AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2014-02-08, 11:44   Link #1041
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
And Misterioso >>> Magia
Blasphemy! Kajiura has not managed to make a single song after Magia that has surpassed it!!![/overreaction]

...Kimi no Gin no Niwa is still amazing though. That is one thing that I cannot deny no matter how much I otherwise hate the last 20 minutes of this film.
Old 2015-06-17, 04:06   Link #1042
Laevatein

SF Debris reviews Rebellion
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-18, 01:44   Link #1043
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
That was a really funny review, though it gets serious at the end. It fills up a lot of gaps for sure, and there was quite a bit of effort put into it.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-24, 15:20   Link #1044
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
That was a really funny review, though it gets serious at the end. It fills up a lot of gaps for sure, and there was quite a bit of effort put into it.
He's also done reviews for the series and some other anime, if you liked that.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 19:27   Link #1045
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Rewatched this again today and what's a masterpiece it is. In fact it's 2.5 masterpieces into one. The mystery and plot twist until Homura realisation. Top attention to detail. Homura really was kicked in the ass real bad there by both Mami and Sayaka despite her OP power. Then the epicness of the fight, witch vs witch FTW (Oh and Kyouko x Sayaka went total canon).

And while the ending was generally controversial, I will be honest they could have end this anime with the best grand final ever. But it will deny any chances of future sequences. So if they can keep up this good writing, I will be very glad to see more Madoka in the future.

And they actually did give a couple hints on Homura's desire during Homura monologue. So it was not totally out of left field

Just don't do the same universe bs please. The cast is strong as it is already, don't need a bunch of other wannabe

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2015-07-05 at 22:54.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 19:34   Link #1046
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Homura really was kicked in the ass real bad there by both Mami and Sayaka despite her OP power.
I thought the fight with Mami was pretty evenly matched myself. And Sayaka ran away before a real fight could even start.
Old 2015-07-05, 19:57   Link #1047
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Oh, right. The Madoka recap films were a thing.

I really couldn't get past the first 20 minutes or so of the first Madoka film. The pacing doesn't look any different, but something about it feels off.

I like the part where Luminous though. That MadoHomu scene/gif is helladorable.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 20:41   Link #1048
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Homura really was kicked in the ass real bad there by both Mami and Sayaka despite her OP power.
Great moments for Mami and Sayaka, but not particularly bad for Homura. Homura had no particular reason to think her time-hax wouldn't work as well as usual here. Mami's means of getting around it was simply brilliant, while Sayaka was exceptionally smooth and fast which understandably surprised Homura since Homura was used to a more newbie Sayaka (Homura herself even commented on that, IIRC).

Mami vs. Homura was also very evenly-matched until Mami pulled her final trump card.
Old 2015-07-05, 22:46   Link #1049
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I thought the fight with Mami was pretty evenly matched myself. And Sayaka ran away before a real fight could even start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Great moments for Mami and Sayaka, but not particularly bad for Homura. Homura had no particular reason to think her time-hax wouldn't work as well as usual here. Mami's means of getting around it was simply brilliant, while Sayaka was exceptionally smooth and fast which understandably surprised Homura since Homura was used to a more newbie Sayaka (Homura herself even commented on that, IIRC).

Mami vs. Homura was also very evenly-matched until Mami pulled her final trump card.
I think the key is Homura sorta have to restart the time every time she want to deal impact. And Mami clone ribbon even during dying second showed that she would defeat Homura every time. Similarly Sayaka literally could clench Homura clockwork at pin-point accurate with her sword. Just to show off. If they really fought seriously right there, she would have destroyed Homura gem before Homura could even activate her skill.

I think what made those fights so interesting , is during the TV series, you sorta think that Homura was having a broken power. But turned out almost every Magical Girl could get around it quite brilliantly

The part where Sayaka do Shaft head-tilting while call Homura "Transfer student" and her witch version shadow on the water reflection. That part was brilliant. More so with my rewatch. That plus the witches fight, no wonder Sayaka got so many points for Rebellion. She rose from my least favourite character in Madoka to the most due to the 3rd Movie

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2015-07-05 at 22:59.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 00:54   Link #1050
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I think the key is Homura sorta have to restart the time every time she want to deal impact. And Mami clone ribbon even during dying second showed that she would defeat Homura every time.
Mami got the upper hand at the end due to surprise factor. It's not something she could have been able to do at any moment. And she got lucky Homura decided to shoot her. If Homura just took Bebe and ran away, Mami would have lost.

