him.
I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy befriends someone on the next couple of islands who is an Awakened DF user and teaches him how to do it. It would be kind of like Naruto and Bleach, in that the hero learns different techniques from different teachers. Rayleigh was his Haki sensei someone else will probably be his DF sensei. just a guess. it would be badass if he learned it on his own, but I think that's unlikely.

on a side note, I'd like to see an Awakened Chopper and Robin. Don't know about Brook. It'd be awesome if it gave him his human form back

Quote:
If we are to believe that Doffy is between Shichibukai and Yonkou level, then what is a Yonkou like lol? No way Luffy can handle that atm.
yea. he will need a new power-up to deal with the Yonkou. I assume it will be Awakening.
Old 2015-05-28, 18:20   Link #45
necrolyte

I totally agree with all of you about the birdcage being way to OP and about Fujitora's reason for not destroying it because he may end up killing too much people but there is one thing that is bothering me and I'm curious why nobody has mentioned it till now.
Why after 9 of the 10 minutes Luffy needed to recover for this special atack have passed he looks almost dead. Don't you think if you need 10 minutes to recover from/for something after 9 you will be ready at 90% not at death's door. Does this mean that when the 10th minute hit he will instantly revive, if this is the case I think it's very stupid and unrealistic ?
Old 2015-05-28, 22:20   Link #46
Tuor

I'm guessing that Luffy figures it will take him 10 minutes to recover his Haki to the point he can pull off 4th Gear long enough to defeat Doffy, *not* that his Haki will be fully restored by then. There's just no point in fighting Doffy unless he can access 4th Gear, and I would assume he knows how much of it he'll need.
Old 2015-05-29, 00:18   Link #47
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
I totally agree with all of you about the birdcage being way to OP and about Fujitora's reason for not destroying it because he may end up killing too much people but there is one thing that is bothering me and I'm curious why nobody has mentioned it till now.
Why after 9 of the 10 minutes Luffy needed to recover for this special atack have passed he looks almost dead. Don't you think if you need 10 minutes to recover from/for something after 9 you will be ready at 90% not at death's door. Does this mean that when the 10th minute hit he will instantly revive, if this is the case I think it's very stupid and unrealistic ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuor
I'm guessing that Luffy figures it will take him 10 minutes to recover his Haki to the point he can pull off 4th Gear long enough to defeat Doffy, *not* that his Haki will be fully restored by then. There's just no point in fighting Doffy unless he can access 4th Gear, and I would assume he knows how much of it he'll need.
Well, Luffy said, he canīt use Haki at all. If you multiple 0 use of Haki with 0.9 it is still 0. It didnīt sound like he could recover partially... Luffy just stated that he isnīt able to use Haki at all for 10 minutes, hence a pretty devastating side effect in the New World.
Old 2015-05-29, 05:37   Link #48
necrolyte

^ri0 I agree with you about Haki especially after I've read chapter 786 again (just to be sure)
The thing is I wasn't talking just about Haki. Look at the last page from this chapter how Luffy is lying on the ground with his eyes closed. At this point even if he regains enough Haki for Gear 4th how will he use it when he can barely stand ?

P.S. I know it may be because he don't want to waste any energy at the moment and I'm just overthinking it.
Old 2015-05-29, 14:11   Link #49
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

^ it seems to be the same as when Luffy used Gear 3 before the time skip and his body shrunk. All of a sudden "BAM!" he was back to normal after a few minutes. I assume this will have a similar outcome.
Old 2015-05-29, 15:52   Link #50
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
P.S. I know it may be because he don't want to waste any energy at the moment and I'm just overthinking it.
I'm pretty sure this is the reason. He's expending zero energy. Even resting his eyes. If he was sleeping, I assume he'd have a sleep bubble coming out of his nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post
^ it seems to be the same as when Luffy used Gear 3 before the time skip and his body shrunk. All of a sudden "BAM!" he was back to normal after a few minutes. I assume this will have a similar outcome.
yes, I think so too.

00:01 - nothing
09:59 - nothing still
10:00 - up and ready to beat Doflamingo somehow
Old 2015-05-29, 16:57   Link #51
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Wonder what the side effects for gear 5 are?

Luffy: "guys I wont regain conciousness for 30min, watch my back kthx!!"
Old 2015-05-30, 01:07   Link #52
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post
Wonder what the side effects for gear 5 are?

Luffy: "guys I wont regain conciousness for 30min, watch my back kthx!!"
And then the side-effect of awakening!

'Guys, Im going a bit wild to end this, but awakening my devil fruit renders me a normal human without df powers for 10 minutes!'

Let that aside, Im sure BC is being used as a plot device here and could be easily cut down by someone at the level of Lucci, Kuma, Akainu and other admirals. If only Fuji could, there'd be no plot excitement at all to this. BUT birdcage seriously and eventually needs to get bitchslapped in a way similar to Bellamy to prevent its new god mode status.

Last edited by Rawrz; 2015-05-31 at 04:19.
Old 2015-06-03, 16:31   Link #53
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Will there be a chapter this week?
Old 2015-06-03, 23:30   Link #54
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Will there be a chapter this week?

This week? Yes. The same can't be said for next week, though....
Closed Thread