Quote:
Similarly Sayaka literally could clench Homura clockwork at pin-point accurate with her sword. Just to show off.
She wasn't showing off. She was doing the only thing she could do to stop Homura. And I don't think she could pull that off twice. It only worked the first time because Homura wasn't expecting it.

Homura's problem isn't lack of power or skills, it's being reckless and relying too much on expectations based on previous knowledge. She lost to Mami because she didn't expect such a self-assured Mami. This was Mami at her best, as Sayaka said. But she wasn't talking about power. She was talking about the psychological factor. Mami was emotionally and psychologically at the top of her game.

Same with Sayaka. Homura expected the same Sayaka she knew from her memories. Someone fairly incompetent, if you will. Instead she got a more self-assured and even powerful Sayaka.

Quote:
If they really fought seriously right there, she would have destroyed Homura gem before Homura could even activate her skill.
Mami won her fight, yes, but she was fighting at her best. Sayaka said as much. As for Sayaka herself, we don't know how well she would have faired if she stayed to fight for real, and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have been able to stop Homura's clock twice, so it would have been a pretty tough fight.
Old 2015-07-06, 07:29   Link #1051
Triple_R
*Author

@risingstar3110 - I fall somewhere between you and Kazu-kun on Homura vs. Mami, and Homura vs. Sayaka, but I don't think I care enough about it to discuss it or debate it at length. I used to debate "superhero fights" a lot on another forum several years ago, and I kind of had my fill of it there.

However, there was something else you mentioned that I wanted to address.

Quote:

The part where Sayaka do Shaft head-tilting while call Homura "Transfer student" and her witch version shadow on the water reflection. That part was brilliant. More so with my rewatch. That plus the witches fight, no wonder Sayaka got so many points for Rebellion. She rose from my least favourite character in Madoka to the most due to the 3rd Movie
I'm very glad to read this! Yeah, Rebellion was a good movie for Sayaka in most ways. Her coolest/smoothest moments are probably in this film, and its very neat how she can now manipulate her own witch form.

My favorite section of Rebellion is probably from the start of the Homura vs. Mami fight to the end of the Homura/Sayaka scene that immediately follows the fight. That section has some of the best Mami and Sayaka moments in the entire franchise, it also has the best one-on-one fight in the entire franchise, and it's just a wild and surprising thrill ride in many ways.
Old 2015-07-06, 07:52   Link #1052
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Yeah i guessed i exaggerated the whole Homura being beaten a bit too much. But what I means is Homura (which is also the main narrator for the audiences) were surprisingly overwhelmed by other girls power during the on-screen fight .

I means Homura power was one of the (small) plot twist in the original series after all. Time manipulation always is broken and the way she dispatched others at ease in the TV series showed just that. None other Magical Girls but her, also showed to be any capable in any proper fight. But the Rebellion properly showed otherwise, obviously shocked Homura (and us) who thought she can continue her state of superiority and do whatever she want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm very glad to read this! Yeah, Rebellion was a good movie for Sayaka in most ways. Her coolest/smoothest moments are probably in this film, and its very neat how she can now manipulate her own witch form.

My favorite section of Rebellion is probably from the start of the Homura vs. Mami fight to the end of the Homura/Sayaka scene that immediately follows the fight. That section has some of the best Mami and Sayaka moments in the entire franchise, it also has the best one-on-one fight in the entire franchise, and it's just a wild and surprising thrill ride in many ways.
Agree

Hopefully based on the movie ending, Sayaka would still play a key role. And it make sense if she will be the key driving force in the next. With Homura put close attention on both QB and Madoka. Bebe, Mami, and Kyouko are generally quite content with the situation. Making Sayaka the only one that could shift and trouble the balance of Homura world.

Unless they introduce more key characters, which generally not my cup of tea
Old 2015-07-09, 17:43   Link #1053
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
He's also done reviews for the series and some other anime, if you liked that.
Yea I know, I've been visiting the site long before he started covering anime, and more than a few ideas I took for inspiration for myself when I post about stuff.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-01, 12:11   Link #1054
woxx

reposting some translated stuff

Fake town's children are not witch's servants but more like a phenomenon that occured in the fake town. Incarnations of magic and karma that overflowed from Homura.
Children's characters fit their names, more or less. They're dress-up dolls Homura used to play with. In Homura's rewritten world, dolls keep playing around self-willingly.
The children all get along. It wasn't shown in the story, but Ibari&Nekura, Yakimochi&Namake, Mie&Okubyou are usually together.
Reiketsu and Noroma have empty gazes. Noroma's head is always tilted.

Witch's servants and barrier are born from the witch's unconscious. The witch summons them. Again, they're getting excited on their own. Some of them obey the witch, some don't. The witch herself doesn't really understand her own magic or what they are.

Hello there,
Embarrassing Good-for-nothing-sama.
Sneered at, stepped on,
And also detested.
The ashes are sown and the flowers are scattered.
Do a makeover, put the mourning clothes on.
From now, from here the funeral procession starts.
These pupils are full of envy,
These teeth gnaw at the future.

Reasons why familiars attack humans:
1) The ones that don't get magic from the witch - to feed
2) Because they hate humans or for witch's sake
3) For fun
4) They follow their roles, and people die somehow because of it
Fake town's children are the 3rd type. The rest are the 4th.
All dolls have the same face (the same base doll).

Fake town's children love Madoka, but not the Law of Cycles. The Devil is alright. Only Manuke loves everyone.
Children like watching dramas on the box in the teahouse. Their favorite one is "The pumpkin that was left all alone because of the goddess". They don't like the one with the mermaid.

There is also a part with 14 dolls introductions, but the end is different:
From now and forever
Before learning of that radiance, before losing that radiance
Here is just a festival on the eve before. An eve before failure.
All that's left is to wait for the funeral procession.
Now, now, pure white virtuous goddess. Here, here, she crosses over at this late hour, leaving an extremely deep impression. But, anyhow, aren't you overlooking something a bit? Lined up here is the troupe of mortal world. We definitely cannot become human, even if we mourn, resent, destroy and despair, we won't become human. Passion drives the bones, only depression washes the entrails. Anyway, instead we can make a lot of people like those over there. Will you forgive us then?

Also Nagisa's magic is a horn that is supposed to make her more self-assertive and greedy because she regrets wishing for just a single cheesecake.
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 12:00   Link #1055
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Where is this translated from, exactly?
Old 2015-08-04, 09:36   Link #1056
woxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Where is this translated from, exactly?
Gekidan Inu Curry Rebellion Production book
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 03:07   Link #1057
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
Gekidan Inu Curry Rebellion Production book
Which probably means these critters were created by Inu Curry, not Urobuchi. That's interesting in and of itself.
Old 2015-11-05, 01:58   Link #1058
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Is this for real?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp1I8hcqaYI

Because it kinda looks like it's for real. Somewhat higher production values than a fan vid or prank.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 09:08   Link #1059
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
Is this for real?

Because it kinda looks like it's for real. Somewhat higher production values than a fan vid or prank.
I could recognise several of those shots as being animation from the show and movies just with various edits applied to them. (Like there was an action-scene with Mami that was clearly just taken from her fight with Homura, only with the background replaced.) Likewise, the music I imagine was just taken from some other Yuki Kajiura soundtrack, and the dialogue was either lines from the show, movies, drama-CDs or perhaps other series featuring the same voice-actors?

So yeah, fake. Really well made fake, but a fake none the less. Though oh how I wish it were real. And oh how absurd I find it that we still don't have anything more concrete than "We are considering maybe doing something else at some point maybe".
Old 2015-11-05, 16:29   Link #1060
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
Is this for real?

In addition to what Vegard Aune wrote...

1. Look at the date it was posted up. March 31st. So it could have been intended as an April 1st April Fools joke. With time differences, maybe it first appeared on April 1st in some places.

2. Smiling Homura pushing the two cardboard cutout-style buildings apart (0:56) is really a bit much, even for SHAFT. At least when it comes to this series.

So yeah, this is almost certainly a fake. It is a really good fake though. At most, it might be a trail balloon to gauge how much interest there is among anime fans for another Madoka movie or TV series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
So yeah, fake. Really well made fake, but a fake none the less. Though oh how I wish it were real. And oh how absurd I find it that we still don't have anything more concrete than "We are considering maybe doing something else at some point maybe".
Honestly, if we don't get a clear-cut sequel announcement by the end of this calendar year, I'm going to assume that there probably won't be a sequel. At least not a direct sequel, for many years. Until maybe someone decides to restart the franchise, as that sort of thing seems to be growing in popularity in the anime industry these days. Even then a reboot is probably more likely than an actual narrative continuation.

Tags
madoka magica, movie